Page 388 of 469 FirstFirst ... 288338378383386387388389390393398438 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 9375

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, does anyone know if you can mess with the controls so you don't need the d-pad to select targets and conversation options?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Jailbait game?
    Larry Bird Jr is the ultimate crime man

Anyone here play SMT: IV? Not the spin-off game, the original game.

Finished it with the neutral ending and I felt like both angels and demons are grade a a-holes with nothing better to do than mess with humanity.

Banned
    That's the plot of every SMT game yes

Though I do believe I would have sided with the angels if I didn't get the neutral ending. Something about Walter being hypocritical and whatnot. I dunno, he felt like he was doing it to be better than the top guys, showing his power and making sure the strong survive, but the strong at the top says that he just wants power for himself.

Walter is a very confusing affair for me.

Chaos is basically might makes right, so it's not exactly wrong for him to want power. In Chaos, you're allowed to break free of the chains of society and class-systems, with your status being determined by how strong you are rather than your low birth standing. Even then, he does believe in that and since you in that ending are stronger than him, he does live up to his words.

Plus, I got the Law Ending by accident. It's crap. Trust me.

On a Persona note: Link Here for Images
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Twi; April 11th, 2017 at 08:38 AM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

That's the thing, might makes right only makes the strong stronger and the weak weaker. It's artificial selection where the strong gets to pick who lives and dies. How is that different from what the Angels are doing? At least with the angels, they have law and order to help them. The demons only want what's best for them. And I get that as a rule, you're supposed to look out for yourself, but what happens when the world's crashing and everything is in shambles? What good is being the strongest there is if you're the only thing left standing?

Ugh, I didn't need to think that far into it.

Anyway yeah, on a persona note, who would win, P3 protag, P4 protag, or P5 protag? In terms of in-game lore that is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyronyx View Post
    Anyway yeah, on a persona note, who would win, P3 protag, P4 protag, or P5 protag? In terms of in-game lore that is.
    Demifiend

Blog Entries
    The Amala Network makes it sure everything in SMT is related to one another so

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Demifiend
    no contest.

Law and order that exist on the premise that you have no free will. Remember, the only reason they were able to maintain that balance was by ensuring that people who were born in a lower class had no chance of advancement whereas anyone in a high class could do what they want. Navarre in the first game was one example. And while might makes right might be a lot more crueler, it's already how things are since in order to have law and order, you still need someone strong enough to enforce it.

Plus, there's no rule stating that the weak can't become strong, merely they need to strive for it. Even if it turns out to be a bloody path, it doesn't account for the character of the individual. The Demifiend is one example in the ending where they wish for the world to go back to how it was, another is the king of Bel, and just about every protagonist you play as since either you kicking in God's teeth, enforcing its will, or pushing all the supernatural crap into a corner and leaving humanity to stand alone.

In short, they're both the same thing. One just pretends otherwise and leaves you to grow soft and complacent while YHVH fattens off your worship. And even then, as the White pointed out, one leads to the other in due time when you have the Angels and Demons involved. That's why the Neutral Route is best route.

Also, has anyone read the Persona x Devil Survivor Crossover: Seven Days Survivor.
    Last edited by Twi; April 11th, 2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Demifiend ROFLstomps most SMT protags anyway.

But in the Persona-verse, who would actually win between the three latest protagonists?

Law and order that exist on the premise that you have no free will. Remember, the only reason they were able to maintain that balance was by ensuring that people who were born in a lower class had no chance of advancement whereas anyone in a high class could do what they want. Navarre in the first game was one example. And while might makes right might be a lot more crueler, it's already how things are since in order to have law and order, you still need someone strong enough to enforce it.

Plus, there's no rule stating that the weak can't become strong, merely they need to strive for it. Even if it turns out to be a bloody path, it doesn't account for the character of the individual. The Demifiend is one example in the ending where they wish for the world to go back to how it was, another is the king of Bel, and just about every protagonist you play as since either you kicking in God's teeth, enforcing its will, or pushing all the supernatural crap into a corner and leaving humanity to stand alone.

In short, they're both the same thing. One just pretends otherwise and leaves you to grow soft and complacent while YHVH fattens off your worship. And even then, as the White pointed out, one leads to the other in due time when you have the Angels and Demons involved. That's why the Neutral Route is best route.
    I get that. But I literally can't stop scratching my head at what both believe is right. Heck, if both sides just up and sat down and talked to one another, I'm pretty sure both sides can come to a mutual agreement... To the detriment of humanity.

That said, Law feels like the better path if you're taking either that or chaos simply because in the Lawful path, you at least have the insurance that people will actually live. While in the Chaos path, everything is decided by people's whimsy. Sure the lawful path is elitist and stringent, but it has to be. Otherwise we get stuff like demons and fallen angels that otherwise make things bad for everyone around them depending on their moods.

Banned
    3 is a door and 4 has no power in the physical world, so 5 just mercs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    3 is a door.
    I wonder where the doorknob is?

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Out of the three... P3 Hero has the biggest miracle/achievement of them and beats P4 Hero by virtue of having access to Fusion Spells but P5 Hero is more practical and a lot of what they do transfers over to the real world. So it depends on if you're ranking on accomplishments or a straight up fight. Only one thing is for sure... "Big Bro" is left with the short stick in both.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

P4 Protag has gigaswag though
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

3 is the edgiest one so it's the best

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    if the twins were romance options this would be bad
    The last two/three attendants were though

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    you never romance Margaret and I wouldn't really call romance to hanging with Eli and Theo

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Though I do believe I would have sided with the angels if I didn't get the neutral ending. Something about Walter being hypocritical and whatnot. I dunno, he felt like he was doing it to be better than the top guys, showing his power and making sure the strong survive, but the strong at the top says that he just wants power for himself.

Walter is a very confusing affair for me.
    Good to know you prefer that kind of genocide.

SMTIV Law is very bad, hot controversial opinion.

Alright, I'll stop ribbing you, but seriously, OG SMTIV was never a game where it was going to be anything but Neutral. You want nuance, play Apocalypse or something. I'm pretty sure an old member named Siriel mentioned before how Walter doesn't really have a coherent ideology beyond I'm strong, leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    you never romance Margaret and I wouldn't really call romance to hanging with Eli and Theo
    Lies, Laith, you know damn well Elizabeth and Theo did something to you in that room.

Margaret totally wanted you and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Gigaswag was never P4 limited, all three are swimming in women and the only way this discussion will end is waifu wars

>one of the answers for femme fatale definition being Elizabeth

top kek game

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean all of that is true if you live in delusion I guess