Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fall Animu 2023: We Call It Fall Anime Because LEAF FALL DOWN

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    JJK: Lol Yuuji can't catch a fuckin break

Spyfam: Very active episode quite atypical for the series, like the chapters it adapted. I don't know how they managed to tow the balance between serious character development for Yor, a genuine sense of danger for her and the targets she's protecting, and utter comedy during the killing sprees but they did it wonderfully. It wasn't a sakuga heavy episode but they managed to pass the mark by balancing the tone really well. I'm very happy with this result.
    burn your dread you coward

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Stone: Firing on all cylinders. Fantastic finish. Ibara's such a great villain.
    JJK: pain desu
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    16 bit sensation: they changed the history of FGO

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    So, in that timeline, we'd get Fate/Cowboy Remnant instead of Samurai Remnant
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Shy Episodes 4-5: Stardust's allows him to produce a force that can push anything away from him. It took Teru's words to shake him enough so she could even touch him to win.

Then in episode 5 she gets Lady Black to help a old woman hike up the mountain that she used to go up with her late husband and then gets roped into visiting her school's calligraphy club to learn how to use her powers.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou
    Pretty funny show. I love the entire cast and the comedy was crazier than I expected. Very good. Alyssa's a good mom
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence: Cid playing the theme song for the Black Rose and Ragnarok is the absolute funniest shit. He's so great.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Another 2-episode-catch-up.

JJK: I don't think I've seen an author in Shounen that hates their protagonist more than Gege hates Yuuji.
    The amount of glee I that shone through when Yuuji was being put through the emotional wringer felt sexual.

Spyfam: I've been watching these two shows with a friend during this season. In our sessions we've always decided to leave Spyfam for last, and I can't begin to describe how much I needed it to be that way in this one in particular.
    It was a much needed respite. Thank you Endo-sensei, for healing me from Gege's fucked up mind.

Overtake!
    Pretty good. The focus here is on character drama and their development, but the races are cool, too and very important when they happen. A very solid show. Love it

Seiken Gakuin no Maken Tsukai
    A dissapointment. It should've looked better and been lewder. Rare Passione miss. I still enjoyed the plot and characters, but still was dissapointed by how they fucked up the fanservice and visuals.

Shy
    Pretty good show. The characters are fun and I love the visuals. Looking foward to the 2nd cour/season
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Boushoku no Berserk
    Nothing special, but pretty fun. Fate and Roxy have a nice relationship and Myne's also fun. Greed's fun too with all his transformations and powers. I had a good time with this

WataOshi
    Nice yuri isekai romance. The central couple are fun characters and get some nice development (both as characters and their relationship), and the drama parts are nicely done. Hoping for S2

Helck
    Pretty good fantasy show. Great development for plot and characters. I love how it gets progressively darker as you find more of what's going on. So good. Here's hoping for a final cour to finish adapting the manga
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    JJK: THE PREDATOR HUNTS ITS PREY

This season's been banger after banger. It's great to see Mahito finally eat shit. The animators really love Todo; same, tbh.
    Eminence: Great season; I can't wait for the movie.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Eminence in Shadow S2
    SO GOOD. Holy fuck. This is as crazy and fun as the previous season and that ending was fucking amazing. Super hyped for the movie

KamiErabi
    I liked the 3DCG visuals, even if they weren't top-tier. Characters and plot were also fun and fucking insane. Looking foward to the 2nd half in spring to know where the fuck they're going with this madness

IkenaiKyo
    Really fun and wholesome fantasy romcom. I like Charlotte's and Allen's character and relationship development and the rest of the cast is fun too. Hoping for S2 to see that evil prince eating shit

Bullbuster
    Nice mix of corpo drama and mecha fighting monsters. The characters and plot were well done and the fights were cool. Good stuff
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    SpyFam: the first half with Becky trying to woo Loid (and Anya deciding to go along with it for the chefs) was great. Fiona in part 2 was also very cute
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; December 20th, 2023 at 09:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ikenaiyo: DAMMIT, WE WERE THIS CLOSE TO GREATNESS

Very cute show, bless Charlotte and Allen. She came a long way. Would watch more.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Dr Stone S3 Part 2
    This was great. The story keeps being amazing, and the characters keep being great. Love it. Hyped for the final season

Under Ninja
    Crazy show about ninjas in modern japan. Very bonkers and unique. I had a blast with this show. Insane ending too.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    watched Jujutsu anime for the first time because it's the biggest meme episode.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In love with villainess: s2 please

Spoiler:
    I'm glad they're together already. The Manaria reveal was genuinely so funny, I love this show's ability to be Real and then throw in some psycho stuff for good measure. It's actually great and makes the show memorable. I guess it was riffing on the classic shoujo trope of attempted rape? Perhaps this is the true power of the girlboss... kowai!
    IYKYK

Shield Hero S3
    Pretty decent, and an upgrade in visuals from S2. We finally get the other 3 cardinal heroes allied with Naofumi, and there's other decent story stuffs, but this felts more like a transtion towards the next major arcs. Hopefully the anime continues

Goblin Slayer S2
    Not amazing, but a fine continuation. Some nice developments and I like that GS in his armor is now 2D at all times instead of randomly switching to 3DCG. I enjoyed it and would like more

Kanojo mo Kanojo S2
    Still as funny as ever and the dramatic moments hit well. Some good developments in this season, too. Very good

Kouryaku Wanted
    Honestly, the main duo and their antics made this a lot of fun. The CG animation was also good. Better than expected

Hametsu no Oukoku
    I liked it. It didn't have the best story or characters and mediocre production, but all the edge and death and bloodbath was entertaining and the MC's use of his powers was cool.
    Last edited by bassgs435; December 22nd, 2023 at 07:56 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    JJK: I actually thought Miwa was gonna die. Not just because of Mechamaru already being gone, but also because Yuuji was there to witness it.

Spyfam: Great episode, and the addition of the Anya stuff made it that much sweeter. Satisfied with this as the end for this season.

Saihate no Paladin S2
    Very good. The story was great, and I love seeing a dragon with no CG. That fight against Valacirca was great, as was the rest of the season.

Tearmoon Empire
    Pretty funny show. Mia's a great MC and the rest of the cast is great. I love how she grows and develops into a much nicer person in her quest for survival, and how everyone reacts to her. It's pretty fun

Spy x Family S2
    Pretty good. Yor got to shine a lot in the boat arc and the season was very fun. I love this show and hope it gets S3
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: