Page 243 of 430 FirstFirst ... 143193233238241242243244245248253293343 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Thief of Light
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    This. You'll note that both in Ep.8 and in the end stinger for Ep. 16, Dust delivered by the Fang, presumably stolen from Schnee, was stored in carefully padded individual boxes. I strongly suspect that Schnee Dust Company takes very good care to make sure that its Dust shipments take place with extreme safety precautions, particularly when shipping bulk cargo. After all, forget about the violence of combat; think how often ordinary industrial errors happen. A storm at sea rocks the boat, causing cargo to shift, a train derails, a cable breaks causing a container to drop, a drunk or inattentive crane operator swings a crate around and bangs it into something...Considering that a chain reaction that could eliminate the entire boat/train/shipping yard could result if one of those containers blew, spending significant money on transportation safety is easily justified by the potential losses that even a minor accident could cause without those kind of precautions.
    Schnee Dust Company: Treats their products better than their employees.

EDIT:

Then again, I don't want to be isolated in some padded box. T'were I the company's employee.
    Last edited by Vriska Serket; November 9th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    I have discover the answer!

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    That thing is cuter than it had any right to be.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    ...Though actually, unless Pyrrha gets shown with general invulnerability or bad heels, she'd fall in that category, too. Her name is Greek, and her weapon-set (spear and shortsword, plus shield) echoes the Trojan War period, but the only reason to say she's specifically Achilles as opposed to Theseus, Diomedes, Ajax, or any other notable Greek hero is that Monty specifically said her inspiration was someone who cross-dressed. So she's like Ren, linked to a culture but not an individual.
    Not really true, there is another reason.

See, back when his mother Thetis wanted to keep Achilles away from the trojan war, she brought him to Skyros to live with the king Lycomedes while dressed as a woman as to conceal who he truly was from the greeks who sought him out. Naturally, Achilles was a manly name and he couldn't keep it for his stay.

Some accounts of this story have him call himself Pyrrha while dressed as a woman, and off the top of my head I am 100% sure the Opera of it, at least, does use it as his womanly name. Despite the fact the opera is only 250 years old and Homer was totes dead by then, it can still count when attempting to figure out which Greek hero Pyrrha is based off of.

So yeah, there was another reason to believe that Pyrrha was Achilles. Not exactly a well-known one, but still.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    That thing is cuter than it had any right to be.
    I echo this sentiment.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    I echo this sentiment.
    I third it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Thief of Light
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    I third it.
    I'll eighth it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith View Post
    See, back when his mother Thetis wanted to keep Achilles away from the trojan war, she brought him to Skyros to live with the king Lycomedes while dressed as a woman as to conceal who he truly was from the greeks who sought him out. Naturally, Achilles was a manly name and he couldn't keep it for his stay.
    I didn't know that. I thought he was just called the ugly one.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vriska Serket View Post
    I'll eighth it.
    I'll raise it to the seventeenth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Not really true, there is another reason.

Some accounts of this story have him call himself Pyrrha while dressed as a woman, and off the top of my head I am 100% sure the Opera of it, at least, does use it as his womanly name. Despite the fact the opera is only 250 years old and Homer was totes dead by then, it can still count when attempting to figure out which Greek hero Pyrrha is based off of.

So yeah, there was another reason to believe that Pyrrha was Achilles. Not exactly a well-known one, but still.
    Cool, education!

Also, because Moczo sucks at self-promotion... (Seriously. He does. I mean, he showed me a meeping baby sloth video a couple of months ago and never mentioned it here.) I thought I would point this out:

http://moczothe1st.tumblr.com/post/6...s-weiss-part-i
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Cool, education!

Also, because Moczo sucks at self-promotion... (Seriously. He does. I mean, he showed me a meeping baby sloth video a couple of months ago and never mentioned it here.) I thought I would point this out:

http://moczothe1st.tumblr.com/post/6...s-weiss-part-i
    Grand!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I didn't know that. I thought he was just called the ugly one.
    Depends on the exact telling of the story, but that is part of the one on how Odysseus got Achilles to join the war. When they couldn't have Achilles found, he went disguised as a merchant, put out a bunch of baubles and then a bunch of weapons. The woman who went for the weapons was Achilles (and that ignores the example of characters such as Atalanta doesn't it?).

Edit.
    As for Moczo's short work, Weiss is scary.
    Last edited by Grant; November 10th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    I dunno, I think Odysseus wouldn't have been entirely disappointed if he could have gotten women like Atalanta in on the war.

I mean, worst case he can just try again and eventually he'll get Achilles.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Depends on the exact telling of the story, but that is part of the one on how Odysseus got Achilles to join the war. When they couldn't have Achilles found, he went disguised as a merchant, put out a bunch of baubles and then a bunch of weapons. The woman who went for the weapons was Achilles (and that ignores the example of characters such as Atalanta doesn't it?).
    Rather, Odysseus laid down a bunch of stuff including weapons, and then made it sound like they were under attack. The women and children freaked out, but Achilles picked up a shield and spear and went to see what's up. That's when Odysseus was 100% sure he'd found his mark.

Because just looking at weapons wasn't definitive enough for Godlike Odysseus.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    oh yeah

that means Monty is voicing Mulan. =V
    I would like to point this out:
    So yeah expect another episode of the times and trials of Jaune Arc, genderbend of a lady who dressed like a dude.

Kind of like Achilles when he dressed as a woman at his mother's behest to keep him out of the trojan war, Thor that one time Heimdall asked him to dress up as Freyja and Freyja helped, and Mulan when she dressed like a man.

JNPR is now team crossdressing genderbender.
    I called all of this stuff a month ago.

SLOWPOKES THE LOT OF YOU

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    This isn't being slowpoke, this is BL's patented recursive posting about the same seven things over and over.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    "disguised themself in the other gender of the other character"

Since I still cannot make a link between Lie Ren and Mulan - maybe it's some guy who disguised himself as a woman?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the trick is that Ren is actually female and we're looking at this the wrong way round!

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Thief of Light
    Maybe that's why Nora's so adamant that she and Ren are not dating.

Though now I'm imagining Ren pull a Naoto Shirogane. And Monty trying to sound feminine.
    Last edited by Vriska Serket; November 10th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Maybe the trick is that Ren is actually female and we're looking at this the wrong way round!
    Same here
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Well, there is Lie Ren's symbol: a flower. Most assume it's a lotus, but (unless it's been officially stated somewhere) it could be a magnolia. A magnolia is what Mulan's name means.