Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: (Bi)Monthly Don't-Create-A-Servant Contest

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You that wasn't clear at all, you should probably clarify it outside of the narrative then.

So basically the actual prompt is anyone involved in the incident in which a head of Zoology is exiled?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    You that wasn't clear at all, you should probably clarify it outside of the narrative then.

So basically the actual prompt is anyone involved in the incident in which a head of Zoology is exiled?
    This is the prompt:
    The Barthomeloi forced the Head of the Zoology Department into exile.
    What you do with it, how you interpret it, and how you approach it is up to you. I was seeing most of the discussion on this month's prompt assuming you had to make a Zoology head, but the prompt itself does not say that.
    To clarify, in the spirit of the sub-board, all prompts are assumed to be more descriptive rather than prescriptive.
    Furthermore, this is "Don't Create a Servant," not "Make a Magus." You are not limited to magi or even humans.
    You could submit a sheet for the town in which the Zoology head was exiled to as an example.

Be creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    oh good

my 100k word thesis is a valid entry then

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That makes sense but you should probably add some clarification to the OP simply because that's not how the Servant contest does it. I imagine most newcomers will interpret it as what their character needs to be to qualify.
    At least I did and I was following contest discussion from the start lol
    Last edited by pinetree; May 3rd, 2023 at 02:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That makes sense but you should probably add some clarification to the OP simply because that's not how the Servant contest does it. I imagine most newcomers will interpret it was what their character needs to be to qualify.
    Okay, I've added a section to the OP that addresses this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    That makes sense but you should probably add some clarification to the OP simply because that's not how the Servant contest does it. I imagine most newcomers will interpret it as what their character needs to be to qualify.
    i did too but this does help. If we treat the prompt is a book title, then we do not need to write the protagonist. We can write antagonists, side characters, bosses and even locations if need be. Heck, I could imagine writing a sheet for a fucking weapon that was used during an incident.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    This is the prompt:
    The Barthomeloi forced the Head of the Zoology Department into exile.
    What you do with it, how you interpret it, and how you approach it is up to you. I was seeing most of the discussion on this month's prompt assuming you had to make a Zoology head, but the prompt itself does not say that.
    To clarify, in the spirit of the sub-board, all prompts are assumed to be more descriptive rather than prescriptive.
    Furthermore, this is "Don't Create a Servant," not "Make a Magus." You are not limited to magi or even humans.
    You could submit a sheet for the town in which the Zoology head was exiled to as an example.

Be creative.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh no...

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What have we done?
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love how this open ended interpretation allows for serious creativity and drunken shitposts and everything in between to be eligible. Now, time to do one of each…
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Is your sheet for this contest gonna be linked with one of your narratives?

Supreme Mystic Code: Allerleirauh – Thousandfurs

The Gaiuslinks: Heads of the Clock Tower’s Department of Zoology. So tightly tied are they with the Barthomeloi that they essentially act as a third arm for the family. But what is it that put them so deeply into their debt? The answer lies in the previous family to head the department, the Taxemics, and their Supreme Mystic Code.

As masters over Department V, Chimera, it is only natural that their Supreme Mystic Code would involve command over transformation, particularly involving animals. As such, this Mystic Code takes the form of a heavy, hooded fur coat, albeit an unusual one. Rather than being a single pelt, the coat instead looks to be made of dozens of different swatches of fur, feathers, and scales, stitched together with seams so small they seem invisible to the naked eye. The result is a bizarre kaleidoscope of colors and textures, one that seems to completely conceal the presence of the wearer. And indeed, that is part of its power.

Based on the variety of “princess disguised in animal skin” fairy tales, particularly the Brothers Grimm’s “Allerleirauh; or Many-Kinds-of-Fur,” this Mystic Code has two primary effects. One, by embodying the idea that “the person who wears this cannot be recognized as a proper human,” the wielder of the cloak may conceal their identity completely. By drawing the coat completely around themselves and drawing up the hood, the wielder “will cease to be seen as a human.” This will render them unrecognizable by traditional methods; analysis of voice, scent, gait, and even Magical Energy will register them as an unknown entity. However, the effect only works as long as the face is concealed.

The second and more combative ability allows the wearer to draw upon the abilities of the various creatures whose bodies make up the coat, drawing upon their strengths to augment their own. They could charge forward with the speed of a cheetah, strike with the strength of a grizzly bear, or even maneuver through the air with a falcon’s agility. Overall, there are one-hundred different creatures whose bodies contributed to Allerleirauh’s construction, including twelve Phantasmal Beast samples.

However, while this Mystic Code is certainly impressive, it is hardly what one would call Supreme, nor a weapon dangerous enough to merit the removal of an entire family from the aristocracy of the Moonlit World. After all, methods of magical concealment are hardly uncommon, and while the variety of beasts available to a single user is impressive, the coat’s second ability is essentially the Beast Magecraft of the Glascheits. And the then-head of the Taxemics knew that better than anyone.

Seeing his family’s position threatened, Niko Taxemic was desperate to find a way to keep his family’s status, to not let their Grand Order fade into obscurity. And so he set out to find a creature powerful enough to restore his family’s dominance, a Phantasmal Species whose pelt would raise Allerleirauh even higher. And unfortunately for him, he succeeded.

It was a chance encounter in the forests of Romania. While tracking what he believed was a powerful specimen of a Werewolf, Niko Taxemic was brought face to face with a monster among monsters; the Tenth Dead Apostle Ancestor, Nrvnqsr Chaos. The fight, such as it was, was brief and decisive. But while Niko failed to even scratch his foe, Nrvnqsr found himself intrigued by the potential of his Mystic Code. Amused by the encounter, he decided not only to spare Niko’s life, but to provide him with what he had been seeking; a swatch of fur from the formless chaos that made up his own body, one infused with a miniscule fragment of his Idea Blood. And then, uncaring about what came next, the Ancestor walked away, leaving the nearly dead Niko with a choice to make.

In hindsight, the decision was foolish, even mad. The interest of a being like a Dead Apostle Ancestor is something that should be avoided at all costs, and for a weakening Magus family to infuse their life’s work with even the smallest piece of such a powerful Principle as Nrvnqsr’s would be foolish to the extreme. But Niko was desperate, and more than that, he was overconfident. Seeing Nrvnqsr sparing his life as a sign of destiny rather than a passing whim, he added the Soil of Genesis’s pelt to Allerleirauh. In doing so, he finally raised the Mystic Code to the level of Supreme…and doomed his family in the process.

Infused with the Dead Apostle Ancestor’s Principle of Predator, the coat now achieved a third ability: the complete transformation of the user. By drawing their own blood and spreading it upon the coat, the wearer would be encircled and consumed by it, transforming them into a monstrous chimeric creature, one of intense power. Not only does this new form grant tremendously enhanced physical attributes, but the wearer, piloting the beast from inside like a puppet, is able to access any and every ability possessed by Allerleirauh’s various pelts, mixing and matching them as they please. Furthermore, the coat’s user can activate a partial release if they so desire, causing their pelt-covered limbs to expand into hideous mishmashes of various animal parts to bludgeon, tear, and otherwise maul their foes. This third ability received its own name: Allerleirauh – Perfected Chimera. It was a title of overbearing arrogance and sheer gall. And once the Barthomeloi learned of the origins of this new power, it marked the end of the Taxemics as Heads of the Clock Tower.

In the ensuing battle, Niko, along with many of his family members, were slain, with the survivors barely managing to escape with their lives. Lacking resources, friends, and even the Taxemic Magic Crest, the few scattered members spread out and eventually died, wiping out their lineage forever. And that should have been the end for Allerleirauh’s story as well, were it not for one final ability gained from Nrvnqsr’s Principle: the power of consumption.

The coat, once a static construction of one-hundred pelts, was now capable of consuming and absorbing other beings, incorporating their flesh and abilities into its repertoire. And when Niko fell in battle while wearing Allerleirauh, the coat consumed his body, and with it his Magic Circuits. The remaining vestiges of Niko’s personality merged with the fragment of Nrvnqsr’s will to grant the Mystic Code a type of crude intelligence, enabling it to escape from the Barthomeloi and hide from their gaze. Over the years, the coat has managed to survive, allowing itself to fall into the hands of those who would use its power for unscrupulous ends, and in turn keep the coat fed on blood and flesh.

Today, the Supreme Mystic Code rests in the hands of a Spellcaster named Ryuuji Shirazumi, brother of the late Rio Shirazumi. A spoiled punk, Ryuuji has renamed the coat Hyakko – Apex of the Animal Kingdom, and seeks to master the coat’s powers. His goal? To avenge his brother, slain and destroyed by Shiki Ryougi. Time will tell whether he proves to be successful, although putting a degraded copy of Nrvnqsr Chaos against a wielder of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception far stronger than Shiki Tohno would seem to have an inevitable outcome. But regardless of the result, Allerleirauh will continue to fight for its only driving goal: survival.

Author's Notes
    Well, I'm not going to lie, this was tremendously stressful. It's really hard to put yourself out there, especially when you feel like you're surrounded by such talent. But everyone has to start somewhere, and I figured it might as well be here! Comments and critiques absolutely appreciated! And apologies for the barebones formatting and lack of pictures; I figured it'd be better to start simple and focus on the content while I'm still figuring out all the tricks of this forum.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, a neat and interesting idea, not bad for your first time creating something. However, also a really familiar idea. A pelt made of the fur of multiple animals that can transform and enhance the user, have you read my twin sisters sheet recently? (Not accusing you of anything, I would actually be honored if you were inspired by one of my ideas).

Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Huh, a neat and interesting idea, not bad for your first time creating something. However, also a really familiar idea. A pelt made of the fur of multiple animals that can transform and enhance the user, have you read my twin sisters sheet recently? (Not accusing you of anything, I would actually be honored if you were inspired by one of my ideas).
    Thanks for the feedback! And I'm not offended at all, don't worry. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember that sheet, so I can definitely say that I didn't have it in mind. That said, I'll be the first to admit that it's not the most original idea on my part. This was mostly about putting myself out there, getting some critiques, and just giving space to an idea that had been percolating in my head since I first saw the theme of this month's contest. Happy to know it turned out well!

Blog Entries
    refreshing. decent start into the revived contest that shows that you can more than just a mage.
    A moment of disbelief is that the coat itself was able to flee the Barthomeloi.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    refreshing. decent start into the revived contest that shows that you can more than just a mage.
    A moment of disbelief is that the coat itself was able to flee the Barthomeloi.
    Thank you! And yeah, fair enough on that one. But if that's the least plausible part of the sheet, I'll take it.

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noe Crivelli

“Prime Species? In my entire life, what has this done for me? Status by proxy uplifts no one. If I’m to become better, worth something, then I must be a unique talent. Independent.”

Birthdate: October 24th
    Height/Weight: ???cm/??kg
    Birthplace: Switzerland

Magical Attributes
    Elemental Attribute: Wind

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: C (???)
    Circuit Quality: B (???)
    Circuit Composition: Segmented

Thaumaturgical Foundation
    Alchemical Assimilation

Background
    Background
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“One day, I’d like to believe I’ll grow into a person worthy of their respect.”

Fragile Heart
    The child who could not bear being worthless. A mediocre magus in terms of their inherent value, the innocent kid struggled to obtain value as a person and earn the respect and interest of others. Born in a time in which their family was stuck within a tumultuous political environment, the need for a head of skill and quality was paramount. The lines of Clocktower politics were being laid down, and in order to claim a position they desired then they must show they were fit for their pride. Kindness or innocence seemed antithetical to their survival.

To compete with the almighty, Noe Crivelli just wouldn’t do. They had not the means or the will, their weakness and innocence was a sign of a dead end. In an evolutionary sense, they felt they were being outcompeted. That of course, after thinking about it for a moment, was an easy fix. After all, they were a head of Zoology, the powers of evolution were in their hands.

In order to be a being of worth, Noe found they could not be themselves, the self that was looked down upon. The weakness was physical potential, life was often unfair that way. Yet it is by assimilating the strength of others that they could become a noble worthy of their station. By the necessity of expectations, they’d covered that fragile heart in a shell of beasts.

Barthomeloi

The Crivelli had found themselves within an age of great political turmoil. As the structure of the Clocktower found its footing, numerous families put all their chips on the table to hold onto their status or claim higher positions. It just so happened, that when ideology and practical concerns came to a head, the Zoology department found themselves in the center of it all.

The Crivelli's position were most at odds with the Bathomeloi who were making sweeping waves through the Clocktower. The center and leading force of the political landscape, it seemed like a losing battle from the start. The Crivelli were one of the early adopters of what would become the Democratic faction, much to their ire. Perhaps though it was Noe’s original lack of talent that put such pressure on the family when it came to upholding their position and philosophy. The way they were born seemed to leave them at the mercy of the Almighty.

Yet perhaps most important of all, the source of animosity, was the ways in which the Zoology department deviated from the human path. The essence of their philosophy was inherently the source of ire they received. It was the Barthomeloi’s dignity as humans that wished for them to correct the direction of the department. It would both give them a reliable puppet, express their power as the almighty, and coherently merge the Clocktower into an image suitable for their needs. Compared to other departments they were a prime target.

The rejection of their humanity to such an extent was the seed which birthed such strong opposition that their outing would be desirable. Yet that pressure only made them dig deeper into those means of survival.

“We’re not all Almighty Barthomeloi. We can’t all survive by noble means.”

They were not people to die with pride or dignity. They respected ones path for survival as long as it worked. The approach of the Bathomeloi was one they could only uphold for they were already powerful. That is why Noe sought to be strong in their own way and maybe their life could bring out but a modicum of respect from the ones who seemed to despise them the most.

Shifting Self

Noe was not a genius but a creation. Not merely a hard worker but an accumulation of effort laid out before them. They could only revolutionize their craft through a willingness to take their established possibilities to their most logical end points. Developments that were not solely carried by their will, but the alterations they allowed their body to take.

They forsake the human form for the inhuman, and in turns these augmentations allowed them to only push themselves further than anyone else could. Their physical form changed and their mentality changed in turn as they adopted these powerful parts and threw themselves into their work. Innocent shyness became a cold, calculating derangement. They were able to be someone who could make the complex, harsh decisions of politics, but began to lose touch with the reasonable thought processes of man.

They were someone who was desperate and felt themselves grow estranged from the common sense of man as the instincts of things truly foreign took root in them. Their efficiency and strengths made them a magus actually worth looking at, but most times out of fear. Many saw their rapid assimilation a mark of a mystery worthy of awe, but also as a threat to their craft.

Noe only took to such fears with a suddenly cold, self interested approach. A self interest that seemed to be losing touch with the department, the family, the craft, and the life of a magus. They lived only for the individual. They had the aspirations of man, and the instincts of a monster that had grown beyond anyone's control.

Monster Amongst Men

In the end it was their aspirations that felled them. By trying to subvert their fate by rising above, they created the reason for them to plummet. They had, to the Barthomeloi, become an affront to their pride and humanity in everyway. A monster who had forsaken human prominence for the undignified strength of beasts. One that was proving themselves a threat to those around them like the vampires they so despised.

These boiling tensions would burst in one casual miscalculation. In pursuit of their own growth in battle against the Barthomeloi, they had assimilated another magus. It was not murder, an assassination could be overlooked, it wasn’t that uncommon an event in the magus landscape. No, the Magus had never died. They had become something else, and in turn their secrets had been claimed in a swift motion.

In the world of magi, death was a forgivable offense. Theft though, and one that seemed so easy, was a far more concerning crime. To Noe, such an action had become a logical conclusion of their own self preservation in the moment, but this transformation was what spelled their downfall.

They had most certainly proved their worth as an individual strength, but in their folly they lacked the political chips to have any sway with anyone. They were too estranged from man to connect to even the cold heart of a magus. They were something else. Thus, when the Grand Roll voted for the exile, there was no one to stand at their side.

Exile

All the pure power in the world could not save them from the connections of social forces. Regardless of how much they wished to stay, the only option was to depart. There was no longer a place for them in the Clocktower, but at this point, there was no place for them in the world of regular society either. A monster with instincts like theirs was difficult to hide, and tough to execute.

Thus they were exiled. Exiled to a place where they surely wouldn’t have to worry about them for a long time. The Grand Roll already takes place in a perfect location, a pit of monsters 80 km down. So when the meeting was over, they were left down there, to live amongst the beasts.

To this day, rumors say the monster they abandoned down there is still climbing their way out of that Hell…..

Abilities

Abilities
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “I’m finally powerful. Finally a life worthy of awe. Is this not what they wanted? Why won’t they give me their accolades?”

Top Predator

The basis of the Zoology department is to transform oneself and evolve. To garner the strengths humans lack and extend one’s abilities into the realms of other organisms in order to become a more sturdy form of life. By refining our essence with strengths inherent to life, we grow and overcome the limitations of our puny existence.

Noe thus brings this desired evolution towards its most extreme but fundamentally basic conclusion. Through mysteries big and small, indulging all the fruits of life, The end goal of Noe’s pursuit is to become an
    Ultimate One
    Independent Lifeform
    , who no longer needs the cradle and nurture of the planet to prosper.

It is their wish to become a transcendental organism, operating under the philosophy that through the use of creatures of wisdom, the universe can unwound and overcome itself. Limitations of life, the limits of reality and the common sense of man, the things forged under these absolute laws hold the potential to subvert itself through constant advancement and the application of knowledge. And thus a creature of sufficient evolution would be able gather the strength to become independent of these concepts. In turn, such a life form could more easily derive a path to the
    「 」. The perfect lifeform.

Thus, Noe has become a supreme organism. An existence who currently sits at the top of the food chain in the environment it inhabits.

Colony Organism

There is a limit to how much change a regular body can endure and preserve. Oftentimes, when adapting one’s self to a mystery, the end results are diminished from the original specimen. The significantly slowed progress of research and made the Crivelli craft a gluttonous one which consumed many a powerful mystery to produce one of equal quality. In the age of decline such waste was particularly heretical, a shame and stain on their pride as a magi.

The solution was instead to integrate them in a far reaching construct which preserved the target's mystery in full and then have the magus integrate themselves into the main terminal of that system. It was such ideas that led to the creation of a
    Ouroborus System
    Phantasmal Colony Organism
    , a creature of fantasy modeled after living animals such as the Marrus orthocanna. It is not truly a single creature but a hive mind of many operating as one cohesive unit.

Of course, the assimilated organisms undergo certain changes and decay to reduce autonomy, but these losses are far more minimal and thus acceptable collateral. The ideal fate would be to reduce the assimilated into a full organism, rendering their relationship to the magus like that of an individual cell. However such progress is a far way off, if it’s even possible with Noe’s methods.

This Colony Organism was dubbed the Ouroborus System, and serves as the culmination of their families research and evolution. It makes use of a variety of phantasmal species that still linger in the world both big and small, as well as a variety of mundane organisms. It is for this reason that Noe is considered a danger to Magi, for human beings are a viable target for assimilation, transforming Magi into an extension of the organism.

Assimilation

The base foundation of the Crivelli family is the process of assimilation through alchemy. Just as the body converts food into mass, the mind assimilates experience into knowledge, Crivelli hoped to assimilate the essence of
    Akashic Record
    higher order truth
    into soul and
    Magecraft
    self

Within the evolution of the craft the adoption of magical beasts into one’s own physiology was a means to an end. An enhancement that could bear the fruits of their labor better than regular flesh. Material was originally grafted through alchemical transmutation so that one’s body could be better attuned towards enlightenment. These attached features could then be assimilated to garner the desired traits of the creature.

Thus the presence of the Crivelli as a foundational member of Zoology began as a means to an end but came to dominate their approach. Many paths were debated and tried concerning these developments, but there was one factor that remained constant in their path.

Carriers.

A pathogen that passed their mysteries on by blood, they were also the carriers of their Truths garnered along the alchemical path. A reliable storage that prevented these developments from being lost over generations.

The carriers themselves thus carry the primary function of assimilation from the start. They were modified to inherently store and collect data and notable mysteries that a magus comes into contact with during their life so that accumulated experience can be ingrained into the next generation. In turn they could also be adapted to carry absorbed traits from grafts to the next generation, resulting in a new variation.

Trait Holder
    Gene Carrier

A means by which
    DNA
    blueprints
    are derived from phantasmals and passed down the family by blood. The traits of grafts that end up assimilated transform into natural expression when these advancements are passed onto the next generation. They thus proved exceptional to the Zoology department for these pathogens couldn’t just hold information but biological materials.

While not inherently holding a truly spectacular mystery like the God Holders, this function has still been recognized as both impressive and threatening to the Magi of the Clocktower. It was something that had garnered them notable status.

It was Noe however who then took the pathogen's modified capabilities to their extremes. Entire phantasmals and organisms and now be broken down and stored as a blueprint within Ouroborus. This data however is mainly used as a frame of reference to preserve the mystery and their identity in a pure form, as a captive entity is twisted physically to fill a desired role. This leads into what both Noe’s body and the Ouroborus System is actually constructed from.

Mold

To make yourself one with another organism while preserving their life is an arduous task. It was problem tackled through many hard hours, but a method was cultivated. The Carriers have thus been granted a mold vessel, which they inhabit like a polyp in coral, that have taken over Noes body and can spread to other forms of life. It was main means by which the Crivelli family originally researched their Carriers and in turn, allowed Noe to use it as a foundation for a life form that their own body would be compatible with.

The “Mold” is a mystical blight which deforms and reshapes a body into a more manageable shape. While such deformation can be fatal, by hooking them up to the Ouroboros system, the continuation of consciousness and identity is preserved. The flesh is not erased but reshaped as individual parts of the body are preserved in Carrier clumps as
    genes
    data
    , condensed and remolded like clay so they can form the shape and function the magus desires. These mass of Gene Carriers thus form a complete blueprint of a still living organism to preserve their functions even when entrapped in a different form.

At any time then this blueprint can be used to reconstruct them as if they were never afflicted, any mental changes from the experience notwithstanding.

The mold itself is a mystery which could not be created in the modern era. It a mystery with roots heavily in an understanding of the world that would overturned by modern theories of evolution and the origins of life. They operated on the belief of spontaneous generation in which life could originate from inanimate material, and thus could be transmuted by alchemy, and assimilated. They also followed theories that life was derived from the Aperirion, from which the roots of their generation could be traced back to and they might garner the truth of their origin.

Their understanding of the mysteries of life and its operation is what allowed for preserved forms and traits to be passed down cleanly through generations and be transmuted into new matter without the full destruction of the entity. It was made Noe so unique as a lifeform as they continue to operate on a basis for the world which no longer exists. Meanwhile, their descendants who still carry the Trait Carriers, have dwindled into a mediocre line as the world of the present leaves their ways of life in the dust.

Ouroboros

The supreme life form, built with the traits of numerous existences, it is a sturdy existence fit to at least withstand most mysteries born of the modern era. Having garnered the essences and strengths of numerous phantasmals into its mass it is capable of a vast number of abilities that it has borrowed from assimilated blueprints. Beyond survival it continues to try and enhance its own capabilities and cut its weakness to be durable enough to survive without the protection of the planet.

For this reason it is an active predator, searching for stronger and stronger mysteries to assimilate and bring itself closer to its desired goal. Now exiled from the Clocktower, the existence of this beast is merely another rumor. Another tale of a monster that hunts and does great battles with what few mysteries remain on the surface. A lonely existence that merely survives, independent in at least one way.

Core

The Ouroboros System is an organism which is difficult to kill. While every part of itself is valuable as an indispensable mystery, destruction of any specific body part could not actually be considered fatal. It is a beast with a sturdy hide and powerful survivability which has been able to overcome the mundane threats to life. Yet for any foolishly opportunistic combatant, one weak point does remain.

The core, heart and brain of the Ouroboros is ultimately Noe themselves. While killing them is the ultimate goal, in their pursuit of survival, they have augmented themselves more than enough to be difficult to stamp out. An immortal entity which clings to life by any means necessary. The eternity of the cores energy expenditure and functions are specialized for pursuing this goal, instead wasting the energy of the Ouroboros for mundane tasks that are outside this domain. Removal and destruction of the core is the prime avenue of defeat, it won’t falter otherwise.

Throughout the years, they have assimilated numerous traits and wealth of knowledge, their body having been thoroughly transformed to the point they really only represent humanity in shape. Taking inspiration from regular Colony Organisms, their body has implemented a number of their strategies on a smaller scale, most of their body made of the coral-like substance which holds the carriers and makes up the mold. When not expressing an absorbed trait or being used to perform magecraft, the carriers are used to adsorb greater amounts of magical energy from the air.

?????

“Men take pride in their intellect over beasts. Even if weak or fragile, we have the reason of higher thought to ascend and advance past our overwhelming enemies. So what does one do when a foe has advanced past you in both domains.”

All that lingered was a hollow outline. A fragment of person stained upon the earth recognizable only as human in shape. It clung to life with all the strength to live, and the ire to persist. The struggle for survival brewing a bloody pool at its feet, insistent to claim its right to life.

It had proved itself sturdy. Imposing. Awe inspiring. A monster to damn a battalion of magi and more to a rest 6 feet below the ground. It had surely proved its worth to those of the observatory. They had sought to preserve it above all else. It is perhaps one of the most fearsome and hardy of beasts the association had encountered in a long time. The most frightful of enemies that numerous lives and mysteries had thrown against to subdue.

Yet it still stood.

Just them and you.

It could barely move, waiting much like yourself, calculating thoughts you surely couldn’t predict.

You thought, for a moment, that they looked like a beautiful flower. A colorful stem rising out a sea of carnage, like a weed carving its way through stone. Majesty found in the melancholic isolation and unbearable loneliness.

A gloomy mockery of human life, surely malformed to this point by something so childishly human.

A lonely husk which could only question if Independence as a life form was ever something a human could genuinely want.

Quote Originally Posted by GilgameshKingOfMemes View Post
    Noe Crivelli
    Creepy, elaborate, and wonderfully atmospheric! Awesome work!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Whats doing the Gorila do here ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Whats doing the Gorila do here ?
    What better question is what is the Gorilla not doing here?
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout