Page 3404 of 3980 FirstFirst ... 2404290433043354339433993402340334043405340634093414345435043904 ... LastLast
Results 68,061 to 68,080 of 79595

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If you're into hot takes, I present you with this twitter thread about everyone's favorite topic, the immense complexity of Jeanne Alter's character.

I especially like how the guy basically all but writes Latent Heat of Sublimation. Alas, he isn't aware of the larger implications of his understandings, just a step away from realizing that wait, this all might not be a good thing.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it really a 'hot take' to just loosely summarize what's already known of the character from the story itself?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    'JAlter has no reason to exist beside being Gilles's fever dream in a chapter that is barely not Septem, actively avoids having substance or bearing comparison to original Jeanne, offers no commentary on anything, and all her content is based around her utter pointlessness and vacuousness, literally all she has going for her is sex appeal, and this is a good thing' is a pretty hot take

JAlter was the true void that allows the story to progress all along. She should replace Musashi.

- - - Updated - - -

It's doubly funny that JAlter is indeed not a corruption of original Jeanne, but instead Gilles's headmate waifu with expressly nothing to call her own, and she proceeds to refuse him to become your waifu with expressly no substance.

And the fact that your waifu is a lump of no traits but reactive is a good thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The weirdest part is that the guy just ends the thread and calls it a day before getting into any of the stories that actually try to explore Jalter as a character.

US Friend Code
    Jalter bad

- - - Updated - - -

I did actually like her in the ServaFes event but that has been the only time ever that I wasn't annoyed by her presence.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    'JAlter has no reason to exist beside being Gilles's fever dream in a chapter that is barely not Septem, actively avoids having substance or bearing comparison to original Jeanne, offers no commentary on anything, and all her content is based around her utter pointlessness and vacuousness, literally all she has going for her is sex appeal, and this is a good thing' is a pretty hot take

JAlter was the true void that allows the story to progress all along. She should replace Musashi.
    I don't think that's a fair summary of the OP's views. It sounds like you're projecting your own understanding onto the author of the piece. And personally, I think the idea of Jeanne Alter as someone born from the hatred the real Jeanne rejected, an impossible existence that never should've been born but still screams for the right to assert her feelings are real is an extremely interesting one. Having not played GO I can't speak for how it was handled in the story itself (given the quality of the early chapters probably not great) but I can see someone latching onto the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    Here.
    Thank you.

Dislikes: Earthquakes (They're the archenemies of sculptures);
    You'd think those would be fine during that. Then again, that Kamen Rider statue still standing after a earthquake and a tsunami was so inspiring to people...

○ Maiden of Sculpture: A
    A skill that displays that she's a being born from a sculpture carved in ivory. As a Servant, she has the properties of an inorganic thing in her Spiritual Body. Because the components of Mystery of her anecdote engraved in human history cause her to "have been a sculpture". That means that fundamentally she is in a conceptually overlapped status of "being human but also being a sculpture". Even in the case that her body is damaged, it will be fixed back to normal if it's put together. In battle, she can become harder than the average Servant if she steels herself. This means she can control her percentage of "human" and "sculpture" with her will. It's also possible for her to be in a status of 100% human, or 100% sculpture.
    I like this though, it's very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    that's comun's tumblr
    This must be so awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Jalter bad
    Yes.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not as awkward as the TvTropes forum, where the "this is Comun's tumblr" was posted by 3 people at the same time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I think it's pretty funny how some writers quirks still come out even in the english translation, though I guess that's just the translation doing its job. Its fun to observe for me, at least. Especially since it makes people spreading misinformation regarding who wrote what fun to point out (Sakurai writing Shinjuku, Minase writing LB2 and Nasu writing Ooku being the more amusing ones I remember seeing)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's doubly funny that JAlter is indeed not a corruption of original Jeanne, but instead Gilles's headmate waifu with expressly nothing to call her own, and she proceeds to refuse him to become your waifu with expressly no substance.

And the fact that your waifu is a lump of no traits but reactive is a good thing.
    I mean, conclusion aside (which reads more like "read the rest at home") everything in that tweet was pretty much spelled out in-game. Nothing of a take, hot or cold.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Jalter herself, she'd be interesting if she got more character development than "terminal tsundere because". I like tsundere characters, so I like her, but the more she shows up the more the "actual hatred" bit turns into "just tsundere antics". Or to put it another way, fan content Jalter has supplanted the "real" Jalter for a while now. Heck, fan comics are starting to turn the other way to explore the "edgy" Jalter more often now.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Kriemhild should've been the fiery avenger controlling dragons tbh.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Kriemhild should've been the fiery avenger controlling dragons tbh.
    Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sick of seeing edgelord Kriemhild in fanon sheets and whatnot so I kinda hope that TM steers clear of that angle as well.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Greedlord Kriemhild
    Where's my money

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    I don't see anything wrong with Jalter developing and looking for something more than hate to fill her life. Much better than if she just stayed a broody edgelord forever.

Thing is, a) that's what an Avenger's whole schtick is supposed to be- hatred forever, for the sake of hatred, thrashing against a world that tries to erase and forget them and b) she's not alive. Not a human in the true sense, just an imperfect copy of one. You could do so much more with her as a character railing against the powers that be, trying to define herself despite being a hollow existence the world rejects, than "tsundere for Mastah". The Hawaii event showed a bit of that, her trying to channel her passion into something creative instead of edgelording in her room, but BB being BB pretty much hijacked that plotline.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; April 19th, 2021 at 03:33 AM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Thing is, a) that's what an Avenger's whole schtick is supposed to be- hatred forever, for the sake of hatred, thrashing against a world that tries to erase and forget them and b) she's not alive. Not a human in the true sense, just an imperfect copy of one. You could do so much more with her as a character railing against the powers that be, trying to define herself despite being a hollow existence the world rejects,
    I mean fundmanetally do you think the writers havfe the chops to do that? and nasu n co insist servants cant learn or evolve or move on but thats clearly not the case by basic observational skills

US Friend Code
    Yes I do think the writers have it in them to make her more than just a typical tsundere waifu, they give plenty of other characters more than that. They even already tried with Jalter in ServaFes before reverting back to it again afterward.
    Last edited by Reign; April 19th, 2021 at 02:36 AM.

This is your monthly reminder

Next time you consider bringing up their Alignment as mattering or being even remotely related to a character, remember that Ereshkigal is supposedly Chaotic Evil, while Meltryllis is Lawful Good
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

something something alignment is related to how the Servant views themselves something something.

Also, something something summer alignment shenanigans something something.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Still waiting for the first “Summer Bride”-aligned Servant