Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Apotheosis: Shadows of a Bright Republic (IC)

Dorothea Ionescu
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown

Steel and unknown metal clash rapidly, dodge to pivot to thrust to parry to riposte.

Black flats leap nimbly over a swept leg and retaliate with a lancing kick that would have swept aside any lesser opponent, which, the 'Hero' clearly is not, stutter-stepping away.

A stab at her heart is batted away by the hilt of her weapon, the enormous flat swatting at the briskly departing opponent, now standing on a building's exterior as naturally as the road beneath.

The ponytailed fighter observes quietly for a moment, head tilting as she observes the climbing girl.

"A brothel in the Confederacy, and as far as I was told, my mother was fairly Din in her description," She answered splaying a pale hand demonstrably.

An idea occurs to her, and, with a minor 'flex' of will, something appears in her hand, hidden beneath the greatsword's span.

"Though, now that you've asked me a question, it is only fair that I ask one of you."

A frown, eyes flicking slightly downward.

"Did you know your shoelaces are untied?"

And then, in the space between eyeblinks, she is there next to her.

"You should be careful not to trip."

As a curl of ribbon lashes at Hana's leg!

March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown
    Dorothy

"Eh? No way, not again! I swear I-" her words are cut off as a shriek pierces the noonday air, the broadsword cutting a bloody gash through Hana's chest. Viscera and lifeblood oozes from the gaping wound, and Hana...

Hana is smiling.

"Amazing. Holy shit, this is awesome! You have any idea how long it's been since a fight like this? I'm getting fucking pumped!" Despite her grotesque injury, Hana lashes out once more with her rapier in a flurry of blows. "Haha. Hahahaha! The only thing that could beat this is if Krum finally dueled me!"

Her katana is summoned back to her side as she throws the rapier into Dorothy's gut, leaving it impaled there as she rushes in for another strike! Dorothy dodges the katana's slice just in the nick of time, moving out of the way and retaliating with-

The world around Dorothy
    warps. And she finds her stomach bleeding profusely as Hana removes her blade from Dorothy's flesh. What? How? She missed that attack, right?

Two sets of memories clash in Dorothy's mind, the set where Hana missed her attack, and:
    Hana's katana is summoned back to her side as she throws the rapier into Dorothy's gut, leaving it impaled there as she rushes in for another strike! Dorothy takes the katana's cut directly in her stomach.

"I am the motherfucking lord of time!" Hana roars, irises briefly flashing with violet light.

In the distance, our two dueling Godbound hear the distance howl of police sirens, though Hana seems far too in the zone to care.

Combat
    Hana hits one of her two attacks, dealing 4 damage. Hana MISSES her second attack, but utilizes her Luck bond power to replace her roll with an 18, turning it into a hit and dealing 2 damage. Dorothy takes 6 damage in total.

Wise Up!

Luck Bond Bonus: Heroes gifted in the Luck Word may roll 1d20 once a day. At any time during that day, they may replace their own or someone elses 1d20 roll with the one in reserve. They can only replace a roll once per day.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown
    Volcania

A tall woman walks out of the tavern, a man and a woman in tow behind her.

She beholds the grotesque display of violence before her. One woman floating in the air, another standing on a wall, both bleeding profusely.

"The fuck are you retards doing?" Volcania scoffs. "Cut that that shit out, we've got a slaver to kill!" she hollers. "You wanna slice each other's tits off, do it later!"

Glancing to her left, the tall woman beholds with the rest of the group watching the display of violence from a small car. She marches over to them, reaches through an open window, grabs the barely-conscious Bai by the neck, and drags his head out until she can smell his rancid breath and he can see the specks of blood and liquor dotting her face.

"Hi, Bai. Where's Jong?"

Volcania spares a glance at those indoors and spots Paul, who looks to be doing nothing.

"Roll up that window, pal. Don't stop 'til he starts squealing."
    Last edited by Bloble; August 10th, 2023 at 08:42 PM.

Dorothea Ionescu
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown

Red rivulets flow from her person like a cracked dam.

Distantly, a clinical voice notes the perforated organs, the several gut shots have lacerated her intestines, her liver, one of her kidneys has been pierced by that last shot.

If she was anything else than what she was, she would give the person suffering these injuries perhaps several hours to live, if they didn't bleed out in the next few minutes.

It would not be a good death.

Sepsis, organ failure, internal bleeding. The short-term repercussions would leave this person, if they were instantly transported to the nearest Republic hospital, in a bed for at least 2 months, light activity for 5.

Long-term...

"If I'm gonna have problems on the crapper tonight, I'm gonna blame you. Pfeh."

She spits.

Her mouth tastes rancid, a mixture of blood, stomach acid and vomit, she'd probably go get a drink or something later.

"Go fuck yourself on those axes, rocks-for-brains, this ain't none of your business."

Perhaps some tea.

Already, the rivulets are slowing, platelets moving with beyond human capability, given time, her organs would knit back together, and her belly would be as smooth and unblemished as it was this morning.

But for now, it's a bit of a horror show.

There is a distant flicking of awareness, and a frown.

She stills for a moment, thinking.

Tch.

"I don't care what you're the lord of, time, fate, whatever. All that matters is that you got that sword."

Her blade rises once more.

"All that matters, is that I find That Man, that useless shit who fucked my mother, and left me with this..."

Something spatters on the ground.

"This sword."

Soaked in blood, Dorothea takes a stance.

"And I'm gonna give it back to him, ass-first."

Step-

"Just as sure..."

A sword crashes into the earth...

Launching its wielder up and over!

"As you not wearing any damned panties, you airhead!"

Blistering fast, touching that perfection of form, the spilled blood coats her leg!

"Take this!"

Like a red star, she falls to earth.

"First Virtue: Humilitas!"

Ad Astra
    Noonish
    March 11, 1000 AS (After Shattering)
    Tullii Taverna, Harbortown

"It's pretty shit deal you lot have, but you can either be a bitch about it or man up an' roll with the punches."
    Wow, and she had started to feel half bad about messing with his auto correct. Any trace of sympathy erased.
    "Me dealing with it is why we're here now."

Pushing herself away from the horrible concoction, even her little sister wouldn't mess it up this badly.

"Wanna get some air, Astra? There's answers to beat outta Bai. Tell me 'bout those roots."
    "Sure, it stinks in here even more now." The smell of sweat and piss from the pile of broken bodies doing nothing to make the scent of smoke any more appealing.

"Bai's boss is Six finger Jong, I've got a big list of all their... clients." Astra really needs to find more fitting descriptive words for these people. Something she's likely to pick up from her new group if the past few minutes have been anything to go by. "Oh, and the mayor is on that list."

Tapping on the tablet she make sure to install a couple extra games for Hal. Maybe he'd have better luck with that gatcha game than she did.

"Oh, and he's also going to have Jong killed."
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Noonish
    Paul Copperbell

Quote Originally Posted by Volcania
    "Roll up that window, pal. Don't stop 'til he starts squealing."
    Paul fires back, "Stop? We need to get moving!"

The panicked salaryman motions towards the alleyway and sounds of sirens in the distance. "The cops are on their way and we need to get out of here!"
    Last edited by MssrNeko; August 12th, 2023 at 12:01 AM.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Gabrielle Monet
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Outside Tullii Taverna, Harbortown

Well. What a sudden turn of events. And then another one. Nearly getting murdered by another Godbound, successfully "talking" her down, only for Dorothea to end up fighting her anyway. Well, whatever. As long as they didn't decapitate each other it was probably fine.

Is... she going to want her sword back...?

Oh, actually yes. While Gabrielle was clutching the rusty blade wondering what to do with it, the thing just vanished out of her hands and went back to Hana's. Problem solved. Next on the agenda: the getaway. Gabby didn't have any of Dorothea's teleporting power. What she did have was a drivers' license, so, um, was the owner of this crappy car dumb enough to leave the key anywhere? Glovebox? Under the floormats? Maybe Astra could do her thing and get the car started? Gabby tapped out a message on her phone urging the hacker girl to hurry up.

"Hey, Professor lady, if you can get us something literally right now, really appreciate it." Whoever it was on the other end of Paul's phone could hear Gabby just fine, hopefully? "Failing that, I'm leaving if I can get this thing started. If nobody else has a better idea, feel free to sit on Bai, Volcania."
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown
    Volcania

"Fine, fine! Count yourself lucky she figured it out without you, Bai."

Volcania pulls the delirious thug all the way out the window, reaches over with her other hand and pops open the trunk, then throws him in it, slamming it shut in one motion. Then she looks at the car again.

"..."

It's too small.

"..."

The seven foot tall muscle-bound woman hops onto the back of the car. Each of her hands grabs the inside edge of the car doors on either side. She braces herself to hold on.

"Just floor it! We're going right to Jong's base! On the double! Everyone in!"

Dorothea Ionescu
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown

Volcania's words go unheeded: Hana is still in her Zone, laser-focused on Dorothy and their duel. Were the volcanic lady to attack in that moment, Hana would have been utterly unprepared to defend herself. "This is Daddy's sword." Hana affirms once more, raising her blade to block the incoming blow. "Been his since the cradle, and your shitty counterfeit is way too big to be the real thing, so stop whining about it!"

"And jokes on you, I never wear panties!"

Under optimal conditions, Hana would have easily deflected the blow. Easily sidestepped it. Easily done anything to avoid the strike. But she's battered and exhausted, blood oozing from the gash along her midriff. Her body moves instinctively to block the incoming strike, and-

Her arm freezes up, a small cry of pain escaping her lips alongside blood. Against a normal opponent, this split second of pain-induced delay wouldn't have mattered. But against a Godbound of the Sword?

Hana's body crumbles, falling off of the wall and hitting the ground below hard. From the looks of things, the teenager was instantly KO'd by the Raktine's strike! The katana clatters to the ground by her feet, briefly laying there before vanishing and reappearing within the sheathe still latched to Hana's belt.

[Dorothy is victorious!]

"Oi! C'mon Doc!" Tang calls from a ways away, already piled into the backseat of the tiny car. "Th' fuzz are on the way, and we got a dickhead to beat th' shit outta!"

Outside the Tullii Taverna, Harbortown
    Everyone Else

"I mean, ya, thas' wha' I figured you were doin'." Tang says to Astra as they leave the tavern.

Hal seems to utterly ignore the games Astra uploads, and last she checks he's... setting up stock portfolios? "Good sir." Hal says, addressing Paul. "You look like a fellow that knows his money. Tell me, how does one send his portfolio 'to the moon,' as it were?"

"Negative, Gabrielle Monet."
    Professor responds to Gabby's question. "This one is currently occupied: James would be most displeased if Hana Yatsukahagi were to perish. Thus, this one is maintaining a constant firing solution between this one's Type 995 Sniper Weapon System and the cranium of Dorothea Ionescu should she choose to go for a finishing blow. Yatsukahagi must learn a valuable lesson in humility, but she cannot learn from such a lesson if she were to perish." Professor waits a beat before speaking again. "If you were interested, this one projects a 100% chance of fatality were this one to fire now. This one is quite skilled at her work." The monotone almost seems to break as the Professor sounds proud. "However, were Ionescu to leave Yatsukahagi for this one's comrades to collect, this one would be willing to delay the authorities' arrival. A baby step on the road to cooperation?"

Hot-wiring the car is, however, an utterly trivial task for Astra should she choose to go that route.

Poor Bai seems to have had far too much for one day, his body flailing limply as Volcania stuffs it into the trunk. He seems to have been knocked out at some point: hit in the head by an errant piece of debris churned up by the duel between the two Swordbound warriors.

"Hey gemenr, can we stop for smokes on the way to Jong's place? I forgot mine." Tang asks, flicking his lighter idly. "Hey farmboy, you got a cig?" Tang asks Markus. "Fuckin' dyin' fer one ovah here!"

All the while, the sound of sirens grows closer.

Dorothea Ionescu
    March 11, 1000 AS
    Around Noon
    Back-alley, Harbortown

"Haah..."

Her leg, from where it rested on the ground, slowly became free of the blood-coating, dull red-brown gently flaking off pale skin as the doctor came to her feet, absently brushing the remaining bits off.

"..."

She pauses for a moment, looking down at the supine girl on the floor, brows knitting together in a second of consideration.

"Good fight."

Then she steps over the body, only barely scraping the edges of torn, battered flesh, which begins easily knitting itself together like a nagymama patiently working with an old quilt.

"See you later."

Brisk steps click against ragged concrete, shaped and shattered by divine blows, and the white coat is retrieved, settling primly about her shoulders once more, concealing the weight of the wounds she had sustained.

But even now, it would not kill her, muscles reached for sinew and sinew reached to bone, bone collected itself, and flesh slowly became one.

grugrugle...

A grimace crossed Dorothea's face.

"Hold your horses, Mr. yuxi, I'm coming, let a girl stuff her innards back in, would you?"

But her arrival was brisk, the once-again bespectacled physician settling gracefully into a free seat at the back of the car.

"I'm hungry..."

There was a brief shuffling of pockets, then a despondent sigh.

"No food..."

Ad Astra
    Noonish

How diligent. Well, as long as he's enjoying himself at least. Money was important to, I guess. At least he seems to be making a new friend. Hopefully the old dude doesn't teach him any bad habits.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Going to completely ignore the bleeding pair of idiots, I'm sure they know what they are doing, one of them is supposed to be a doctor after all.

A quick flex of her power as she walks towards the car the amazon has decided to perk upon and a copy? - Well, it's not really a copy, it's a brand new key formed in the shape that she knows will work in the locking mechanism of the car. Derived from that rather that recreated from the physical dimensions of a previous item. So, not a copy at all - A newly formed key appears in her hand with little fanfare. She's not surprised they don't bother to lock their car in this neighborhood. It's likely cheaper than having to replace the damage done from a broken window or worse.

Handing the key over to Gabrielle. "We'll want to find something that Volcania can actually ride in, you're kind of um.... Noticeable. Might be something the cops would focus on?" Maybe a van? With nice cooled seats. After Gabrielle starts the car up she gleefully cranks the A/C up, seeking reprieve from the islands muggy summer weather.

That's... probably about right at least. They're already poison, so if they come out a bit oddly it should be fine anyways? A press of her will and a pile of loose cancer sticks appear in the old dudes hand. The other old dude, not the suited old guy... There's way too many old people in this group already.
    Last edited by Plue; August 14th, 2023 at 06:15 PM.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Back-alley, Harbortown
    Everyone

Speeding away in their tiny subcompact, the gang is certainly cramped! Squished between Astra and Dorothy, Tang lights up his fresh new cig. "Thanks, doll." He takes a deep drag of the cigarette and begins cough. "What *cough* th' fuck Astra, this is just paper!" Ah... it seems plant matter is a little beyond Astra at the moment.

For now, the entire cab of the car is now hotboxing with literal paper smoke as Tang smothers the cigarette between his gloved fingers. "Shit, gemenr, Doc ain't lookin' too good. Think we should stop at WcRonald's after we crack some skulls?"

The police sirens grow more distant as they speed towards their destination, Gabby sometimes only narrowly avoiding jaywalking pedestrians. Seriously? Do these Arcemites even know not to walk in front of a moving car?!

"This one's comrades have retrieved Yatsukahagi. Once you and your friends have conducted your wetwork, contact this one. This one's pantheon requires assistance in conducting a excruciatingly delicate heist." And thus, Professor hangs up on them.

Just in time for the group to screech to a halt in front of the supposed safehouse for Six Finger Jong. Outside, two men raise SMGs at the subcompact and the massive volcano woman atop it. "I don't know who you people are-" the first man, an Akeh, says. "But this is private property. Get lost!"

The property itself is a two story building: the bottom floor being some manner of derelict garden and grocer's, its windows boarded up and inside not visible to our heroes, and the top floor a living space. At least, they can see a sofa through the top floor window, so they assume its a living space.

And per Astra's actions, two enormous toy-looking mallets appear in each of the volcano goddess's hands.

"Mother, could you mute your microphone?" The little butler sprite Hal has made for himself has his eyes furrowed in concentration. "I do believe I am 'baking that gamer bread' as your past forum posts suggest, and the noise is quite distracting."

"Oh fuck!" The second gunman, a Ren, cries out. "That's Pompeii! Magdump her!"

[COMBAT BEGINS: Player Turn Start!]
    Last edited by Eru Erufu; August 16th, 2023 at 05:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Back-alley, Harbortown
    Volcania

"Too slow."

Volcania is already leaping off the car, comically-oversized mallets in hand. Whose Gift was this? Doesn't matter. They'll bust heads either way.

Showing absolutely no fear, she charges at the gun-toting guards.

"IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!"

Ad Astra
    Noonish

Slavers... There hmm. There really shouldn't be much of a morality issue here, should there be?

Killing bad people is probably fine. Slavers were bad people, the worst. Going by the transitive property it followed that killing slavers was probably fine.
    ... and it wouldn't be very good to leave her group without doing anything herself here.

It's the effort of a single thought as a double headed hammer drops into Volcania's hands.
    A blocky SMG appearing in the lap of Paul. A flashy icon of a shooting star imprinted on it that glows faintly even in the daylight.
    For herself a simple looking tube with a trigger. Making the ammunition on the fly the almost automatic grenade launcher salvos towards the mass with a little 'thoomp' sound.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Noonish
    Paul Copperbell

Paul lifts his new gun up to his sight line.

Tang explained why they were here and what to do as they escaped the tavern. These people are slavers, scum of the earth, and their leader has a bounty on his head. Paul and his Pantheon then take his head (metaphorically speaking) as proof to another godly group. Then the two groups would work out a cooperation deal.

Just a simple deal and merger Paul reasons as he aims at the chest of a gunman.

He squeezes the trigger.

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Markus Braun
    March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Back-alley, Harbortown

Markus gave a sigh of slight annoyance.

A grenade launcher? Seriously?

“Um, Miss Astra, please try to avoid killing anyone. Beating them into submission is fine, but we should give them a chance to change their ways.”

Getting out the car, he made his way over to the trunk and popped it open.

“Come on out, Bai. The time has come for you to redeem yourself. Join us in this pursuit of righteousness. Make it known to all that you have turned away from your wickedness, and will follow in the path of the One.”

Turning towards the guards, Markus drew his sword, and began attacking with the flat end of the blade.
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; August 18th, 2023 at 09:27 AM.

Dorothea Ionescu
    March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Back-alley, Harbortown

Arms folded over bare, ruddy flesh, Dorothea quietly centered herself. She'd flown off the handle, if it were another time, another place, hell, even another person, she could have killed them.

Would have killed them, and herself.

The horseless carriage, an 'automobile', rattled down the road, the fussy-looking girl who'd shoved the screen in her face twiddled her fingers and conjured a priming wand for the 'car'.

Don't know why they called it a key, you're not unlocking anything.

Hmph.

The grumbling did not help her centering, but it did distance the pain in her belly.

Both of them, she chuckled to herself.

She flicked a hand at Tang's concerned tone, "No need to trouble yourself on my account, I have experienced much worse, for far longer."

White teeth glint in a darkly amused grin.

"Besides, in the event of the worst case, the bread of the body is always replenish-able."

There was silence, for a moment.

The grim statement of indulging in a frightening taboo was then abruptly undercut.

growlrrmmm

Then, those bright reds, freed from the decorative glasses, became moist aShe nd pitiful.

"But I'm really hungryyyyy..."

And for a moment, she looked scarcely any different from any Republican college girl, but for the somewhat foreign pallor of her skin, and the roughness of voluminous brown hair that had never graced a salon with its presence.

Also the enormous blade, still strapped to her back, still positioned 'just so' that it fit, impossibly, into the small, cramped vehicle.

Perhaps it was the way the passing sunlight, peering through mountainous buildings and cavernous lots brushed along the length of the sheathed weapon, but it seemed to give off a certain air of smug self-satisfaction.

As if that great rusted blade was waving a fan about and declaring that "That smug little shard got what was coming to her, daring to bare herself before me, what a unsightly bit of dross, desu wa!"

However, it was but a sword, if a great one, and so it simply rested, definitely doing none of those things, and looking somewhat ridiculous in such a small space.

And so, Dorothea, wielder of the great, unknown blade, rested quietly, listening with one ear to the general intent of things.

Upon arriving, she draped her head out of one window, a single ruby eye passing judgment over the unruly occupants, paying no heed to the sound of clattering metal.

As the sword of righteousness lifted into the air, those who saw the truth in its edge cowered, scurrying into dusty corners and discrete shelves of prepackaged flowers.

Grunting quietly, she exited the car with the low click-click of gentle shoefalls, audible over the clamor and the raucous joy of a thousand eruptions of light and sound.

Why would they not cheer with joy and pride?

She who is draped in earthen fire, and bears the (rubber) hammers that would shatter all fetters.

Of course those brief, fleeting sparks of metal and smokeless powder, the fire stolen long ago, locked away within the earth, now, finally, freed.

Why would they not howl and screech the name that booms in the deep parts of the world, the name that is spoken in the crushing of skulls by mined-out boulders, roared in the unleashed fury from the ravaged scars of the realm, shattered in times before memory.

Why would they not cheer her name, as their lives, so fleeting, so joyous, went out of the world.

Only she, who lived in the spaces between seconds, who moved between raindrops, would hear them.

Perhaps one day, they would roar, and scream, and cry the cry of freedom that rings in the heart of all of God's creatures so loudly, so furiously, that all the world would hear it.

But for today, they scythe through young men, embittered and buried in their vices, too sick with the sickness that afflicts all mankind, unable to see, to hope for a better tomorrow.

And so, inaudible to all but one, even She who they praise, they give of themselves to deliver a freedom even their embryonic, minuscule minds can give.

No matter what the state of their individual body, the greater body, the body of men together as one, dies today.

It is a beast of lusts and greeds and desperate hungers, crowned by a great-snouted head.

Perhaps the progenitor of this beast, of all beasts like it, will continue to live on, to grow and breed and consume itself and the world in its base idiocy.

But today, this one will die.

If not by her hand, than of another.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Gabrielle Monet
    March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Back-alley, Harbortown

A volley of submachine gun fire. A... grenade launcher? And Volcania was carrying what looked like giant toy hammers. Even if they weren't real weapons, seriously, look at her, she could probably turn a man into a smear on the ground with a moderately heavy pillow.

What a waste. They deserve more than that.

At least Markus had the right idea. Unfortunately for those goons, it might be a bit late to call for restraint. Well, some of them were probably alive. The survivors would just have to work a little harder to make up for the lost. Following the barrage of gunfire and her charging companions, Gabrielle opened the door of the tiny car and stepped out to unleash her voice.

"Hello, slavers! And goodbye, slavers! If anyone is still standing and willing to fight, sit down."

Vengeance cried out, howling for retribution from these vile things. But not death. No, that would be too easy. All these villains would have from Gabby was pain. Pain to blot out all else, to make all other sensations meaningless, like the chastening words of the One Himself bringing a man's entire life down around him.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Jong's Hideout, Harbortown
    Everyone

The opposing force utterly crumbles under the onslaught of the demigod heroes: Volcania the first into the fray and backed up by her Ren lieutenant as they launch an explosive opening! Still, they don't do that much damage due to a combination of bad luck and these enemies being, frankly, a cut above the usual hired thugs. Dorothy is the next into the fray, though she too struggles to deal too much damage to the hired guns. But when Astra and Paul add their own firepower to the mix, the "chip damage" begins to add up, whittling down the elite guard enough for Markus to charge in: crushing the bones of his enemies with the flat of his blade! Though they still live, they'll need medical attention soon lest internal bleeding spell their doom.

Gabby's scathing words cut nonlethal gashes into the last few mercenaries, and soon the last of them are incapacitated or dead.

And one the last to live is one particular Ren individual poking his head out of the window, his tailored black suit covered in all manner of magic runes. "Of all the- Pompeii!" Six Finger Jong singles her out, looking pissed. Though he was just hurt by Gabby's attack, his personal beef with that woman in particular gets the better of him. "You're making a huge fuckin' mistake, idiot! I didn't kill that snot-nosed brat, and-" Jong visibly cringes as Tang's sword hits the brick wall just next to the window.

"Damn it!" Tang swears. "I missed!"

Jong stares down at the fool as though he can't believe that just happened, before raising a pistol whose surface is at least 90% low magic runes. A bullet wreathed in curses emerges from the barrel with a thundering crack, a bullet that can and will smear Tang's brains against the wall should nobody intervene.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    March 11, 1000 AS
    ~1300 Hours
    Jong's Hideout, Harbortown
    Volcania

One of the pieces of sidewalk erupts upwards from the ground, shattering into shards as it catches the bullet meant for Tang.

"You'll squeal one way or another, Jong," Volcania says as she stares upwards at the window. "But here's the last choice you're getting. Drop the piece and you'll be able to sign your name after this, or don't and they'll be calling you No-Finger in the obituary."

Flame gathers in her palm, illuminating the anger on the woman's face.

"You nearly smoked a buddy of mine. You're a slaving son of a bitch. And your guy made a pass at Gabby here."

It burns brighter and brighter, threatening to spill from her fingers as she prepares to hurl it at the ugly bastard up top.

"Give us one good reason not to level this whole place with you still in it!"