Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that some time passed what is this boards opinion on Ordeal Call?

I legitimately can’t tell if this is a shit post or not.

Anyways as mentioned we can’t actually judge the execution of these four chapters (yes there’s four. You don’t have the exposition man slip that number in without any pay off) so all we got is the bare bone basics of its concept

Which is fucking stupid at this point in the story. If they wanted a year/two year long arc about how the extra classes are supposed to function that’s fine. But don’t do it right as the endgame for another story arc is about to happen. Especially when said arcs second half already began dragging when they decided that singular plot lines ended entire chapters dedicated to them with the results almost never reaching similar quality to the main story chapters.

The thing that works against Ordeal Call is that we know nothing of what to expect. At least with Ebin of Remnant you'd know that they were singularities. With Cosmos in the Lostbelt, Lostbelts. But so far, we've been told that there are "distortions" that we need to address without ever trying to explain what these are or what to expect so there is nothing to get hyped for either besides those 3 character designs.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    The whole existence of how the classes came to be and what they actually mean in the grand scope of things is a lingering question. This is undoubtedly a filler arc based on a hastily tossed together premise, only first very lightly foreshadowed by Olga in LB7, but hopefully this story will explore that while explaining why the extra classes existing is somehow cancerous. If this can ultimately feel like it's at least giving us enough context to answer some of the remaining lingering questions while being entertaining in its own right, it at least won't feel like a waste of time (assuming they actually finish in a year like they should, instead of dragging it out for two years).

Unless we get the first one right after the current event they’re probably sticking to two story chapters per year like before. So yeah two year arc.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm 100% sure Ordeal Call won't be dragged out like the lostbelts were. The 3 chapters mentioned will release this year, and I'm sure that the first one will release next month before the collab. This will give us the beast class, in preparation for Tiamat and Draco in May.
    This isn't optimism, OP. It's delusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm interested in the Avenger one but it's going to be written by Sakurai so I'm already disappointed.
    Based.

- - - Updated - - -

As for OC, it will probably have one or two cool moments per chapter and maybe even a hot waifu or three. That's as much as I expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I think we should place our bets on whether Ordeal Call and the last chapter of Cosmos in Lost Belt can wrap up by 2023

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think we should place our bets on whether Ordeal Call and the last chapter of Cosmos in Lost Belt can wrap up by 2023
    Why make this bet? Wait for the March 26th - AnimeJapan 2023 stream and if they don't announce an April OC chapter on it, it would be foolish to bet that the final chapter will be by the end of 2023. I certainly understand that hope dies last, but we have to be realistic.

There's zero chance of OC finishing *and* Antarctica this year lmao. Most optimistic is Antarctica by the end of next year and I wouldn't even bet a lot on that.

Anyway, I'm actually deluded optimistic that OC will be worth it. There's a lot of potential to explore when you look at the characters and plot threads the individual chapters could/should be dealing with.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I fully expect OC to have nothing to do with Marisbury arc stuff and conclude no plot threads but leave foreshadowing for what's to come afterwards, and then when we get to Chaldea we discover Marisbury prepared 4 singularities/lostbelts/eggs for us to deal with before we face him for real for real this time no cap

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Only 4?

Blog Entries
    Completing all 4 Ordeal Call allowed Novum Chaldea to enter Antarctica, but just as they are about to enter the base, they are blocked by another barrier due to missing pieces in their memories. To get them back and make them whole again to gain entrance, we have to go through Total Recall.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Only 4?
    Remember in the 5th anniversary anniversary interview when Nasu said we were are the 1/4 point of part 2.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure Nasu will make me remember sooner or later

GASLIGHTING BEEEAAAAM

Blog Entries
    Well, if nothing else, at least we'll get a little follow-through on all that stuff about Avenger being weird and special, maybe some elaboration surrounding the "edgy dudes" class. I'm literally only interested in OC from the perspective of a person who usually hangs out in the Create-A-Servant thread lmao

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I fully expect OC to have nothing to do with Marisbury arc stuff and conclude no plot threads but leave foreshadowing for what's to come afterwards, and then when we get to Chaldea we discover Marisbury prepared 4 singularities/lostbelts/eggs for us to deal with before we face him for real for real this time no cap
    If the OС will have nothing to do with the Marisbury arc, what is the word "The Count" doing in the trailer?

Without being quite so literal, I doubt that whatever they have in store for "omg Dantes was an apostle all along what now" will be relevant to the overarching plot whatsoever. It'll be just like Douman's resolution: cut it out and nothing at all is lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Without being quite so literal, I doubt that whatever they have in store for "omg Dantes was an apostle all along what now" will be relevant to the overarching plot whatsoever. It'll be just like Douman's resolution: cut it out and nothing at all is lost.
    Do you think that the Count and his resurrection of U-Olga will not be revealed in the OС?

What I'm saying is that if "The Count" refers to Dantes (most likely) then his role in OC might very well be related to his role as an apostle, but that in the grand scheme of things, it actually has no bearing on the main story. Just like how Douman only exists to instigate some changes to Lostbelts (LB4) basically (because everything else he does could be literally any other character) and how the resolution to his character arc had absolutely no bearing on the main story. He tries to create a new vessel for the Alien God, tries to become a Beast, fails, dies. Even when they reference this in story later (LB6 and 7) it's like a single line, and the second time it's even played off as a joke (all the choices are the same "he got what he deserved").

Muramasa had a purpose in the story related to the Alien World: to ensure the preparation/advent of the god's vessel, and that's what he did. He was specifically tailored for this purpose, being fitted with components to slay even Atlas (that's a lot of foresight from the Alien World, btw...). Rasputin has a purpose in the story related to the Alien World: he guides all the Crypters (to some degree) and directly serves the Alien God (to some degree). He's less specifically tailored for this, but you can argue his constituents still make him the man for the job, and he's shown this role of his several times in the story. Douman was also in the group assigned to "monitor and supervise the Crypters", but he had no other really obvious role so we have to assume that's literally what his job was (unless his job was literally to fuck with everyone that wasn't Kirschtaria). He...is not specifically tailored for this. In fact, his components don't matter whatsoever, because they're not even once brought up in the story. They could have been literally any two components you can think of and nothing changes. The closest thing he does to actually fulfilling this role is beating up Kadoc for coming too close to the truth, but anything and everything he does could arguably be done by any other antagonistic character in the whole story, and it doesn't change anything. In other words, Douman is a character whose existence in the story, as well as whose character resolution, does not matter in the slightest to the main story.

That's what I think Dantes' case with being revealed as an Apostle in the story will be like. He will appear in OC because he's one of the biggest representers of Avenger, and we might have to deal with his existence as an Apostle (by the way, remember that Romani only said this to Rasputin. Chaldea has no idea, so no reason for Dantes to just let it slip out of nowhere), but no matter how that's gonna resolve here, it's not gonna affect the main story. It won't affect Marisbury's plan, it won't relate to the Bleaching, it won't let us stop CHALDEAS, or learn what's up with the galaxies in the trees for certain. It'll be Dantes, and it'll be his role, and they'll talk about what it was, and then that'll be that. This in contrast to the other two people assigned to "Monitor and guide Chaldea", which was Moriarty and Holmes. We don't know exactly what Holmes' purpose was yet, but knowing that we were being "led" to destroy the Lostbelts for CHALDEAS, it presumably related to that somehow. Meanwhile, Moriarty seemingly just existed to get Holmes back on track, and then wanted to take over Chaldea for himself to do the rest of the work. These two directly affect the course of the main story. Dantes, just like Douman, is stuck as an outlier, with nothing to do and nothing to matter for.

Also, not sure what you mean by "his resurrection of Olga". Dantes wasn't stated to be responsible for anything like that (you'd expect it from Rasputin, the butler who literally has resurrection-tier healing powers), and why would Olga be brought back in what's presumably going to be completely internal struggles within Chaldea. It would make way more sense for her to be brought back in some way once we're actually inside CHALDEAS (aka, the main story actually continues).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Also, not sure what you mean by "his resurrection of Olga". Dantes wasn't stated to be responsible for anything like that (you'd expect it from Rasputin, the butler who literally has resurrection-tier healing powers), and why would Olga be brought back in what's presumably going to be completely internal struggles within Chaldea. It would make way more sense for her to be brought back in some way once we're actually inside CHALDEAS (aka, the main story actually continues).
    So Kirei/Rasputin himself says in the epilogue of Lostbelt 7 that it makes no sense for him to restore U-Olga's ruined Saints Graph, and that the "The Count" would do so in order to use her cruelly. Or would the translation be inaccurate and I misunderstood? I always understood it as Holmes (if he still alive), Kirei, the Count and U-Olga would be the last defense of the Chaldean core.

And, I doubt the Count is Dantes. I'm betting on Abe no Seimei. If my theory is correct, he's just perfect for the role of the last apostle.
    Last edited by MaxXx2021; March 23rd, 2023 at 11:29 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    U-Olga is just Olga dreaming and living her best mary sue life. Which means the apostles' purposes is just being her dream harem, look at how they're all men with pretty muscular bodies, except Holmes, to fill the twink quota. Even her deep, secret fujo fantasies are laid bare when you realize you got Muramasa/Rasputin and Holmes/Moriarty hanging around. You need to look pretty deep into the text to realize this.