Page 7 of 469 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Ah but the difference is, a troll fakes douchery to rile people up for his amusement, but a true douche is a douche merely because he is a douche.

So sometimes, "troll" can be undeserved praise.
    Fair enough, but I truly think nothing of either, so separating the two in my mind is pointless. It's all mongrels and lowlifes to me. WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand before more stupid and angry things come out here, I may comment that with the possible release of Persona 2 part 1 (And basically it does feel that way) to America, odds are good part 2 will have nice chances to also have a reception with the rest of the RPG crowd. I don't know about you, but I do welcome the possiblity, since I pray that the older Demon Summoner games from PS1 and Sega Saturn could have another look. Better late than never.
    I'd say it's a good chance that both Persona 2 PSP games are coming here, but I highly doubt that old PS1 and Saturn games will unless they get remakes or ports to more recent systems. There just isn't enough of a market for PS1 and Saturn games today, and they wouldn't even make it to Gamestop or anything, so it'd be a poor choice for them to try and market that today. Let's hope some PSP versions are in the future for those games, though. I'd love to get an enhanced PSP version of SMT I and II.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Whelp Gilgamesh, I have nothing to say to you other than that I hope you enjoyed Final Fantasy III, and should you ever chance upon it, the Shadow Warrior Chronicles.

And I do have to admit, I am of the opinion that starting a thread is actually essentially worth shit, if you're lacking any sort of self-discipline. If you're so weak-willed that you cannot even muster the power to reiterate your stance on a subject even once, and resort to going LOLSHUTUPTROLL, you probably should never have taken a stance in the first place.

Your opinion is literally null and void of any worth.
    Keep silent, mongrel. My glorious thread is far above such trivial trifles.

Quote Originally Posted by squall06 View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Loved the first one. Glad it's coming for the regular DS and not the 3DS, although I'm surprised that is the case. Plot sounds interesting as well. Not as interesting as the first game's plot sounded to me, but I'm sure this will not disappoint.

>ad hominem

>not even followed by any sort of argument

>circular logic

Blog Entries
    I've been playing Strange Journey and LOVING it. A lot more than I thought I would, honestly. Fighting the final boss of the Neutral alignment route (I don't know if it differs for other alignments yet), and being irritated.

I do find it weird that I never keep a demon for more than 2 or 3 levels, though.

I got annoyed once or twice during Strange Journey as well, but not nearly as much as Nocturne, or in fact, not even as much as Devil Survivor. But I find it interesting that it seems everybody seems to have different opinions on which game is harder. Some people find Nocturne ridiculously hard and Persona 3 very easy, yet some people find Persona 3 very hard and Nocturne just moderately challenging. It seems everyone finds different games easy and hard. I've seen people say Persona 4 is really hard as well, but I never died even once in that game. Yet Nocturne and Devil Survivor kicked my ass. Maybe it has something to do with how we play or what our style of demon/persona gathering is or... something. It's interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    <mongrel
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Fixed.
    Not sure if you realize I am just writing you off with humor or not, but I might as well let you know that you will not get a rise or argument out of me. I have better things to do than get bitter and become involved in a hissy fight with some person on the Internet. I'm here to talk about SMT in this thread as a fan of the franchise, not bicker with you over trivial things. If you or anyone else feels the need to keep this up, I'll always either ignore or make a joke out of it, so you might as well not waste your time or try and get someone else to fight with you. Have fun doing whatever it is you think you are doing, though, it causes me nothing but some mild chuckles. Mongrel.

And that's my point.

Your lack of conviction for your opinions makes you the number one obstacle in any sort of serious or intelligent dialogue about anything.

You are the scum refuse that must be disposed of before any sort of real discussion can actually take place. I don't think your ideas are invalid, but so long as you continue to simply call people "troll" or "mongrel" simply because they want to discuss something you are not interested in, or because they disagree with you, you are literally worthless and must be eliminated. Now, I cannot ban you nor can I make you stop posting here, so all I can do is ming ming du and hope I can logic you into realizing how futile your existence in such a forum (which is, y'know, for discussion) is while you persist in being absolutely pointless.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Bitch!"
    "Whore!"
    "Slut!"
    "Skank!"
    "Reowr!"
    "Hiss!"

is all I am seeing here.

So you disagree with the idea that a person, who thinks he is in the right, to dismiss an entire person's input into a discussion thread, by just using a bland, blanket "internet bad word" of "troll", is counterproductive to the goal of forums, which is to have discussion?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I already said what I thought on that matter: if someone's being an asshole call them an asshole, not a troll.

You're both just catfighting now though, neither of you are contributing anything.

Well, I never really cared whether the "troll" label was rightly applied or not, to be honest.

My issue is just with the way he used it.

I'd have no issue if he called Exfm a troll, then went on to prove and substantiate why he thinks Exfm is a troll, and thus show why he does not think Exfm's input is worth consideration.

Instead, he tried to use implications of seniority (mentioning how he found it funny it was Exfm's first post), apparent ownership of the discussion forum (trying to leverage the fact he made the thread into some sort of authority), and then finally resorting to "I've been joking all along" to somehow imply he never took things seriously, and has the intellectual higher ground.

All to somehow justify the fact that 1) he's right about Exfm having no place in the discussion, 2) he doesn't need to admit he's wrong about SMT and 3) he does not even have to prove that he's right about SMT--because it's apparently self-evidently true.

So yeah, I'm contributing. By working to negate a negative influence on a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    You're both just catfighting now though, neither of you are contributing anything.
    Hm? I stopped. I told them I wasn't going to reply to them with that line of argument and I don't intend to. I'm just waiting for someone to reply to the other on-topic things I said now, so the SMT conversation itself can continue.

I already had the argument they want to have with me with someone else much earlier in the thread, and we both agreed we can't convince the other differently than they already feel, so we decided to drop it and talk about other things. I'm not going to have the same argument with three different people that come later because I know it will not reach a different conclusion and I made all the points I can make on the subject. If someone wants to call me worthless and ban-worthy because of that, go ahead. I just didn't want this topic to become a bitch-fest over such a thing.

Blog Entries
    Is Persona 5 actually confirmed?

Not that I know of, though Exfm probably would have a much more thorough understanding of the situation.

For now the most recent news I can recall are from last year already. Basically they've confirmed they're working on it, but we don't know about the details yet.

04satsujinki40
    it's interesting how the P4 stats dont show the division between pierce, slash, strike attacks. just physical. i havent played it but im not sure what's the better style, to put just physical or divide them into slash, pierce, strike?

hmmm

夜魔 Nightmare
    I think they just put in that one physical type to make the trial and error they turned new enemies into a bit more fair. I mean, it would have been so annoying if they kept all three and still nerfed scanning.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm...? Rain hasn't played P4? With your MegaTen craze I could've sworn you had.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

04satsujinki40
    Quote Originally Posted by GlanGR View Post
    I think they just put in that one physical type to make the trial and error they turned new enemies into a bit more fair. I mean, it would have been so annoying if they kept all three and still nerfed scanning.
    so ur saying they kinda simplified it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Hm...? Rain hasn't played P4? With your MegaTen craze I could've sworn you had.
    well lol. im currently in the middle of grinding in the journey (P3) and im enjoying Persona 1/Persona. it's distracting me. XD