Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Honkai: Star Rail

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    set 1: max HP% (2p), when user is attacked or consume health, raise crit rate for some turns and it stacks (4p). (Destruction set it seems, Blade and Clara compatible)
    set 2: spd (2p), gain spd when using ult.

SU set 1: crit rate. when crit rate reaches a threshold, raise dmg from basic atk and skills.
    SU set 2: effect resistance. when effect resistance reaches a threshold, raise atk.

- - - Updated - - -

You should get a fixed number of claims daily (i.e they give you 3 doubles daily in Genshin). So it wouldn't be too bad.
    I wanna use the coins for them so I can do other things with my stamina.

EDIT: Wow, those sets are specific. Set 2 feels like it's just hyper-acceleration for non-specific stat supports like Yukong? Or maybe we'll get a character that'll have a scaling with Speed.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 28th, 2023 at 01:21 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    Looking at the very early leaked kits of some chars. Hanya matches the criteria for set 2. She is Harmony and her ult buff your team SPD base on her max SPD, and ATK base on her ATK. Tho it will also depends on the order of the buffs taking effect. And all are STC.

Another char maybe can abuse it is the Fire char (Hunt) whose main form of dmg is through coordinate attack between her and her summon, so if majority of damage comes from her summon, you would want high speed on her so she can continue to attack I guess. But yeah so far there is no need for some insanely high SPD at all.

The crit set looks like it can work for the 5* Dan Heng and Blade (who should be coming out in 1.2), both focus on doing enhanced normal attacks and ults.

Effect resist set is pretty good for Clara and Blade (also healers cuz I had times when Bailu get frozen solid and lost) since they don't want to get stun locked. And maybe can work for Jing Yuan if you want some resistance on him to not disable his LL and make him useless.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; May 28th, 2023 at 01:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Time to farm even more lol

The crit set looks like it can work for the 5* Dan Heng and Blade (who should be coming out in 1.2), both focus on doing enhanced normal attacks and ults.
    But the crit rate set only boost Normal Attack and Skill(?) The ideal candidate is someone whose Ult isn't as good for damage as their Skill/Normal Attack. Qingque comes to mind but I think the Quantum set is better for her.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 28th, 2023 at 02:59 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    But the crit rate set only boost Normal Attack and Skill(?) The ideal candidate is someone whose Ult isn't as good for damage as their Skill/Normal Attack.
    That's what Blade and 5* Dan Heng are. Why else would I mention them lol. I literally said why in that same sentence. Read.

Blade skill locks him into only using normal attacks and his ult only serve as an aoe big nuke to then reset his HP loss mechanic. Dan Heng skill is used to boost his normal atk and then his enhanced normal atks consume skill points to use, then his ult is mostly to offset this cost. Both their gameplay focus on enhanced normal attack.

That's what Blade and 5* Dan Heng are. Why else would I mention them lol. I literally said why in that same sentence. Read.

Blade skill locks him into only using normal attacks and his ult only serve as an aoe big nuke to then reset his HP loss mechanic. Dan Heng skill is used to boost his normal atk and then his enhanced normal atks consume skill points to use, then his ult is mostly to offset this cost. Both their gameplay focus on enhanced normal attack.
    I mean, you mentioned enhanced normal and (the one that caught me finding the entire post weird) ults.

I didn't know that Dan Heng does more damage with his regular attack if they're slowed with his Ascension 6 Trace but he's definitely not prioritizing it over his Skill which definitely does more damage and gives him more chances to re-apply Slow. Maybe if the enemy doesn't have any Effect Res or Debuff Res but from what I heard, lvl 80+ bosses and elites all have pretty high values. Not to mention, with how the formula works, you'd need a lot of Effect Hit Rate to compensate.

EDIT: I just realised that you mentioned specifically 5* Dan Heng. Me dum. I didn't know their kits at all.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 28th, 2023 at 04:24 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    I didn't know their kits at all.
    Okay. I will refer to existing chars then. I was under the impression that you would prefer to plan ahead. If you're not rolling for those 2 then the set loses some values for sure.

MHY's way of designing gears fall into one of these:

1) Gears that accompany the set of characters coming in that patch. Generally will be their BiS sets and you should farm them if you plan to get the chars.

2) Gears that will improve older certain existing characters. Generally will become their BiS sets due to existing sets not fitting them.

3) Gears that is pre-released to accompany some characters that will show up in the future. Generally very niche or does not fit into most of existing chars and you really need to wait a few patches for the chars who will use those sets to be released.

So far the patch when these relics are released (if the timing is not changed) right after Blade and during 5* Dan Heng release patch. So they should be the ones to use them the best. And sadly out of the existing chars only Clara can make the most out of the HP set, and she would love the effect resistance too. Arlan can maybe use the HP set but it will depends on how better it is compare to the existing Lightning set (usually when MHY design new sets that older chars can use, it is not going to completely make the old set obsolete, but more of around 5%-10% improvement).

Okay. I will refer to existing chars then. I was under the impression that you would prefer to plan ahead. If you're not rolling for those 2 then the set loses some values for sure.

MHY's way of designing gears fall into one of these:

1) Gears that accompany the set of characters coming in that patch. Generally will be their BiS sets and you should farm them if you plan to get the chars.

2) Gears that will improve older certain existing characters. Generally will become their BiS sets due to existing sets not fitting them.

3) Gears that is pre-released to accompany some characters that will show up in the future. Generally very niche or does not fit into most of existing chars and you really need to wait a few patches for the chars who will use those sets to be released.

So far the patch when these relics are released (if the timing is not changed) right after Blade and during 5* Dan Heng release patch. So they should be the ones to use them the best. And sadly out of the existing chars only Clara can make the most out of the HP set, and she would love the effect resistance too. Arlan can maybe use the HP set but it will depends on how better it is compare to the existing Lightning set (usually when MHY design new sets that older chars can use, it is not going to completely make the old set obsolete, but more of around 5%-10% improvement).
    Gotcha. Personally, I think Clara would benefit more from the Silvermane Guard set since 8% damage reduction and heal + energy recharge under 50% HP would fit her kit more. Especially when paired with March 7th and Day One (that makes it 8 + 12%(at max) damage reduction, which is a lot of damage being reduced). Though, I guess either works. One offers more survivability via higher eHP while the other offers higher damage via higher chance of critting. It all depends on how much %HP and Crit Rate it carries, I guess.

EDIT: Also, I'd rather not refer to leaked info too much as things can change or the results may differ from expectations. Also also, hopefully 5* Dan Heng isn't gonna be called 5* Dan Heng but something else like Naked Heng or Solid Heng. Imagine having to remember and differentiate between 4* Dan Heng, 5* Dan Heng and also 5* Dan Heng (and more). Assuming they'll be releasing more variants of an existing character in gacha pool.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 28th, 2023 at 07:02 AM.

JP Friend Code
    He does have a title but it is related to his story and lore so that's going into big spoilers and I prefer to not call him by that just in case. We knew he exists from the game's opening trailer (only see his back) tho.

Ah, I see. Though, if it's just a title, I think people are still gonna call them 4* and 5* Dan Heng respectively. Unless the title is easier to roll off the tongue.

Blog Entries
    Or Dragon Heng for the looks

JP Friend Code

A pretty fair take on the 1.1-1.2 5 stars units for those who care a bit more than waifu/husbando value.

Blog Entries
    I think it is better to see how a character is when they are out then believing in data mine and then present the best case scenario. I've seen players going nuts for missing Seele as they believed in the 'leakers' and then realize that he isn't as good as they claim to be, and Seele is much more easy to use.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think it is better to see how a character is when they are out then believing in data mine and then present the best case scenario.
    ??? SW, Kafka, Luocha we literally had trial plays with them ingame. We already knew what all 3 of them do, even if you ignore the trial versions' scaling numbers. We saw SW debuffs enemies and add weakness, Kafka focuses on breaking shields to deal DoTs in the tutorial, Luocha is a healer who can remove debuffs on team and debuffs on enemies (we saw him remove buffs and debuffs in Dan Heng quest session). We even get SW and Luocha kits description coming from the official livestreams. The only character we didn't know about outside of leaks is Blade, and even still, he doesn't look like someone that will powercreep Seele just by looking at his class alone. This is perfectly fair game.

I've seen players going nuts for missing Seele as they believed in the 'leakers' and then realize that he isn't as good as they claim to be, and Seele is much more easy to use.
    Like I said before, they only have themselves to blame. MHY did not change anything to how he played from beta to release, like all characters. He still had the backload dmg onto LL, he still cannot do dmg when he is CCed. His problems are not in his numbers, but in how backloading design made him a lot more reliant on supports and investment.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the evaluation doesn't talk about numbers, but what they can contribute to a player's account. Luocha being healer is good for players who tryhard MoC (needing 2 teams so need 2 healers) and can't wait till they give a 2nd healer. SW is premium debuffer who can enable mono teams. Kafka is DoT staple. Each of the chars have different pull values depends on what you want for your account.

Blog Entries
    ??? SW, Kafka, Luocha we literally had trial plays with them ingame. We already knew what all 3 of them do, even if you ignore the trial versions' scaling numbers. We saw SW debuffs enemies and add weakness, Kafka focuses on breaking shields to deal DoTs in the tutorial, Luocha is a healer who can remove debuffs on team and debuffs on enemies (we saw him remove buffs and debuffs in Dan Heng quest session). We even get SW and Luocha kits description coming from the official livestreams. The only character we didn't know about outside of leaks is Blade, and even still, he doesn't look like someone that will powercreep Seele just by looking at his class alone. This is perfectly fair game.

Like I said before, they only have themselves to blame. MHY did not change anything to how he played from beta to release, like all characters. He still had the backload dmg onto LL, he still cannot do dmg when he is CCed. His problems are not in his numbers, but in how backloading design made him a lot more reliant on supports and investment.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the evaluation doesn't talk about numbers, but what they can contribute to a player's account. Luocha being healer is good for players who tryhard MoC (needing 2 teams so need 2 healers) and can't wait till they give a 2nd healer. SW is premium debuffer who can enable mono teams. Kafka is DoT staple. Each of the chars have different pull values depends on what you want for your account.
    True, at least we have something to look forward to now. Before that happens, we are stuck with farming for relics.

Blog Entries
    In the end I didn't get even a single Tingyun
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Sounds like me with Pela last banner, I got like E10 Natasha there, which is very good cuz she now heals stronger than my Bailu, but yeah Pela was nowhere to be seen.

Jing Yuan banner for me is, all considered, pretty successful. I got him very early, got M7 to E4, Sushang to E5, Tingyun to E2. Now I'll see which 5 star I'll get on SW banner tmr.

Blog Entries
    I thought Asta's ult was pretty underwhelming until I figured out that most of the SU relic set bonus relies on Speed.

JP Friend Code
    It is still more reliable to get perma SPD from relics tho, since you don't need that many substats on your pieces to reach the required number (especially if your char has high base, or you just give them a SPD boots which is quite a common build choice), so Asta is valuable early game when you cannot easily reach high SPD from relics for the most part, but fall off later and her main usage would mostly be to push your action values forward at the beginning of a wave.

Blog Entries
    Idle thought but I wonder how much is the extend that the writing and lore in Star Rail (and other sci-fi-themed Chinese games in general; PGR, Arknights, etc) is influenced or inspired by Liu Cixin (Three Body Problem, Wandering Earth) and the renaissance of Science Fiction as a genre in China.