Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2934373839

Thread: [FGO JP Event] GudaGuda 2023

Those links go to sites I either can't listen to or have to pay. Is it on youtube or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    Released on Dec 6th

https://anxmusic.lnk.to/8zC3U8
    Either it's not playable for me because it's broken or it's region-locked. If it's the latter, that's horrible.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Japanese wank so strong that even Cheldea that has beaten so many outworld enemies that have scales off the chart, including ORT but was at the mercy of some Jap dude just because.
    Eh, whenever Chaldea beats outworld enemies they tend to have some very powerful support from outside Chaldea itself. They had a huge amount of help vs ORT too. Without it they are not as impressive (see Morgan fight in Lostbelt 6). And we didn't have any such support in this Singularity.
    Last edited by Gelious; December 11th, 2023 at 02:09 PM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    this man thinks he's some kind of Uesugi Kenshin... which is true.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I got Harunobu instead of the old man berserker. At least he's decent I think?

Blog Entries
    Just thought I'd ask, but how are the translations for the afterstory of this event coming along fumei?

Haven't gotten to them yet, have some other stuff I have to take care of first. But I'll get them out within the week, so before the event ends at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Story Summary - Bonus stories

# Makai Gold Rush (intro)

Back in Chaldea, Nobu is "alive" and well again now that Ujizane is gone. Kenshin and Takeda tried settling their past score, but after a full day of fighting they got tired so now they're having lunch break in the cafeteria. Takeda also says he's just here until he beats Kenshin. Then, someone looking exactly like Magoichi Saika but wearing goggles enters and is like "I'm just a random merchant" but you all obviously see through it, so Saika just drops the act and has lunch with the others. She orders the spicy natto, and when Takeda tastes it, his whole body tenses up from the spice. Meanwhile, Okita is telling Himiko about how her prediction helped save the day. Shinpachi enters the dining hall too, in his new cool Drive (2011) jacket which he apparently bought from Saika's store to better fit in here.

Mashu rushes in and tells you there's an emergency. It appears the goryoukaku has started flying in the singularity again (even though it was supposed to disappear soon). Saika then remembers she had something for you, and hands you a treasure map. It supposedly shows the locations of Imagawa's leftover treasures he collected, or at least what might be left after spending it all on the castle. That's when you realize that there are a lot of servants you haven't seen the whole day. Turns out that a bunch of them rushed into the singularity on their own, hoping to be the first to get their hands on the riches.

So there's your objectives: get all the servants back to Chaldea, and fix the singularity once and for all.

# The Girl Who Loves Pure Gold

Okuni is in a cave, having Zanzaburo in mining mode getting gold for her. Chacha is there too, touting her "strong sense for finding gold". She wasn't with the "most golden man in Japan" for nothing, after all. After some time, the two finally strike gold. Chacha can finally go back to a luxurious life, while Okuni can make her own digital distribution service to avoid dealing with existing ones for her content. Also, she can moe-fy zanzaburo (while he, meanwhile, has a death wish).

You enter the cave with Takeda in tow (whose cave this actually is), startling the girls. When asked what they're doing, Chacha is like "I-it's not like the money I got from His Highness is starting to run out or anything...", while Okuni just says she was tricked by Chacha, and she isn't actually greedy. Takeda says he'll teach them both a lesson for this, to which Chacha says that apparently her hubby had actually promised her the Takeda's gold mines back in the day, so she was just getting a bit of an advance on it. But that's a no-go, so you fight.

[Battle against <Chacha & Okuni>]

(Reward is a Saika NP copy)

# Monster of the Mountain Pass R

In the mountains, you're told by a Nobbu driver that there's some kind of speed demon with a fancy car that's crushing them all in races and pushing them out of their territory here, so they need your help. Or rather, they need Takeda's help since they've sworn their allegiance to him, which shocks Nobu. Just as you ask when this mosnter usually shows up, you hear the screeching of tires. This monster, calling themselves the "Monster of the Mountain Pass R" is actually just Medusa, who immediately recognizes you. She's here to beat the nobbu in a downhill race, but they swap in Takeda to race for them since he's the fastest man in Kai. And then you race, I guess.

[Battle against <Monster of the Mountain Pass R & 5x Greece M Drives>]

# The Evil Secret Company T

You've entered the Imagawa remodelling factory, a prime location for some hidden treasure. Weirdly, this place was supposed to have been shut down, but it's fully up and running. Is Imagawa pulling tricks from beyond the grave? Nope, it's the Evil President Takasugi! He was hoping his plan to take over this place and use it to boost his kiheitai wouldn't have been discovered so quickly, though. Woops, he just outed his whole plan just like that. He's truly becoming a caricature of a cheesy villain. Ryoma is also here, I guess just like, hanging around? More importantly, Oryou asks Takasugi if he's seen Izo around, beceause they haven't seen him since they got here. Takasugi answers with a "What? Who? Oh, no, haven't seen him, too bad... Wait, I remember now!" and then proceeds to call on his newly modified heroic spirit, "Manslayer Okada".

Izo in his third ascension pops out, just shouting "NANJAAAAA!?" (TL note: "NANJAAAA" means roughly "WHAT THE HELL"). So, context for this is that the day before, Takasugi paid for Izo's drinks at the bar, and in exchange Izo signed a contract for undergoing remodelling, so that's how they ended up with this. Takasugi boasts that this new Izo is twice, or even ten times more powerful than before. The only side effect is, of course, that he can only say "NANJAAAA!?" Actually, Takasugi just needs Izo to beat you here so he can go on to build a new giant robot or something cooler, but first thing's first.

[Battle against <Takasugi & Okada Izo>]

In this battle, literally all Okada's voice lines, and all his skill names, have been changed to "NANJAAAA!?". Basically, you get to listen to him saying that over, and over, and over again.

# Imaging Daimyo

Out on the highway, Mori and Ranmaru have taken to motorbikes and flying swords, threatening anyone who gets between them and any treasure. Takeda doesn't waste any time saying he'll kick their asses, when suddenly, Ranmaru stops. She recognizes Takeda, except as the head of "Space Kai Takeda". One thing that remains constant between here and the servantverse, though, is that Takeda is always quick to break his promises. Well, Takeda thinks a beating from the sengoku period's most powerful rider will overshadow this trait as one that goes down in history.

[Battle against <Mori & Ranmaru>]

# Lone Gunner Saika

You've gotten back to where Saika's shop was, and so she asks if there's anyone you'd like to have "taken care of". Kenshin wonders who you'll name, and hopes it's Takeda, but you just answer "No Way/Just fight fairly", to which Kenshin replies "There goes my plan for taking over with a swift assassination-and-buyout combo..." Well, the only reason Saika's asking in the first place is because she's out of money, and indebted. See, when fighting for Imagawa, she had to borrow money for all the ammo she was spending, and the loan is just too big. Kenshin takes a look at the bank statement, and turns out that the interest on this is so high that she'll be indebted for her whole life because she'll always just be paying off the interest, and never the actual loan. Saika is shocked; the money lender guy seemed so nice...

Kenshin: "I don't want to be like that, but how were you ever able to be the head of a clan?"

Actually, the other clan members took care of this stuff, so she never had to bother. Either way, you go check with the loan shark. He's in the process of scamming some remaining Imagawa soldiers, who will use the money to get a headstart on the treasure hunt. Suddenly, Saika's calling card comes flying through the air, and a hidden Saika explains to the soldiers that the guy is setting them up for a scam. The soldiers are more interested in the fact that they think this is the previous Saika servant who should be dead, and who went against Imagawa, so now they're gonna kill her. Kenshin jumps into the fray, saying some dumb shit when Saika is like "No, please say the lines as we practiced them", followed by Kenshin giving a proper like Sailor Moon-tier intro line for both Gudao and Takeda. Takeda himself isn't even entertaining this whole thing, he's just here to beat up the loan sharks scamming people in his territory. Kenshin, on the other hand, is in full-on killing mode now though.

[Battle against <Imagawa Remnant Troops x6>]

# Melancholy of a War God

Elsewhere, another Imagawa soldier is forcibly collecting a bunch of salt from civilians.

Man: "Noo, not my salt! If you take it, It'll be bad when I need to cook my pasta..."
    Soldier: "Eat your soggy pasta and shut it, old man! And don't worry about the sauce either, it won't have any flavor to it!"

What a tragedy. The man prays to buddha for the sake of his pasta, saying he'll share information about the hidden treasure if he gets help. Kenshin in the form of Bishamonten appears then (reassuring him that she's not the scary lady from earlier), and straight up just blasts the soldier with her totally-not-cannons. As the soldier more or less disintegrates in the explosion, both Kenshin and the old man are left just staring, before the man finally says "I think you blew up the salt too..." Seems Kenshin overdid it. She's still getting used to controlling this thing, after all. Okita Alter who's also here now says she totally knows the feeling, because sometimes when she just has too much to eat, she ends up firing off her beam just because (to which Rengoku says "you definitely don't know that feeling"). Old man Li is also here, saying sometimes when he just lightly touches people, they fall over and die. Naturally, the logical thing to do now is for the two of them to fight Kenshin so that she can get better at gauging her output. As they all get fired up, the old man interrupts, asking them to get off his lawn first.

[Battle against <Li Shuwen & Okita Alter>]

# Kōyō Chinbutai Shinsengumi

Narrator Mashu explains that crime rates have skyrocketed because of the remaining Imagawa troops. As a result, Takeda (sick of all this stuff already) established an "off the recourd"-type special unit of killers to up security in region, with some help from Chaldea. This unit, called the Kōyō Chinbutai Shinsengumi, was made up of Shinpachi, Hijikata, Hajime, Yamanami and Okita.

Hajime: "No no, it's either Kōyō Chinbutai or Shinsengumi, not both."

The four of them argue a bit over their assigned ranks, with Hajime having become captain apparently because of his previous experience with this kind of stuff. Shinpachi apparently got in some trouble because when he was chasing some bad guys the other day, he blasted into a house and leveled it, after which Hajime had to do tons of paperwork. Hijikata is just sitting quietly in the corner, but for some reason he's still deputy director. Okita says that he's actually not supposed to be anymore, but he didn't listen, so... Either way, since it's just the four of them there anyway, they're all field workers at the end of the day anyway.

Gudao enters the room, apparently a new recruit for the unit. Okita tells them to be careful, because their latest recruit who joined just a couple days ago was already killed in a swordfight. Actually, Hajime interjects, they didn't die, they just packed up their stuff and ran away from the hospital in the middle of the night. Shinpachi laments the youth of today. Yamanami bursts into the room, reporting about some nobbus causing a ruckus up north. Shinpachi and Okita apparently can't really focus on the report, only focusing on Yamanami's outfit. The former thinks it's too "police-y" while the latter thinks it's "like a cool ninja outfit". Meanwhile, Hajime just thinks to himself that the guy wearing a Drive (2011)-style jacket and the girl not even wearing any pants probably shouldn't be ones to talk. Anyway, fight time.

[Battle against <Careless Drive Nobbu x6> ]

# Mountain Attagirl

In the mountains, Komahime and Rikyu are hiking. Well, Komahime is already tired of it. They're only up here because Rikyu saw some camping video on the internet. Komahime would have much rather just driven up here, had some grilled food, and then go home to sleep in her own bed. Just a nice bit of glamping. Rikyu, on the other hand, is insisting that camping is a good way to get in touch with nature and how people lived in the past. That's why they have to make everything on their own, from food to bedding. Komahime says she's definitely not fit for figuring that stuff out, but thankfully, they have two guides with them who are experts in ancient lifestlyes: Iyo and Himiko.

The camera cuts to the two of them as they discuss what they're gonna eat first from all the snacks they bought at the nearby service station. Maybe a rice ball? Or some curry? Perhaps Komahime would like a melonpan? Gudao arrives at the location and asks what's going on. Komahime says she can take not a single step more, unless of course she happened to get one of the soft-serve icecreams from a nearby store that they passed earlier. Rikyu, losing her temper, blurts out that they don't have time for this. If they don't hurry, someone else will get to the treasure first. And there's the true reason they're out here. Rikyu didn't just suddenly and mysteriously become interested in camping. Rikyu, having been found out, decides to flee the scene, except... she shares a body with Komahime, who already told you she's not taking a single step more. She urges gudao to punish Rikyu quickly. When she's told that she'll be injured as collateral if they do, she just says:

Komahime: "I would rather be hospitalized for emergency care than be out here."
    Rikyu: "Risking one's health and safety for the sake of being lazy is quite the move."

And then you beat her up.

[Battle against <Sen-no-Rikyu> where she's automatically stunned in the first turn]

# GUDAGUDA Bar-Hopping (Final node)

Mashu reports that the goryoukaku has started descending again. However, unlike last time, it's very slow. Something's not quite right. Furthrmore, its current position is at Okehazama. You head there immediately, and the slow descent really was like it was just landing. However, when you enter, there are no signs of anyone. Surely the castle didn't just get up and move on its own, right? Suddenly, a voice is heard, laughing at you all for being fooled.

???: "I won't let it be...! Defeated at Okehazama? The fall of Imagawa? That...can never be allowed to happen!"

You recognize this voice immediately. It's Demon King Nobunaga(?). Okita first sighs at more rogue Nobu breakaways, but suddenly realizes. The Demon King is using "boku" as personal pronoun. Could it be this is actually Nobukatsu?

Demon King Nobunaga: "It is not I, it is my sister! I am the 'Demon King of the Seventh Heaven: Nobunakatsu'!"

Nobu tries to explain that you're not supposed to just keep counting up, but gives up quickly. Nobunakatsu explains that when they heard their sister was defeated by Imagawa, they immediately rayshifted to Okehazama. When they later confirmed the fact, they were overcome with grief. In their grief, they were overcome by thoughts such as "my sister is the strongest of the sengoku era", "there's no one stronger than my sister", "there will never be anyone better than my sister" and so on, and at the height of those feelings, the grail suddenly appeared to them. Thanks to it, they were clothed in the remnants of Nobunaga's Saint Graph which lingered at Okehazama, effectively turning them into a yorishiro (an item made to attract and house spirits). In short, it's the same as Ujizane did with Yoshimoto, more or less. Now, with her power, Nobunakatsu will crush Imagawa Yoshimoto, who killed their sister.

Except, well, you know, you already beat him. Nobunakatsu stares at you blanky. Saika relates that they all teamed up with Chaldea to take him down, and it was an epic battle that will echo through history.

Nobunakatsu: "So...I have to give back my sister's Saint Graph...?"
    Nobunaga: "Give it back."
    Nobunakatsu: "Do I have to...?
    Nobunaga: "Of course you do! It's no wonder why that big me wouldn't manifest."
    Nobunakatsu: "Ok but if you think about it, we're actually stronger when I'm fused with my sister like this...and now the grail has responded to my wish by giving me an opportunity to absorb the remaining two thirds of my sister's spirit, creating a wonderful future for us!"

Takeda thinks back to his own brother, who supported him against all odds. He likes Nobukatsu for what he's trying to do here, trying to avenge his sister and all. That's why Takeda will deal with him. Nobunakatsu is all like "Do you really think you can beat me, the demon king of the seventh heaven", when Takeda just asks if he hasn't heard of the man who made his sister cower away in fear. Katsu thinks there is no such man, and we cut to a blushing Nobu saying she wasn't scared, she was just waiting for a good time to strike (totally). Takeda reveals some more embarrassing stuff about Nobunaga that she said, making her blush more and more. Kenshin feels the need to add that she was feareed by both Nobunaga and Takeda, but when hearing her name Nobunakatsu just goes "The military god echigo, Uesugi Kenshin, who my sister died on the shitter!!"

Kenshin: "She said what!?"

Anyway, Nobunakatsu reveals all the treasures were actually here in the castle all along and he's using them as power source, so he'll just beat them both and become the strongest version of his sister. In that case, Kenshin says, she'll also get serious, and goes Bishamonten mode, while Takeda dons his legendary armor.

Nobunakatsu: "The aura of someone who died on the toilet suddenly disappeared..."
    Kenshin: "No further comments necessary!"

[Battle against <Demon King of the Seventh Heaven, NobunaKatsu>]

Takeda is throwing a feast for everyone to have fun now that you're all done.

Mashu and Saika are having a moment where Saika calls her "Mashu Senpai", because if she's serving Chaldea now then that's obviously how it goes, and Mashu gets all flustered about it, while Saika is just thinking to herself that it was some devious ploy to be able to stay in Chaldea longer.

Riyku is telling Komahime that if she only eats meat she'll become a fat fuck, urging her to have some greens, but the young lady refuses. This is to make up for all the barbecuing they missed on that camping trip. Iyo being the nice girl she is gives her meat to Komahime, and komahime in return gives Iyo her veggies.

Takasugi is talking to Izo, saying he's already apologized countless times, asking how much more he has to do it, but Izo still just replies "NANJAAAA!?" Takasugi's brilliant plan to cure this condition is to get Izou stupid drunk and make him vomit out the excess magical energy. Oryou goes ahead and just pours drinks down Izou's throat.

Okuni is showing her new video to some others. Chacha thinks it'll definitely go viral. Mori is apparently doing some paperwork about this, and Ranmaru is ready to distribute on a cosmic scale. Or well, turns out Earth's primitive technology makes transmitting data too slow, so it would take millions of years for this video to reach Ranmaru's planet.

Okita Alter is telling Kenshin about how cool her cannon is, and while Kenshin accepts the compliment, she has to remind her that it's a pagoda, not a cannon.
    Okita Alter: "Oh I see. In that case, can my rengoku be a pagoda too?"

The Shinsengumi are all drinking together, having a good time, when Shinpachi suddenly decides to apologize. It's been nagging at him that he didn't follow the shinsengumi til the very end. That he didn't fight with them at the goryoukaku. But Hijikata says that's a lie. He did fight there. Except it was here, in Kai. But it was still the same castle. They all fought together. And that's why they can all happily drink together now.

Nobunaga in her demon king form is talking to...Nobbu, but like, looking like the regular Nobunaga? I guess she just split her saint graph. Anyway, they've apparently bound up Nobukatsu as punishment. Not only that, but he's being forced to act as a stool for his sister. Maou-nobu at first tries to soothe the situation by saying Nobukatsu didn't mean anything bad by it, before changing her mind and going "no, he definitely meant something bad by it, but it was still for my sake".

Nobukatsu: "Oh what great words from my sister...! Please put more of your weight on me...!"

Smaller Nobu thinks Maou is too soft on Nobukatsu, to which she just replies "you're one to talk", which the former doesn't really understand, but then ignores, just telling her to return to their collective Saint Graph when the feast is over. Nobukatsu asks if he can join too, but is answered with a quick "No thanks".

And so, day turns to night, and the drunks are all on their last legs. Saika has also fallen asleep, dreaming about her future life in Chaldea. Mashu is dreaming about finally being someone's senpai. The only ones still up are Takeda and Kenshin, and so he tells her to follow him. They enter some sort of bar, and are greeted by Kipposhi nobu. They sit down for a drink and reminisce about old times. Kipposhi laughs at their stories, thinking they're both dumber than he thought. When Takeda says that he doesn't want to hear that from the fool of owari, Kipposhi says that if they compare the two, Takeda didn't manage to beat Kenshin a single time, while Nobu beat Imagawa. However, Kenshin just goes "That was pure luck, wasn't it?", with Takeda reaffirming "That was pure luck".

Regardless of the outcomes, Kenshin smiles when thinking back to all the moments they shared in the past. Takeda then points out that Kenshin has come to be very expressive compared to before. He doesn't understand how becoming more of a god made her more human at the same time, but here they are. Hearing this, being called human, Kenshin gives a bright, wide smile. Takeda just smiles back, until Kenshin gets flustered, and tells him to pour another round. Takeda says this one's on him, as he's in a good mood today.

And then, suddenly, another patron walks in, wanting to have a drink. It's Ujizane! Or actually, Kipposhi points out this is the actual Yoshimoto. They ask if he's come to avenge his son, and when he asks "if I were, what would you do?" and everyone readies their weapons, he just gives a soft question in return: "Ujizane...did he fight to the fullest?" Takeda says he was no less of a warrior than his father, and Yoshimoto smiles.

Yoshimoto: "I placed a great burden to bear on Ujizane; one I did now wish for him to bear. I feel bad for him, no matter how well versed in the military he was."

Takeda thinks back to his relationship with his own father, and when they try to comfort Yoshimoto by saying that they're sure Ujizane knew this deep down, Yoshimoto says that while that may be true, it only annoys him to hear it. Kipposhi then suggests something entirely different: they should fight at okehazama one last time. The greatest bowman on the kaido, against these three great warriors. What a battle it would be. However...tonight, Yoshimoto is only in the mood for a drink. Takeda offers him a seat, talking to him about his father and Yoshimoto's relationship. Kenshin chimes in that she wishes she could've fought him once in life. Meanwhile, Kipposhi sits quietly, their hands sweating. When asked about it, they just bring up the battle again, and at the end of it all, they say that Yoshimoto can be the Demon King's associate, if he wants.

Yoshimoto: "This body of mine is like a fleeting dream, made manifest by a vanishing grail. So I only want for us to drink to our hearts' content tonight. With my enemies...and the great heroes who lived in that era."

THE END.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prayer emote

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    Released on Dec 6th

https://anxmusic.lnk.to/8zC3U8
    Can't play in my region, damn. Hope they'll make it available here eventually.
    Rin ballin battin

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lol, gudagudagags.

Thanks for the TL.

- - - Updated - - -

Komahime being too much of a fucking zoomer to camp is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thanks for all the translations, fumei.

God I hope we'll get the real Yoshimoto eventually, he seems like a great guy.

夜属 Nightkin
    If anyone is still looking for the song, I found it on bilibili. Is it OK if i link it here ?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Go ahead.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Go ahead.
    Ok, thanks!

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV19H4y1C7AF