Thread: Chaos Greyblood's Fanficion Ideas thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chaos Greyblood's Fanficion Ideas thread

Sorry it took me a bit long today, but I had to do some stuff. As promised, I now unveil this thread by starting to talk about an idea I have for a Nanohaverse fanfiction project I've been having in my head for good while now. At this time, I have some elements visualized in my head and so this is a good time to set them here. As I said before, everyone's welcome to pitch in some ideas and your opinions will be valued. Feedback is important 'cause in that way you'll be able to create your own ideas as well! This is a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Firstly, I'll set the Nanoha fanfiction project elements here. These are the ones that I'll be able to work with and as the ideas and opinons keep flowing I may add them right here in this thread. Here are the following elements that may be used and are ready for discussion:
    • Possible title for the first part of the project: Magical Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha: Orion Stinger
    • The setting shall take place post-StrikerS as I had mentioned to Inugami before.
    • Possible name for the new character: Orion Septiem
    • First story will be about a new Intelligent Device prototype that shall go through some tests and a new enemy wants to obtain it.
    • Returning characters that shall be part of the story and those that shall have screen time (And by returning, I mean I'll be featuring them as they should have been in the series, instead of just being nodded off the picture): Chrono, Yuuno, Hayate, Lindy and a host of others.
    • In lieu to the above, Yuuno shall be the mentor of the new character. Consider this a nice callback to the first season.
    • Series that shall be given a shout-out: Tekkaman and Tekkaman Blade. A few others may be included down the line.
    • New characters that shall interact with the main cast. It wouldn't be Nanoha without 'em!
    • There's gonna be more males in the stories. That said, I'll do my gosh darnest to make sure everyone gets some screentime.
    • Whether Orion will start off in the story as a Sergeant or a 2nd Lieutenant is up for debate.
    • Magic shall be involved, but new stuff will come up as well.
    Now, this is at its earliest stages so far, so what you see here is what I have to start working. We can discuss about such things anytime you want and on top of that, if you got your own ideas to make your own stories, 'My house is your house!'. Don't let me have all the fun alone!

Other stories I'll be working on shall be included here for ironing out details. Everyone is welcome here and I hope you enjoy your stay!
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    *walks in*

*reads "Nanoha"*

*... and walks out*

Bye guys, it was good until it lasted.

;_;

Blog Entries
    Hey! Slow down, man. Take it easy. The Nanoha story won't be the only one featured here. This is only the first of many projects, hopefully. ToT
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So mean, Sherr. Still, The idea seems fine in conception, which is all we have so far.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Well, the only ideas I have right now are for the Nanoha series.

I don't intend to talk about them here, because that's effort and time better spent reviewing the series, researching information on-line, gathering new ideas and theories with other fans at Animesuki, and then actually writing the fics.

Suffice to say that Yuuno is a bigger and more irritating mystery than damn near anyone else in the cast, and I will sooner write Maze chapters for Hayate, Vita and Signum than for him, for the simple fact that Yuuno requires a LOT more thought and more than a little "fanon".

I already regret writing the first Maze chapter featuring Chrono before doing more research on Yuuno, because otherwise I never would have suggested Chrono was better at multi-tasking spells, with or without a Device.

Sure, I knew Yuuno was fighting Vita (without suffering a scratch) while also trying to crack her prison-field spell, but further research suggests he was ALSO readying a group-teleport spell at the same time.

(Either that, or Yuuno knows how to delay certain spells as easily as Chrono can delay Binds. Maybe he can set up a teleport spell that waits for a simple trigger without requiring any of his concentration. Still, he cast that sucker while fighting Vita, and then started on another, and even a delayed autonomous spell has to continually drain energy.)

Blog Entries
    If there are other sources you believe I can use, by all means you can supply them anyway you can. I'll watch the rest of the other series and get what I can by pooling everything else from here. Anything is acceptable as long as the content isn't too... let's just say conflicted with what's canon and what's fanon.

Here's another idea I'm cooking up since I'm making up a bit of lost time of watching NHL games, though it requires lots of research and not just about the rules on hockey in general. It's about a young guy (Classic high school kid, if I'm permitted to use this) who is nice guy, but he's a bit of a doormat when it comes to dealing with people well and his father wants him to try a sport that not only will give him some spine, but also discipline and it should be something that he should try to enjoy. He checks out some of the clubs at his school only to realize that it wasn't going to work out after doing tryouts and he gets a bit worried that he won't find a good sport that he likes. Just then, his best friend tells him about this particular sport whose team on the club is seeking out new players since it has started to flounder due to the lack of talent and manpower and convinces him to try that one out and shows him the way towards the rink.

That sport turns out to be hockey.

So our protagonist pays the club a visit so that he can try out and the team has a quirky but interesting set of people and a coach who's on the hot seat because the club had a string of losing season and thus is in danger to losing its place in the school clubs because of the lack of success it has in the sport so far. The protagonist's friend is perhaps one of the few bright spots of the club and wants him to see if he's got what it takes to make it to the roster and so begins the tryouts. At first, the protagonist has a difficult time getting acclimated to hockey but tries his gosh darnest to fit in and after a hard body check, he gets merciless teased by one of the defensemen that such a tweener is a failure because he basically has no spine and doesn't like standing up to people.

Something clicks in inside the protagonist's mind. He remembers how much he used to be mocked in school and barely had any friends. He feels that if he doesn't respond now, he'll always be everyone's doormat for the rest of his life! This could be his last chance as he knows it, but what can he do? Would he run away now and just accept his life as it is right now or would he step up to the challenge and do something about it?

In the middle of practice game, our protagonist suddenly has a leap of strength and talent after the face-off and not only manages to get by the defenseman that knocked him flat on the ice, he does so by executing an amazing spin-o-rama and scores an impressive goal! Everyone is surprised by this, even the protagonist, but unbeknowns to him this may be the first step towards his new life as a hockey player.

The title I came up for this story is Slapshot 19. I know, I took part of the idea from Eyeshield 21, but at the very least I wanted to make a title that was hockey-centric. It's barely started to hatch, so I haven't come up with names of the characters. You can be sure they'll be plentiful, though!

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    I like It. Though probably becuase I have never seen EyeS21. I like those kinda stories anyway like miracle on ice. And Mighty ducks real and animated.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    Oh, so that manga did exist, though it doesn't look like it has another scanlating group in charge of it.

I suppose mine shall do when I get it off the ground. The key is in the preparation!

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    That sport turns out to be hockey.
    If, like you said, this turns out to be even just close to ES21, be sure I'll follow it!

Blog Entries
    I plan to at least make it a bit close to it, though I must read ES21 for the quirky characters and all. That being said, I hope I'll have some help concerning hockey information in Japan and if it's being played and all. The pacing for games may be my biggest concern because I want to make them exciting, yet I don't want them to last an eternity and it's my understanding that the NHL regular season is 83 games long, so I must aim for a reasonable deadline if I'm to make teams in the story including the one the protagonist shall belong to.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Read it. It's probably one of the best manga I've read, even though it's "stupid" as hell and the games are in the best tradition of sports manga. Nonetheless, it's a very good manga.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on hockey and/or Japan.

;_;

Blog Entries
    Anyone else willing to help out on that? I'm game for info!

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    It has been a while since I neglected on the thread, but EvoSpace gave me links concerning Japanese Ice Hockey some time ago and I feel that it's time I share them. Be warned, though: They're in Japanese!

http://www.alhockey.jp/
    http://www.jihf.or.jp/
    http://tihf.jp/

If you want to know the basics, Wikipedia is your friend!

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!