Page 320 of 858 FirstFirst ... 220270310315318319320321322325330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A question, does Demonic Defender of the State also include the ability to sense the presence of hostile forces in the Servants' marked region? I've looked over the Apocrypha novel, and it didn't confirm it. And while the manga version seemed to suggest it, I wouldn't completely trust it.

And yes, this is for the Servant I'm making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Theodosius ended up a bit underpowered so I'm thinking of adding something extra to the sheet.

Would it be reasonable to give him an NP based off the Theodisian Wall, even though it was in fact erected by his successor Theodisus II?
    I mean, if it was Theodosius who had the idea, then yes. Otherwise I wouldn't go through it.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    A question, does Demonic Defender of the State also include the ability to sense the presence of hostile forces in the Servants' marked region? I've looked over the Apocrypha novel, and it still didn't confirm it. And while the manga version seemed to suggest it, I wouldn't completely trust it.

And yes, this is for the Servant I'm making.
    no indication but why not.
    especially if the heroic spirit in question was known for having very good scouts or was able to respond to threats on their territory very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A Problem with the Dragon Encounter

The Dungeon Master had know idea what the party was thinking, although the Ranger had recently gotten their Animal Companion and homebrewed the class to allow for a Lion, they were still under leveled and walking into the Green Dragon's lair alone. The last time one of the players did something this stupid, Balin ended up blowing up a castle. But it wasn't his fault if they couldn't plan ahead more than 5 minutes and had an active deathwish. However this all came to a stop when the Ranger announced their intention.

"I kiss the dragon." the player said with a straight face.

The DM was left completely agape. He'd been doing this for a few years now but he had never seen someone to just kiss an adult dragon. Beg? Definitely. Sweet talk then backstab? More than often. Straight up kissing one was out of the question on the list of anything he prepared for, but he wasn't going to be a railroading tool, that was just unfair to the player.

"Make a persuasion roll with disadvantage."

He knew the ranger had relatively balanced stats aside from Wisdom so although the chance of success wasn't high, no matter what happened the tale would always be.

Against all likelyhood however, the player rolled a Natural 20 - an automatic critical success. However before he could mention that the disadvantage would mean rolling again and picking the lower number he was met with an unjustifiably smug look and the Gawain's player hollering in everyone's face. Against all odds, he had rolled two 20's in a row.

The DM took a deep breath, steeled himself and carried onwards as plainly as possible. "Ok, so you strut up straight to the fearsome beast's face, ignoring the terrifying breath weapon from the creature and you ki-"

But he couldn't continue. The schadenfreude of Ywain was to great and he, alongside everybody else at the table burst out laughing. This would make for a better tale.

Source: (X)

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Saber, Berserker
    True Name: Sir Ywain "Knight of the Lion"
    Alignment: Lawful Good (Technically)
    Place of Origin: England (Arthurian Mythos)

Parameters:

STR: B+
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 75kg
    Dislikes: Thoughlessness
    Talent: Unpredictability
    Natural Enemy: Beast Killers
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human
    Armament: Sword, Armour, Lion

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: C
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: B

A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Since 'knights' are soldiers who are proficient in mounted warfare, his Rank in Riding is very high. Chariots can be ridden the same way. Motorcycles and automobiles are treated as 'modern mounts', thus a high rank in Riding is also applicable. However, Sir Ywain can ultimately only control normal mounts.
    Though eligible for the class of Rider due to his Noble Phantasm, there are no legends of him actually riding it. The bond the two beings share is what qualifies him for the class.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue: B+
    Communication of intention with animals that do not speak a 'language of words'. Rider is able to communicate with animals to a degree where somewhat detailed conversations can be held. The '+' modifier takes effect when conversing when Rider speaks with his mount.

Dragon Maiden's Blessing: B
    Affection from a maiden whom once existed as a Dragon. In dangerous situations, the success rate of all saving throws is doubled.

Charisma: D
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Rider is naturally likable and can take command without harming morale. It is most effective with animals rather than people.

Noble Phantasms
    Rheged
    Most Noble and Loyal Companion

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Max Targets: 1 Person

The famed Lion of the tale of Ywain and the key component of the story aside from himself.
    Out of all the Knights of the Camelot, none had a companion more devoted than the Lion of Ywain. Although a mundane beast; its natural abilities are comparable to that of the Phantasmal, however the legend of the animal was borne from its devotion and loyalty. The two were steadfast allies against all odds transcending the Code of Chivalry at the time and allowed them to attain the rank of Heroic Spirit.

Ring of Lunet
    Love of the Lady

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Targets: 1 Person

A magical ring gifted to Rider by the maiden Lunet which was blessed to guarantee safety from imprisonment, sickness and wounding. Functioning as a passive Noble Phantasm, the strength of the enchantments depends on the bond he possesses with his master. Upon first meeting, the ring's effects will be minimal but the more affection he holds, then his conceptual power will increase proportionally. Should he truly fall in love with his Master the Ring will allow him to clear all checks.

An unscrupulous master may use a Command Seal to force Rider to "Fall in Love" with them, however although forced emotions are strong, it will never compare to true heart-felt love. The ring also possesses powers of true invisibility, however due to Rider's nature he will refuse to use it in most situations due to believing it to be cowardly and non-chivalric. However should he be suitably… motivated, he will use the full power of the ring without question.

Lore

Sir Ywain, also called Owain, Ywain, Ewain or Uwain, is a Knight of the Round Table and the son of King Urien and Morgan le Fay in Arthurian legend. The historical Owain mab Urien, on whom the literary character is based, was the king of Rheged in Great Britain during the late 6th century.

In the narrative, Ywain seeks to avenge his cousin, Calogrenant, who had been defeated by an otherworldly knight Esclados beside a magical storm-making stone in the forest of Brocéliande. Ywain defeats Esclados and falls in love with his widow Laudine. With the aid of Laudine's servant Lunete, Ywain wins his lady and marries her, but Gawain convinces him to leave Laudine behind to embark on chivalric adventure. Laudine assents but demands he return after one year. Ywain becomes so enthralled in his knightly exploits that he forgets to return to his wife within the allotted time, so she rejects him. Ywain goes mad with grief, is cured by a noblewoman, and decides to rediscover himself and find a way to win back Laudine. A lion he rescues from a dragon proves to be a loyal companion and a symbol of knightly virtue, and helps him defeat both a mighty giant and three fierce knights. After Ywain rescues Lunete from being burned at the stake, she helps Ywain win back his wife, who allows him to return, along with his lion.

Character

To sum up Sir Ywain best would be the phrase 'Wild Card' with low probability but high impacts. A lot of his actions are highly unpredictable, such as leaving his wife to adventure and forgeting to come back or most notably defeating a dragon by kissing it - breaking a curse and transforming her back into a woman. He carries no ill will and unlike many men of his time, he can fully recognise his mistakes, admit them and actually act on bettering himself.

He would see his master likely as another 'Drinking Buddy' to laugh with and have a jolly good time. His wish is simply to continue a life of adventure and being summoned by the grail.

Sir Ywain battles alongside his Fabled Beast not as a mount but a 'Minion'. The two coordinate their movements almost subconsciously with such sublime technique that allowed them to combat those of the Dragonkind. However this bond is his greatest weakness for if the lion were to be injured, he would be distraught. He may even sacrifice his Master to save his true ally.

Relationships:

Gawain: "Buddy! It's so great to see you again! Wanna catch up over a beer? First round is on me, my treat."

Saint George/Saint Martha/Kojiro/Siegfried: "Why are you so insistent on killing dragons? They're very kissable."

Saber Venus: "So, you are empowered by love as well? Nice to see a kindred spirit around here."

Notes:

Lore was basically just from wikipedia is I just realised I forgot to write up my own summary. A weaker knight compared to the likes of Gawain, Lancelot and Tristan but still interesting; that and he's been hanging around in my unfinished pile longer than I'd care to admit so I just brushed him up.

Also it's been like a month since I last posted in here.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 12th, 2017 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Feedback

Class: Caster

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B): The creation of a Hacienda, or an Estate, analogous to a Temple is possible.
    Caster's estate contains her vast library of over four thousand volumes and a wealth of musical and
    scientific instruments.

Item Construction (D+): Caster's spells are a combination of Holy Scriptures and her own writing. Inscribed
    in her own blood, her words take on a life of their own, whether they be written in Spanish, Latin or Nahuatl.

Personal Skills

Ordo Sancti Hieronymi (B): Indicates that Caster is a Hieronymite, a nun belonging to the Order of St. Jerome.
    The core pillars of the Order include chastity, poverty and detachment from the world, in order for a woman
    to show her devotion to Christ. This skill is translated as sufficient competency in Baptismal Sacraments to
    qualify for the Caster class, as well as the production of Holy Shrouds.

Protection of the Muses (False) (EX): The true version of this skill denotes the divine protection of the
    Muses, granted for the Servant's great contributions to the arts. However, Caster's version is false due
    to her displaying its effects by her own ability. Caster's expertise lies in writing and linguistics, so
    through this skill she is able to read any language and write as if the goddesses themselves were speaking
    to her. Any magecraft effects produced from her writing gain a + modifier. Caster is one of two women in
    history to be called "The Tenth Muse", the other being the great poetess of Ancient Greece, Sappho.

Natural Born Genius (B): Denotes that Caster possesses unparalleled knowledge, allowing her access to
    most skills at rank B proficiency, barring those that belong to specific heroes or skills inherent to the body,
    such as Divinity. At age three, Caster was able to read and write Latin, and her interest in science led to a
    professional relationship with Isaac Newton. To test her, the Viceroy of New Spain gathered forty intellectuals
    to determine if her intelligence was a farce. In the Viceroy's own words, "She blew them away in the manner
    that a royal galleon might fend off the attacks of a few canoes."

Noble Phantasm

Primera Sueno~Piramidal, Funesta, de la Tierra Nacida Sombra, al Cielo Encaminaba (C, Support)

Caster's longest, most famous and ambitious poem takes the form of a dream being retold after waking. In it,
    her soul leaves her body and rests atop a great pyramid, representing her own intellect. There, on her perch,
    she contemplates all of creation, but is overwhelmed trying to take it all in. It is then that reason enters
    the picture and processes single elements of creation one by one, to prevent Caster's soul from forcing its
    own destruction. However, the flaws inherent in humans keep her from gaining perfect understanding, always
    grasping for more, rising high but still falling short of God's perfection. Her most famous poem becomes her
    Noble Phantasm in a very literal sense in that it allows Caster to perform astral projection and divination
    simultaneously. Caster's body takes the form of the pyramid in her dream, while her soul takes the form of a
    brilliant white phoenix. While flying in this form, Caster sees the answers to questions she asks of herself
    and the world as other pyramids that she must work to ascend. The most pertinent of these would be the details
    of other Servants, such as their true names, locations and weaknesses, but she can easily set other goals for
    herself. The difficulty of reaching a particular "summit" depends on several factors: the relative fame and
    age of the target, the target's awareness of Caster's actions and the target's resistance to magic. This is
    more abstract than a simple check against Magic Resistance; it also takes into account the target's ability
    to recognize and ward off such an esoteric intrusion and their mental strength. For example, climbing the
    "summit" of a Servant who possesses the factor of the dragon may produce a representation of that dragon as
    a guardian at the peak, or a Servant able to manifest a Reality Marble may produce a "summit" with elements
    of said Reality Marble incorporated into it. Regardless, Caster's hunger for knowledge fuels her strength
    in reaching the peak of human understanding.

Background
    Juana Ines de la Cruz was a scholar, philosopher and poet. Considered the first feminist of the Americas,
    she lived as a nun in order to pursue her intellectual interests. Born illegitimately in 1648, she was a
    child prodigy, learning Latin by age three and the Aztec language of Nahuatl by adolescence. Unable to go
    to any prestigious school or university, she taught herself all the subjects never taught to girls, the art
    of writing especially. In her teens, she moved to Mexico City, where she was hired as a lady-in-waiting to
    the Vicereine of New Spain. The Viceroy, wishing to test her, invited several theologians, jurists, poets
    and philosophers to a meeting, during which she had to answer many questions unprepared and explain several
    difficult points on various scientific and literary subjects. She acquitted herself, astonishing all present
    and greatly increased her reputation. Her literary accomplishments garnered her fame throughout New Spain.
    Her interest in scientific thought and experiment led to correspondence with Isaac Newton. She was much admired
    in the court, and received many proposals of marriage, which she declined.

In 1669, she became a nun of the Order of St. Jerome, allowing her to live a comfortable life and pursue her
    interests. She established herself as a renowned poet with many wealthy patrons. Her work grew internationally
    famous, and over the course of decades, nestled in her massive personal library, she carved a place for herself.
    However, when she began criticizing the Church about their misogyny and hypocrisy, her reputation took a sharp
    decline. In response to the criticism, she stood firm, defending the right of women to write and pursue scholarship.
    "I do not study in order to write, nor far less in order to teach, but simply to see whether by studying I may
    become less ignorant. This is my answer, and these are my feelings."

Despite her eloquence, the Church forced her to relinquish her literary pursuits and even her library. When she
    sold her library and musical and scientific instruments, she wrote a document that renounced her learning, which
    ended with “I, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, the worst in the world,” signed in her own blood. A year later, she died
    while caring for her fellow nuns during a plague.

Though she was never truly forgotten, her fame in the modern day dwindled until the efforts of scholars expanded
    her story beyond the bounds of high academia as a household name. Based off her surviving writing, it is believed
    that Sor Juana was romantically interested in women. Whether it is true or not, the Phoenix of Mexico, as she is
    called today, became a prominent figurehead for the rights of women and LGBT people in Mexico.
    Alternate FC
    This alternate FC is a portrait of Juana by Miguel Cabrera, and is her most famous depiction. The painting positions
    Juana in such a way that it emphasizes her status as an intellectual. Cabrera likely modeled this painting on images
    of male scholars seated at their desks, particularly St. Jerome, who was often portrayed within a study, surrounded
    by books and instruments of learning.

She also wears an escudo de monja, or nun’s badge, on her chest underneath her chin. Escudos de monja were painted or
    woven, and they usually displayed the Virgin Mary. Juana’s escudo shows the Annunciation, the moment in which Gabriel
    informs Mary that she will bear the son of God. Her left hand toys with a rosary, while she turns a page of an open book
    with her right hand. This juxtaposes the intellectual and religious sides of her life.

Last edited by Funderfullness; June 11th, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Juana: That's a really interesting conceptual NP. Can other people see her soul phoenix or body transforming into a pyramid, or is that just part of the vision she undergoes?

If they're able to see into the Astral plane somehow, I guess. Conscious resistance would obviously make Juana's job way harder.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    no indication but why not.
    especially if the heroic spirit in question was known for having very good scouts or was able to respond to threats on their territory very quickly.
    I see, thanks for the reply!

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I like it. It's simple and clear cut.
    Although the the ring making him a strong as a dragon or SUN GAWAIN seems really strong.
    Maybe it'd be better that it increases his power to a "protagonist" and allows him to clear all checks. Power of Love and all that stuff.
    like make it more conceptual rather than physical.
    kind of like hans' np but the power of love.
    Last edited by You; June 11th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Laziness, thy form is me. EonADS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Theodosius ended up a bit underpowered so I'm thinking of adding something extra to the sheet.

Would it be reasonable to give him an NP based off the Theodisian Wall, even though it was in fact erected by his successor Theodisus II?
    My only issue with that is how he would use it effectively as a Berserker. Though I suppose anything is technically possible as a NP.

Sir Ywain: The only issue I have is the lack of a "my sword hand twitches!" quote given that he's also named Owain In all seriousness, if he's supposed to be less powerful than Gawain/others, the ring NP giving him that big of a boost is a little suspect to me. I like You's idea of the auto-checks, or maybe giving him the ability to add a second "die" to his "rolls" so he always does better than he would otherwise. However, if you decide to keep it, I'd recommend changing the rank to E-EX or E-A++ because its power functions in a mutually exclusive range, like Nobunaga's Papiyas, the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven NP.

Juana: Man. I feel like I need step my game up just reading these. My question is, since her NP is mental-based, would it be difficult to use against Servants with high Mental Corruption, or other mental defense abilities?
    Last edited by EonADS; June 11th, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    Juana: Man. I feel like I need step my game up just reading these. My question is, since her NP is mental-based, would it be difficult to use against Servants with high Mental Corruption, or other mental defense abilities?
    I'm just gonna say that Mental Pollution makes their pyramid spiky or some shit.

Blog Entries
    So, I just added a new NP to Theodosius based off the namesake walls.

It's more then a little OP (particularly since he didn't even invent it) but it makes him closer to the threatening antagonist character I first envisioned, which his original build didn't exactly live up to. Any feedback?

Blog Entries
    So, I just added a new NP to Theodosius based off the namesake walls.

It's more then a little OP (particularly since he didn't even invent it) but it makes him closer to the threatening antagonist character I first envisioned, which his original build didn't exactly live up to. Any feedback?
    You made the Wall NP work; the mental image of a pristine white wall within Theo's body makes for a cool reveal, and the Endurance Parameter change fits it nicely.

Given the NP's weakness, I kind of imagine that my Flamininus can be a huge threat to Theodosius due to the nature of the former's NP...

Although this begs a question; would Theo qualify as a Shielder, given his impressive Defensive NP?

---

(Unrelated, but wouldn't a hypothetical Servant Theodosius II's version of the Wall NP have a higher ranking given it was he who created it?)
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 11th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    (Unrelated, but wouldn't a hypothetical Servant Theodosius II's version of the Wall NP have a higher ranking given it was he who created it?)
    Maybe, but I'm honestly not sure if Theo II would be a Heroic Spirit at all. Not every Roman emperor is HS material after all and while Theo I has the whole 'destruction of Paganism' thing going for him, I can't think of anything similarly iconic for his successor. (That said, it could just be because I know very little about him)

- - - Updated - - -

Although this begs a question; would Theo qualify as a Shielder, given his impressive Defensive NP?
    That's actually a good point. Added it as one of his alt Classes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I like it. It's simple and clear cut.
    Although the the ring making him a strong as a dragon or SUN GAWAIN seems really strong.
    Maybe it'd be better that it increases his power to a "protagonist" and allows him to clear all checks. Power of Love and all that stuff.
    like make it more conceptual rather than physical.
    kind of like hans' np but the power of love.
    Thanks for the commentary, I've changed that to fit. I also added a relationships section.

- - - Updated - - -

Flavius Theodosius: I like it, though I'd lose one of the '+'s on his Endurance as two don't seem necessary to me. I like the NP's as well, especially the Wall.

Juana: Very good job on the Noble Phantasm and skill selection. Nothing negative to critique.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Question:

Since "A Knight Does Not Die With Empty Hands" is Lancelot's "Knight of Owner" Noble Phantasm as a Skill, does this mean that the Skill is exclusive to him or can a another Servant (from a Sheet that I'm making) acquire the Skill through their own methods?

TL;DR I'm lazy and don't wanna have to think up a new name for what's essentially the same thing.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I think the most viable answer is : wait for mat.

Thought, personally I always treat it as another gameplay segregation.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Question:

Since "A Knight Does Not Die With Empty Hands" is Lancelot's "Knight of Owner" Noble Phantasm as a Skill, does this mean that the Skill is exclusive to him or can a another Servant (from a Sheet that I'm making) acquire the Skill through their own methods?

TL;DR I'm lazy and don't wanna have to think up a new name for what's essentially the same thing.
    There are times when Noble Phantasms function as skills, like Medea's Golden Fleece. Also bare in mind that in GO, Mordred had her helmet act as a skill (for gameplay reasons).

You could go the Rama route and give them something like Martial Blessing.

- - - Updated - - -

And sniped

Blog Entries
    it makes him closer to the threatening antagonist character I first envisioned, which his original build didn't exactly live up to. Any feedback?
    You've been quite invested in antagonist characters recently. Sorry that's probably not the most valid observation it's more of an instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    You've been quite invested in antagonist characters recently. Sorry that's probably not the most valid observation it's more of an instinct.
    Maybe so, with the likes of evil overlord!Cain and all. Hence why I wanted to write up Psyche as a super optimistic protagonist-type Servant, to break the 'darker and edgier' trend I seem to have gotten in as of late.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry
    Knock it off with the sorrys already.