Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    lol, what friends? We're talking about Ice Queen Arthur here.
    Her best friend is a guy who wants to kill her for not being punished for sleeping with her wife.....yeah

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Friends are still friends, no matter how much they want to murder you. A yandere's love is still pure.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I was pretty surprised when I went to Wales actually, there were a lot of people speaking Welsh.

But yeah, it's a lovely place.
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; July 25th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Wales itself is fine but Welsh as a language and distinct culture is slowly going the way of Cornish.

That is to say dying out.
    Ah, the price of a metropolitan society.

Given the history of the British isles and their native cultures spending centuries and centuries fighting every other invading culture from Rome to the Vikings to preserve their own way of life, I suppose that kind of cultural wasting would be seen poorly by Arturia, even if the culture that eventually "conquered" hers was an amalgam that included other locals and even some pieces of her own.

I guess its just hard to imagine how an ancient figure like Arthur would feel about modern constructs like the Nation-State and Post-Industrial social models. I mean, what she fought for isn't dead and buried like some civilizations ended up, but it didn't exactly win the proverbial war, or even survive very intact.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Wales itself is fine but Welsh as a language and distinct culture is slowly going the way of Cornish.

That is to say dying out.
    Welsh has been making a comeback in Wales these days, I've heard.

The amount of Welsh speakers have actually been going up for some reason.

It's an interesting phenomena.

But more on the point, of course Arturia would be upset.

The people she fought against won and took over all of her nation's former territory and eventually drove them back into a solitary corner of an island that was once fully theirs.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I guess its just hard to imagine how an ancient figure like Arthur would feel about modern constructs like the Nation-State and Post-Industrial social models. I mean, what she fought for isn't dead and buried like some civilizations ended up, but it didn't exactly win the proverbial war, or even survive very intact.
    I don't know about that. Apart from place names and a small amount of Welsh culture, there really isn't much left of her country. It's deader than the Native Americans in terms of culture, in terms of biology I suppose its pretty intact.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Does the imaginary trigger in magecraft have to do with the person who taught you, somehow?

We know of Rin whose is heart being stabbed by a dagger, which sounds a lot like Kotomine(and/or Tokiomi), and Shirou's gunhammer which definitely sounds like Kiritsugu.
    Last edited by Ratman; July 26th, 2013 at 03:25 AM.

I'm not sure if this has been answered somewhere already but what exactly does being a Planet Terminal mean? Does Merem have some kind of weird connection with Gaia that gives him the Demonization ability? Or does the term Planet Terminal have nothing to do with the planet itself?
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Does the imaginary trigger in magecraft have to do with the person who taught you, somehow?

We know of Rin whose is heart being stabbed by a dagger, which sounds a lot like Kotomine(and/or Tokiomi), and Shirou's gunhammer which definitely sounds like Kiritsugu.
    I wonder what Sakura's is like.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Gee, I wonder what Sakura associates with the practice of magecraft. I can't possibly imagine an experience that we know is directly related to the opening of her circuits.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Spinning?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hugging
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Having worms crawl up her cooch.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Gee, I wonder what Sakura associates with the practice of magecraft. I can't possibly imagine an experience that we know is directly related to the opening of her circuits.

Who knows really, it might not even be something sexual.
    Tokiomi got her element, and we know that takes some magical investigation, so it might have been done there before the crest implementation in the Matous.

After all, her spell incantations aren't in Russian, her magical knowledge might stem further back than the Matous.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Tokiomi got her element, and we know that takes some magical investigation, so it might have been done there before the crest implementation in the Matous.

After all, her spell incantations aren't in Russian, her magical knowledge might stem further back than the Matous.
    Ehhh the Matou could be deutschophiles as much as the Tohsaka. Never hear anyone from the family other than Sakura chanting so not really anyway to make a conclusion on the language they use. But since most folks seem to use something other than their native tongue, it would be a pretty easy assumption it wouldn't be Ruskie.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post

Unless I'm misremembering, Rin was able to divine Shirou's element without having him run od through his circuits and that last bit is highly unlikely for the same reasons she went to the Matou in the first place. No training two heirs.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Unless I'm misremembering, Rin was able to divine Shirou's element without having him run od through his circuits and that last bit is highly unlikely for the same reasons she went to the Matou in the first place. No training two heirs.

We don't know what she did exactly, besides using sage and asking questions.
    And you don't have to train two heirs, but they obviously have to find out that she was a superchild somehow. Otherwise there is no need to panic about sending her if they don't know she is special in some way.

@Kelnish
    Nah, Zouken is all for Japan, which is strange, because his rival/sweetheart is German made.

I'd believe that she was emulating Rin more than them being otakus of German culture.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is all pretty stupid considering rin opened Shirou's circuits.

Banned
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Last edited by Fingolfin; July 26th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    This is all pretty stupid considering rin opened Shirou's circuits.
    Not in Heaven's Feel, which is when she diagnosed his element.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」