Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 6: Avalon le Fae: The Moment a Star is Born

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I don't think there's much to talk about since the plot points have already been discussed plenty in JP thread.

Avalon spoilers
    Except maybe the bosses, since they're the highlights of the gameplay, especially a certain cursed fluffy god, which I'm eager to know how NA players will beat him.
    Avalon spoilers

The only plot points worth mentioning (unless you really, really, really want me to have one of my moods again) are that fairies are assholes, Beryl's existence is wholly without merit, and that it's a small miracle that the British Lostbelt didn't implode sooner. Oh, and that Morgan needs to learn that it's unhealthy to love something that actively wants to destroy you.
    Gameplay-wise, I think I'll just have to trust in Yuyu and XX to pull through and hope for the best. Failing that, they didn't give us all those spiritvein stones for nothing.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 6th, 2023 at 03:13 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Use spoilers

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My bad.

But to be sure,

Spoiler:
    Are Yang Guifei and XX actually good choices for the bosses? I figure that as Foreigners fighting Berserker bosses who mostly have Threat to Humanity traits (and also Oberon), they'd be good picks but I'm not completely certain and would like to know ahead of time before I get stomped.

I don't think there's much to talk about since the plot points have already been discussed plenty in JP thread.
    I'm just here cause I wanna know how the TL is, since the title does not instill confidence from the get-go.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    That's one way to localize it. I don't dislike it though... just... interesting
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    My bad.

But to be sure,

Spoiler:
    Are Yang Guifei and XX actually good choices for the bosses? I figure that as Foreigners fighting Berserker bosses who mostly have Threat to Humanity traits (and also Oberon), they'd be good picks but I'm not completely certain and would like to know ahead of time before I get stomped.
    Spoiler:
    You're better off using Servants with Debuff Cleanse/Immunity. What makes fluffy god especially hard is due to a special debuff that drains your HP with each stack you have per turn. This is different from regular DoT like Poison, Burn, etc. so you must cleanse them constantly before it stacks too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Spoiler:

Interesting choice indeed. It somewhat makes sense since:

Spoiler:
    Morgan took the name due to the influence of Odin/Caster Cu during their journey together. Though I'm too used with Tonelico to call her previous self that.

i expect rumors about Tonelico being copywrited to start

US Friend Code
    68 tickets got me Tristan and NP2 Gawain, which isn't bad at all, but Morganbros it's so over.

I'm not using quartz, I'd rather save for part 3. Anniversary might give enough to push me over the pity threshold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I actually like it more than Tonelico since it's actually a Norse word

US Friend Code
    I'm sad that there's absolutely no guarantee to get the 4 stars. Tried a multi roll and got Tristan, even though I preferred Gawain more.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    I actually like it more than Tonelico since it's actually a Norse word
    Spoiler:
    Not to be pedantic, but Aesc (or Æsc if you want to be fancy) is actually Old English. The equivalent in Old Norse would be "Askr".

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    I really love the mysterious vibe the LB6 battle theme has... Since it's a lot of thicc plot to read, i'm taking a brief break.

I gathered 60 quartz and yeeted it, but got nothin'. Not even the final copy of Caster Lancer i need.

well the weekly ticket I got today gave me Morgan in the first shot, Barghest and Boath Sith followed him with just 120 q, which makes my compulsive savings save me 1030 quartz and more than 3000 fragments, Melusine and Percival I'm going for you

US Friend Code
    Spoilers please

In other news, I tried another multi roll and managed to nab myself thicc Gawain. I'm at peace now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    You're better off using Servants with Debuff Cleanse/Immunity. What makes fluffy god especially hard is due to a special debuff that drains your HP with each stack you have per turn. This is different from regular DoT like Poison, Burn, etc. so you must cleanse them constantly before it stacks too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting choice indeed. It somewhat makes sense since:

Spoiler:
    Morgan took the name due to the influence of Odin/Caster Cu during their journey together. Though I'm too used with Tonelico to call her previous self that.
    Spoiler:
    I knew of that and do have Himiko and her total immunity to Curse, but I figure that I'll need a bit more offensive power to go with it. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Spoiler:
    Not to be pedantic, but Aesc (or Æsc if you want to be fancy) is actually Old English. The equivalent in Old Norse would be "Askr".

Spoiler:
    And to be even more pedantic, that's not even the name of the World Tree. It is, however, the name of the first man.

US Friend Code
    The Disastrous Curse debuff that increases Curse damage: does each stack of it increase damage further or is it just an on/off toggle?

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    I knew of that and do have Himiko and her total immunity to Curse, but I figure that I'll need a bit more offensive power to go with it. Any ideas?
    Any Servants that deal more damage to Divine, Demonic, and Threat to Humanity, with kit to counter debuffs. From top of my head, DPS are Himiko, Enkidu, Scathach, or True Orion, with Foreigners for naturally tanky units. Supports are obviously Castoria(with Guest Castoria available for help in the fight) and other big Caster supports, budget support option would be Asclepius for anti-debuffs. Then last man standing like Herc and Cu. You can also apply CC like White Vessel's Command Spell for more guard against the debuffs.

I have True Orion and Yang for DPS purpose, and Herc as last man standing, with Waver and Tamamo for supports. I'm planning to get Castoria before the fight.

There's another gimmick that makes him tanky; he gains more damage resistance with each Curse he has, which can only be removed by hitting him. So put damaging NP on the third line of attack.

There might be other stuff I forgot, but those are the gimmicks to watch out for.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    And to be even more pedantic, that's not even the name of the World Tree. It is, however, the name of the first man.
    Spoiler:
    There are several instances such as in the Gylfaginning where the tree is consistently referred to as "Askr Yggdrasill" so that's fine. It's just the localized line where Da Vinci now mentions "Aesc" and the Player makes the leap to Yggdrasil feels a bit strange to me is all.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Surprise motherfuckers. It's out.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    i expect rumors about Tonelico being copywrited to start
    It could be the case, but I don't think it matters because Tonelico is a nonsense name that never worked with the explanation the story gives for it. It's like in the Shinjuku name deduction scene, Moriarty claimed that the feminine form of Artorius is Altria (ignore how that's exactly what NA did).

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Spoiler:
    I agree with Askr being the best pick overall, but I saw a comment speculating that Aniplex chickened out using because Askr is the name of the Fire Emblem Heroes equivalent to Chaldea. Sounds legally safe to me, but I can see why they'd rather not take the risk.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Ahh.

- - - Updated - - -

fucked up they named it Roadless Camelot instead of Lordless Camelot

like I get it to some extent because it's like "the Camelot I could never reach" which fits, but it's clearly supposed to parallel Mash's NP

- - - Updated - - -

also the fairy knights are indeed being called Tam Lins
    After Mold Camelot I'm starting to think someone in Aniplex is just seeing how far he can go and still get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

130 sqs and a few tickets got me a couple of new Shinjis, if that's not poetry idk what is.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.