Thread: Army Of Darkness + Fate Crossover Concept

Army Of Darkness + Fate Crossover Concept

Just a heads up, there will be minor spoilers to some of the Evil Dead movies, so if you ever plan to watch the old films, just be warned.

Alright, the crossover is a bit out there I know but hear me out:

After Ash seals away the Ancient Evil and is sent into the past, instead of it being the past where it has an Arthurian-inspired setting, he is legit sent into one of the various depictions of TYPEMOON's Arthurian Tales. One that is currently plagued with the Deadites, which they are trying to fight back but are struggling due to the fact more just keep springing up the more they kill. So they end up relying on Ash's (rather spotty) knowledge of these living dead.

I can imagine it is set up very similar to how the movie is initially, with him falling from the sky and some of the Knight Of The Round Table coming to investigate. Finding the badly battered Ashley Williams, dressed in his bloodstained, tattered, semi-modern clothing and chainsaw hand complete with his shotgun. However, instead of him being lumped up with enemies of war, it's more like the beginning of the second movie where they surround Ash. Though, unlike the knights we see there, they don't automatically call him a Deadite and try to kill him. For the most part, they are treating him with understandable caution and suspicion.

Then like in the second movie, that harpy-like Deadite shows up. Instead of scrambling away in terror, the knight stands their ground and draw their swords and order their archers to ready their bows. However as they are in the middle of doing so, much like in the movie, Ash takes out the Deadite by blowing its head off with his sawed-off double barrel. This of course gets the attention of the knights, having not seen such weaponry before and most likely believe he is a sorcerer, his gun being a strange staff. Also given cool-headed and effective he was at bringing down the Deadite, they pick up on the fact he has experience with killing these beasts. So they bring him back to the castle to inform Arthur/Artoria of this news and see what should be done about Ash. That being if Arthur/Artoria is not with them to see this take place.

Depending on which interpretation this goes with, I can envision Ash being rather surprised to meet King Arthur, more so upon finding out she is a woman, depending on if she is hiding her actual sex during this. The same goes for Mordred and Gareth. Though I don't know if Ash would be familiar with those two, he never seemed like the type of guy to be well-versed in literature, even the basic, well-known, things. Plus the overall style of everything would probably be jarring as hell, it clashes with his realistic, gritty, horror movie protagonist design.

For other concepts, like Evil Ash, one could have it where the evil clone is more akin to a homunculus, sorta being similar to Mordred in a sense. I don't even wanna know how one would do the Mini Ashs if they should even make an appearance along with all the other bizarre stuff that goes on in that film. Same thing about the romance between him and Sheila.

So yeah, that's basically the barebones of how I see such a crossover going down. There are probably lots of lore in the FATE verse that I'm unaware of that would tear this crossover apart, or some that could make it theoretically work. I mean, FATE has had weirder things go on in its lore. A crass, horror movie protagonist, sent from another time and world entirely to help fend off legions of demonic undead probably isn't even the wildest of things to have happened in FATE.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just come to the realization that I really should've posted this in the Fanfic General Discussion forum instead. Apologies if this bothers anyone.
    Last edited by MaddestOfCap; March 20th, 2023 at 01:36 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It's also really really hard to concentrate on your post itself and not just... be distracted by that profile picture, whatever it is that's staring at me with huge black eyes.

Sorry! I've been using it as a profile picture for many of the sites I frequent for a while. I found the image years ago. I think it's a cover from an obscure book and it's supposed to be the pattern of a moth? I personally always saw it being a depiction of a púca from Celtic folklore.
    Last edited by MaddestOfCap; March 20th, 2023 at 05:17 PM.