Thread: Court Martial (An F/GO one shot)

Blog Entries

Court Martial (An F/GO one shot)

A man is in his workshop surrounded by jewels
    The jewels are bright and brimming with potential
    The man looks within those jewels and sees multiple
    possibilities
    reflections

The Future can be change

A man is in a dark field looking up at the Cosmos
    The Cosmos was empty
    full of void and long dead stars
    The Future cannot be change

The Imaginary Space

Marisbury Animusphere has been dead for a long time. Supposedly shot to death by Daybit Sem Void in 2012. That death has been recorded and affirmed by the World. It is set in stone. So why is he alive and well sitting on a chair?

From up above a man sits upon his bench looking down on the Clocktower Lord and the man who is responsible for the bleaching of the earth. The Wizard Marshall Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg.

“If you wanted attention you certainly got it.” The Magician said “I’ve seen all sorts of ways to the Root but this is certainly one of the more large-scale ones. If I was to look at your plan from a pure magus standpoint it would be passing with flying colors, but from a cosmic standpoint it’s horrifying.”

“My my to hear that from you of all people certainly warms my heart.” Marsibury said with a soft smile “Still I wonder why you have brought me back here. Looking at the place you put me in I suppose I’m being judged?” The Lord scoffed “What would be the point you’ve already made your judgment about me anyway.”

“Although you may have destroyed the Clocktower you are still part of the Mage Association. So as per the clause of 1990 as a member of the Mage Association you have the right of fair trial.” The man smirks “Also pretty presumptuous to think I have made my judgment yet. You could convince me that you did the right thing.”

“I am right.” Marsibury said “I just know your type of people would never accept my plan of action. Too extreme they think ‘too inhumane they think not knowing that this is the only way human order can prosper.”

“Is it?”

“You’ve seen the Atlas simulations. Humanity will end and that is final.” The Lord said “Even if people were trying to change things they will always be people who will keep them as they are. The eternal conflict of humanity will doom us all.”

“I see so why save humanity in the first place if we are doomed?”

“Isn't it natural to save your own race from extinction? To see it prosper and grow beyond the stars?” Marsibury said “The fact that we continue to exist despite everything is amazing, and I want to continue that existence permanently.”

“Even if it is at the cost of the current humanity, the numerous lostbelts, your prized pupil, and even your own daughter?” Zelretch replies

“Yes, everything and more” Marsibury said without hesitation

“Then we are at an impasse. The fact that you are willing to sacrifice that much for your plan is beyond any sort of human morality.” The Wizard Martial said “As my authority was given to me by the Mage Association I Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg deemed Maribury Animsphere Lord of the Astrometry branch of the Clocktower guilty for the Bleaching of the Earth.”

The Lord smirk “See this is what I was talking about. Your judgment was made even before this farce of a trail began. Anyways what is the punishment 2nd Magician? Are you going to ruin my plans with your usual meddling?”

“No, although your plan was great from a theoretical magus perspective. In practice it was doomed from the beginning, mostly due to your actions. The Magician said “Still it is a shame to lose talent like you. If in one of those many possibilities that you could’ve shed the grand ambitions of the Animusphere and maybe spend some time with you daughter you could have had a different life.”

“Oh what life could I have had with
    dead end
    Olga Marie Animusphere
    ?"

“A happy one.”
    Last edited by Glazy; May 30th, 2023 at 12:11 AM.
    The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While I'm unsure of what the point of the "text over text" is, I find your conclusion oh SO satisfying. Insofar as magus society is concerned, I find them more and more useless the more I learn of them, and Marisbury, while not the most egregious example (*coughs*Zouken*coughs*), is nevertheless heinous.

Thank you,
    for poking him over the neurotic mess he undeservedly made of poor Olga Marie.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    While I'm unsure of what the point of the "text over text" is, I find your conclusion oh SO satisfying. Insofar as magus society is concerned, I find them more and more useless the more I learn of them, and Marisbury, while not the most egregious example (*coughs*Zouken*coughs*), is nevertheless heinous.

Thank you,
    for poking him over the neurotic mess he undeservedly made of poor Olga Marie.
    Thank you very much for reading!
    When talking about the "Text over text" did you mean the ruby text if so
    The Reflections and possibilities one is a reference to the 2nd Magic and Zelretch mastery over Jewels. As jewels have multiple images so that equal to the parallel worlds since some parallel worlds can look similiar.
    The Dead End and Olga is a
    reference to Olga's weird state in FGO in which she's dead but not really. It also have a double meaning in which Marisbury see his own daughter as nothing more than a hindrance to his plan
    Hope this help!
    The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium