Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] GudaGuda 2023

Story Summary - Chapter 8: Kaido Supreme Leader, Yoshimoto

--- Arrow 1 ---

Flashback, December 13, 1867, in Aburanokoji, Kyoto.

A drunk Ito stumbles along after what he thinks was a successful discussion with Kondo, now thinking the Shinsengumi will take better to his situation. However, Shinsengumi soldiers quickly catch up to him, stating he must die. Even drunk, he easily avoids their blades, and cuts them down in return. As he does this over and over, he thinks to himself that it's quite naive of Hijikata to think Ito would be killed with this number. But suddenly, he is stabbed in the back. There was another one, hiding. Okita Souji. Ito could never have guessed that they would deploy such a seriously sick person to do this. That is his reason for losing here. As he falls dead to the ground, we see another flashback, when he first joined the Shinsengumi. He was invited by invitation of Todo, and was commended by the other members for his smarts. He looked forward to working wtih all of them, and the flashback ends on a happy Okita greeting him. In the alleyway, Okita bids Ito farewell, as they prop up his corpse as bait. Such was the assassination of Koshitaro Ito, of the Imperial Tomb Guard.

Back at the flying castle, Saito and Okita recognize the name of the castle as the place where Hijikata fought his last battle in life. Ito says that it's just so, and that it was picked partly because it marks the end of the samurai world, serving as a sort of epitath. Of course, this isn't the actual castle, but a newly designed recreation of his. Maybe he might even be so bold as to call it "Super Goryoukaku", he says, but Okita just says that's lame. Saito asks how the castle is able to fly, and Ito explains that the Goryoukaku is in the shape of a pentagram, and by using this shape it has the ability to amplify the power of the holy grail. It can then also feed that energy into the master of the castle, who will then be able to wield power beyond a regular Servant. Thus is born the "Supreme leader on the Kaido, Yoshimoto". Ito then goes ahead and explains all of his plan until now. At first, they had to mine a bunch of magical ore, which meant they had to control Kai and Shinano. Then, they would have to keep waging war against Takeda and Uesugi so that the construction of the castle would go unnoticed. Turns out Kenshin actually manifested as a response to them breaking the rules of the holy grail war. Then they had to prepare for Nobunaga's arrival and Imagawa's revenge on her. He's then kind enough to also explain the Imagawa clones. Basically, he creates these by absorbing another Servant, and then like using them as a base and draping them in his magical energy. So one of the clones is actually from an absorbed Magoichi. He says they killed Magoichi after he was wounded in battle against Takeda, to which
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    says like "but you said Takeda beat him...", and Ito responds with "He beat him, but we didn't say what happened next". Anyway, the other clone is from an absorbed Nobunaga.

Now, Ito says their end has come. Their only means of escape would be to jump from the castle, and that would just make them sitting ducks for a master Archer like Imagawa, of which there are two right now.
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    says she'll hold them off so the other two can escape, since she has a reason to fight back now, but Okita knows that's a death sentence. Instead, she asks Ito about his knowledge of the future, and just how far ahead that goes. Ito is taken aback by the suddenness of this question, and says that while he had help from the grail to build this thing, he definitely brought in knowledge and technology etc that was unthinkable for this era. Okita then just smiles, and says "alright, you wanna see what I brought?" Ito doesn't get it. What is she talking about? And then...

Everyone is in shock. Was she wearing her swimsuit under her clothes this whole time? Okita dashes over to Saito and
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    , and starts levitating with them in the air. Now Ito is in even more disbelief. How can she fly? Okita (J. Souji) realizes the camouflage is still on, so she disables it and reveals what's on her back: a futuristic jetpack. And then, she just blasts off, with Ito left dumbfounded.

While in the air, Saito asks Okita why she even brought this in the first place, and we see a flashback of before they left for the singularity, in which Himiko had told her that she had a dream telling her that a sickly swordsman needed to bring a swimsuit to the singularity. And well, there's only one sickly swordsman (there's Takasugi but he wasn't going on the expedition anyway). Himiko just tells her to wear a swimsuit instead of underwear, just in case. And that's what she did. Okita brags that not even Ito, who's so smart, noticed this, but Saito is just like "how the hell would he notice?" Suddenly,
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    starts firing her gun into the air. Turns out one of the clones was shooting their bow at them, and
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    just barely managed to deflect it. But now, the other clone shoots as well, overcoming a distance normally impossible, and with no time to dodge, one of the jetpacks are hit, and the group start falling faster.

Back in the castle's throne room with the "real" Imagawa, he asks how Ito could let them escape, but Ito's just like "what do jet packs and swimsuits even remotely have to do with each other?" Anyway, now that the castle is in the air and moving it's not like anyone will be able to interfere anyway.

--- Arrow 2 ---

At the hot spring, Shinpachi has to explain to Kagetora what the castle in the sky is. He says it's a shogunate castle which was the final battlefield of the shinsengumi. Kagetora then goes "Wow, a flying castle is such a shogunate move!" Takeda ignores her dumbass, noticing something in the sky, and then goes "what's that in the sky?", to which Kagetora goes "it's a castle, duh". Of course, that's not what he's talking about, and before you know it, Okita and the others come crashing down into the water. More than anything, Shinpachi, being an old man, throws a fit because of how Okita is dressed, but she just says he should see some of the other swimsuits in Chaldea. Moving on from that, they explain everything that's happened (with Okita changing back into regular clothes). They then explain
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    's sitatuation, and somehow Takeda's first thought is just "let's kill her then", and when others disagree, he's just like "she shot me!" Well,
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    is fine with being killed by him at this point, but she has a question for him first: was it Takeda or Ito that killed Magoichi? Takeda doesn't outright answer the question, only asking what
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    would do with that information. If he killed him, he killed him. If Ito killed him, then he killed him. How does that change
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    's goal here? Is this what's the basis for her Saika?

We get another quick flashback to her life in the past, with Magoichi (presumably at the end of a conversation) saying "that's my Saika", then asking
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    what hers is. The flashback ends right there, and back in the present, Takeda says he has something to give her too, and then hands her a gun. He then says she can figure out the rest on her own from here. Turns out that's Magoichi's gun, which I guess he gave to Takeda before dying, and told him to hand it to someone claiming to be of the Saika. Takeda didn't really care about the reason, but he honored the request.
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    then leaves to think about some stuff for a bit. Kagetora asks Takeda to clarify if he did kill Magoichi, but he just repeats the same answer he gave to
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    . Kagetora doesn't understand what that means, but he just says that she doesn't need to understand, because it doesn't have to do with her.

Moving on from that, Saito and Okita relay the whole destruction plan to you, and Takeda quickly figures out that they're going to crash the castle into the place where Kenshin was, Kawanakajima. Basically, that place is a location where all the leylines (dragon veins, for those keeping track of the different usages) of Kai and Shinano intersect. Kagetora calls the intersection point the "dragon's den", and says that it then makes sense why Kenshin was stationed there, if she was using it to replenish her abnormal amount of energy. So basically, they crash their huge magical reactor castle into that point, and everything crumbles. Or that's the idea, anyway. So, really, it could've been that Kenshin was actually stationed there specifically to protect the one super-vulnerable point from being abused. Well, since it's moving slowly, you have approximately two more days to stop it, so you decide to head back to Takeda's base for now to formulate a plan.

Meanwhile, in the forest a ways off,
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    is pondering what to do. Suddenly, you arrive there with Shinpachi, asking
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    to tell you about Magoichi. She starts by recounting how she was brought here as a slave from a faraway land, and how she became a Saika. She mentions how many other abandoned children were taken in, and how they learned to wield guns and became a force that altered the courses of war in many places. Eventually, with the overbearing rise of Nobunaga, they stopped fighting for the sake of the weak like they were originally, and just fought for money, and once they realized, it was too late. Magoichi was someone who tried to get them back on track, but he was betrayed by his comrades and killed. After that, the clan eventually dwindled and died off, because they had become as much of everyone's enemy as they were their ally, and thus could not stand on anyone's side anymore.
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    had left the clan to avenge Magoichi, but she was never able to accomplish that either, just like is the case here and now. In the end, it's always her, a dumb fool, who's left behind alone. But Shinpachi says that it was Magoichi who summoned her here, so she must be here for a good reason. To protect the weak. With newfound resolve,
    Firefly
    Hotaru
    asks if your contract with her is still valid, because now she'll fight as her own kind of Saika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Raineh Daze's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    "What does it matter if I killed him or if it was some other person"

odd logic there, takeda

Blog Entries
    Lu Bu / Moriarty works nicely, i can stop getting too much bond on my Morgan

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So... from what I could understand, the Singularity was a proper HGW until the Caster, which is presumably Ito, used the Saint Graph of defeated Magoichi to make a clone of Imagawa. Kenshin then manifested as the arbiter due to the rule broken by Ito. So that means she wasn't originally in the HGW.

But from what Ito said, there should be a third Imagawa clone harboring Kenshin's Saint Graph, which I guess is gonna be the penultimate boss before Kagetora's power-up and confronting the true mastermind.

It also seems like Ito isn't the Caster, though? It's kind of hard to say still.

Also we did just fight four Imagawas in the raid, so I'm assuming three of those were Nobunaga, Magoichi, and Kenshin.

Just finished farming all the currency. Now left with needing to farm for points. I dunno if farming for points via raids is better or not. The drops and Bond EXP are certainly worth but that's about it.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The QP? The QP seems a great option to me; I got to 2 bil earlier but spent a bunch so I wasn't totally wasting it.

Still got like 5 million points and way too many gold and silver mats (guy doesn't drop the bronze, how rude).

As for why I spent it:

BOND POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh Daze View Post
    The QP? The QP seems a great option to me; I got to 2 bil earlier but spent a bunch so I wasn't totally wasting it.

Still got like 5 million points and way too many gold and silver mats (guy doesn't drop the bronze, how rude).
    QP is nice but I wanna farm Christmas lotto since I *need* the FP farm so it doesn't matter too much.

Also, on another topic, I just realised that I could use my Merlin in my NP2 Ptolemy comp instead of my Koyan of Light. That's gonna be a nice Bond saving so I can stretch the bond farming a lot more.
    Last edited by manafusion; December 3rd, 2023 at 02:03 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle M@koto Kisaragi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Endabend View Post
    Unrelated, but I was looking over Imagawa's game assets on atlas and, compared to Kenshin, yeah there's no way this dude is anything more than just a boss enemy, same with Hattori. I do find it interesting that Imagawa is regarded internally as a 5* while Hattori is a 4*, though.
    Oh it is legit
    Oof now this is way harder to see, at best they will be released later, i can see Takeo to be in part 2 banner alongside Kenshin but i'm unsure
    They are not a "Christmas material servants" neither, as it has Nasu who write it and Traum locked, so it Will either Ephemeros or Karl involved on it, but again i'm unsure and so are we

Unrelated, nice capitalism gay god pfp right there lel

Blog Entries
    The bond and QP are too good to miss. Also the new mat drop is pretty good as well. Hattori is sure living for longer then expected though.

Wait, the Drive Nobs that appear at the start of combat and give item drops can also give the 5* shop CE!?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Wait, the Drive Nobs that appear at the start of combat and give item drops can also give the 5* shop CE!?
    They do. I've got two thanks to the Nobs.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think I've got like 3 MLB copies of it now...

Blog Entries
    I think Hattori can survive until the chapter update

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So, finished with the raid on my end. About 2.5-2.6 billion QP farmed (yes I was completely out), 371 runs against this guy and all my gold and blue apples, I have over 6 million points for a 3 million point ladder, and after buying out the gold and silver mats on the shop I still have over 10,000 of each mat left. On the plus side, I did get nearly 700 of those random purple balls whilst being too lazy to finish LB7 and start Ordeal Call yet. Also hit bond 10 with Draco and got nearly halfway to bond 13 with Castoria when I'd forgotten to give her a bond grail for ages.

Blog Entries
    shit i forgot 2b is max qp

NVM, I went to check. It was raised to 2b. But I feel like we should've gotten a higher cap. 2b is relatively easy to get.

JP Friend Code
    I forgot I have a NP5 Fujinon lol. Now only need her Buster card to oneshot.

Also this is the first time I amassed 1 billion QP. Feels good man

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    NVM, I went to check. It was raised to 2b. But I feel like we should've gotten a higher cap. 2b is relatively easy to get.
    It's not hard if you remember to farm it, but I am bad at doing things between events... and even then, that does rely on not using it.

Unfortunately, I farmed the raid not with bond CEs or QP CEs but with mat CEs. That being said, I still hit 600m QP and I got a really solid amount of bond.

- - - Updated - - -

1.1m (x something) boss HP left. Still got 20m left. Will the boss die before 18:00 JST?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, kon has an interesting setup. NP4 lvl 90 Kintoki + NP2 lvl 90 Ptolemy + double Oberon. His Kintoki does 1.8m to the boss. I assume it's boosted by Class Score. He uses both Oberon's S3 onto Kintoki.
    Last edited by manafusion; December 3rd, 2023 at 04:47 AM.