Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Fall Animu 2023: We Call It Fall Anime Because LEAF FALL DOWN

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Caught up on a bunch of the Fall season I fell behind on:

SLF: Might edge out SAO:Alt as my favourite MMO isekai at this rate. I just wish it didn't have as much "last time on" at the start of each episode.
    Apothecary Diaries: CSI Ming Dynasty continues to hit it out of the park
    Rons Detctive Agency: The ehrtiage twist is a bit uninspired, but the mysteries are always good.
    Eminence in Shadow: Part of me understands why the chose to only go 12 and end it there, but dammit I want more! Delta a qt.
    Helck: I really didn't enjoy the tone shift after the first arc, felt like it went too boilerplate. Combined with not actually finishing the story and it's a big miss for me.
    Frieren: Still great, but it feels like it lacks the episode to episode pull that some other shows have.
    Shut in Vampire: I'm always a fan of MCs who have to bullshit their way through. Like Helck it has tone chnages but it always bounces back. I'm very shocked that I could call out the priests VA after his first introduction.

I ended up dropping Overtake, Shy and Firefighter Daigo when I realized I spent an entire episode scrolling on my phone instead of watching it.

Kingdom of Ruin was kind of the opposite where a bunch of stuff happened every episode, but I really didn't care much about anyone. They all either had almost no development before they died or they did and it was to show what a bad person they were, and thus I didn't care if they died.

Still have to catch up on JJK, SpyFam, Magus Bride, DMDP, and Undead Unluck. The first 4 are all ones I know I like so I always leave them for last, but it'll give me something to do while grinding out Tunguska this week.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri
    Pretty good. The misteries were fun and Ron and Toto are great leading characters. Looking foward to the 2nd season

Dead Mount Death Play 2nd cour
    Pretty good. The plot and characters were fun to watch and there was some interesting visuals. Good stuff

Migi and Dali
    Very good story and characters. And it completely covers the manga too. I love this show and Sakamoto, so it's a shame the mangaka died so young. RIP Nami Sano.

Dark Gathering
    Pretty good and creepy horror show. I love the entire main trio, and how creepy each adventure is. The 2nd half in particular is really good horror stuff. Praying for S2

Hoshikuzu Telepath
    Pretty good. The entire cast was great, and I love their growth through the show (especially Umika and Yuu, love their relationship). Drama was very well done. Show also looked pretty good. Love it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

100 girlfriends
    Pretty hilarious harem romcom. While crazy comedy is the focus, it manages to land the more serious moments when it needs to. Super hyped for cour 2/S2
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

School Days looks better than I remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

16bit Sensation Another Layer
    As VN lover, I love this anime. It's a really fun story full of great characters and a lot to say about creativity and the past, present and future of the medium. Man, what a great show

Jujutsu Kaisen S2
    Hidden Inventory was great. Shibuya arc was a bit of a mess, but when it gets going, it's really fun and entertaining. Honestly, despite the flaws, still like it and looking foward to S3

Uma Musume S3
    While not as good as S2, still pretty great. That finale was amazing. I love this franchise, and am super hyped for the movie
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    JJK
    Well shit... That's certainly an ending. Bruh... Big phat L for Yuuji. Man lost everything.
    When I saw Yuuta's sword in the OP I thought he'd come in on some Deus Ex Machin shit to get Gojou back, free him and thus scare off all the baddies, but nah. Man came back to kill Yuuji. Bruh...
    I dunno if that boat was a School Days reference but if it was, well played.
    burn your dread you coward

Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon
    Pretty fun show. The plot is decent and entertaining and the cast is great. Komarin is a great lead, and I love when she gets to use her power Despite the production problems, the show can look great when needed. Also, love the yuri harem stuff
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I finished Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions. This is a really good detective show and I want season 2 to come out soon.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I marathoned 90% of SpyxFamily and Dead Mount Death Play.

SxF really picked up with the cruise ship. I was kind of checked out for most of the season, with nothing really having an impact or doing anything with the premise, but then we get a bunch of episodes focusing on why I enjoyed the show so much. It just hurts that it finishes on another 2 episodes of dicking around rather than at the end of that arc, even though Bond and Loid fighting fires was okay.

DMDP was just fucking aces throughout though. I just vibe with it so hard. There's so many things there that would annoy me in other shows. Constant new characters, powerups out of nowhere, befriending people who attempted to murder you're neighbourhood a minute ago, but it just works here. And even with that huge cast everyone has a distinct personality to them. It's one of those cases where Episode 1 really doesn't prepare you for what the show is actually going to do.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.