Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] OC1: World within the Imaginary Number Compass, PAPERMOON

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    will Paper Moon chan fall for Goredolf since he was gentle
    She'll resent Goredolf for sacrificing her to Surtr.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh god oh fuck new rani lore is coming

Well, as much as I dislike Ordeal Call as a pretty transparent way to bloat the game's lifespan, I still hope this is a good story that can justify it's existence somewhat. Finally started playing again after a 1 year break so I'm feeling refreshed and more willing to put up with more content. Since it has a word like 'imaginary number' on the name I hope we get some wild, somewhat convoluted stuff again since it's my favorite part of the nasuverse in general. Mythology is fine and all but I think Fate is at it's best when focusing on their own lore and characters, than when trying to represent another culture.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, when Sanda said rich Sion content was coming in Adventures 4's afterword, he meant this instead of her being playable in Lumina. The dream is over. RIP.
    Time to go back to sleep.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDennyGuy View Post
    Well, as much as I dislike Ordeal Call as a pretty transparent way to bloat the game's lifespan, I still hope this is a good story that can justify it's existence somewhat. Finally started playing again after a 1 year break so I'm feeling refreshed and more willing to put up with more content. Since it has a word like 'imaginary number' on the name I hope we get some wild, somewhat convoluted stuff again since it's my favorite part of the nasuverse in general. Mythology is fine and all but I think Fate is at it's best when focusing on their own lore and characters, than when trying to represent another culture.
    Honestly at the end of the day FGO’s stories are mostly self-contained with some answers to ongoing mysteries and stuff so it doesn’t matter to me too much, as long as the individual stories are good it’s fine if it’s “filler” since like even LB6 is mostly standalone (comparatively) and we all know how that went. Besides I think there’s stuff that was supposed to happen earlier like Mash’s character conclusion in LB6 that got moved to later (iirc?) so I presume Ordeal Call will still be paying a lot of the more character focused plot threads like explaining Sion’s deal and Mash’s stuff etc.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    Fairy blue
    kimi no tame ni
    hoshi wo kudaki
    kazaritsuketa
    Black Paper Moon~~

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What do you suppose the name is referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    What do you suppose the name is referring to?
    The world within the Paper Moon, presumably.

Jokes aside, this is most likely how we'll do the Ordeal Calls. What throws me off is that Paper Moon has been described as a navigational device for INS, which would normally mean we're going into INS, but the compass having a world "within" might suggest something slightly different.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    The world within the Paper Moon, presumably.

Jokes aside, this is most likely how we'll do the Ordeal Calls. What throws me off is that Paper Moon has been described as a navigational device for INS, which would normally mean we're going into INS, but the compass having a world "within" might suggest something slightly different.
    My first instinct, as improbable as it is, is that Paper Moon might be doing something very similar to CHALDEAS even if it's not actually doing the same thing. Which means we've been accidentally creating a second Alien World even as we try to deal with the first one. At minimum, it would certainly explain why it would be perceived as a fault.

It might not be the case (and I certainly hope it's not), but I can't think of another explanation that makes sense. If anyone has one, I'm all ears.

US Friend Code
    We already know Atlas can make simulated worlds with Logos React, and the Logos React replica in the Into The Nobuverse event even created a singularity. I don't know why​ Paper Moon would have something inside it but it's definitely not outside Atlas's capabilities.

Yeah, I think you're reading too deep into it. The OCs are "self-purification" trials, so Paper Moon having one such distortion isn't illogical. I suspect these distortions are less about the physical location and more akin to something like the dream world.

EDIT: However, something I'll point out - We're starting at the lowest rank, E, and we were given the names of 3 OCs in the trailer. Paper Moon was not one of them. My guess? It's more of a prologue before we get to the real trials, which will go from rank D to A. Basically, this isn't the Ruler OC. But just speculation.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What kind of Servants do you guys expect that we will be getting in this Chapter

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Atlas alchemists and poor design decisions, name a better duo.

Blog Entries

This is the Paper Moon. It's the thing that replaced CHALDEAS as the main menu map projector throughout part 2, which probably means something.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    What kind of Servants do you guys expect that we will be getting in this Chapter
    Bhima and maybe the Pandava twins

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post

This is the Paper Moon. It's the thing that replaced CHALDEAS as the main menu map projector throughout part 2, which probably means something.
    Well, yes, without it we wouldn't have been able to dive into INS and access the Lostbelts. It is the CHALDEAS of Part 2 in that sense.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Rani pseudo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    EDIT: However, something I'll point out - We're starting at the lowest rank, E, and we were given the names of 3 OCs in the trailer. Paper Moon was not one of them. My guess? It's more of a prologue before we get to the real trials, which will go from rank D to A. Basically, this isn't the Ruler OC. But just speculation.
    I must say, neither the Extra class names nor the nondescript sounding "Paper Moon" evoke much hype or anticipation as far as chapter title goes.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Interestingly Paper Moon was a keyword in the trailer, but it was 紙の月 not ペーパームーン

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Rani pseudo
    Another one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    First you need to open the lid.

Blog Entries
    So are we going to kill off Sion just to make her summonable?