Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't know any of these people.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

anyone can translate what these skills are named? out of curiousity
    Last edited by Kyan_Zennaro; November 29th, 2023 at 11:28 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Oh Shinpachi is a Shinsengumi?

I don't know any of these people, besides vaguely Shingen.
    Nagakura Shinpachi was the captain of the Shinsengumi's 2nd Squad, and he's also the reason why the Shinsengumi are so popular and well-documented because he's the captain who survived and dedicated the rest of his long life to writing books about the Shinsengumi.

He's also widely known as the strongest Shinsengumi because "source: myself".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    that's amazing, I respect that XD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nagakura Shinpachi was the captain of the Shinsengumi's 2nd Squad, and he's also the reason why the Shinsengumi are so popular and well-documented because he's the captain who survived and dedicated the rest of his long life to writing books about the Shinsengumi.

He's also widely known as the strongest Shinsengumi because "source: myself".
    How modest...

Blog Entries
    i mean he lived so

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    i mean he lived so
    I thought the same thing when I read that. Doesn't necessarily mean he was indeed the strongest, but surviving does give him some points there.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wtf shinpachi is so cool
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh u can get exp ce 4* from fp gacha this event? thats cool

- - - Updated - - -

oh ok nobukatsu is p ez to NP5-ed alright
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle idpersona's Avatar
    mad max nobus arent real,they cant hurt you
    mad max nobus:nobu!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'll hold onto my Quartz for the vague possibility of Christmas Karl

I swear to god if it's the fucking fruit-

Quote Originally Posted by Entelecheia View Post
    Imagawa:
    What in the world is that floating next to/behind him? Also, damn is he purple.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyan_Zennaro View Post

anyone can translate what these skills are named? out of curiousity
    1: "blah blah, I will avenge my comrade" (paraphrased)
    2: Heavily Fortified Armor
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 29th, 2023 at 04:19 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    wow the new Hyakkiyako student sure is cute, huh

Her being a Shirabii is also a nice touch. Approved.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Story Summary - Prologue: Reverse Okehazama

A forest. The rain is pouring all around. There's a splatter of blood, and Demon Lord Nobunaga falls to her knees.

She couldn't imagine ever ending up like this. Her enemy towers above her.

They say that despite the strange road to becoming demon lord, right here in this place, right now, their destinies are at a clash. Still, Nobunaga is surprised at the sheer power of her enemy. Is this the power of the Holy Grail? We see the classic swirl of said item in the enemy, who says that with this wish-granting device, nothing will stand in their way. Not even her. Nobunaga isn't so sure about that, and just then Hijikata and Kagetora arrive on the scene, attacking the mysterious enemy. However, they easily deflect their blows, and wounds them both with a single strike. The enemy recognizes Kagetora, voicing their disappointment that she would be "misled" but Nobunaga like this, and while they don't recognize the "incarnated demon" that is Hijikata, they assure all of them that there is no greater warrior than themselves.

Kagetora turns to Nobunaga and says that there is no doubt they have been schemed against, and lured to their deaths in this place. Exchanging a glance with Okita, apparently a ways off, Nobunaga then makes a sudden turn and orders you, her Master (who's apparently also been here the whole time) to retreat. "Right here in this place, right now, there's no chance of us winning," she says. You promise to come back for the rest of them. Hijikata says he'll hold the line, and orders Okita and Saito to handle the retreat. Okita runs ahead, while Saito tells Kagetora to grab Gudao, putting them on her steed and rushing off.

The mysterious enemy thinks you all have some nerve to leave the battlefield like this, then turns to Nobunaga and asks if she's not also going to retreat. Nobunaga says that while it's both beneath her, there's another reason she can't do that: because this is what makes her who she is. More than being metaphorical peptalk, she says that because Nobunaga is who she is, she cannot retreat from this place, in this moment. From this moment on, the path to her becoming demon lord has been paved. This is her Okehazama!

Her enemy laughs at the truth of her statement. She who was once their greatest rival in life, the time has now come for the two of them to engage with the karma of their past lives. Energy swirls, and their eyes glow with an eerie purple, as the scene cuts out.

We switch to Chaldea's control room, where Mashu notices that Gudao's signal has disappeared from the instruments. It happened a bit after the rayshift into the singularity (which is specifically Okehaza, by the way), and Sion wonders if it isn't possibly due to interference. It seems they've also lost the signal of Nobunaga herself, so Nobukatsu demands a search party be sent out. Da Vinci said that the ones sent into the Singularity already were the ones with the best aptitude for it, so there's no way they can really top that, but Gordolf will work something out.

Back in the Singularity, as you dart forward on Kagetora's horse, her, Okita, and Saito wonder how they could even get into a situation like this. You were ambushed immediately after you rayshifted, with the enemy perfectly positioned, and even with your collective strength you were still easily outmatched. Regardless, you still have to make your escape, so Kagetora suggests crossing the mountains to the east, to head for Shinano. But from the shadows is heard "I won't let you escape", and a new enemy leaps out at you.

Kagetora says this is "just as expected of the best bowman on the Kaido" to prepare like this. Okita tells Kagetora to escape with you while they handle this guy, but Kagetora still manages to be wounded as she rides away. Even so, the new enemy doesn't pursue, because turns out, he's here for Okita and Hajime, captains of the first and third unit of the Shinsengumi. Here is where they will pay for their past deeds.

Back with Nobunaga, she unleashes her Noble Phantasm on the enemy, who merely comments on how truly powerful the flames of the demon lord, which swallows even the gods and buddha, have become. However, she would not be able to burn this enemy, even were they a god or buddha. This is the end for Nobunaga. The enemy cuts her down, and as she contemplates what a rare event Okehazama was for her, she disappears. Her now victorious enemy apologizes to her. It was a mistake to underestimate her as a fool in the past. This is why they put everything into this occasion. But Hijikata is still there and ready to avenge his fallen comrade, but even he is beaten easily. Standing now alone, completely victorious, the mysterious enemy realizes that they're perhaps not fully unscathed, and that a Servant of Chaldea is not to be underestimated either. Regardless, this is what it all has lead up to. As one thing ends, another begins.

It was here in Okehazama that the rival of their destiny was struck down, and so from hereon a new world will be laid bare. All by the hands of the best bowman on the Kaido---Imagawa Yoshimoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    there's a raid event.
    When's it start? I have a few exams coming up but plan to grind through the story during the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    When's it start? I have a few exams coming up but plan to grind through the story during the weekend.
    On Saturday.

Anybody recognizes the VA of Takeo Hattori? You can check his voice in the one battle we get in the prologue between him and both Saito and Okita.

- - - Updated - - -

A video to make it easier to check.

Story Summary - Chapter 1: License to Kill, M51

While you're unwounded, Kagetora hasn't been so lucky. She's been hurt quite deeply, musing about how Imagawa in life definitely didn't have such power, and also remarks that the wound seems to be slow to heal, even with the use of magic. She collapses on the ground, and tells you to escape over the mountains into Shinano. You go to pick her up to carry her over your shoulder, and while she wants to tell you to leave her, she knows that's not the kind of person her Master is, so she just goes with it and you get out of there together. And then, you end up at... a service area?

You're both quite shocked, almost getting hit by a passing truck. The rayshift destination was supposed to be the sengoku era, but this is all wrong. Is this also due to the holy grail? Regardless, you need a place to rest, so you look around and, while it's not an ordinary teahouse or an inn, there's something at least...

You're served food and tea by the apparent owner of the food truck.

The owner takes a look at Kagetora's state, and tells you that she also sells medicine if you need it. Kagetora graciously declines, but says she does have some questions she would like answered instead. She tells the owner that the two of you are just returning from a long trip away, and Shinano seems to have changed a lot during that time. However, the owner says that it's been like this ever since Imagawa changed the Kai and Shinano provinces into "Demon Kai" in the Holy Grail Rebellion. According to the owner, weaklings like you won't last long in this place, especially knowing as little as you seemingly do. Kagetora asks what that exactly means, and then you see something on the other end of the street. A man is being forced into a truck by soldiers, apparently being forcefully conscripted into Imagawa's ranks. The soldiers show no compassion as the man begs to be allowed to stay and take care of his old mother, as the soldiers just say that if you're old and unable to do anything you should just lie down and die. The owner explains that rather than just being conscripted, these people are sent to some sort of factory to be turned into magical Imagawa soldiers, to be used by Imagawa to rule this place.

More soldiers appear, having rounded up a bunch of children, and put them in a truck of their own. They separate the adults from the children, as adults go straight to the factory and children to some sort of sorting. The owner says it's best for people like you to just stay out of it if you know what's best for you. Kagetora agrees, but looks over at you with a smile. You say thanks for the tea, and ask Kagetora if she's up for the task. The owner starts trying to talk you down, saying one of you is wounded heavily and the soldiers are more powerful than they seem, not to mention you're outnumbered. Kagetora just smiles and says that she knows it'll be dangerous, that's why the owner should stay out of it. As you turn to leave, the owner stops you, having one last advice. She tells you about the "M51" ticket to be used when in trouble, and how coincidentally she's both selling it and is having a huge discount just in this moment, how about that? You agree to purchase a ticket, and before you can even consider that you don't know what an "M51" is, the owner has left you, gotten into her car, and driven away. Well, at least she won't have to worry about getting involved now.

By the trucks, an old man is "consoling" a crying child, when some soldiers come to investigate the commotion. They're confused why this old dude is here in the first place. Old people are useless and should be killed. One of the soldiers attack the man, but he deftly parries the blow, revealing a sword within his cane.

Uttering a classic "who are you calling old man", the obviously old man cuts down a soldier. Then another. And another. He didn't mean to get carried away, but what's done is done. This is the strongest of the Shinsengumi---Nagakura Shinpachi. Turns out the soldiers have no idea who or what a shinsengumi is, which riles up Shinpachi even more. He'll teach these kids who they're messing with. The soldiers have realized he's a stray Servant, which means they get paid more for taking him down, which should be easy since he's alone and also old. Just then, Kagetora jumps into the battle, introducing herself as Bishamonten, and saying "I'll be happy to help out if you'd like! Actually, I'll fight them whether you like it or not!", and so the fight begins. During the fighting, amidst a few occurrences of a soldier calling Shinpachi old and causing him to strike them even harder while yelling "I'm not old!", Kagetora reveals to him that you came from the west, which surprises him, as it would've made more sense to come from the north, I guess. Kagetora points out that one of the soldiers radiates much more energy than the rest, and you prepare for proper battle.

[Battle against <Soldier x2 & Imag(ical)awa Soldier> ] (the enemy name is a pun on
    Imagawa
    今川
    and
    Imagawa
    今魔川
    but the second one has "magic/demon" thrown in)

The soldiers are no match for proper Servants, so they realize they have to take out you, the Master. Kagetora feels her wounds catching up to her and is unable to act in time, so Shinpachi makes a dash for it to protect you, but it seems he won't make it in time. You close your eyes, awaiting the inevitable, and then...a gunshot. The enemy before you falls to the ground, and there stands...the shop owner from earlier?

Well, she says she has no idea what you're talking about. She just arrived here, since you're a client and there was a request. She points to the ticket, and says the words "Killer Sign 51". She introduces herself as the "
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    of Saika", and prepares to eliminate the rest of the enemies. "The Saika will now commence," she says, gunning down the rest of the troops. Following the words "Saika complete," she puts away her gun to check on her client. Kagetora asks if the "Saika" in question are the Saika Ikki, which she confirms is the case, saying she's with them, and her name is
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    . Having confirmed the children are safe as well,
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    confirms that the ticket you bought earlier, the M51, is a killing sign, to call out for the Saika. She also confirms that she was indeed the shop owner from previously. She just didn't think her secret identity would be blown so quickly. Kagetora is like "Yeah but it's just, you know, we saw you and... ah whatever", and thanks her for the help.

You figure you should get everyone to safety, which should be easy if you take the trucks, even if it's a bit far.
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    (well, having taken off her goggles I guess she's in her secret identity mode but we have no other name for her) pulls her car up and says she also has a sidegig as a cabbie, so she'll give you a fair price on that too. Shinpachi says Shinano is ruled by Imagawa so nowhere here is really safe, but there is "that guy" in the east which might be a good bet. That guy being "Takeda of Kai".
    Last edited by fumei; November 30th, 2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Thank you fumei.