Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Honkai: Star Rail

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Idle thought but I wonder how much is the extend that the writing and lore in Star Rail (and other sci-fi-themed Chinese games in general; PGR, Arknights, etc) is influenced or inspired by Liu Cixin (Three Body Problem, Wandering Earth) and the renaissance of Science Fiction as a genre in China.
    I'm not sure about AK and PGR, but MHY writers in particular are much more influenced by JP scifi works, since they are all real otakus. The whole company started literally also because of Evangelion and Honkai series had major influences from it. They are TM fans as well as other popular manga/anime series.

Certain writers in their team LOVE philosophy and non-Chinese stuffs. They have references to things like Greek philosophy, the Mahabharata (Bianka Durandal), Shakespeare stuffs, Tagore quotes, Muslim ideology (the main villain plan in HI3rd) and even turned the writer Franz Kafka into a waifu (HSR ver is a bit different from that one tho).

They also are fans of JRPGs and games in general (God of War, The Witcher and BoTW to make Genshin systems for example).

So while I can see Liu Cixin having some influences, I'd say it's barely anything compare to the other things.

Blog Entries
    I actually like Liu Cixin's works, especially I find the concept of Wandering Earth really romantic.

The real problem I have with Star Rail so far is that it is following the format of Star Ocean. Other than that, I hope MHY doesn't fall into the error Arknights still has occasionally, which is quoting from lots of philosophy books and use them as plot, or speaking in riddles that no one has any idea what they are trying to say.

JP Friend Code
    Won 50/50 on Silver Wolf. Now I can continue saving till Kafka. Might try to snipe a few Yukong on the next banner cuz pity reset, but will stop when it reaches high count.

JP Friend Code
    Enemies above level 50 now get 10% less effect resistance. This is crazy good for debuff and dot characters (Nihility chars and several other chars with Dot in the kits) since it allows them to build significantly less Effect Hit Rate. Good change MHY.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow they finally included the character biography in the character selection menu, not just in the wikipedia
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Enemies above level 50 now get 10% less effect resistance. This is crazy good for debuff and dot characters (Nihility chars and several other chars with Dot in the kits) since it allows them to build significantly less Effect Hit Rate. Good change MHY.
    Cool, Uncle Yang will have fun with this new change

Blog Entries
    This Herta simp Leonard dude is literally me

JP Friend Code
    Repeatedly choose to say Herta is beautiful while talking about the portrait for maximum immersion.

Blog Entries
    Silver Wolf is cute, or should I say the Bronya clones all look cute. While she lacks in the chest department, she makes in up for her lower body lol

Nothing much to say about her playability though since I'm dry.

Playing throught the new update and did Jing Yuan got some of his numbers modified? I swear he's dealing much more damage now than before

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Silver Wolf is cute, or should I say the Bronya clones all look cute. While she lacks in the chest department, she makes in up for her lower body lol

Nothing much to say about her playability though since I'm dry.
    She is really fun to use in the overworld since her field skill will damage all shields regardless of element, it can trigger things like Himeko follow up instantly after entering fights if it breaks the smaller mobs shields.

And the new event focusing on her is also pretty cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Playing throught the new update and did Jing Yuan got some of his numbers modified? I swear he's dealing much more damage now than before
    Which lightcone do you use on him? Because if you are using Himeko's 5 star cone they fixed a bug where the bonus atk of that cone did not apply correctly. They also stealth fix some other bugs regarding follow up attacks (as well as descriptions in Vietnamese ver) so maybe that affected his performance.

Which lightcone do you use on him? Because if you are using Himeko's 5 star cone they fixed a bug where the bonus atk of that cone did not apply correctly. They also stealth fix some other bugs regarding follow up attacks (as well as descriptions in Vietnamese ver) so maybe that affected his performance.
    Serval's, which I have with one superimpose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    This Herta simp Leonard dude is literally me
    He's really funny, I'm loving the guy so far
    And that among us reference LOL

JP Friend Code
    Hmm then I have no idea. Might be one of the bug fixes.

Speaking of Herta I just got her E6 from standard. I have way too many Erudition chars.

Hmm then I have no idea. Might be one of the bug fixes.
    Maybe, anyway I'm no complaining
    Speaking of Herta I just got her E6 from standard. I have way too many Erudition chars.
    There's no such thing as too many Erudition chars (LOL)

Blog Entries
    So did you guys managed to get Silver Wolf?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, and now I'm eyeing my Kafka budget cuz I probably can't roll for her signature LC.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Got random Clara spook, which is still pretty good all things considered. Would still roll for the 4* Eidolons, but even if I don't get Silver Wolf, at least my pity is on for Kafka.

On an unrelated note, a console version of this game can't come fast enough. My old laptop could run 1.0. well enough on the lowest settings, but ever since the update, it lagged/crashed a lot more often.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 8th, 2023 at 02:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it ran worse on my phone too since the update. Seems like they're adding polish to the overall UI and graphic, but it's not yet fully optimized.

JP Friend Code
    So far I didn't notice changes (playing on phone), might be a graphic setting things since they default your graphic to a fixed normal mode for all devices to solved some issues, which might affect some devices. Try switching it around to adaptive, or manual.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    On an unrelated note, a console version of this game can't come fast enough. My old laptop could run 1.0. well enough on the lowest settings, but ever since the update, it lagged/crashed a lot more often.
    Some rumors said they almost finished the PS4 and PS5 version, it is currently in testing right now. So shouldn't wait long unlike the mythical Genshin Switch that never went off the planning stage.

A console release would potentially boost the game's revenue to absurdity since it is currently growing even faster than Genshin.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    So did you guys managed to get Silver Wolf?
    Won the 50-50. Will save for Kafka. And the leaked Jingliu model looking really waifu so must get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    There's no such thing as too many Erudition chars (LOL)
    I literally have every single one of them now lol.

So far I didn't notice changes (playing on phone), might be a graphic setting things since they default your graphic to a fixed normal mode for all devices to solved some issues, which might affect some devices. Try switching it around to adaptive, or manual.
    I haven't notice changes in the performance either (also phone player) but I did noticed graphic effects changes and the like. For example, when Qingque rolls four fish tiles her skill button shines purple, when Himeko launches Victory Road there's a new sound effect added, when we win a battle a star or something pops off before the victory title, and so on and on.
    I may be mistaken some of them for new stuff, but I think the problem some may have is because they added new effects and such to the graphics.