Page 201 of 498 FirstFirst ... 101151191196199200201202203206211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 9941

Thread: Fate/EXTRA CCC - No Spoiler Zone

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    You're definetly not the only wrong getting the social darwinism vibes, but I don't remember exact quotes, and I don't have the patience to go through this game a second time.
    End of Week 3, the stuff she says on week 5 Day 6, a lot of her "grrr Leo grrr" stuff could be interpreted as "I hate the law and want war," from the top of my head.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    If the law is oppressive, you'd hate it too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I do but that's neither here nor there

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    End of Week 3, the stuff she says on week 5 Day 6, a lot of her "grrr Leo grrr" stuff could be interpreted as "I hate the law and want war," from the top of my head.
    Read http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post633365 this part again. It sounds nothing like that. Leo is all hopped up on a power trip and Rin exposes him. Then Leo points out the compassionate nature she tries to hide.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Why is this going to escalate into a history debate when the basic point he made but stretched out with examples has always been refuted with simple logic.
    Because this is Beast's Lair and de-rails are the status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Holy shit rats you figured out how people act when they're being defensive. You're like a more handsome Batman, the way you can deduce things like that.
    Aachaa and Ronnie, I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Like me some dark meat.
    Interview with Rin in the booklet says that she doesnt want something wasteful like a war. I just sort of misremembered her position because I don't care enough about Rin to really pay attention to her, and her social darwinism undertones in a few parts rubbed me the wrong way. By the time I got to Twice with Rani, my memory of Rin was screaming "Man, I bet that bitch would love this guy!", and I trusted it since it usually only leads me astray when booze is involved.
    Oh, Mcjon, why are you so awesome? It's like I can't read even half of your quotes without cracking up from the delicious snark!

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If the law is oppressive, you'd hate it too.
    Pretty sure just about anyone would hate being oppressed unless the alternative was far, far worse.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh that bad cropped status screen still bothers me.

Also, Leo(nard) doesn't have power trips. He is just saying the true and stuff.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Huh that bad cropped status screen still bothers me.

Power trips you say?

it's ironic because avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Oh, Mcjon, why are you so awesome? It's like I can't read even half of your quotes without cracking up from the delicious snark!
    Honestly, to me, they're pretty flat.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    Talking does not prove the point.

You need to show them how it is done.

Blog Entries
    Your humor is too avant garde. People don't get it, so they're always going to think you're either a simple asshole or a moron. I peddle to the masses, which is why I'm more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Talking does not prove the point.

You need to show them how it is done.

But I did.

;_;

Your humor is too avant garde. People don't get it, so they're always going to think you're either a simple asshole or a moron. I peddle to the masses, which is why I'm more popular.
    Well I thought it was funny. :D

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I laughed.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Abusing it in the sense of abusing it
    for their own game, mikes remark
    about "Leo and his friends" kind of
    smacked of tyranny for personal
    gain, should have specified.
    Well, they still live as almighty kings of the world. Leo is practically modern Gilgamesh himself. Hard to believe that their oppression is not beneficial for them.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; July 17th, 2012 at 02:46 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Her form of freedom goes a bit too far for my tastes, because she goes social darwinist on our asses a few times. And when the strong rule the weak have no freedom.
    Yes, which is why you need a society where everyone is equal. Which is not a dictatorship....

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two notes on that, while the harways are the controlling power, its worth noting they aren't abusing it. at all, even Rin never says anything like that, and Leo is a fanatic, he certainly isn't going to change the principle of Harway rule, he makes a few speeches about proper allocation of resources and spread of goods to do the most good.
    They might not be abusing it now, but it will inevitably happen eventually. There is no oversight and no way to get rid of a corrupt ruler. Not to mention that being in absolute power results in a very strong temptation to abuse that power, especially when you're already murdering opponents and the like.

Further, even if they're not abusing it for their own gain, they are definitely abusing people who are opposed to them. Whether or not they are doing it for the "greater good" or for their own personal gain, that is still totally unaccpetable. No-one has the right to abduct and murder people on the basis that they think they might be "dangerous".

and secondly, because this just reminded me, on the warmonger Rin thing, that's actually flat out rejected by Rin in week seven. she actually notes that because the Harways stopped all wars, in that regards their reign was a good thing, but eventually she came to the conclusion that the price tag of mistaking stagnation for peace, and the fact that nobody was truly happy, was just to high.
    Exactly.

she rather self deprecatingly describes herself as a selfish and impetuous girl who would rather choose chaos over order.
    How the hell is risking your life for freedom "selfish"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Abusing it in the sense of abusing it for their own game, mikes remark about "Leo and his friends" kind of smacked of tyranny for personal gain, should have specified.
    Not really, that's just how all dictatorships inevitably turn in the end.

In a dictatorship, the most important quality needed in a member of society is the ability to agree with the person in power. As a result, people who genuinely believe in the cause almost invariably get locked out, because no two people will ever agree on everything. Conversely, people who just want power will invariably find a way to con their way into it, just like Stalin did.

Of course, the same applies to democracy too, but at least we get to choose which power-hungry moron we are ruled by....

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    The state of nature, as understood, does not refer to a total absence of order, but rather an absence of common order, IE, a order over all persons within a region, IE, government. Familial institutions and smaller scale social constructions do not disprove it.
    Which would be a bad thing why, exactly?

Insofar as an example, prehistory would obviously give us groups of humans on a small scale without organization, but that's highly useless to the argument because of the uncertainty inherent in it. To something observable, most state collapses. The Horn of Africa in recent times, China post WWII, some areas of Russia during the Civil War, all situations where organizing authority has broken down for a large part of the population.
    Yeah, I recall at least some of those places working just fine. Russia, for instance, managed to form anarchist communes which worked just fine until the government crushed them. And, similarly, in Spain just prior to the Civil War, anarchy worked perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by redsilversnake View Post
    Not necessarily. Rin's definitely the better of the two, but it's important to remember some of the things the chaos she prefers would entail. Leo may be fighting for permanent worldwide authoritarianism, but Rin is basically fighting for the status quo.
    That's oversimplifying it a bit, but I don't think even Rin considers herself "just plain a good guy."
    She's risking her life to fight to overthrow a brutal dictatorship. How is she not a "good guy"?

Her exact beliefs are not important in defining if she's good or bad, what's important are her actions. She willingly put her life on the line (with a very high chance of losing, too) to fight for freedom from a brutal dictator and save all the innocent people they will murder in cold blood for disagreeing with them, which makes her very definitely good.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Read http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post633365 this part again. It sounds nothing like that. Leo is all hopped up on a power trip and Rin exposes him. Then Leo points out the compassionate nature she tries to hide.
    "Compassionate nature"?

The guy called 70% of the world's population "expendable". How the fuck is that "compassionate"?

He seems like he's on a pretty fucking big "power trip" to me. He has absolutely no right to decide that people are "expendable", or to force everyone to follow his dictats. What right does he have to decide how everyone else should live?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    "Compassionate nature"?

The guy called 70% of the world's population "expendable". How the fuck is that "compassionate"?
    I meant Rin's. He mentions her's.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, I recall at least some of those places working just fine. Russia, for instance, managed to form anarchist communes which worked just fine until the government crushed them. And, similarly, in Spain just prior to the Civil War, anarchy worked perfectly fine.
    Gotta love that Somalian paradise :V
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shhh, Leo, don't hit the anarchists with realism, they don't like that.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Gotta love that Somalian paradise :V
    It's like One Piece, except with AK-47s and you actually die.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    It's like One Piece, except with AK-47s and you actually die.
    Wow, you die in Somalia, you die in real life??

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, you die in Somalia, you die in real life??
    Cliche plot, wouldn't watch.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute