Page 343 of 345 FirstFirst ... 243293333338341342343344345 LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 6893

Thread: Magic: the Gathering - T: Add Three Mana Of Any One Colour To Your Mana Pool

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I'm in Spain. I could list the cards in cardmarket.com, have already sold some there. I'm confident I'd get about 80% of the value of the staples in a shortish amount of time, the problem is the effort involved - I don't really want to be going to the post office every other day with a pandemic out there. Maybe I should do that for the higher value cards, and buylist the rest (still don't know where)

Could also approach some of the larger MKM vendors, maybe they'd be interested. Although again, now with covid everything's on hold.
    Cardmarket is great. I made some purchases there when I was studying in Spain.

Hmmm, yeah, going to the post office is a hassle in this situation. Maybe you could announce only the higher value cards, as you said, with the caveat that you will only sell them all together. If no one bites, I would recommend waiting until the end of the pandemic, yeah.

As for buylisting, I can't really give you a recommendation - never did that before XD I've always bought/sold my cards as singles, and only ever acquired collections from friends. I should really start messing with buylists, but I have no incentive currently, since I will be playing only Pauper for the foreseeable future (I've decided to take a break from Legacy until - and if - Wizards sorts this mess out).

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Incoming ban announcement for Vintage, Legacy and Brawl! (next Monday)

let's see if only Lurrus is taken to the shed or if it's joined by others

Also, what will they do in Vintage? Ban it only as a companion? Restrict it and make it so that restricted cards can't be companions? Actually ban the card? (would be the first ban in Vintage in ages)
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    How satisfying - on the last night of IKO Quick Draft, I went 7-2 with no rares in my draft deck

R/B mutation stacks with Porcuparrot and Hemophage. Just get pinging everything they had to death.

Blog Entries
    Oh, neat! I tried to draft that deck so many times but for some reason I never manage to get the Porcuparrots and Boot Nippers together.

I completed all the Ikoria rares so I'm playing WAR quick draft now. And God do I suck at that format. Although for some reason the bots really hate white and red so at least you can consistently put together an aggressive list.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Due to exams I couldn't play enough sealed/draft to get rare complete before quick draft went away - and I don't know if I feel game trying to get rare complete by doing Premier Draft as it's such a high upfront cost.

Ugh, I hate that Wizards took quick draft away. I honestly don't know whether to just give up on Ikoria or something, or buy packs with gems.

Blog Entries
    Quick IKO draft will be back in 2 weeks, you can just stockpile gold now

Or play premier draft near the end of the format when people pass many more rares (or now, they already pass a bunch)

Gems for boosters is super ruinous unless you really really suck at draft in which case it's comparable
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 17th, 2020 at 01:35 AM.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Two weeks? Yeah I'll just do that. I did 3 premier drafts back to back. 0 0 and 1 win.

The second game I managed to draft 12 rares, then decided not to rare draft and try to do more seriously after that. It didn't help much.

Blog Entries
    Rare drafting is the big appeal of premier IMO, it feels terrible to try to draft "well" and then crash out and be down 1500 gems/10k gold

Sometimes you can even build around your janky rare pile and end up with an unexpectedly powerful deck. It's fun.

Particularly in Ikoria where 4c/5c stuff is almost a valid deck with all of the fixing.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 17th, 2020 at 03:42 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I mean, it would suck if stuff like the cycling deck was trivial to put together in bot draft.
    SPOILER: It did suck, at least in the initial 2 weeks of ikoria quick draft. Luckily I didn't have to play it.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Lurrus banned (not restricted) in Vintage and Legacy. Zirda banned in Legacy too.

Bannings will continue until morale improves.

Meanwhile I keep bot drafting aggro in WAR to mediocre success (currently 6-2 with a WR list, went 3-3, 0-3 and 3-3 before that)
    Gotta get those gems high and nice for the new set release in late June.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 18th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Hallelujah! I reached 7 wins in a WAR draft, I think that's a first for me. God I suck at this format.

Then again, Chandra won like 3 games on her own, pretty happy with the deck still
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 25th, 2020 at 08:25 AM.
    don't quote me on this

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I forgot if I've mentioned it before, but does anyone here read Destroy all Humankind. They Can't Be Regenerated. ?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Hell yeah

I really love it, it's something I've wanted for a long time: a card game story about my favourite TCG, and about actual play instead of the usual other world/shadow game nonsense

I mean I like original Yu-Gi-Oh and some of the following stuff, but for MTG focusing on the history of the real game works much better.

Also it's SOL and very cute.

Also, https://mobile.twitter.com/wizards_m...32376542445570 we got a standard (and historic) ban coming up, and it "addresses" the companion mechanic! This really should have come with the last banning, but it's pretty funny seeing too bans close together.

I would the companion part is a change to the mechanic across all formats and not just standard related. It would be incredibly lame if it was just "you cannot have a companion in standard" because it just leaves the other formats in turmoil.
    Last edited by Saiga; May 26th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Destroy all humankind is based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I forgot if I've mentioned it before, but does anyone here read Destroy all Humankind. They Can't Be Regenerated. ?
    It's really cool! Hajime is such a lovable little edgelord hahaha
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It's a pretty fantastic manga from an author I already liked. That nuwalkers cover kind of spooked me, though.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Glad to hear it. Yup, it's a great little gem of a manga even without the MtG context. Really nostalgic.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Companion is henceforth overhauled. All that remainder text on Companions printed in Ikoria is now complete nonsense.

Once per game, any time you could cast a sorcery (during your main phase when the stack is empty), you can pay 3 generic mana to put your companion from your sideboard into your hand. This is a special action, not an activated ability. It happens immediately and can't be responded to. It can't be countered or stopped by cards like Phyrexian Revoker.

Blog Entries
    After a pretty sweet 66% win percentage streak over 9 drafts in RIX quick draft that took me to plat 1, I'm back to my scheduled sucking with M21 Limited.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; June 28th, 2020 at 08:08 PM.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Meanwhile I'm doing pretty well in M21 limited. Well,.I've only had time for three runs so far.

The first was actually pretty bad - I got Ugin AND Chandra in my pool, but went 1-3 or 2-3 (can't remember) - despite the huge potential either card has, they both underperformed due to the situations I got to play them in (basically didn't get Ugin out until my opponent already had creatures that dodged his -X)

Second run was 6-3 with Gruul monsters, including a game where I even managed to burn my opponent from 43 life in three turns thanks to Brash Taunter and my opponent's BIG fucking Hydra - while their Baneslayer was hitting me in the face. Super close!

Then after that, another 5-3 run with Gruul monsters. Gruul is my favourite colour combo, so I'm feeling much better than I did during Ikoria (which I never rare completed).