Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 6: Avalon le Fae: The Moment a Star is Born

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarly Alter View Post
    Tam Lin always sounded cool, and he was a true MVP when i used him in Devil Survivor. It just feels weird to use his name here as if it was a title, but whatever. Altria will always be a crime against humanity tho
    To be fair, if there's one thing that LB6 reinforces its that names have power and that fairies don't quite treat them the same way that humans do.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    wish Morgan was Arts instead of Buster so bad

US Friend Code
    Tam Lin sucks the dramatic tension out of certain scenes, and having never gotten any kind of correction in the JP script is a problem.
    Planet over star fits Notes far better than it does LB6.
    Roadless makes sense given the ruby, but it could've been 50:50.
    Asch, like Tam Lin, is a vocalized proper name that should've been handled from the start.
    I understand all the changes and while I don't like them, they make a degree of sense. Outright mistakes like mors and earth/king clan notwithstanding, I wish they'd PLEASE consign sacred sword back to 80s Nintendo censorship hell.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's the earth/king clan mistake again?

US Friend Code
    They should be Land Clan/Royal Clan per the 6.3 trailer.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDennyGuy View Post
    Nuclear Take: I think Tam Lin sound cool so I'm fine with it
    I've been cool on it once I knew why Nasu did it and I feel that it absolutely works for them. I can also see why people don't like it but then you have those who take it to absolutely obnoxious levels which just makes you want them to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    wish Morgan was Arts instead of Buster so bad
    Oh god, I wish she did so I wouldn't have to roll for Koyanskaya... well, I still would anyway because I want to enable Ibuki so...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh true. They also should use the bag prophecy instead of their weaker version.

Damn, half of the comment section on Aniplex's Gawain video is people salty over Tam Lin. I was going to continue calling them "Fairy Knight" 'cause it's been what I used for 2 years so I'm more used to it but now I'm gonna start going out of my way to use Tam Lin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDennyGuy View Post
    Damn, half of the comment section on Aniplex's Gawain video is people salty over Tam Lin. I was going to continue calling them "Fairy Knight" 'cause it's been what I used for 2 years so I'm more used to it but now I'm gonna start going out of my way to use Tam Lin.
    And so, we of the Twisted Panties doom our own cause, as we drive away all potential allies by being annoying as fuck.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    And so, we of the Twisted Panties doom our own cause, as we drive away all potential allies by being annoying as fuck.
    Actually, that would be my job.

Just on chapter 2. It was very eye rolling how da vinci is trying to hype up lb6 being supposedly isolated to just britain and nothing else in it. As if the other lostbelts werent isolated themselves on a single location lol.

So, any thoughts on the overall quality of the translation so far (ignorning the whole Tam Lin, Planet, Roadless, etc. debate)?
    I feel like this has to probably be the best translation the NA FGO team made so far, and comparing it to the Rayshift translation, it holds up pretty well - if it isn't outright better than the Rayshift TL in certain parts.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Finished part 1

Spoiler:

1. I'd say I overall enjoy the Mash segments a bit more than Guda's for a reason I can't put my finger on but I feel like part of it is to blame on the fact that characters are treating Guda like they're a proper character like the rest of them and the dissonance is kind of throwing me off. Not to say I don't enjoy Guda's side, all the characters are good, but I felt a bit more emotionally engaged. Their (temporary) reunion was good though, it was interesting to see Guda speak without prompting

2. That being said Mash's side is hindered somewhat by the fact that like I said she's not Mash with amnesia. She's Yor from spy X family isekaid into Mash's body with all the obliviousness that entails. And all that to facilitate the worst scene in the first part

3. The feeling I had of biting Oberon all over hasn't really been present while I read the chapter. How good or bad that is depends on the second part I guess, I enjoy it but my heart isn't singing yet and that's a pity because I've been looking forward to him the most.

4. My feelings towards fairy Britain as whole now that I can actually see it is that it's a fundamentally flawed place. Unsustainable and the fact that Morgan tried for as long as she did really shows that she really is unfortunately too much like her sister. I do see what she probably saw in it though, be it the goblin group, Boggart when he wasn't being a fucking creep, the fairies in the forest we accidentally drove into a frenzy or Mike, them being the way they are means they're as quick to unbelievable acts of kindness as they are to acts of cruelty. Let's see how I'll feel in part 2.

5. There seems to be a subtle theme of characters being better people than they think they are. While I still feel cold towards Boggart I couldn't help but be curious about how Mash was able to see through all his rambling about using Norwich as a stepping stone when he was just homesick, the goblin brothers spending their last moments realising "Oh, so there are things we care about more than our own lives" and Pepe insisting that he's the worst and chaldea shouldn't trust him despite always being kind to us. There's also the burden of the weight of what you "have" to do, with both Castoria, Guda and Mash showing their own ways of being burdened by the weight of responsibility. I'm also curiously dreading what will be the consequences of defying the prophecy and saving Norwich

6. The chapter ending on Beryl's delusions of romance was bleh though.

7. This is technically parts 2 and 3 spoilers and won't make sense to anybody who doesn't know revolutionary girl Utena but the two times I watched it I had a strong feeling of "Did Nasu rewatch Utena before he wrote this" so some character connections of made so far are: Guda=Utena, Oberon=Anthy/Akio, Castoria=Wakaba, Melusine=Juri, Aurora=Shiori, Barghest=Mikage, Baobhan Sith=Nanami. Still figuring out who else feels like they could connect to who

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    I'm hoping I start sympathizing more with the Faeries in the next chapter because I am honestly really just creeped out by all of them.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Oh, you don't know the half of it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helli View Post
    So, any thoughts on the overall quality of the translation so far (ignorning the whole Tam Lin, Planet, Roadless, etc. debate)?
    I feel like this has to probably be the best translation the NA FGO team made so far, and comparing it to the Rayshift translation, it holds up pretty well - if it isn't outright better than the Rayshift TL in certain parts.
    See Max's post in this thread.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    I'm hoping I start sympathizing more with the Faeries in the next chapter because I am honestly really just creeped out by all of them.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I have to ask here, it was mentioned early on in the LB that Avalon is just Britain's version of the inner sea of the planet, and there are other examples around the world. What kind of realm would likely be categorised in this group?

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I have to ask here, it was mentioned early on in the LB that Avalon is just Britain's version of the inner sea of the planet, and there are other examples around the world. What kind of realm would likely be categorised in this group?
    I would assume that basically every Otherworld (at least the ones that would qualify as a "paradise") from any culture / religion would fall under this umbrella. Be it the Garden of Eden in Christinaity, Vallhalah in Norse Mythology, and many more.
    Last edited by Helli; June 8th, 2023 at 11:57 AM.

US Friend Code
    UGH. I want to play this so bad, but I have so little free time these days. So sad.