View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 807 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978028058068078088098128178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 16,121 to 16,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    The one upside to all this is that the existential threat of fascism appears to have fired up the base enough that they're finally putting guns to the Dems' heads and forcing them to fight or be replaced.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, are we having political discussion now? Sounds like fun.

Seriously though, regarding the morality of punching Nazis (and it's pretty incredible that this has become a seriously discussed topic as of late)... I think once you say that somebody deserves to get beaten up and/or killed for reciting the wrong views you've taken a major step in the wrong direction.

To be sure, Richard Spencer and his white nationalist/Fascist ilk are horrid people with horrid ideologies, but simply punching him or anyone in the face is not going to solve a damned thing and indeed only furthers an atmosphere of radicalization which people like him thrive upon.

I could go into more detail, but I don't want to turn this into some kind of essay. If anybody has any commentary, I'll reply. Otherwise I'll leave it at this.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify one last thing, I don't sympathize with Spencer personally or anything (I have no problem with people who found it cathartic to watch him get punched), I just feel that such violent interventions are both ethically dubious and aimed more at self-satisfactory indulgence then any supposed political goal worth seeking.

Blog Entries
    Well it solves the pressing problem of his smug face being unpunched
    That's something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    The one upside to all this is that the existential threat of fascism appears to have fired up the base enough that they're finally putting guns to the Dems' heads and forcing them to fight or be replaced.
    I'll believe it when yall actually primary people
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    One punches Nazis to solve the problem of Nazis thinking they can publicly Nazi it up and not get punched. Spencer indicates this to be an effective solution.

Also Spicer is apparently now accusing Iran of attacking a Navy vessel b u t h e r e m a i l s

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Iran captures sailors was a headline not long ago

Blog Entries
    One punches Nazis to solve the problem of Nazis thinking they can publicly Nazi it up and not get punched. Spencer indicates this to be an effective solution.

Also Spicer is apparently now accusing Iran of attacking a Navy vessel b u t h e r e m a i l s
    The thing is, it's not going to change Spencer's views or even stop him from speaking. It just means he's probably going to bring along a fascist security entourage with him wherever he goes now. If anything, that'd only bring the whole situation closer to the kind that led to a violent overthrow of the state in the likes of Nazi Germany.

Banned
    https://theintercept.com/2017/02/02/...an-act-of-war/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The thing is, it's not going to change Spencer's views or even stop him from speaking. It just means he's probably going to bring along a fascist security entourage with him wherever he goes now. If anything, that'd only bring the whole situation closer to the kind that led to a violent overthrow of the state in the likes of Nazi Germany.
    You can't change Nazis and nobody but idiots intends to. Spicer has literally retreated to his mother's basement and thinks they can't have a public movement.

Blog Entries
    I fantasize about black men sleeping with my wife.
    Last edited by I3uster; February 3rd, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Iran captures sailors was a headline not long ago
    Didn't that happen, like, ten years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    No. Close to october.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    BAN (((PUNCH))) HIM BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIM
    BANNING PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THEM IS WRONG

Gosh it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy or something.
    I'll take that ban now famalam. There's too much free speech here and my feefees got hurt.
    Yeah, we're pathetic because we can experience emotions and empathize with other people

e: i3uster it's no fun if you change it to something everyone already knows
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Forty?
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Remember when Reagan saved the hostages!?!?!?

Blog Entries
    But actually.

Blog Entries
    You can't change Nazis and nobody but idiots intends to. Spicer has literally retreated to his mother's basement and thinks they can't have a public movement.
    Even granting that you can't change Nazis (not universally true, just look at Derek Black), the point of debate is rarely to change the minds of your interlocutor so much as to persuade one's audience. Spencer is almost assuredly never going to abandon his slimy views, but a clear and impassionate argument would help prevent vulnerable young people from being radicalized towards him. Whereas seeing him get punched in the face is only going to make them double down on the "See, aren't Leftists the real oppressors?" line of argument. (Which is BS of course, but going around punching people is hardly going to help dissuade anyone of it)

Blog Entries
    I'm feeling so empathy over here, senpai.
    Where's the love.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Even granting that you can't change Nazis (not universally true, just look at Derek Black), the point of debate is rarely to change the minds of your interlocutor so much as to persuade one's audience. Spencer is almost assuredly never going to abandon his slimy views, but a clear and impassionate argument would help prevent vulnerable young people from being radicalized towards him. Whereas seeing him get punched in the face is only going to make them double down on the "See, aren't Leftists the real oppressors?" line of argument. (Which is BS of course, but going around punching people is hardly going to help dissuade anyone of it)
    There is no debate, no platforms for Nazis. Fascists already control the government, we're not letting them control the streets.

Blog Entries
    I agree that violence isn't an ideal answer, but unfortunately you're dealing with groups of people who believe that not being violent means you're weak and should be ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I agree that violence isn't an ideal answer, but unfortunately you're dealing with groups of people who believe that not being violent means you're weak and should be ignored
    Groups of people like the 200 that showed up to his conference, come on. Die Spencerpartie isn't a serious threat and punching him raises his profile in exchange for feeling good that someone did it.