Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

Blog Entries
    >The animosity was mostly his because he realized this no-named asshole might be able to take him on.

I don't think such thought ever appeared in his mind.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    yeah it was just "r u havn a giggle there m8"
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    IIRC that most of the tension was on Gil's side. He was uncomfortable about being around the Faker. The animosity was mostly his because he realized this no-named asshole might be able to take him on.
    Nah, it's just derision for being a walking affront to his kingly sensibilities.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Maybe I have some weird standards, but there are some things which one should try regardless of the hope of succeeding.
    Sure, but all this scene told us is that Archer valued killing Shirou more than protecting Rin.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    shirou and ilya were damsels in distress in fate, rin, saber, and arguably taiga were damsels in distress in UBW, and HF was literally the sakura damsel route.
    This is without even bringing up the ridiculousness of singling out Rin being a 'damsel in distress' when Shirou fulfills the same narrative role in the Fate route, Saber does in UBW, and Heavens Feel is literally just "here is a woobie, feel feelings for her because she is a pretty girl in a shitty situation and you should want to protect her like Shirou does" the route.
    Well I got an issue with both of these. Shirou for all intents and purposes becomes a damsel until he activates his Shonen protaganist modifier. In every route. That, and by the flow of the narrative alone, it kind of breaks the damsel trope since it flip flops so often.

Even when people are calling Sakura a damsel, she black ops saves Shirou at the temple, and the gang in the forest while killing herself doing so, and has to be told not to come help every two seconds, so the damsel trope is skewed. Shirou in Fate is captured, pretty much saves himself as he is being saved. Ilya counts for the trope. Shirou in UBW is saved from Caster, but is then threatened by his rescuer, and then it interplays between rescuer and rescue for the rest of the route. Shirou spends HF trying to help Sakura, but Sakura also saves him, with or without his knowledge.

It's an equal opportunity eroge. Sometimes. Most of the time.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    in the fate route shirou was kidnapped, brought to a literal castle where he was to be preferably seduced and if not made bow to the whims of the master of the house, until his knight came to save him.

it couldnt have been more damsel in distress if when ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like bowser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Man now i have this mental image of Illya in a plush-suit of bowser, with the mouth beeing the opening of the hoid with her face sticking out.
    And Herc bursting out of Wario's clothes in the background.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    it couldnt have been more damsel in distress if when ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like bowser.
    Someone give me this please.

Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    why is it so necessary not to have a damsel in distress again

its a common story trope

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post

its a common story trope
    It's about ethics in anime storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post

its a common story trope

nothing at all, I (and I assume one or two others) was calling out elf for saying rin having her turn in the damsel hot seat was somehow punishment for being to awesome when so many other characters, both major and minor, went through something similar.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    You get punished for being too proud in your independence, you get punished for being over-reliant.

I like this Nasu guy.
    Maybe the message is that everyone gets punished?
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    the message is nasu has a bondage/helplessness fetish and tries to work everyone in at some point or another.

thats literally it.

Blog Entries
    yes but that something more is usually

(and also, this person hasn't got laid in a while)

Blog Entries
    Nasu is rather rich, he should afford prostitutes.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    thats not how being rich works

Blog Entries
    also when he originally wrote fate he wasnt precisely rich. IIRC most of the money tsukihime made went into getting fate produced.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought Tsuki was some super sensation in the doujin market. I guess most of it would go towards the funding of a company but still, I doubt Tsuki left him poor.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    didnt say it did, hence the use of "wasn't precisely rich"

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you know where you have that tsuki money poured into fate thing though, I don't think I ever heard that and getting more info on production history sounds cool.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute