Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Illya Castle

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guess I have my farming setup for this round.

Gilgamesh (Caster) and Mashu can replace Helena and Shakespeare, respectively. Not sure if Xu Fu works well enough or not for Helena/Gilgamesh (Caster), haven't looked at it.

Also, this setup might not work if your Chen Gong has too much Attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Ask lol
    US Friend Code
    Not as Active, Ask!
    FFS, fuck these forced supports. Just let me use my servants!
    Last edited by ALM; May 29th, 2023 at 10:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I really want to like these new quirky quests but not being able to use my own units ruins the whole thing
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Ask lol
    US Friend Code
    Not as Active, Ask!
    The quest with the 10 waves was actually pretty neat, but that last fight was some BS.

Isn't the 10 wave one the latest one?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALM View Post
    The quest with the 10 waves was actually pretty neat, but that last fight was some BS.
    I stacked Buster crit damage on Morgan and removed Chiron's Buster and NP resistance. Next thing I knew support Illya shot him to death with Quintet Feuer. In retrospect, focusing Arts instead on Astraea or something probably would've been better, especially since I held off on Morgan's 3rd skill in case her CE guts got popped.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Yeah, I really want to like these new quirky quests but not being able to use my own units ruins the whole thing
    Cause you'd steamroll them anyways. I just used MLB Damage CE and Koji and steamrolled every one of them without thinking much about the gimmick. Imagine if you had all 6 open. Might as well not even call it a gimmick quest at that point and call it a free ticket quest.

And no "but they could just make it harder" convo. We know the "make it harder" means that a different set of people have to take some time to do it and then complain about "it taking more time when they can spend it farming lotto boxes". You know they exist.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 30th, 2023 at 06:46 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why do they keep making 90++s for Arcueid? It's obscene how many of them I've done with her at this point.

Technically, you could've done it without her and used an AoE Berserker instead. But hey, if it works.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I honestly forgot this thread existed LOL. Guide for the CQ:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Finale! Fuu'un Karakuri Illya Castle!

The commentators are hyped as we have now reached the final stages of the competition. Taigong Wang congratulates you for making it so far. And now, what remains is but the castle...

When you arrive, you find the castle enveloped in mist. Danzou uses her sensors to see through it. She detects a big hostile reading. Something is coming! Through the mist, you hear Sitonai reprimand you for calling her an enemy. But maybe that's true? She never said that getting to the castle was the finish line, after all. Time to give you all a special welcome!

From out of the mist, a strange motor sounds can be heard. Is this some kind of new puppet made by Kashin?! Suddenly, you hear a roar. Chloe remarks it sounds just like a Berserker... You order everyone to get ready to intercept the mysterious machine coming out of the mist...

--- [Battle against <Karakuri BerserCAR> + <Other Karakuri>] ---

With the defeat of BerserCAR, the mist fades. Sitonai falls disgracefully into the ground, and BerserCAR turns back into normal Hercules. Sitonai explains that Kashin was the one who helped turn him into that, and even made it so he'd turn back to normal if the car ever broke. You ask if Kashin could do that to you to, to the shock of the Prisma Illya. That's a joke right? Chloe kinda likes the suggestion.

Anyway, Sitonai has to actually give out a reward now. What was it again? Danzou wanted to meet Kashin, right? Sitonai calls out for Kashin to stop hiding. Kashin appears and Danzou seems a bit intimidated. Kashin has the gaze of a machine. Fake eyes, and a fake face. Every breath perfectly regular and demeanor apathetic.

Danzou begins her dialogue with Kashin by introducing herself. Danzou explains how she's broken. Even though she's a Heroic Spirit, her machinery is incomplete and she can't remember much of Kashin. Therefore, if it so happens that she was ever a disappointment for Kashin, then she would like Kashin to scold her. Please, Kashin, grant Danzou your words!

Wordlessly, Kashin walks over to Sitonai and starts whispering in her ear. Sitonai remarks Kashin should say it themselves, but Kashin keeps whispering, to which Sitonai eventually agrees to something. Everyone is confused. Turns out, Kashin wanted Sitonai to hand over a present from them to Danzou. It's some kind of wooden box. Kotarou speculates it has some kind of mechanism inside that Danzou could understand.

The box is locked by this mechanism, and Danzou begins to open it. Inside is a letter, written in a very cursive handwriting. Danzou can read it, even if everyone else is stumped...

"Congratulations on beating all the courses. This is Kashin speaking, and I'm sorry for causing so much trouble for you all. Please forgive me for conveying this via letter. Unfortunately, my voice machinery does not function all too well. If you need more details on that, feel free to ask Sitonai. As such, allow me to convey the contents of my heart through this letter. It's been a long time, Danzou. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Kotarou. And I'm thankful for all you in Chaldea for looking after these two. I'm truly glad I was able to meet you all. Yours truly, Kashin Koji."

Danzou is very happy at hearing Kashin's words, and at that, Kashin's artifical face finally breaks into a smile, before they start speaking. With a low and smattering voice, Kashin congratulates Danzou once again, and explains how happy they were to see them. Their smile is genuine, and full of the kind of warmth one would expect a human, finally.

Sitonai explains that Kashin has replaced most of their body with machinery. They spent so much time not smiling, they eventually couldn't link their emotions with their expressions. Even after becoming a Heroic Spirit, that remained true. Danzou is relieved that Kashin was never mad at her. Anyway, Sitonai hopes they're not too mad at Kashin. They made all these courses so that they could buy some time for Kashin to be able to form a smile. Sitonai's idea, by the way.

Sitonai thinks back to how they met. Kashin said they wanted to greet Danzou and Kotarou with a smile, and Sitonai agreed to help. Sitonai had a grail, even if a small one, and that was probably why Kashin manifested at all. Sitonai thought a bit about it all, before realizing Kashin was super skilled with illusions and machinery. So given that...

So while you were all going through the courses, Kashin worked hard to link their emotions with their expressions until they could form a smile. You all understand how it feels to want something like that, accepting the explanation. But yeah, it's true Sitonai wanted to make everyone have fun too. So, what'd you think? Did you enjoy the festival? Of course! Thought you would die, but it was fun!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I almost forgot to do this.
    Totally slipped my mind somehow that I was doing the story recaps.

By the way, as for my own opinion on this event's story.
    Jesus, this was boring.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Zero lessons learned since Britomart.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They heard you wanted less story.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    The commentators are hyped as we have now reached the final stages of the competition. Taigong Wang congratulates you for making it so far. And now, what remains is but the castle...

When you arrive, you find the castle enveloped in mist. Danzou uses her sensors to see through it. She detects a big hostile reading. Something is coming! Through the mist, you hear Sitonai reprimand you for calling her an enemy. But maybe that's true? She never said that getting to the castle was the finish line, after all. Time to give you all a special welcome!

From out of the mist, a strange motor sounds can be heard. Is this some kind of new puppet made by Kashin?! Suddenly, you hear a roar. Chloe remarks it sounds just like a Berserker... You order everyone to get ready to intercept the mysterious machine coming out of the mist...

--- [Battle against <Karakuri BerserCAR> + <Other Karakuri>] ---

With the defeat of BerserCAR, the mist fades. Sitonai falls disgracefully into the ground, and BerserCAR turns back into normal Hercules. Sitonai explains that Kashin was the one who helped turn him into that, and even made it so he'd turn back to normal if the car ever broke. You ask if Kashin could do that to you to, to the shock of the Prisma Illya. That's a joke right? Chloe kinda likes the suggestion.

Anyway, Sitonai has to actually give out a reward now. What was it again? Danzou wanted to meet Kashin, right? Sitonai calls out for Kashin to stop hiding. Kashin appears and Danzou seems a bit intimidated. Kashin has the gaze of a machine. Fake eyes, and a fake face. Every breath perfectly regular and demeanor apathetic.

Danzou begins her dialogue with Kashin by introducing herself. Danzou explains how she's broken. Even though she's a Heroic Spirit, her machinery is incomplete and she can't remember much of Kashin. Therefore, if it so happens that she was ever a disappointment for Kashin, then she would like Kashin to scold her. Please, Kashin, grant Danzou your words!

Wordlessly, Kashin walks over to Sitonai and starts whispering in her ear. Sitonai remarks Kashin should say it themselves, but Kashin keeps whispering, to which Sitonai eventually agrees to something. Everyone is confused. Turns out, Kashin wanted Sitonai to hand over a present from them to Danzou. It's some kind of wooden box. Kotarou speculates it has some kind of mechanism inside that Danzou could understand.

The box is locked by this mechanism, and Danzou begins to open it. Inside is a letter, written in a very cursive handwriting. Danzou can read it, even if everyone else is stumped...

"Congratulations on beating all the courses. This is Kashin speaking, and I'm sorry for causing so much trouble for you all. Please forgive me for conveying this via letter. Unfortunately, my voice machinery does not function all too well. If you need more details on that, feel free to ask Sitonai. As such, allow me to convey the contents of my heart through this letter. It's been a long time, Danzou. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Kotarou. And I'm thankful for all you in Chaldea for looking after these two. I'm truly glad I was able to meet you all. Yours truly, Kashin Koji."

Danzou is very happy at hearing Kashin's words, and at that, Kashin's artifical face finally breaks into a smile, before they start speaking. With a low and smattering voice, Kashin congratulates Danzou once again, and explains how happy they were to see them. Their smile is genuine, and full of the kind of warmth one would expect a human, finally.

Sitonai explains that Kashin has replaced most of their body with machinery. They spent so much time not smiling, they eventually couldn't link their emotions with their expressions. Even after becoming a Heroic Spirit, that remained true. Danzou is relieved that Kashin was never mad at her. Anyway, Sitonai hopes they're not too mad at Kashin. They made all these courses so that they could buy some time for Kashin to be able to form a smile. Sitonai's idea, by the way.

Sitonai thinks back to how they met. Kashin said they wanted to greet Danzou and Kotarou with a smile, and Sitonai agreed to help. Sitonai had a grail, even if a small one, and that was probably why Kashin manifested at all. Sitonai thought a bit about it all, before realizing Kashin was super skilled with illusions and machinery. So given that...

So while you were all going through the courses, Kashin worked hard to link their emotions with their expressions until they could form a smile. You all understand how it feels to want something like that, accepting the explanation. But yeah, it's true Sitonai wanted to make everyone have fun too. So, what'd you think? Did you enjoy the festival? Of course! Thought you would die, but it was fun!
    That's.

That's it?

Nothing about the stories related to Kashin Koji speaking with the Sengoku Daimyos? They really just dropped an OC and somehow managed to dodge their actual relevant history, fictional or otherwise? Literally going to do nothing with how Kashin Koji may or may not have existed like they love to do now....?

Damn.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You actually expected that?
    canon finish apo vol 3

I've been learning for a long time now to not expect much with FGO but it somehow managed to go above and beyond each and every time to lower it's own standard just so people get excited for what used to be the bare minimum.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arcade event has been the only worthwhile one for like... 8+ months or something. F/GO truly delivering hard in 2023

US Friend Code
    It is lame but this is a fest event isn't it? They always have short lame stories.

Tesla Fest gave me proto copium, and for that I will cherish it forevermore.