Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 315

Thread: Summer Animu 2023: What Time Is It? Anime Time!

  1. #161
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    Please, explain. How am I spazzing out? Opinions you don't like? If insulting authors through armchair psychology and calling them insecure and pathetic counts as discussion, and not spazzing out, the samre applies to my posts. All I see is censorship and bias towards views you disagree with. And double standards. If I'm bonked, so should Mattias and Tsugumi for their insults towards authors
    What's so wrong about disliking the idea of authors being callled bad people for what they write?. The only people who should insult and criticise are those ready to be insulted and criticised
    I seriously need an explanation of how what I'm doing is crossing some line because I don't see it. I think and think and fail to see what I'm doing wrong
    Last edited by bassgs435; August 19th, 2023 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  2. #162
    Mattias and tsugumi are real people who are in this thread commenting on a light novel hack saying stupid shit, the light novel hack is in another continent presumably not reading their posts, and you are in this thread attacking Mattias and tsugumi because you believe you are defending the honour of the light novel hack and the stupid shit he said. That is called spazzing out, and you've been doing it for ten years now.

  3. #163
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    Him being a hack and what he says being stupid is subjective. I'm defending myself, too as a fan. If they deem Mushoku as bad material by a bad person, what do they think oif fans such as me?
    . Not to mention that if Rifujin didn't read foreign comments, he wouldn't have needed to say he doesn't support slavery IRL
    Also, by that same token of "not here", we have BladeofEden. He's the one who first went "oooooooooooooooooh the twtitter people will hate this" and brought outside drama in here when he could've commented the episde
    Also, if Mattias and Tsugumi are allowed to attack, I'm allowed to defend and counterattack. One man's trash is another man's treasure. If agressive defending isn't allowed, agressive critiicism shouldn't be allowed either
    The author not being here to read the posts, strikes me as a poor argument to allow insulting him. I think people shouldn't be insulted wether or not they'll be here to read those insults. In fact, doing it in a place where he isn't present to read and defend himself strikes me as even worse and even cowardly
    Last edited by bassgs435; August 19th, 2023 at 08:45 AM.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  4. #164
    後継者 Successor BladeOfEden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    US Friend Code
    678,695,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Of course it would be you to bring up twitter drama here.
    And that tweet isn't a concession or anything of the sort if you look at his next tweet.
    Well, I mean, it is relevant to the topic at hand

    Also, I see what you mean. Still kind of an odd thing to post.

  5. #165
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    Well, I mean, it is relevant to the topic at hand…

    Also, I see what you mean. Still kind of an odd thing to post.
    I mean, with so many people who love to think Isekai authors support slavery IRL and act like armchair psychologists, and him in the center of the storm this time then it makes sense he posted.
    Twitter drama is still irrelevant to the episode in specific. It's not like Mushoku being super controversial is something new
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  6. #166
    後継者 Successor BladeOfEden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    US Friend Code
    678,695,569
    I’d argue that if it’s the author themselves making comments, it is quite relevant.

    Still, if the mods ask me to take it down and not post about such things in the future I’ll comply. Personally I don’t find these sorts of topics to be worth getting banned over.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Him being a hack and what he says being stupid is subjective. I'm defending myself, too as a fan. If they deem Mushoku as bad material by a bad person, what do they think oif fans such as me?
    . Not to mention that if Rifujin didn't read foreign comments, he wouldn't have needed to say he doesn't support slavery IRL
    Also, by that same token of "not here", we have BladeofEden. He's the one who first went "oooooooooooooooooh the twtitter people will hate this" and brought outside drama in here when he could've commented the episde
    Also, if Mattias and Tsugumi are allowed to attack, I'm allowed to defend and counterattack. One man's trash is another man's treasure. If agressive defending isn't allowed, agressive critiicism shouldn't be allowed either.
    I think you are the only person here who identifies so much with the anime you watch that anything people say about them feels like a personal attack to you. You keep talking about defending yourself and counterattacking people who weren't even talking to you in the first place. This is because you believe anyone who says something negative about a thing you like is always doing it out of malice and deserves to be attacked and insulted for it. This way it is always justified to be aggressive and insulting towards people who disagree with your opinions, even if they are not talking to you, because you believe any disagreement with your views is a personal attack to yourself, and any action taken as a result of your posts is an attempt to censor and silence your views.

    With all this in mind, the rules of this forum are not going to accommodate your personal view of reality. You have been told many, many times to respect other people's right to have their own opinions and not insult or attack them for expressing their views. If you cannot follow even this simple guideline, one that doesn't require you to change your mind about anything or anyone except in how far you can go in expressing your disagreement when arguing with them, there is nothing more that anyone can do for you. From where most people who read your posts are standing, you're just acting like an asshole for no real reason.

  8. #168
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    I’d argue that if it’s the author themselves making comments, it is quite relevant.

    Still, if the mods ask me to take it down and not post about such things in the future I’ll comply. Personally I don’t find these sorts of topics to be worth getting banned over.
    I was talking about your first posts are irrelevant, the one where you said "Well now. Twitter’s really not gonna like this episode", before you posted the author's comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    . From where most people are standing, you're just acting like an asshole for no real reason.
    How doesn't this apply to playing armchair psychology art analysis bullshit to throw insults to an author?. Also, do you think that if someone sees an author and his work as morally wrong, then these same people can think there's no moral problem with fans? There's no negative implications to fully liking what is seen as morally offensive art by morally offensive people?
    Last edited by bassgs435; August 19th, 2023 at 09:10 AM.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  9. #169
    後継者 Successor BladeOfEden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    US Friend Code
    678,695,569
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I was talking about your first posts are irrelevant, the one where you said "Well now. Twitter’s really not gonna like this episode", before you posted the author's comment
    Lol that was just me making a joke. I hadn’t even opened twitter yet at that point.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    How doesn't this apply to playing armchair psychology art analysis bullshit to throw insults to an author?. Also, do you think that if someone sees an author and his work as morally wrong, then these same people can think there's no moral problem with fans? There's no negative implications to fully liking what is seen as morally offensive art by morally offensive people?
    No.

    And if you care whether people think bad of you, you haven't chosen a great way to express it.

  11. #171
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,647
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Not to mention that if Rifujin didn't read foreign comments, he wouldn't have needed to say he doesn't support slavery IRL
    I don't believe Rifujin made his statement because people are flaming him on Twitter. I believe he made his statement because sponsors don't like the look of slavery on their brands and he felt a risk of becoming unemployed for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

  12. #172
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I don't believe Rifujin made his statement because people are flaming him on Twitter. I believe he made his statement because sponsors don't like the look of slavery on their brands and he felt a risk of becoming unemployed for life.
    I mean, you have to wonder then why this sponsors keep adapting isekai where the MC buys an slave. Not saying you're wrong, but sponsors who don't want to be associated with these kind of material could just adapt something else less controversial. It's like if Sunrise people went "geee why do people associate us with giant robots and idols"?
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  13. #173
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Mattias and tsugumi are real people who are in this thread commenting on a light novel hack saying stupid shit, the light novel hack is in another continent presumably not reading their posts, and you are in this thread attacking Mattias and tsugumi because you believe you are defending the honour of the light novel hack and the stupid shit he said. That is called spazzing out, and you've been doing it for ten years now.
    How "presumably" likely does it have to be that someone will read your aggressive and rude postings about them before it violates the rules against rude and aggressive postings? It certainly seems like you are drawing arbitrary and changing lines to distinguish the "good" insults from the "bad" insults. Especially when you, personally, are writing insults while threatening someone else for writing insults.

  14. #174
    後継者 Successor tsugumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    775
    US Friend Code
    501,766,391
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I mean, you have to wonder then why this sponsors keep adapting isekai where the MC buys an slave. Not saying you're wrong, but sponsors who don't want to be associated with these kind of material could just adapt something else less controversial. It's like if Sunrise people went "geee why do people associate us with giant robots and idols"?
    Not really. Advertisers aren't infallible; and it's not exactly unheard of for them to buy into things they incorrectly calculate the backlash on/didn't understand how weird things would get.
    IYKYK

  15. #175
    後継者 Successor BladeOfEden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    US Friend Code
    678,695,569
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Not really. Advertisers aren't infallible; and it's not exactly unheard of for them to buy into things they incorrectly calculate the backlash on/didn't understand how weird things would get.
    Interspecies reviewers

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    How "presumably" likely does it have to be that someone will read your aggressive and rude postings about them before it violates the rules against rude and aggressive postings?
    I guess the only one who can answer that is - give me a second - Rifujin na Magonote, if he ever deigns to read my post calling him a hack.

    It certainly seems like you are drawing arbitrary and changing lines to distinguish the "good" insults from the "bad" insults.
    Actually, there are only one person's insults.

    you, personally, are writing insults while threatening
    Sure thing man.

  17. #177
    後継者 Successor tsugumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    775
    US Friend Code
    501,766,391
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    Interspecies reviewers
    This was on my mind, yes. lol.
    IYKYK

  18. #178
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,526
    There are 4 people throwing insults including me. It's just 3 of them are allowed because Rifujin doesn't come here to read them. Doesn't make the posts less insulting. An insult doesn't stop being an insult if it's done behind the target's back.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  19. #179
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Sure thing man.
    You are threatening to ban someone for using insults, while insulting both the author and that person. If you don't see the problem with this behavior, then you need to hand in your mod privileges, because you'll just end up misusing them.

  20. #180
    'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    780
    It is kinda funny to me that something like Shield Hero features shit like this much more prominently, commited by the MC nevertheless, without really causing nearly as much of a shitstorm.

    Now I say this as someone who doesn't really give a shit about these shows, so if there's anything I'm missing, please do educate me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •