Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that some time passed what is this boards opinion on Ordeal Call?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    U-Olga is just Olga dreaming and living her best mary sue life. Which means the apostles' purposes is just being her dream harem, look at how they're all men with pretty muscular bodies, except Holmes, to fill the twink quota. Even her deep, secret fujo fantasies are laid bare when you realize you got Muramasa/Rasputin and Holmes/Moriarty hanging around. You need to look pretty deep into the text to realize this.
    Jeanne D'Arc Alter vibe... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blog Entries
    I think it might be cruel if Dantes brought Olga back, which means she will eventually learn the truth about the shit that is her life. Compared to LB7 where she died for her friends without knowing anything that is.

If the point of OC is to prove to the Human Order that the classes are beneficial and Dantes is the focus of the Avenger chapter (likely given the title), then I don't see his role as an Apostle antagonist lasting beyond OC, so I suspect Olga will return very soon. I think saying "OC is filler so it won't happen" is like, reverse copium. Side note, Dantes actually betraying us seems very unlikely. I figure he's more of a Holmes character, loves us too much to really betray us. Of course, Holmes is unresolved, but that's besides the point.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxXx2021 View Post
    So Kirei/Rasputin himself says in the epilogue of Lostbelt 7 that it makes no sense for him to restore U-Olga's ruined Saints Graph, and that the "The Count" would do so in order to use her cruelly. Or would the translation be inaccurate and I misunderstood? I always understood it as Holmes (if he still alive), Kirei, the Count and U-Olga would be the last defense of the Chaldean core.

And, I doubt the Count is Dantes. I'm betting on Abe no Seimei. If my theory is correct, he's just perfect for the role of the last apostle.
    I think Dantes' whole arc with his twin existence and his actual caring for Gudao will make for entirely an different course of action than what Rasputin might have imagined (sort of like how Holmes obviously didn't follow the set plan).

Also, if Dantes isn't the Count then arguing over whether OC has main story relevance becomes even more moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    If the point of OC is to prove to the Human Order that the classes are beneficial and Dantes is the focus of the Avenger chapter (likely given the title), then I don't see his role as an Apostle antagonist lasting beyond OC, so I suspect Olga will return very soon. I think saying "OC is filler so it won't happen" is like, reverse copium. Side note, Dantes actually betraying us seems very unlikely. I figure he's more of a Holmes character, loves us too much to really betray us. Of course, Holmes is unresolved, but that's besides the point.
    I don't think it won't happen, I just think it'll have no bearing on the main plot at large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Olga returning and Dantes apostle reveal and aftermath is something that can happen in like, a single chapter of a story, it won't really make 4 stories of Ordeal Call suddenly incredibly relevant. Look at Holmes, his reveal, fight with Moriarty and death happened in 5 seconds and did almost nothing to advance the plot of the Lostbelts at large. If it happens in Ordeal with Dantes I suspect it will be the same "oh no, Dantes is an apostle! Also Olga is back! Yay! Anyway, moving on" like Holmes.

EDIT: For further clarification, even if there's a Dantes apostle reveal, it will likely be treated just like Shimousa treated Musashi and Douman: introduction, but no resolution, or like Holmes, he "died" but will come back later presumably so, same if Olga gets restored, her arc won't be done until she meets her dad and finds out about all that he planned for her, where it went wrong, and what he intended to do originally, and how the Alien God shit came to be. Dantes appearing and even an Olga resurrection in OC won't make it incredibly relevant because we need to actually deal with Marisbury to resolve anything left at this point. And Fuyuki.

Dantes will likely not really be all the relevant for anything unless his job is just bringing Olga back because nothing really needs his presence right now to be resolved. The pending things right now is Olga coming back and meeting Marisbury and concluding her arc which comes along with us finding the truth of all his plans, dealing with Fuyuki, and whatever Kirei shenanigans he's up to. Like fumei said Dantes will probably be a Douman situation where he has a resolution but it's not necessary for things to move forward.
    Last edited by Kirishima; March 24th, 2023 at 01:11 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure everything beyond Olympus was supposed to be much more compact originally, and they've had to breadcrumb all the main-story stuff because lol padding.

Olga returning and Dantes apostle reveal and aftermath is something that can happen in like, a single chapter of a story, it won't really make 4 stories of Ordeal Call suddenly incredibly relevant. Look at Holmes, his reveal, fight with Moriarty and death happened in 5 seconds and did almost nothing to advance the plot of the Lostbelts at large. If it happens in Ordeal with Dantes I suspect it will be the same "oh no, Dantes is an apostle! Also Olga is back! Yay! Anyway, moving on" like Holmes.

EDIT: For further clarification, even if there's a Dantes apostle reveal, it will likely be treated just like Shimousa treated Musashi and Douman: introduction, but no resolution, or like Holmes, he "died" but will come back later presumably so, same if Olga gets restored, her arc won't be done until she meets her dad and finds out about all that he planned for her, where it went wrong, and what he intended to do originally, and how the Alien God shit came to be. Dantes appearing and even an Olga resurrection in OC won't make it incredibly relevant because we need to actually deal with Marisbury to resolve anything left at this point. And Fuyuki.

Dantes will likely not really be all the relevant for anything unless his job is just bringing Olga back because nothing really needs his presence right now to be resolved. The pending things right now is Olga coming back and meeting Marisbury and concluding her arc which comes along with us finding the truth of all his plans, dealing with Fuyuki, and whatever Kirei shenanigans he's up to. Like fumei said Dantes will probably be a Douman situation where he has a resolution but it's not necessary for things to move forward.
    I have a question: How do you imagine this?

So instead of her gradually remembering what's going on, we need Olga's father in the finale to throw a bunch of lore notes in the style of Resident Evil room?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Olga won't know the full details of everything, or else there will be no mystery left by the time we get to the final chapter. But obviously she may remember/know some details that we will use as hints, but it seems pretty obvious her whole complete character arc won't come until things are settled with Billy. Not just for her memories but for development as a person.

I'm pretty sure Olga won't know the full details of everything, or else there will be no mystery left by the time we get to the final chapter. But obviously she may remember/know some details that we will use as hints, but it seems pretty obvious her whole complete character arc won't come until things are settled with Billy. Not just for her memories but for development as a person.
    Here I agree with you. Olga cannot know all the details, such as how the formation of the gods in the Chaldean world works. But the bulk of her drama must come from her, not from her father's story.

Blog Entries
    U-Olga is just Olga dreaming and living her best mary sue life. Which means the apostles' purposes is just being her dream harem, look at how they're all men with pretty muscular bodies, except Holmes, to fill the twink quota. Even her deep, secret fujo fantasies are laid bare when you realize you got Muramasa/Rasputin and Holmes/Moriarty hanging around. You need to look pretty deep into the text to realize this.
    This man speaks in facts and logic.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Sorry I don't check these fourms as often as I'd like. Here we go some main points I want to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    the absolute state of lasengle bootlickers...
    FGO is the only phone game with servants. I have no interest to play any other game and in the end FGO gives me as a fate fan exactly what I want. More new servants.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Prototype content? Saver? TAMAMO VITCH??????
    How much copium can you fit in one post holy shit
    Its reasonable really. The teaser mentions the tokyo holy grail war and Proto Gil was in the datamine years ago. The trailer also mentions fate extra which is why I think Saver might be arriving. An arc about new extra classes is a good time to create a new one. Last Tama vitch never really arrives instead we learn that Koyanskya is not the real tamamo vich. Also its never explained why Koyanskya of darkness is a foreigner. Ordeal call is a good time to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    There's zero chance of OC finishing *and* Antarctica this year lmao. Most optimistic is Antarctica by the end of next year and I wouldn't even bet a lot on that.

Anyway, I'm actually deluded optimistic that OC will be worth it. There's a lot of potential to explore when you look at the characters and plot threads the individual chapters could/should be dealing with.
    I never said they would do all OC and Antarctica in one year. I do expect 3 chapters in 2023 and 2024
    The reason lostbelts got dragged out was for a few reasons.

1. Covid sucks and screwed everything up.
    2. The Sheer scale of lb6 and 7

I don't expect either OC or Antarctica to be anywhere near the same scale as lb6. They did all of EoR in one year, and the next year they did the first 3 lostbelts. Its very reasonable that 3 could be made this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Where your misunderstanding lies is that you're accepting OC at face value as an integral part of the plot and a direct continuation of the Lostbelt story, simply thinking it's 3-4 additional surprise chapters, like Olympus. The chances of this actually being the case are supremely slim, and that's exactly why people are mad at it.
    Ok, it took nasu 1 1/2 years to write LB6 and 1 year to write 7. So what exactly was going to happen while he wrote Antarctica? Honestly I'm surprised that you didn't see this coming. Besides you don't actully think FGO ends when we defeat Marsbury right? The amount of anger towards this is projection from players that want to stop playing when the lostbelt arc ends. Your just mad that you didn't get your way. I personally love FGO and I will enjoy new content no matter what. If you hate FGO that much then just quit. Bye Felicia.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I was thinking of how to put my thoughts nicely, but all it took was one refresh to give up on that idea...

I mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    Ok, it took nasu 1 1/2 years to write LB6 and 1 year to write 7. So what exactly was going to happen while he wrote Antarctica? Honestly I'm surprised that you didn't see this coming. Besides you don't actully think FGO ends when we defeat Marsbury right? The amount of anger towards this is projection from players that want to stop playing when the lostbelt arc ends. Your just mad that you didn't get your way. I personally love FGO and I will enjoy new content no matter what. If you hate FGO that much then just quit. Bye Felicia.
    This is a bruh moment.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1. it took Nasu 5 months to write LB6.
    2. it probably took him even less time to write LB7
    3. it's not about F/GO ending, it's about Part 2.

But most importantly of all, I feel like the hatred toward OC is exactly because people like F/GO's story. If you just casually accept it, I'd probably question whether or not you're actually invested in the story at all.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Last Tama vitch never really arrives instead we learn that Koyanskya is not the real tamamo vich. Also its never explained why Koyanskya of darkness is a foreigner. Ordeal call is a good time to explain that.
    So you think they named her Tamamo Vitch Koyanskaya and gave her every bit of characterization and aesthetic that "tamamo vitch" was hinted to have, and proceeded to make her one of the most important characters in the story, all so that they could then introduce the real "tamamo vitch" in a filler chapter, after already having released two different versions of Koyanskaya.
    You think that was their endgame with that twist?

Also she's a space rock that's ready to go back to space my guy, they really don't need a new chapter to explain her class.
    Last edited by pinetree; March 24th, 2023 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Proto Gil was in the datamine years ago
    Just to zero in on this specifically: you know that content that was datamined is only really indicative of a plan, right? In this case, a plan that was mapped out years ago? It's not a physical law or anything that it has to actually end up in the game. In fact, it's currently a prime example of datamined content which, thus far, has not been added to the game in any capacity whatsoever.

Datamining isn't really evidence of anything other than "there was some stuff in the blueprint at one point and they never really figured out where to put it". All software has stuff that's dummied out.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    But most importantly of all, I feel like the hatred toward OC is exactly because people like F/GO's story. If you just casually accept it, I'd probably question whether or not you're actually invested in the story at all.
    Nothing says "I love this" like casually accepting running it into the ground and derailing the story just for the sake of adding more.

Ubergeneral strikes me as the kind of guy who at no point during a franchise says "there doesn't need to be any more, all that should be said has been said and any further additions will just be milking it for the sake of money" and instead just blissfully consumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Nothing says "I love this" like casually accepting running it into the ground and derailing the story just for the sake of adding more.

Ubergeneral strikes me as the kind of guy who at no point during a franchise says "there doesn't need to be any more, all that should be said has been said and any further additions will just be milking it for the sake of money" and instead just blissfully consumes.
    Like any <Insert Any Popular Franchise Here> fan that only cares about quantity and not quality, there's always going to be people like this unfortunately. Any glaring issue or practice that harms the franchise gets completely overlooked or treated as nothing important, and if somebody complains to raise awareness to the ones behind it so things get hopefully better they're wrong because a "true" fan wouldn't complain about anything.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    The trailer also mentions fate extra which is why I think Saver might be arriving
    Bro this reasoning is just like when before Avengers Endgame was released, they teased the letter "A" on some promotional art and the youtuber theorists were like "This is clearly a hint that Apocalypse and the X-Men will be in the movie"

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Ubergeneral when he finds out FGO is more than a Servant PokéDex
    burn your dread you coward