Page 443 of 469 FirstFirst ... 343393433438441442443444445448453 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 9374

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's why Margaret is in charge of the Velvet Room in all the P4 spinoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It always struck me as odd that if they don't want to recast Igor then why not respectfully retire the character back to his original role as Velvet Room Persona Fusion duties and let Philemon come back into the spotlight for the plot cutscenes.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    At least for p5 purposes it’s because the Japanese love lame puns more then I do, that’s why
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean lore-wise if Phil comes back doesn't Nyarla come back as well?

Though I guess that could be a plot for the inevitable P6...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean lore-wise if Phil comes back doesn't Nyarla come back as well?
    Don't remember that being the case. :/

Although you have that interview where they say that Philemon is secretly watching over the heroes in his butterfly form - hence why they keep appearing like when Aigis gains access to the Wild Card after being touched by a butterfly in FES or the save points in P4 and (though I haven't played it myself) Q2 where apparently if you get a game over you see a butterfly and get a near identical speech to Philemon's game over speech in P2EP.

Regardless, they got around Igor in P5 but I suspect they'll have to address it proper some way or another when the inevitable P6 comes. I only brought up Philemon because I was never the biggest fan of Elizabeth/Margaret/Lavenza to be honest.

Blog Entries
    Dude I’ll give you Margaret and even lavenza to a certain extent since the twins were better but no Elizabeth? You godless heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I mean, the Velvet Room fusion person role could just go to today's member of the Frankenstein family in the next game, with Igor just, like, being vaguely alluded to

Y'know, the way it already is in the all of the non-main games
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It always struck me as odd that if they don't want to recast Igor then why not respectfully retire the character back to his original role as Velvet Room Persona Fusion duties and let Philemon come back into the spotlight for the plot cutscenes.
    Because everyone knows Persona starts with 3.

At least until Atlus starts running out of material for anime and they make some for the first games. It would probably be better than a Royale anime.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Because everyone knows Persona starts with 3.

At least until Atlus starts running out of material for anime and they make some for the first games. It would probably be better than a Royale anime.
    Man, don't get my hopes up. I still occasionally watch the animated trailer Atlus made for Persona 2 and weep at what could have been. T_T

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    oh right, Scramble is going to come after all

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Persona 5 Strikers ‘All-Out Action’ trailer

Looking for some rest and relaxation, the Phantom Thieves set out to begin their road trip, until a ruthless Kyoto detective enlists their help investigating a series of strange cases occurring across Japan… otherwise, he’ll arrest Joker. As they dig deeper into the mystery, they discover another realm where innocent people are being jailed and forced to forfeit their hearts’ desires by the whims of its ruler. In typical Phantom Thieves style, they’re going to use everything they’ve got to liberate the imprisoned, return their hearts, and strike back against the corruption in their most explosive fight yet!

Key Features

New Story and Sights – Persona 5 Strikers features a deep story campaign and thrilling combat that makes for a true Persona experience. Visit six different cities across Japan, cook tantalizing regional recipes, and lend a helping hand to those in need. Then, fight against the Shadows to uncover the source of the corruption within the Metaverse dungeons. Jump into the story whether you are a newcomer to the series or a longtime fan!

Fight with Style – Attack enemies in the hybrid battle system that fuses explosive action-combat with pause-and-plan sequences to decide your next strategic move. Gain an advantage over your enemies by ambushing them, striking their elemental weaknesses to knock them down, and deal the finishing blow with an All-Out Attack!

Harness the Phantom Thieves’ Full Strength – All Phantom Thieves are fully playable, so utilize each character’s specific skills and summon their Personas for smooth, elegant combat! Strengthen their skills and abilities and fight with your own style. Each character has their own unique suite of wide-ranging, flashy spells and magic to clear out big hordes. Have you ever wanted to fight as a giant cat bus? Well, look no further. Persona 5 Strikers is purrfect for you.[/QUOTE]
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how I fell about that "Rivers in a Desert" remix. I get needing to Rock it up for an action game, but my main draw to it is how clean and precise it is as a boss theme.

Damn this is going to be a full Spring for me. P5S, Bravely Default 2, Cold Steel 4, MarioRosalina 3d World, and maybe finally getting into Monster Hunter with Rise. Oh, and there's anew Guilty Gear coming out and Ram's back in.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I finished the Anguished One's route in Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. In Daichi's route, Polaris was like, "I'm going to test you to see if you have the right to change your world". But when you directly challenge her, , she's like,"You foolish mortals, how dare you". Though I suppose it's understandable. I also didn't know that there were other things besides Polaris that were managing the world before them.

When the Anguished One said he would make a new world, I didn't think he would just really reset it, and send them to the middle of nowhere. I thought like people would change or something like that. Yeah, I think I prefer Daichi's way just for the ending and because everyone can survive. I'll try the Triangulum arc like I said before soon.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    big picture, also actual spoiler I guess

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

I do gotta say they've nailed the P5 feeling. The combat is completely different but the cutscenes and dialogue are done exactly the same way. Definitely feels like P5.
    I'm not really impressed with the translation "quirks" so far though... Honorifics are gone and my weaboo OCD can't get over that. The sass-it-up filter is also more agressive here than in any other Persona game I played. But more importantly than that they're doing that thing of adding buzzwords into dialogue just cuz it's an overused word in internet lingo. As an example, not even two hours in and I've already seen "simp" being used. Like, yea the first arc definitely lends itself to that kind of joke, but leave it in the fandom will ya? It feels unprofessional. And given how consistenly good they've been in the past, this is kinda disappointing to see.

The combat is Musou with some Persona mechanics thrown on top. I'm still getting used to it as I'm not used to this control scheme, but it looks like it'll be a fun gameplay experience all around.
    Last edited by TomPen94; February 19th, 2021 at 11:43 PM.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Honorifics are gone
    My day is immeasurably enhanced by this news.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Very welcome change even though I was already used to hearing them by now lol

Are they calling everyone by nicknames/adding Mr. to their names or did they just ignore the honorifics entirely?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Very welcome change even though I was already used to hearing them by now lol

Are they calling everyone by nicknames/adding Mr. to their names or did they just ignore the honorifics entirely?
    Hard to say definitively. Among the Phantom Thieves the only one that uses honorifics with the others is Haru and she hasn't spoken much so far. Morgana's "Ann-dono" has always been translated as "Lady Ann" and that hasn't changed here.
    But Alice, being an idol, is called "Alice-chan" by a lot of her fans, and the text only shows "Alice".
    In the dungeon, the Shadows refer to her as "Alice-sama", but the text foregoes referring to Alice by name altogether and uses royal nouns instead, like "Her Majesty", "Queen" and such. I don't recall official Persona translations ever using -sama though, I think it was always replaced with Lord/Lady or Mr./Mrs.
    As for -san and -kun, I don't recall them being used so far. But I'd reckon they'll be dropped entirely, with some exceptions for -san depending on context.

Also yes I'm on the Japanese dub letmeweebinpeace.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    the translation allows ryuji to say fuck and for that i will forgive it anything