Page 23 of 367 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Also, having looked up that previous discussion, that was why I was questioning Pestilence even in the Nasu paradigm: False Rider being specifically and explicitly the Pale Rider, who remains Death in most popular depictions, we assumed it just happened to be killing via disease. Two and a half years of SF material on, that's a less sustainable idea (though perhaps still worth bearing in mind).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    "Fabricated Virtual Noble Phantasm, activate! Deploying Substitute Name, Ars Nova!"

Source: Solomon from KawaiiStrike: Cute to Kill, with a few editing

"I ask you, am I the Servant that will be contracted to you or not?
    Kidding, a little bit test of character is not going to hurt, am I wrong? Because I am, the wise King of Israel!
    "

Class: Caster
    Origin: Abrahamic religions
    True Name: Solomon (?)
    Height/Weight : 168 cm/ 50kg
    Master: Gudao
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Earth

Parameter
    STR: E MGI: D
    AGI: E LUCK: B
    END: E NP: EX

A woman dressed in an impossibly beautiful purple garment, but her lovely figure doesn't even compete with the high-quality man-made dress that previously mentioned. Her way of speeches bring the air of a university professor trying hard to impress her students, but by no means, her intelligence is something to be underestimated like what fresh college students thinking about her.

She advertises herself as the one that rules 72 Demon Pillar for her bidding, King of Israel Solomon. It's true that the Demon Pillars she deploys is the genuine article. She also claims as the wise and intelligent aspect of Solomon, the master of riddles, but- did she really?

Indeed, a woman that full of riddles, like the very same riddles that King Solomon infamously play.

Class Skill:
    Item Construction E

It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Able to construct various items and daily needs that potentially can make one prosper for their entire life. But all of the items unable directly help in combat nor they are classified as Mystic Code.

Territory Creation A (-)

The Skill to create a territorial area that can be used as an advantage. At this rank, she able to create a Palace. Or so that's how supposed to be, but she never did lift a finger to perform anything for its creation. She simply commands her Demon Pillars to construct it for her.

Personal Skill:
    Magecraft -
    King Solomon is credited as the founder of magecraft. It is very odd for her that unable to perform a simple magic bullet. But, she says that she is closest to the version from religious texts, where she solely command demons and didn't practice magecraft.

Her Demon Pillars mostly do the dirty work for her, not like most people can stand a chance against them. But, for such heavy reliance toward them, the Summoning skill that supposedly allows her to summon them is nowhere to be found.

"Good question. However, did those Caster and Assassin have a skill listed for summoning dragon tooth soldier? Smart one, you found your answer."

Charisma B+

Having B Rank in this Skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its Queen, the plus modifier allows her to seduce those King or Queen which perhaps have a higher Charisma than her. But for some reason, she doesn't like the idea using its special effect.

Golden Rule (Wealth, Body, and Wisdom) A
    It is a rare talent for having either a lasting riches, a perfect beauty and an intellectual brain. But, having three of them is something closest to a miracle. It is something that acceptable for the King of Israel to possess, but she claims that Queen of Sheba is way perfect than she hopes to be.

Riddler B
    Riddle is a wordplay or question with hidden meaning behind what is shown on the surface, an ability to create any kind of riddle from prior design. At this rank, it is possible to grasp the true nature and capability of her enemy if it utilized smartly.

Though she claims to be the master of riddles, like in the texts. She says that she already met someone who is a better riddler than her. Whos that might be...?

Noble Phantasms:

Ars Nova

The same Noble Phantasm that Gudao and co personally watch at use during the Final Singularity, taking form as a ring. But, supposedly- there is no way it can be deployed again. She says it kinda useless most of the time, having the very same effect that other Solomon use. She assures you the reason she has it because she is a Solomon from different universe just like Arthur and Musashi before her. Its appearance also very different with the one that other Solomon had, nor did the ring itself is the Ars Nova, but the act of returning it.

As you observe her more and think deeply, with the help of your Servants providing various cryptic and not very helpful knowledge, you found hundred of error that this Servant made, and able to reveal her true form...
    True Nature

Halqat Makada (Ring of Makeda)
    Ring of Proven Ancestry

Rank D
    Anti-Unit

The true name of the "Ars Nova" that 'Solomon' claim to be. It actually the ring that Solomon give to Queen Makeda as a token of faith in Ethiopian myth, which later carried by her son to prove his blood relation with Solomon and David. It is a Noble Phantasm that allows her to assume the identity of any figure in Solomon's ancestry. Unlike Helmet of Pedigree, it doesn't obscure her true stats and skills, but it allows her to convince people, items, and even Noble Phantasms that she is indeed Solomon with the simplest of logic. The downside of this Noble Phantasm, despite being able to bypass most conceptual effect, is the fact that it able to be dispelled with another mundane logic, meaning that even ordinary person is able to beat it.

The status screen above is the prime example how this Noble Phantasm works, all of the Skill are the genuine article: Charisma is something that she possess to rule the Kingdom of Sheba and persuade Solomon; she was described as beautiful beyond compare, her kingdom blessed with unnatural prosperity, her intelligence only second to Solomon himself and lastly she has tendency to make and challenge riddles as a test of wisdom. All of these means the information mentioned there still highly accurate, only distorted to make her little masquarade convincing.

That is right, her true identity is Queen Makeda, also known as Bilqish the Queen of Sheba.

"You have found out? That's right, I am not Solomon. I am the one that referred as the princess, the queen, my name is Bilqish. Congratulation, Master, you uncover my biggest riddle."

It is confirmed that very same Solomon married her, or at least the phantom fused with her, the Pharaoh's daughter, but-
    It is unknown whatever he turns into idolatry for a period of times like the one mentioned in Hebrewic account or not.

Mahinat Sulayman
    Degradation Solomon

Rank EX
    Anti-Faith

The Noble Phantasm mainly used by her to control the 72 Demon Pillar of Goetia, due to her direct involvement in the fall of Solomon and occult interpretation of her as the Queen of Demons, Lilith. However, since she doesn't know the original purpose of their creation, only saw the glimpse of their power to instantaneously transport her to Solomon's court, their true power has been sealed. As the demon she saw is a faithful slave, the demons only able to manifest as mindless Demon Pillars without any distinction and purpose, monsters that are no different with animal except its physical power that only able to follow simple commands.

Its true nature is a crystallization of Bilqish and Pharaoh's daughter role as the woman that bring Solomon to idolatry, taking form as the pagan temple that he builds to honor the later. It is a Reality Marble that realizes her powerful charms to bind anyone regardless of their status and faith, turning the believer Into unbeliever, the triumph of the old over the new. In summary- bringing back the old belief system from Age of God to present day, while destroying the advances of man that Solomon credited to, even if only for a few moment.

Originally, Bilqish doesn't have an access to this Noble Phantasm, but Pharaoh's daughter did. In turn, the one that watches one of the Demon Pillar in action is Bilqish, not Pharaoh's daughter, allowing this NP to control Demon Pillar that its originally can't. Summoning them separately will only summon a very weak Servant, but combining them allow her to stomp many Top Servants with ease.

While she is pragmatic enough to use the demons, she herself doesn't like the idea of using its true nature, as she already changes her faith and too drowned in her own self-guilt.

"Don't you think this Noble Phantasm should be called 'Degradation Bilqish' instead? I mean, it practically denies all of my character development."
    Lore

Lore

The biblical queen that appear in the story of King Solomon that is known as Bilqish in Islamic tradition, she reigns from a prosperous kingdom called Sheba. Infamous for being an intelligent queen, she visits Solomon due to her interest in his intelligence and power, while Solomon himself interested to convert her to the path of God. Supposedly, after various of drama her visit ended up to satisfy both parties, but-

This Servant is a composite Servant between the queen and the Phantom Pharaoh's daughter, a woman that charms Solomon to the point of building a pagan temple for her, inviting God's warning. Pharaoh's daughter is a rare case where a mythological figure not reaching the Throne of Heroes. The reason behind this is due to her minimal account of her existence in history, being referred on a single story whos only serve the purpose to turn Solomon from God, then disappear. The Pharaoh identity is not known nor mentioned anywhere else, let alone his daughter. The result is a small speculative legend between historians and religious scholars regarding her existence and purpose in the narrative.

Both figures above are credited as "the woman who bring Solomon to idolatry" in Hebrew or some Biblical accounts. But being the woman who changed him means she already reaches her late stage of life, which at that point she already fall for Solomon and embrace his faith. Such contradictory is her main reason to be here, to prove his innocence. It is speculated that both figure actually is the same person.

The speculation itself is not without basis. The ruler of the historical kingdom of Saba is reportedly called as Fir'aun (Arabic for Pharaoh), which perhaps affected by the long-standing Egyptian's culture and a female Pharaoh is not uncommon. Note that, Sheba was said as a worshipper of the sun, which can be identified as Ra, the sun deity of Egyptian origin. Not only that, it is even said that Egypt is part of Sheba's domain during that time.

However, whatever or not she is the same person, which version of the story is the truth, she leaves the answer to her Master and the current historian to solve the mystery.

"You are curious to the truth about me? Where is Sheba actually located? Teehee~ it is for you guys to find out!"

The queen that love riddles, indeed.
    Bond 10 CE

Instrument of God

A man that only goes to the battle he absolutely win

A man that only make a riddle he absolutely confident to be unanswered

It is foolish to doubt him

It is stupid to consider him doing such thing

For he to turn into idolatry,

Let alone because some noble woman,

It is the greatest insult to her of such accusation toward the man she loves

For I am the one who met him personally

For he is an existence that closer to instrument more than human

For he is a person without the concept of good and evil

A perfect king created by God to lead humanity to rightful path

And so I have been guided by his brilliant light

Relationship with canon Servants

Holmes
    "A gentleman that so good on solving mysteries, I see. Let's see whatever your ability at making one is as impressive or not?"

Da Vinci
    "Goddamn it, Solomon. Hundred of concubine + me is not enough for you!?"

David
    "Father in law, yet quite the perverted fellow. You ask if I'm the one that makes your son a little odd? You are the one that referred as The Wise, you know well the truth more than I am."

Kongming
    "You, also the one inside you, I like you. Do you mind to be my advisor?"

Ozymandias
    "The King of Kings, our highest ancestor. Bow and worship you, you ask? That's quite the impossible request, pagan."
    Trivia if anyone care

- Obviously, this one is a fusion of both Hebrew, Biblical, Islamic and Ethiopian story.
    - The reason her NP is in Arabic is to make it compliment with her Arabic originated name. My approach that the Kingdom of Sheba being an African-Middle East nation have the same reason.
    - I omitted the whole half djinn/demon thing. It becomes redundant anyway if you took her Degradation Solomon into account. (She being identified as Lilith a demon, during its activation)
    - Her purple dress is based on how she brings a number of maidens in purple dresses.
    - The whole witnessing Demon Pillars come from the Islamic story where he commands his djinn to teleport her to his palace. Since in TM he deploys Demon Pillars instead of djinns, I changed it into a Demon Pillar.
    -Golden Rule (Body) A? Did you forgot that Sheba has hairy legs!? Foolish mortals, of course I already knew that! With the power of wa- I mean fused with Pharaoh's daughter, her beauty has been upgraded!
    Last edited by Spartacus; October 21st, 2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: dude try so hard he forgot to put Charisma in, more typos God

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Congratulations my new Master, you have just summoned the almi- Wait, what was that? You don't know who I am? ...Urgh."

"Anyways, wanna grab a beer before we start?"

Class: Phantom Saber (He insists you call him this)
    Other Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Yagyuu Jubei Mitsuyoshi, “Unrivalled Swordsman Under the Heaven”,
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Region: Japan

Height/Weight: 183cm/67kg
    Dislikes: Personality Conflicts
    Talent: Swordsmanship
    Natural Enemy: Yagyu Munenori, Muramasa
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Servant, Male, Humanoid, Demon
    Armament: Sword, Mantle

Parameters:

STR: A
    END: C
    AGI: A+
    MGI: E
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding: C

Denotes the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Shinkage-Ryuu: A

Has completely studied the secrets of the Yagyuu Shinkageryuu.
    From infancy till maturity, Saber was trained in the art by the legendary Yagyu Munenori. Being endowed with over A Rank in this skill, Saber possesses not only sword techniques, but also resistance to mental attacks. An expert of the Shinkage-ryuu - which views zen meditation as indispensable - has no doubts nor hesitates. However due to interference from the bonded Phantom and the incomplete state the servant was summoned in, the rank has decreased.

Inversion Impulse: A

Also known as the ‘Ancestral Return’, it is possessed by those with Oni blood in their veins… supposedly. Despite a complete lack of evidence, it was said that Saber possessed blood of the Oni-kind – granting one’s parameters an immunity to debuffs. By giving into to the savage impulses within, Saber can be enhanced greatly, surpassing even the Mad Enhancement in pure power. However the mind will be taken apart piece by piece until the transformation is complete and becoming a blood crazed demon. Due to the existence to the phantom bonded with Saber, these impulses are harder to resist.
    In this state; horns will begin to grow alongside red markings throughout the body with one’s irises turning black with white sclera.

Mana Burst (Blood): B

The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. This also grants the abilities to the ‘Blood-Sucking’ skill.
    By drawing blood and taking it in either through direct intake, absorption through the skin or even through the sword, it can be released in a torrent of energy, greatly amplifying speed and power for a single instance. Saber has no connection to the skill naturally, whatever those implications may be.

The Art of Looking at the Moon: -

A unique skill of Saber’s, subliming all her technique and knowledge but due to her youthful incomplete state and the interference of the Phantom bonded with her, the skill has been lost.

Noble Phantasm

Juuchi Yosamu
    Evilist Sword – False Magnum Opus

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-999
    Maximum Targets: 1 Person(?)

The Noble Phantasm of this ‘Phantom Saber’ has become the very phantom he was bonded to. By consuming a considerable amount mana (with a necessary portion from the master), the sword transforms to become the dark pinnacle of Muramasa. The Juuchi Yosamu transforms into the single concept of the legend of this blade; ‘That Which Cuts Everything’. Here it acts akin to a Pseudo pair of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception as upon contact; it can ‘Cut’ the target for a single stroke. It can be a physical target or even metaphysical concepts such as Causality.

“Ya know, it makes more sense the less you think about it.”

The drawback of gaining this Noble Phantasm in this state is that her ‘true’ Noble Phantasm as a Saber,
    Musha Shugyo
    Pilgrimage of the Demon Warrior
    has been overwritten as its nature clashes with his state of being.

Biography

The most famous swordsman of the feudal era.

Yagu Jubei Mitsuyoshi was the child of Yagyu Munenori. He grew up trained by her father and fought for the first Tokugawa shogun, Tokugawa Ieyasu, at the Battle of Sekigahara, expanding the Shogun's territory. For his efforts, Jubei was made the Shogun's sword instructor and a minor daimyō , by extending his family hereditary massively. Despite not being the heir the Yagyū style the position was granted for court intrigue and politics (which Jubei was far superior to his siblings by). Jubei would go on to train three successive Shoguns: Ieyasu, Hidetada, and Iemitsu.

Despite surpassing his father in many ways, he was expelled and she embarked on the Warriors Pilgrimage where his history was unrecorded for over a decade. After which he returned for a brief time as government inspector and fully taking over his father’s lands. Here he wrote a book called ‘The Art of Looking at the Moon’ which hinted at his adventures. After foiling an assassination attempt against his life from her half-brother, he ended up dying of a heart attack.

Juuchi Yosamu was one of the ultimate swords forged by Sengo Muramasa or rather the Guardian Spirit dwelling within the blade. During Muramasa’s youth he created the most evil blade ever to be in its time, the “10,000 Cold Nights” which sliced apart anything in its way. However it failed in comparison to the blade of Muramasa’s teacher the Yawarakai-Te "Tender Hands” which cut nothing. A travelling monk decided that the Yawarakai-Te was superior to the Juuchi-Yosamu.

"The first of the swords was by all accounts a fine sword, however it is a blood thirsty, evil blade, as it does not discriminate as to who or what it will cut. It may just as well be cutting down butterflies as severing heads. The second was by far the finer of the two, as it does not needlessly cut that which is innocent and undeserving.".

And so, the tale of the sword ended, forever slandering the name of its maker.

Character

“Please, just call me Jubei.”

Yagu Jubei Mitsuyoshi
    has been summoned in his younger self, bold and brash. He’s the best, he knows he’s the best and doesn’t mind telling you he’s the best. Unfortunately due to his talent and keen insight, he’s always right which makes him a most insufferable genius. If he feels the need to be completely silent because others around him aren’t worth his time then that’s what he’ll do, likewise he’ll but in and drop a single sentence that blows the conversation out of the water if he so pleases. Lacking the maturity that his older self gained on her pilgrimage where he repressed her “demon side” as he puts it, it’s clear to see why he was banished. Even his eye patch is a fake, losing an eye in his later years but insecure about figuring out that he’s “Incomplete” took the hilt of a sword and uses it to cover a perfectly functional eye.

But...
    These… negative aspects have been brought out further by the phantom Juuchi Yosamu. As a symbol of the darker side of the blacksmith Muramasa’s legends it amplifies his irritability, his anger and dark powers in a very middleschoolery way – goading him further and further till he becomes a True Demon and the sword can take him over completely.

Together the Brat of Munenori and Arrogance of Muramasa make for a troublesome servant for enemies and allies alike, their duel incomplete nature complementing each other into the full brutal war machine they should be… maybe.

Bond 10 Craft Essence

Double-Tiered Kasa

“This takes me back, I was trainin’ with pops one day when I was a runt and he pulled this sick move out of nowhere. I wasn’t even thinkin’ at the time, I just grabbed the closest thing to be and blocked with those hats. He was so pissed off by that, I think he’d have been happier if he sliced my eye out.”

“I used those hats to do a lot more crazier stuff later, mostly to piss him off.”

Relationships

Father: "Ah, tis' you. Shall we have a duel to finally decided the greatest of the era?" Jubei views Munenori as the ultimate wall and mightiest obstacle to overcome. Due to the clash of absolute order versus true freedoms, they will never see eye to eye on any sight. However despite all this, he can only see his father with love and respect. Whether he shows it is another hand entirely.

Ieyasu: "Weak and pathetic Monkey! I thought I trained you be- huh? You're just a body double?"

Oda Nobunaga/Uesugi Kenshin: "I never had the chance to face you. The demon and the dragon... let's see how you stand against the unrivalled!"

Shirou Emiya:
    "... You smell famiiliar, I don't like you."

Tomoe Gozen: "Am I going to grow horns too? I hope so. Now enough talk, lets get drunk and punch each other in the face!"

Creators Notes:

So after three glasses (or five) of wine the other night, I remembered that someone made a living sword sheet in the CaS thread. I then hunkered down and did this whole thing in one sitting while still a bit drunk. Now I can stop using this sheet as an excuse for procrastinating the next QoF entree. Also literelly everything I know about the newest EoR addition is that skill I borrowed and the fact it's apparently the best thing since the 7th singularity.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I got inspiration for the blood drinking sword bit from the Sword of Kos of D&D (I've watched a lot of Critical Role lately)
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; October 25th, 2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: There was a second 'U' in Jubei I forgot to remove. Also relationships are a thing.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "You must feel terrible, summoning a useless and cowardly Servant like me. Still, as long as I draw breath I promise I'll do my best to keep you safe, Master."

Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Cowardly Lion/Androcles Lion

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- B
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- C
    NP- C

Personality
    An incredibly meek, shy and timid individual, a far cry from the composed haughtiness one could expect of a king of beasts. Lancer is scared of just about everything, jumping at his own shadow and fleeing at the first sign of combat. He is self-effacing and has terrible self-esteem, constantly disparaging himself as weak and useless.

Yet despite his fearfulness Lancer shows incredible bravery when it counts. When the lives of his friends are on the line Lancer will charge into battle even as every instinct screams at him to run and hide. While he calls himself a coward, it is only because Lancer is unaware that true bravery is not the absence of fear but the willingness to fight on in spite of one's fear.

The influence of the Androcles Lion on Lancer's personality is minimal, as that beast's only exceptional trait- its undying loyalty to its master- was already present in the Cowardly Lion. The only effects of their fusion are making Lancer slightly clingier to his human master and giving him an additionally intense dislike of thorns and other prickly objects. (Not that he'd need a reason to be afraid of them anyway)

Incidentally, Lancer's hair is incredibly soft and comfortable. Though Lancer is shy about personal contact he enjoys being stroked and petted, especially by small children. For someone who believes himself weak and useless, knowing that his presence brings happiness and security to others is truly something that gives Lancer the greatest joy.

Dislikes: scary people, thorns
    Talents: being cute and cuddly, acting heroic in spite of his fear
    Natural Enemy: Wicked Witch of the West, his own fearful heart

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C
    Power to neutralize the effects of Magecraft aimed against oneself. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are cancelled. Cannot defend against Magecraft at the level of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Honor Of The Cowardly- A+
    The opposite of Bravery, yet at the same time a version of it. A Skill for those cowards who continued to fight despite their fears. The more Lancer is afraid of an opponent, and the more he desires to retreat, the more his parameters are increased when he chooses to fight anyway. Those who feel no fear are merely fools or beasts. Heroes are those who keep fighting in spite of being afraid.

Upon invocation of Lancer's second Noble Phantasm, this Skill is temporarily sealed and replaced by Bravery at the same rank.

Lion's Pride- N/A (EX)
    A Skill that crowns the lion as a king of beasts, whom all lesser dwellers of the jungle instinctively tremble in fear of. Lancer radiates a magnificent aura that commands both devotion and fear, comprising the effects of A-ranked Charisma and Dread Visage. Furthermore, while fighting another being conceptualized as a "wild animal/beast", Lancer's parameters are automatically raised to one rank above the opponent.

In the jungle, there is only one absolute. The lion is king, an absolute existence that none born from the animal world can surpass. However, as Lancer does not think himself worthy of the title "King of Beasts", this Skill has been subconsciously sealed away until he can reconcile that aspect of his identity. Temporarily unsealed upon invocation of his second Noble Phantasm.

Guardian Beast- B
    A variation of Guardian Knight, given to animals who would defend their owners to their dying breath. Grants Lancer a bonus in his defensive attributes while acting to protect his
    owner
    Master
    . Both the Cowardly Lion and the Androcles Lion were defined by undying loyalty to their human companions, so their fusion naturally boasts a high affinity for this Skill.

Self-Suggestion- C+
    A form of self-hypnosis with oneself as the target, raising resistance against mental interference attacks. At this rank, an "I am not afraid = truly stops feeling fear" level of assumption becomes possible. However, at least until Lancer comes to an important self-realization, activating this Skill is only possible with his second Noble Phantasm as a catalyst.

Noble Phantasms
    Ankyrovóli
    Thorn Of Beast's Burden

Type: Anti-Unit

The thorn the slave Androcles pulled from the wounded lion's paw, earning the king of beasts' undying affection and loyalty. That very thorn has become Lancer's primary Noble Phantasm, symbolizing both the suffering he endured and the eternal bond between man and beast. While officially a "thorn", it has been greatly lengthened and enlarged to a long spear made of plant material, with countless vicious barbs sprouting along the shaft.

Every time the
    thorn
    spear
    cuts an opponent, one or more barbs will break off and lodge in their body, prolonging their suffering and inflicting weak but continuous damage over time until the thorn is removed. When the true name is invoked, every dislodged barb will instantly sprout up into a complete
    thorn
    spear
    , an exact replica of this Noble Phantasm. If done while the barb in question is still lodged in the victim's body, it will gruesomely impale them from within. Despite the great power of this technique, Lancer generally refuses to use it because of his kind-hearted nature. It can also be used to set traps, littering the battlefield with tiny barbs that erupt into impaling spears on Lancer's command.

...Totally not a palette swap of a certain Celtic hero's spear.

Wizard's Gift
    Elixir Of False Courage

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

A small glass vial of mysterious green liquid, given to Lancer by the Wizard of Oz at the end of his journey. A single sip of its contents fills Lancer with courage, temporarily purging all fear and self-doubt from his mind. His Honor Of The Cowardly Skill is overwritten by Bravery at the same rank, Lion's Pride is unsealed and all parameters are ranked up by one.

While Lancer believes this potion to be his greatest Noble Phantasm, the truth is that it is not a Noble Phantasm at all. It is merely a perfectly ordinary vial of harmless liquid, which has no magical effects whatsoever. The true worth of this Noble Phantasm lies within Lancer's own mind, a hypnotic suggestion which allows him to unleash his true strength as the king of beasts.

The vial itself only contains enough liquid for three drinks, limiting the usage of this Noble Phantasm to three occasions in any given Holy Grail War. Once ingested, the believed effects of the potion last for around half an hour before Lancer's newfound bravado fades and he reverts to his usual cowardly self. However, should he realize the truth that the courage dwelt inside him all along, it is possible for the effects of this Noble Phantasm to become permanently active.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after jumping between like two or three different ideas (including Francis Drake/Flying Dutchman and Melies/Barbicane combos) I finally settled with the original idea I had when the contest was announced. I'm not expecting it to win since there's a lot of really great and creative entries this time around, but I at least hope the concept will strike some people as interesting.

Comments and criticisms are always welcome. Thanks!

"What majesty! To think that a war of humanity's greatest could exist, and that I could witness it! Now, show me your resolve! Let me see the passions of one deemed a hero of mankind!"

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Archer
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Parameters:
    STR: B+
    END: A+
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: C
    NP: B+

Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 70 kg
    Dislikes: Peace, boring people, porridge
    Talent: Political maneuvering, hostile takeover
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: A longbow and a suit of armor.
    Catalyst: A medallion, embedded with his family's emblem
    Interlude: His Burning Passions

Before becoming a Heroic Spirit, Berserker had another name, and lived another life. In this life, he was both a warrior and a leader, one who led his subordinates to victory upon the slaughter of their foes. He was relentless in securing every advantage he could for his clan, expanding their political power to better their lives. His actions were calculated and dispassionate- despite his role as head of the clan, he had little personal inclination for their goals. They were not his own, but he fought anyway, for leading the clan for his own personal aspirations was not permitted by his obligation as their leader.

But then he met the warrior. The warrior, the leader of another clan, joined Berserker on the battlefield. What Berserker saw was a blade swung without hesitation. The warrior strove for power, not only for his clan, but for himself- he sought to make his clan the most powerful in the nation, with the warrior himself at its head. Berserker had never before seen such selfishness, such ambition. As the battle raged on, the warrior stood alone against an entire onslaught of soldiers. Where Berserker would have resigned himself to his fate, the warrior let loose a battlecry, a declaration of his future victory, and swung his blade once more, besting them all. The warrior's courage lit a spark in Berserker. For the first time, Berserker wanted to be selfish, to let loose his own passions. He wanted to burn with the same ambition as the warrior.

And so, Berserker antagonized the warrior on every front. Their two clans became the strongest clans in the nation, and so they were in constant conflict. Berserker had decided that he too would lead his clan to become the greatest in the nation, but most of all, he wanted to see the warrior shine brightly once more, as he did on that battlefield they shared. Eventually, Berserker and his clan cornered the warrior, and just as he saw the warrior's fire stirring, it went out. Berserker was victorious, yet he felt empty- his rival, the source of his aspirations, had fallen, and Berserker was rendered aimless. Yet he, realized something else.

As he burnt out, his last moments were so beautiful.

In his unrest, Berserker resolved himself- that he would let his own ambitions drive himself to that same state of beauty that the warrior had achieved in death. He would seek all power, conquer the nation, and annihilate all who opposed him, to ignite the fire of his life, no matter how short it might be, and see how brightly those who challenged him could shine as well.

Even after death, upon becoming a Heroic Spirit, Berserker held onto that wish. In the Holy Grail War, he could see the greatest humanity had to offer, and his soul was set ablaze with anticipation. He had been summoned, prepared to challenge whatever Heroic Spirit came his way.

Then, he saw her. A mere child of a warrior, too short to even look him in the eyes. Yet, when she swung her sword, she did so with no hesitation. When she fought, she did so singlemindedly, with victory as the only option. He saw that same warrior's spirit in this child, and the same image that spurred him to fight all those years ago appeared before him once more. He smiled furiously as he readied his bow. This was his child, Berserker thought. And so, child of my rival, let our souls do battle, so that I may admire your burning resolution as well. He let loose a flaming arrow, and with fierce determination, she cut it down. Their feud recommenced, and once again, Berserker could witness the passions of a burning star of mankind.

Skills
    Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (D+): While capable of communication, Berserker is single-minded in his pursuit of fiery conflict. He may not leap into the fray immediately- from his skill with politics, he knows to strike when the iron is hot, when the situation is most ripe for war- but once he has chosen to strike, he will continue to fight until one side has been reduced to ashes.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma of a Tyrant (C): In life, Berserker was a tyrant who sought total annihilation of his enemies and to amass all political power available to him. Yet, those who served under him shared in his ambition, in his desires and in his wrath. His skill affects those who would seek to serve a despot.

Mana Burst (Flames) (A): With this skill, not only his bow and arrows, but Berserker's entire body is esconced in flames. They do not hurt him and when at rest, they are merely embers, warm to the touch to anyone else, but during battle, he wears a fierce blue inferno. By shooting an arrow, he leaves jet of fire in its path, and at close range, his hands can function as a flamethrower. Strangely, Berserker seems to show no aptitude for magecraft, or even any magical strength. When asked about this skill, he simply laughs and replies, "Of course I would be clad in flames! Who do you think I am?"

Siege Warfare (B): A specialization of Military Tactics. Berserker can identify weak points in large structures, allowing him to demolish them with ease. Additionally, this skill causes his flames to quickly spread in buildings, turning skyscrapers into blazing symbols of his conquest.

Noble Phantasms

Unrelenting, Merciless Domination
    Flames of Naraka

Type: Anti-army
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: 100 people

The manifestation of Berserker's ruthlessness, of claiming what he wants, tyrannizing those below him, and setting his foes ablaze. He activates it by creating a large fire, encompassing a tall building, a field, or even a small town, acting as a signal flare to hell. Whatever was used for the activation becomes his "domain", and will not give in to the fire. Additionally, he will summon 10 Oni Warriors who serve him, in the sense that all he desires is destruction and they share that desire. Though they cannot leave the domain, they are unaffected by the flames, and will use them to their advantage when fighting. The Oni are little match for a servant in a fair fight, but they serve as sentinels of the domain, lying in wait to slay any who come by, and alerting the others to enemy presence. Berserker gains a minor boost to his parameters while in his domain as well. He may only use this Noble Phantasm once per summoning.

Ambitions That Set My Life Ablaze
    Feverish Vision of Hell

Type: Anti-unit (self)
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

A Noble Phantasm to be used when nearing death. It is an embodiment of the story that Berserker died with a burning fever, dreaming of Hell for his life of sins. He allows the candle of his life to burn bright in its last moments, increasing the intensity of his flames and all of his parameters by one rank, but will kill him after half an hour. His body is claimed by Hell and protected by an armor of fire until his time runs out. When using it, he proclaims, "WITNESS MY LIFE, SHINING WITH GLORY IN ITS LAST MOMENTS!" and unleashes his nature as a Berserker.

Lore

Berserker's true name is Taira no Kiyomori, a head of the Taira clan, military leader, and man who claimed the role of Chief Minister of the imperial government. He and Minamoto no Yoshitomo suppressed the Hōgen rebellion, leading the Taira and Minamoto to become the dominant samurai clans. He then became rivals with Yoshitomo, eventually leading to the Heiji Rebellion in which Kiyomori claimed victory, having Yoshitomo and his two eldest sons killed. He allowed some of his former rival's sons, including Minamoto no Yoritomo and Minamoto no Yoshitsune, to live, but exiled them. To add insult to injury, he took Yoshitune's mother, Lady Gozen, as concubine.

After defeating the Minamoto, Kiyomori turned to the government, rising in the ranks through his ambition and ruthlessness, eventually becoming Chief Minister, one of the most powerful men in the imperial court. Eventually, he wed his daughter to the Emperor, making their son, Kiyomori's grandson, a prince. His ambitions grew as he drove out his political enemies, filled the court with his allies, and forced the Emperor to abdicate, making his infant grandson Emperor.

Kiyomori's ambitions became his end, as his number of enemies had grown too wide. All who had been trampled amidst his conquest rallied against him in the Genpei War, especially the Minamoto clan, led by Yoritomo. It was also during this time that Kiyomori led the Taira to burn down two Buddhist temples, Todai-ji and Kofuku-ji, for opposing him. He died early during the war, before he could see his clan crumble and to see Yoritomo, the son of his former rival, become Shogun. It is said that on his deathbed, Kiyomori was ravaged with a fever, so hot that nobody could touch him. In his fevered dream, he was visited by demons, the ghosts of his victims, and King Enma himself, sentencing him to Hell.

Due to his affiliation with fire, Kiyomori's Saint Graph merged with that of a Phantom, Jack O'Lantern, or Stingy Jack, an Irish drunkard said to have fooled the devil into forgoing claim to Jack's soul, but as a result, sentencing himself to roam the Earth after death, unclaimed by both Heaven and Hell, armed only with a lantern housing a flame from Hell. This is embodied by Kiyomori's Mana Burst (Flames), utilizing that fire from hell as his source of power, and also contributes to the strength of his Noble Phantasms. Though Jack has no effect on Berserker's personality, Kiyomori is bemused by their coincidental fusion. He sees Jack as a coward, but admires his sheer boldness in fooling the devil himself. "We two are fated for hell, so let us make the best of our time on Earth."

Personality

Strife. Warfare. Fire. These are things Berserker believes to be essential to the human spirit. It is through hardship that strength is cultivated. It is in times of chaos that heroes are born to challenge it. It is in fire that warriors forge their blades. This is the philosophy of conflict that drives Berserker's actions. He is neither deeply philosophical nor altruistic in his actions- when he desires something, he goes to arms over it, and his goals are his own. But Berserker believes that by pursuing his own ambitions, he will drive others to seek their own as well. As he stands in the center of the flames, he invites others to join him. For this, he was depicted as a man destined for hell by his enemies. Berserker does not deny this, instead welcoming the demonic image he is portrayed with. Even as he died and had a vision of himself burning in hell, he simply laughed, anticipating whatever tortures Enma had in store for him.

When Berserker meets another Heroic Spirit with deep goals, he fixates on them. Berserker becomes obsessed with pitting their desires against each other, to see whose determination is greater, and whose goals will win out. Because of this, he will take every opportunity to challenge the object of his obsessions, interfering in their actions towards their goals, stoking the flames of desire in them too. At his core, Berserker is an observer, and rejoices in seeing powerful people burn their brightest with passion. The actions he undertakes empowers those passions, guiding them to that ephemeral state of beauty, and trying to reach that state himself.

For a Berserker, he is relatively intelligent. Rather than enter battle immediately, Berserker waits for when the flowers of the battlefield, fire and chaos, are ready to bloom, then joins the fight. Due to his life of manipulating political figures, Berserker has a sly tongue, ready to spread the seed of conflict among those who hold power, believing that those who hold power should always be wary of those who would aim to claim that power themselves. When he himself fights, however, Berserker sheds all pretenses of being a politician, and showcases his singleminded desire for victory as a member of a warrior family.
    Relationships

Yoshitomo was Kiyomori's first rival, and because Kiyomori respected him, he wrought total destruction on Yoshitomo. Killing him, his eldest sons, and taking his wife as concubine were all symbols of Kiyomori's respect, believing that a man whose passions were so strong that he had to destroy them without relent. Though his decision to spare Yoritomo and Yoshitsune was seen as a fatal mistake driven by arrogance, Kiyomori knew well that his rival's sons would return to challenge him. In fact, he welcomed their presence, as it were as if his former rival had been revived in them. Though he saw Yoritomo as weakling lacking his father's courage and samurai spirit, he respected Yoritomo's political wit, acknowledging him as another man capable of leading the country. In Yoshitsune, he was a true successor to Yoshitomo, as she was both a skilled samurai and courageous warrior. Kiyomori scorns Yoshitsune's selflessness in serving Yoritomo, as she forgoes her ambitions for her brother's, but he acknowledges that in some way, Yoritomo's desires are Yoshitsune's, and so she fulfills her ambitions with resolution. If he were to ever encounter a warrior of the Minamoto clan in a Holy Grail War, he would immediately fixate on them as a rival, but he reserves his deepest passions for Yoshitomo and his children.

Oda Nobunaga claimed descent from the Taira clan, and the two heroic spirits have much in common, as they were both known for burning down temples, having vast political aspirations, and portrayed as demons. Kiyomori admits Nobunaga is the most ambitious Heroic Spirit from Japan, and would treat her as a grandchild, letting her play with his flames and wrestling her without holding back. Despite their commonalities, they in fact differ greatly in philosophy; while Nobunaga seeks to unify Japan and leat the nation into the future through Western technology, Kiyomori believes that maintaining civil war will best keep the population strong and hungry for power. Were their goals to ever come into opposition with each other, the two would quickly turn to blows, though they would still treat it as playing. The veracity of Nobunaga's claim is unknown, but Kiyomori believes that regardless of descent, Nobunaga carries his spirit.

Wish

Berserker's wish for the Holy Grail is to revive both the Taira and Minamoto clans, and continue their civil war, looking forward to seeing his rivals yet again.

Long time lurking, and I was looking forward to finally entering one of these competitions. It's been a while since I've done some creative writing, but it was fun using it again. I've had this idea for a while, originally without the phantom, but I figured it helped justify having all of the fire stuff, so I accidentally made a Halloween servant. Maybe I should have referenced the phantom more, but the main point was Berserker himself, and the phantom was meant to be more supplementary.

Blog Entries
    Kiyomori: When I first read his Interlude I thought for a moment this guy would be a Kenshin/Shingen hybrid. The idea you went with is probably cooler though. Reminds me of a darker version of Iskandar personality-wise.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    “When from this wreathed tomb shall I awake!
    “When move in a sweet body fit for life,
    “And love, and pleasure, and the ruddy strife
    “Of hearts and lips! Ah, miserable me!”

Character Image/Faceclaim:
    Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59639409

Other Classes: Assassin
    True Name: Lamia
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Lamia, John Keats, 1819

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: E
    MGI: E~EX
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Height: 168cm
    Weight: 49kg
    Dislikes: Introspection, Inquisitiveness
    Talents: Appearing innocent, self-deprecation.
    Natural Enemy: Philosophers
    Attribute: Sky
    Armament: N/A
    Catalyst: Crimson-striped rainbow-colored snake hide, Keats’ pen.

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: A-

There was a noise of wings, till in short space
    The glowing banquet-room shone with wide-arched grace.
    A haunting music, sole perhaps and lone
    Supportress of the faery-roof, made moan
    Throughout, as fearful the whole charm might fade.
    Fresh carved cedar, mimicking a glade
    Of palm and plantain, met from either side,
    High in the midst, in honour of the bride.

Creation of a “Palace”, superior to a Workshop, becomes possible, but due to the nature of Lamia’s abilities, scrutiny of its design and ability will cause it to drastically decline and perhaps even leave it entirely defunct.

Item Creation: D

Of wealthy lustre was the banquet-room,
    Fill’d with pervading brilliance and perfume:
    Before each lucid pannel fuming stood
    A censer fed with myrrh and spiced wood,
    Each by a sacred tripod held aloft,
    Whose slender feet wide-swerv’d upon the soft
    Wool-woofed carpets: fifty wreaths of smoke
    From fifty censers their light voyage took
    To the high roof, still mimick’d as they rose
    Along the mirror’d walls by twin-clouds odorous.
    Twelve sphered tables, by silk seats insphered,
    High as the level of a man’s breast rear’d
    On libbard’s paws, upheld the heavy gold
    Of cups and goblets, and the store thrice told
    Of Ceres’ horn, and, in huge vessels, wine
    Came from the gloomy tun with merry shine.
    Thus loaded with a feast the tables stood,
    Each shrining in the midst the image of a God.

Besides her ability to produce minor tokens capable of granting invisibility and hiding all trace of someone, Lamia’s Item Creation is limited to conjuring incredibly beautiful, sensual and aesthetically pleasing mundane objects, as well as food and drink worthy of a god’s court.

Personal Skills:

Alluring Nightingale: C++

Her throat was serpent, but the words she spake
    Came, as through bubbling honey, for Love’s sake.

The ability to mesmerize others through the use of a naturally beautiful voice. Lamia, a nymph, was born with an incredibly sweet and alluring voice that is able to seduce men, and to a lesser extent even women, with but a few choice words. The effectiveness of this is greatly increased, however, when the target is not someone ruled by reason or logic, but instead by passions and emotions. Young heroes swayed by romantic fervor fall under her sway at the first syllable out of her mouth.

Divinity: C

“Leave thee alone! Look back! Ah, Goddess, see
    “Whether my eyes can ever turn from thee!
    “For pity do not this sad heart belie—
    “Even as thou vanishest so I shall die.
    “Stay! though a Naiad of the rivers, stay!
    “To thy far wishes will thy streams obey:
    “Stay! though the greenest woods be thy domain,
    “Alone they can drink up the morning rain:
    “Though a descended Pleiad, will not one
    “Of thine harmonious sisters keep in tune
    “Thy spheres, and as thy silver proxy shine?
    “So sweetly to these ravish’d ears of mine
    “Came thy sweet greeting, that if thou shouldst fade
    “Thy memory will waste me to a shade:—
    “For pity do not melt!”

The skill that measures one's Divine Spirit aptitude. As the nymph of a sacred forest on Crete that Satyrs and Tritons worshipped for her beauty, she possesses abnormally high Divinity for a Phantom.

Romantic's Delusion: EX

Do not all charms fly
    At the mere touch of cold philosophy?
    There was an awful rainbow once in heaven:
    We know her woof, her texture; she is given
    In the dull catalogue of common things.
    Philosophy will clip an Angel’s wings,
    Conquer all mysteries by rule and line,
    Empty the haunted air, and gnomed mine—
    Unweave a rainbow, as it erewhile made
    The tender-person’d Lamia melt into a shade.

A skill that manifests as Lamia’s critical misunderstanding with the workings of the world. The deliberate shunning of reason and thought to construct a perception of reality that revolves around lofty oaths, beautiful words, immortality and destined lovers. This cheerful but ultimately damaging mindset is extremely contagious because of Lamia’s great charm, and those cannot hold logic and reason tight will find themselves swayed towards Lamia’s line of thought.

Those without adequate willpower will, via continuous contact with Lamia, begin to slowly stop questioning their surroundings or thinking for themselves, and thus falling into utter mental stagnation, eventually becoming a brainwashed primitive with faith that everything will still work out, that some god-written destiny is on their side and will see them through everything.

Belief in Lamia’s delusion, the half-lie that she herself earnestly wants to believe in, strengthens her hold on the world and her Noble Phantasm, and while it is her preference to keep a low profile to avoid suspicion, her power will balloon rapidly if a massive amount of people fall under her sway.

However, this power comes with a risk in that the moment that Lamia’s little world of romanticism is exposed for what it is by someone of reason and rationality, it will utterly collapse, and all those present during the exposure will snap out of their trance. Those free of her influence can only ever be affected once more if they still believe in things such as true love.

Shapeshift: D-

Left to herself, the serpent now began
    To change; her elfin blood in madness ran,
    Her mouth foam’d, and the grass, therewith besprent,
    Wither’d at dew so sweet and virulent;
    Her eyes in torture fix’d, and anguish drear,
    Hot, glaz’d, and wide, with lid-lashes all sear,
    Flash’d phosphor and sharp sparks, without one cooling tear.
    The colours all inflam’d throughout her train,
    She writh’d about, convuls’d with scarlet pain:
    A deep volcanian yellow took the place
    Of all her milder-mooned body’s grace;
    And, as the lava ravishes the mead,
    Spoilt all her silver mail, and golden brede;
    Made gloom of all her frecklings, streaks and bars,
    Eclips’d her crescents, and lick’d up her stars:
    So that, in moments few, she was undrest
    Of all her sapphires, greens, and amethyst,
    And rubious-argent: of all these bereft,
    Nothing but pain and ugliness were left.

The ability that governs both borrowing bodies and changing one’s appearance. Thanks to the blessing of Hermes that she received in return for selling out her fellow nymph that she had made invisible to avoid the god’s lecherous gaze, Lamia gained the ability to freely transform between her female form and a gorgeous, many-colored snake. However, this transformation is extremely painful and should her Romantic's Delusion skill be compromised, she will immediately be transformed back into a snake out of panicked reflex. As a snake, her parameters drop immensely and most of her skills are rendered null.

Curse of Separation: C

And Lycius’ arms were empty of delight,
    As were his limbs of life, from that same night.
    On the high couch he lay!—his friends came round—
    Supported him—no pulse, or breath they found,
    And, in its marriage robe, the heavy body wound.

The double-edged sword that is Lamia’s destiny. Every time her Romantic's Delusion is exposed for what it is to her lover, he or she will leave her in heartbreak and die the next time they fall asleep. Lamia will love him or her despite them leaving her, causing her immense mental damage until she finds a new lover. So the cycle continues. The Corinthian youth Lycius was not the first, nor the last.

Noble Phantasm:

The leaves of willow and of adder’s tongue
    ’Real are the dreams of Gods’

Type: Anti-World
    Range: 10 meters - 2 kilometers
    Max Targets: N/A

If Lamia’s Romantic’s Delusion is her mentality intruding upon the minds of others, then her Noble Phantasm is John Keats’ world of wild romance and tragedy made manifest. A passive Noble Phantasm not entirely un-akin to a Reality Marble, Real Are The Dreams Of Gods fundamentally changes Lamia’s surroundings so long as she remains unexposed, eroding the rules of the world, grounded in uncaring physics and emotionless numbers, into a world of wonder, destiny and increased mana density. This area, little more than an a passing thought in the minds of dreaming gods, is essentially a small pocket where the world reverts itself to the Age of Gods. While the mana density in the air can become dangerous to modern humans if her Romantic’s Delusion allows her power to swell to greatly, it is hugely beneficial for the use of magecraft and works under every rule that applied in the Age of Gods, making things such as casting spells with merely words a reality. These advantages are not unique to Lamia, however, and so Servants from the Age of Gods will find that their power rises within her sphere of influence.

While Lamia has no real combat ability of her own to utilize this, being neither a trained mage nor someone who has ever taken part in combat, the bubble that re-establishes the Age of Gods in her proximity will allow the many nymphs, tritons and other spirits and beasts of the wild who swore her under their protection in Keats’ poem to manifest and do combat in her stead. While not able to stand up to many of the heroes they were contemporaries with, these spirits of the wild will still put up a fierce fight to protect Lamia.

Lore: The titular character of John Keats’ famous poem, Lamia was a nymph of incredible beauty trapped in the form of a snake. When Hermes descended from Olympus to Crete to search for an equally beautiful nymph he had seen from the mountain’s heights, Lamia appeared before the Olympian and begged before his winged feet to restore her to her original shape, that of the beautiful nymph, in return for revealing the nymph that she had previously rendered invisible to Hermes.

With her original beauty restored, she soared off to Corinth to meet the young man Lycius, with whom she had fallen in love at first sight when she saw him in a dream. Guilt-tripping and seducing her way into his graces and then marrying him, Lamia was ultimately exposed at her lavish wedding feast by the unfeeling philosopher Apollonius as a metaphorical snake who got into Lycius’ good graces for her own benefit, causing her to panic and return to her form as a literal snake, slithering back into the woodlands of Crete as Lycius died of heartbreak.

Personality: A hopeless romantic, but also a deceitful liar. ‘A virgin purest lipp’d, yet in the lore of love deep learned to the red heart’s core’. Though she tries extremely hard to preserve her image as a pure, innocent romantic, Lamia is willing to do anything for love, including deceit, murder, and selling out those who are in her trust, as the nymph in her forest on Crete once learned. Even if she trusts her Master deeply, she is unlikely to let down this facade.

As a Servant she is extremely likely to fall for a handsome or beautiful Master, and will in that case try to ensnare them in her delusions. If given an unattractive Master, both emotionally and physically, she will likely try to find herself a new Master, even involving people with no magical talent or capacity as a Master into the Grail War for the sake of her love, only to once again jump ship if that new Master would be in danger.

Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; October 22nd, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    That Lamia sheet is really cool. At first she just seemed like the usual "sympathetic monster" Servant, but it was her Romantic's Delusion Skill that really sold me on the concept.

Reminds me of how much I disliked that part of Keats' poem too. That just because you can explain something with logic it's no longer enjoyable or interesting is one of the most pernicious ideas of the so-called "romanticist" movement. (I do have a lot of sympathy for romantic ideals in general, but not that)

3 days left before voting begins!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    3 days left before voting begins!
    Time to start preping reviews then!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A lot of good submissions so far. It'll be tough to pick just three.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    A lot of good submissions so far. It'll be tough to pick just three.
    I'd already gotten most of my picks down, though a late entry bumped its way into third place.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Ah, what is it you require at this pleasant morning, Master? …Liu Ji overdrank again? (inhales) For f- (exhales) Please forgive me for the inconvenience, Master; I’ll take care of that mess right away.”

Source
    Servant Class: Archer of Jiangsu

Alternate Classes: Caster

True Name: Xiao He, Tireless Guardian

Alignment: Lawful Good

Place of Origin: China (Qin Dynasty)

Parameters:

Strength - D
    Endurance - D+
    Agility - C+
    Mana - B+
    Luck - B
    N.
    Phantasm - C

Info

Height: 169cm

Weight: 57kg

Dislikes: Partying, Liu Bang’s shenanigans

Talent: H.R. Management, “Reality checking”

Natural Enemy: Emperor Gaozu of Han

Traits: Male, Humanoid, Servant, Divine

Armament: Curved Staff, The earth itself

Catalyst: Xiao He’s Jade Seal of Authority

Backgrounds

Xiao He was a renowned Chinese statesman who played a pivotal role in founding the Han Dynasty as Liu Bang’s right-hand man. Starting from an no-name official, Xiao He was both the boss and childhood friend of Liu Bang. When rebellion is in full force, the statesman rejoined Liu Bang as adviser/ambassador for the Han Army. During the Han-Chu Contention, Xiao He used both his extensive knowledge of the land and logistics to steer the struggling Han Army into Western Chu. And by taking a leap of faith, the statesman managed to promote Han Xin to Commanding General, who landed multiple victories against the Chu Army.

Serving as Chancellor to Emperor Gaozu of Han, he reestablished the laws of the land and took after government and state affairs when Gaozu was fighting off the Xiongu. However, not even being a childhood friend made Xiao He free from Gaozu's suspicions; in great regret, Xiao He was forced to betray Han Xin through false charges of rebellion. And to his death, Xiao He served the nation and its people with fervent dedication. Afterwards, he was not only considered the most accomplished Chancellor in Chinese history but also as one of the Three Heroes of Western Han.

Although famed for establishing and preserving the foundations of the Han Dynasty, Xiao He is effectively bottom-tier as a Servant; he never fought in battles, possessed zero magecraft potential, and his accomplishments are all based on his influence over the people and his role as Liu Bang’s aide. Even his placement under the Archer Class is rather flimsy due to the only reasoning being the practice of the Six Arts. Thankfully, the powers of Phantoms can change that.

Phantoms

Zhang Fude was a folkloric figure who selflessly helped his fellow villagers during dire times. After dying at the age of 102, Zhang Fude was said to be made into the first Tu Di Gong. Commonly, Tu Di Gongs are earth spirits/genus loci who kept control over the crops, managed town matters and often gave blessings or wealth over their respective communities. Often, these spirits also protects their towns from the curses of malevolent beings. Because he is a purely fictional being to justify the Tu Di Gongs' existence, Zhang Fude is ultimately a Phantom that is unable to come to being by himself.

The Seven Sages of the Bamboo Grove are seven Taoist philosophers, poets, artists and musicians who escaped the Jin Dynasty’s clutches after criticizing their government system. Fearing for their lives, these scholars escaped to the groves of Shangyang near the modern Henan Province and spent their days partying and discussing transient matters without intrigue or care. Even believed to hold supernatural powers or are even manifestations of the groves themselves, these men were the subjects of poetry and art.

General Fu Bo was an elderly but powerful warrior from the tale “The Arrow that Pierced Three Hills.” Within the story, he stopped an large-scale invasion by placing a bet on making the enemy retreat as far as his arrow can fly. As Fu Bo walked onto the peak of a hill, he proceeded to shoot an arrow through two hills from different realms before splitting a distant mountain range. Afterwards, the enemy army retreated.

Due to all four beings sharing a similar mindset, the fusion allowed Xiao He to become Archer - emphasizing his role as one of the Han Dynasty's protectors. With the trees his bow and the earth his arrows, no harm will come to the statesman's allies.

Personal Traits

Normally, the large amounts of Phantoms infused to Archer might have caused some sort of imbalance in his mind. Instead, the influence of the three other Phantoms only resulted in the nullification of each other’s extreme traits; the pure compassion of Zhang Fude managed to cancel out both the Sages' rough criticality and Fu Bo's battle spirit. However, all three Phantoms' laid-back disposition mellowed out Archer by a large margin. The standing result is a Servant that is much more forgiving than his normal self would allow - however, the reprimands are still present.

As his "Protector" aspect is summoned, anyone aligned with Archer's Master are automatically considered to be under his guard. If anyone dares to take said Master's life are usually met with an immediate retaliation. Although the Master's safety is important to Archer, the people's wellbeing are ultimately his priority. Meaning if said Master does something that goes against humanity's safety, Archer will not follow through - period. Even if the Master uses a Command Seal to force Archer to obey, the collective will of the Phantoms will likely force Archer out of it.

No matter what, it’s difficult to think why Archer went through all this trouble with the Phantom fusion when he can simply be summoned as Caster. The truth is much simpler than what one would expect:

The wish to be useful.
    The wish to help.
    The wish to not be sidelined.

Even knowing the lower proficiency as a bowman, Archer hated that feeling of being useless. Normally buried under a calm veneer, this frustration was able to manifest openly due to Fu Bo’s eager tendencies. As such, he will always volunteer for any confrontation, no matter how difficult or wounded he is. Of course, even with the Phantoms' support Archer isn't really that strong to begin with; as such, it's best to not let him get too carried away...

Upon seeing the state in his homeland, Archer would resolve to guide China into the right path and be freed from corruption: without and within. This isn't due to any of the Phantom's influences - in fact, they only strengthened Archer's drive to fulfill said goal.

Extras:

(In spite of his self-imposed status, Archer is surprisingly humble about it. Treating it as his duty, the statesman would commonly shrug off any compliments to him. However, it would reach to the point of Archer being distant from others just to avoid the attention. This seemed to have stemmed from some sort of personal experience, but Archer refuses to elaborate any further.)

(Archer's personality as a Servant-Phantom fusion did not dull his sharp judgement for a bit. As someone who bailed Liu Bang out of prison multiple times for the latter's antics, Archer will bluntly shoot down any ideas that are either risky or downright insane. It doesn't help matters when said plans actually succeeds, where he would scold his Master/ally for the stupidly low chance of success it had. ...Still, he'll admit the boldness of it.)

(Because of his experience with Liu Bang's tendency to be too open with strangers, Archer will be openly skeptical when newcomers are allying themselves to him/his Master. After all, no one would suddenly join up if they have a personal agenda of their own; he knew first-hand when he recruited Han Xin, after all.
    "Remain cautious with that Servant, Master - twice has an elderly man betrayed us, and I do not think 'Third Time's the Charm' actually works in real life.")

Craft Essence/Relations

Rigged Ballot

All he needed was a little push-no, a shove in the right direction.
    Even when "he" shown great potential, the fool would rather live his life quietly in the middle of nowhere.
    While the world was in midst of great change and strife, "he" would choose to run away.
    So be it then; for the sake of the land, I will resort to base deception if it means to give the land a chance.
    The handwritings are hard to copy, but it'll be quick.

It has been years since the impossible was achieved.
    The land is safe, and the people sang praises for our deeds.
    Although I will never admit it, I did this not only for them, but for "him."
    I can never allow "him" to stagnate with a dead-end job.

'This was all for the greater good," I would say. But I knew better.

But since the day "he" accepted the Mandate, something changed.
    The smile shrank, and the flames in his eyes were steeled.
    Only Cao Shen and I remained in court.
    Even today, I kept thinking:

Was it worth it?

---

Relations with Other Servants:

Zhuge Liang/Lord El-Melloi II: "Ah, it is a pleasure to finally meet someone with a peerless insight worthy of a heroic title. Ah, I am talking about you, foreigner - not the proud fool within."

Enkidu: "You claim to have the capability to morph into many forms...? Ah, I was curious if you can shape yourself into an arrow - it is a idea, nothing more.

Gaius Julius Caesar: "... Oh, was I frowning? Forgive me, but your... presence reminded me of somebody I once knew."

Lü Bu: "...Such power! That sort of destructive potential was something that must be seen to be believed. Shame that he is reduced to a mindless beast; if not, he may be the only one to match the Overlord..."

Liu Bang(Saber): A complicated encounter. On one hand, this version of Liu Bang seemed genuinely apologetic over his less-than-ethical dealings after becoming emperor and his treatment over his former friends. On the other, he is still the lazy bum all those centuries ago. Nevertheless, the interactions between the two will be difficult. But given the appropriate amount of time, their strained friendship may mend...

Han Xin: Despite recruiting Han Xin solely for Liu Bang's success, Archer gradually warmed up to the wayward soldier. Han Xin's odd behavior can often be a struggle to understand, but it never really matter to Archer - after all, he had to keep Liu Bang under a leash since childhood. Eventually, the relationship between the two was something akin to father and son. And when Archer was forced to help orchestrate Han Xin's death, he never really forgave Gaozu for that act.
    "And before you ask, no - those white strands of hair are not just from stress."

Skills

Class Skills:

Independent Action - D+
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.

At this rank, Archer can only remain in this world for half a day without a Master. Although he was a loyal follower to Liu Bang, Archer was still self-conscious enough to act for himself or to speak against his friend’s mistakes. Thanks to Zhang Fude’s essence as an Tu Di Gong, Archer can draw mana from the earth for as an means of emergency sustenance. As it is “emergency sustenance,” it can be used in limited amount of times.

…Perhaps the boost can also be seen as Archer’s desire to not be noticed, really.

Magic Resistance - B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the developed Resistance that merely rejects magical energy, this Skill cancels the spells altogether.

Possess the ability to cancel three-versed spells. Even High-Thaumaturgy has difficulties in damaging Archer. Under normal circumstances, this Skill would possess a lower rank due to Archer's surprising lack of mystery. But with the help of Zhang Fude and the Seven Sages' supernatural affiliations, Archer's resistance towards magecraft is much higher than he deserves.

Personal Skills:

Affections of Humanity - B
    A Skill for those who loved and were loved by all of humankind in some time or place. It can be called the greatest blessing and curse in the world. All humans interacting with Archer will receive a great boost in their Luck parameter. Under special circumstances, they may even be able to break out of situations that would otherwise be impossible to escape from. However, this good fortune comes at the merciless expense of Archer's own happiness.

Unlike those who also shared the same Skill, Archer's circumstance is a bit different; instead of suffering from a one-sided exchange between him and other people, their reciprocation is what caused problems for the statesman. Because of his rising popularity among the common folk, it earned the jealousy of Emperor Gaozu. As such, Archer attempted to destroy his own reputation by taking the people’s lands; however, this was backfired when said citizens happily gave their land to him anyway. Of course, this agitated Gaozu further and resulted in Archer’s imprisonment for over a year.

“…I would prefer not to be in the center of attention Master; it is only natural that I help.”

Mystic Enforcer of the State - B+
    A Skill denoting one’s reputation as the benevolent guardian of a piece of land and its inhabitants. Similar to Demonic Defender of the State, this allows the user to mark regions by securing leylines prior to any engagements.

From Zhang Fude's influence, Archer's established territory grants him dominion over the earth within. Stone becomes armor, the very ground moves for him, and the creation of earthen clones are all possible. And assuming the opponents are of the Evil alignment, their mobility will be halved from the earth's pull upon their beings. However, the effects of the Skill will be removed if Archer leaves the ground in any way.

Even without the Phantoms, Archer was already considered a protector of the land's people ever since becoming Chancellor. The populace, along with rest of the imperial court, considered his laws and decisions fair. Corruption was controlled in the courts, despite Gaozu's decent into necessary evil. Even after death, some revered Archer as a guardian spirit not unlike Tu Di Gongs...

"A scholar I may have been, but the will of the land are now at my beck and call. Now close in on me - if you dare."

Powerless Shell - C
    A Skill that makes the user difficult to perceive as a Servant by declining one’s Parameters and suppresses one’s Skills.

Borrowed from Fu Bo, this allows Archer to assume the likeness of a harmless civilian. In turn, it will lower his Parameters to the point of non-existence. However, because of the general's blood knight tendencies, it is possible for a extremely keen eye to sense Archer's Servant-like powers. Because the existence of this Skill is not entirely Archer's, the ranking of the Skill has been lowered.

"...Who am I, you say? Why, someone of no consequence at all. ...No, that would garner even more suspicion. Back to square one."

Scholar’s Insight - EX
    A composite Skill made possible with the influence of the Seven Sages. The ability to perceive the patterns or workings of concepts, behavior or other phenomena. This is not a Skill inherent to the body, but received through decades of studying, learning and accidental discoveries. From music to even geography, this Skill is reserved for those who achieved deeper understanding of multiple subjects. Most of the knowledge are not particularly useful during combat, but if one is clever enough...

Originally called Six Arts, which consisted of knowledge on the six respected fields all intellectuals hold… But because of Archer’s fusion with the Seven Sages, his already vast arsenal of knowledge is increased sevenfold, mutating said Skill into something else entirely.

"How should I break this to you? Your plan is lackluster in terms of emergency escape and efficiency. However, here are some of my suggestions..."

Noble Phantasms

Tǔ Xià Zhuī Rén Shù
    Unstoppable Pursuit of Worthy Souls

Anti-Unit

"May this wealth be your undoing. From the earth below, strike!"

A Noble Phantasm created from a combination of Xiao He's dedicated chase of Han Xin, while combining Zhang Fude's ability to traverse through the earth in instantaneous speeds as a Tu Di Gong. Upon activation, Archer first dives into the earth, gathering the earth's wealth and minerals en masse. Encased in myriad jewels and ores, the Servant-turned-missile bursts out of the ground from below. From the eruption, Archer forms the ores into a large arrow-like missile before launching them to the enemy. The attack's severity and homing speed scales with how famed the enemy is, as someone like Heracles is more susceptible to the missile's pursuit than a Hassan. And when targeted, the missiles will never stray until their targeted enemy is struck - for the statesman's chase for heroic souls cannot be deterred so easily.

If Archer is within his established territory, then it is possible to activate the NP multiple times by using the earthen clones instead of himself, but without the boosted damage against famed heroes.

Qī Xián Dào Fǎ
    Sevenfold Logicbound Exposure

Anti-Defense

“…It is a waste of time to deal with the scoundrel’s defenses. How about we make it simpler?”

The "Trump-Card" Noble that is also a fusion of multiple anecdotes - namely Xiao He's skill in identifying weaknesses in many defenses, the Seven Sages' propensity to criticize the Jin Dynasty's corruption and flaws within their system and Fu Bo’s phenomenal archery prowess. When combined, it birthed a “Anti-Defense Noble Phantasm” capable of revealing weaknesses within those long thought hidden or impregnable. Upon the invocation of its True Name, seven bamboo stalks rises out of the ground, before gathering excess mana and drawing them towards Archer. Gathering the energy towards one of his earthen arrows, Archer launches the enhanced missile into his opponent. Although the “attack” deals a pathetically minuscule damage, its true purpose was never one to begin with.

From the previously mentioned attack leaves behind a glowing wound, and the intention behind the charged strike is revealed: the creation of a weakness, or a “clink in the armor,” if you will. With the creation of the weakness, any attack done to that specific spot will bypass all protection and deal increased damage. If the wound is afflicted on a fortress or other defensive structure, an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm can easily level said fortification. However, only attacks that are not Archer's can activate the effect.

Truthfully, the attack doesn't really create weaknesses; instead, Archer overloads the defenses. Like how Fu Bo’s arrow pierced the mountains of different realms, the missile strikes not the defense of stone or metal, but bypass the Noble Phantasm's physical framework and filling it with the magical energy from the inside. This results in it overflowing with mana, turning them into Broken Phantasms that may be permanently destroyed when being struck upon once more.

However, please note that this Noble Phantasm can only be used against other Noble Phantasms or armaments with the concept of "Defense" or "Fortify" behind them.

Notes:

Whew, two days before deadline.
    Last edited by SleepMode; October 29th, 2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Final Edits b/f deadline
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

"The men who came here called it 'Leviathan'. The ones who came before them called it 'Jormungandr'.
    The ones who have always been here call it 'Gaasyendietha'. Rejoice, Stylish Man, for the fire of the meteor has broken the ice."

Class: Archer

STR: D (A)
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Independent Action (B):
    Can survive for two days without a Master, provided no Noble Phantasms are used and prana is conserved
    as much as possible. Archer is a master hunter and survivalist.

Magic Resistance (A): Cancels spells A-rank or below. In practice, Archer is untouchable to modern magic. His resistance would
    normally be at rank E, but the fusion with the draconic phantom has boosted it to a level of one with the factor of the dragon.

Personal Skills

Draconic Defender of the State (A): A skill drawn from Archer's Territory Creation and the dragon's rule over the Isle of Demons,
    it allows for powerful wards to be set up over an area that Archer claims as his. Within his territory, all physical parameters are ranked
    up. Archer also deals extra damage to those with monstrous or bestial attributes, signifying his prowess as a hunter and an apex
    predator who does not permit rivals to encroach on his domain.

Shamanism (B): Archer is a highly skilled Native American shaman and spellcaster. He was noted to be able to summon animals to
    use as familiars and cast powerful protective effects. He is also attuned to various nature spirits, making him a good survivalist and
    tracker. His spiritual connection to North America mirrors that of the dragon, who claimed all the waters and the sky.

Monstrous Strength (A): Now that he has fused with a dragon of fire, Archer's curse of the winter has been degraded to a mere skill.
    He is able to temporarily give himself a large spike in STR, turning himself more into a legendary monster. However, the dragon will
    never allow the transformation to become complete, and will reassert itself, ending the boost with a blast of flame.

Equipment: Archer has numerous small melee weapons such as daggers and hatchets, with different blades made of obsidian and
    silver. His claim to his class is a modified British Army Spencer .52 semiautomatic rifle, with lead and silver bullets. The dragon's
    mastery over flame greatly increases his firepower, granting each bullet great explosive power.

Noble Phantasm

Wendigo Breaker~Snipe of the Soaring Meteor Dragon (B, Anti-Unit)

A silver bullet, in both the proverbial and literal sense, developed by Archer as a fusion of gunslinging and spellcasting over the
    course of his many hunts for the Wendigo. Simply put, upon firing, the red hot slug of silver is becomes wreathed in the fire that
    surrounds the great dragon Archer has fused with. If one can percieve the movement of the bullet in flight, it appears as though a
    gigantic flaming maw of the dragon is launched right at Archer's target. This offers both a massive increase in firepower and a wide
    area of effect for the cost of a single bullet. Archer starts the Grail War with fourteen of these bullets, one for each full-fledged
    Wendigo he killed, but more can be made given enough time and materials.

Background
    Jack Fiddler was the last chief and shaman of the Sucker clan of Northwestern Ontario, Canada. He was famed for being a great spellcaster
    and for being one of the brave few to hunt the Wendigo, a horrifying creature born from cannibalism. However, the irony is that his fame
    came from the very monster he hunted, as he was able to seal the spirit of the winter inside his own body, giving himself amazing strength
    and speed to "hunt his own kind".

In his current form as an Archer, he has fused with the phantom Gaasyendietha, an ancient dragon that dwells in the deep rivers and lakes
    of Canada. According to mythology, the dragon was born from a meteorite and has ruled the Eastern coast of Canada for eons, leaving a trail
    of fire in its wake as it flew across the sky. The fires seen from miles away led to legends about phantom islands dotting the Atlantic coast.
    The Isle of Demons, on the northern tip of Newfoundland, in particular, earned its name from the fires that spread over the island after the
    dragon made its roost there. Sightings of Gaasyendietha have been reported in the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario since the first French
    explorers arrived in the 1500s, and it was known the various Native tribes even longer before then.
    Gaasyendietha image
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 26th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "With this guitar, I shall wrench open the darkness and cut through the silence. Come Master, let our souls guide us on this new path...across the cosmos!"

True Name: Ludwig van Beethoven
    Title: "The King of Classical Music ROCK 'N' ROLL!"
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Earth (Human Era)
    Catalyst: Voyager Golden Record
    Armament: Electric Guitar
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Dislikes: Artistocrats, Ettiquette
    Talents: Preformance Arts,
    Natural Enemy: Napoleon Bonaparte

Personality/Overview
    Pompus and self-absorbed, Beethoven's massive ego is such that he would expect even kings to bow down and give him respect. Impossible to control, he will completely disregard any of his Master's orders and will frequently go off to do his own thing. Noticeably, he is disgusted by the commercialisation of modern music, "The expression of one's soul should not be tainted by greed!" Needless to say, a Master will need a very strong will in order to make him listen. Though he is not without a heart and would stand up to any Servants he saw committing evil deeds.
    The absorbption of the other musician's legacy in Voyager has granted rejuvenation to Beethoven, increasing his Parameters to their current level shown below as well as restoring his hearing.

His Wish upon the Grail? To travel around and preform for all the places that his music has touched.

Parameters:
    STR: (D) END: (E) AGI: (C) MGI: (A) LCK: (E) NP: (A)

Class Skills:
    Item Construction [False] - (D)
    Beethoven does not obtain the Item Construction Skill because he was not a Magus in life. However, by the unification of his spirit with the Voyager project has allowed him a limited equivalent of the Skill. As such, he was able to forge his cosmic guitar "Kreutzer" that he uses in his Noble Phantasm.

Territory Creation - (C)
    Beethoven cannot even create a simple Workshop due to him not being a Magus. Instead he can remodel any kind of stage into a Performance Venue that gives a plus modifier to the Parameters of all musical based Servants while inside it.

Personal Skills:
    Eye for Art - (B)
    The infatuation with works of art and other high culture. If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance that he or she might be able to figure out its true name.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit - (A)
    The temperament to never embrace authority and social rank. Beethoven would famously stop his performances if his noble audience dared to chat amongst themselves and would refuse requests to play at soirees if he didn't feel like it. Even the Archduke Rudolph decreed that the usual rules of court etiquette did not apply to Beethoven. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same or lower rank.

Unyielding Will - (C)
    A Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances. Beethoven never gave up hope as he slowly lost his hearing, and continued forward, believing in his skill and continued composing - creating some of his best works even after going completely deaf. Thus this Skill grants him some resistance to mental or sensory interference.

Noble Phantasm:
    Beethoven's Noble Phantasm takes the form of a black guitar called "Kreutzer" that is powered by cosmic energy instead of conventional electricity. Kreutzer appears to be made of a strange black compound not found on Earth and is strong enough to withstand blows from even the most powerful swords. The music created from strumming the guitar has the power to imitate the magecraft that a true Caster should be capable of using and so long as Beethoven's playing remains uninterrupted, he can keep his Noble Phantasm running. It goes without saying, but Beethoven can only play one song at a time. It takes three main forms:

Quasi Una Fantasia: Dance of the Pastorale - (C)
    Beethoven plays the hyper-active Pastorale and the music energises and takes control over any machinery located within 100 meter radius and he becomes able to freely control it. The machinery can range from RC cars to a train, the size doesn't matter. However, the more objects Beethoven tries to move then the less precise their movements will be. Once under his control, the machines can preform a variety of tasks, swarming the enemy to providing transport for Beethoven, whatever is required most.

Sinfonia Eroica : The Emperor's Concerto - (B)
    Beethoven's troubled piece, originally dedicated to his hero Napoleon, but when the mad tyrant announced himself Emperor - Beethoven declared that Napoleon was dead to him. Now this infamous song summons his hero turned enemy to assist him. This Napoleon takes the form of a giant (house-sized) Emperor Penguin decked out in Napoleon's iconic regal uniform. With strength matching that of a Berserker Class and iron defence this penguin is to be feared even by the Knight Classes. However, it's bulk makes it sluggish and it cannot move more than 50 meters away from Beethoven.

Encore from the Skies: Beethoven's Tenth Symphony - (A)
    Combining the musical power of his famous Symphonies 1-9, Beethoven plays his unfinished masterpiece - The Tenth Symphony. The waves from this song are so great that they cause nearby meteors to gravitate towards the Earth, and as they fragment through the atmosphere they look like a golden shower of light (See FC) raining around Beethoven, with each one powerful enough to punch through steel and the attack is wide enough to cover a whole city if needed. However, the complexity of the song requires absolute focus from Beethoven and so he cannot move once he has initiated this NP and so is vulnerable.

Lore:
    The year is 2XXX in a galaxy far, far away. On a distant planet a mysterious object falls from the sky. The residents crowd around this foreign capsule and pull a golden disc from it. After much studying, they figure out how to play it...and suddenly are blasted by strange sounds. The residents tried to understand the language and worked out that apparently there exists a blue planet named "E-arth" many light-years away and a man who lived there called "Beethoven" who created a bunch of amazing songs on a thing called a "Guitar" and dazzled the world over hundreds of years.
    Okay, so it looks like our friends from the stars may have misunderstood a few things. Nevertheless the legend got passed down throughout their generations, warping further and further and should the Voyager Golden Record be used as the catalyst, then this Phantom version of Beethoven - powered by all the other musicians on the Voyager Project would be summoned.

Creator's Notes (Please read!)
    So yeah, I know I promised a super scary sheet based on "Urban Legends" but various difficulties of life got in the way that culminated with me ultimately losing the file it was in. T_T
    Anyways, I was sitting in an internet cafe when I decided to go crazy and see what I could come up with in about an hour and this way the result. It's certainly crazier than anything else I've done and honestly I'm not even sure it fits the description of "Phantom" but I thought I'd stick it in anyway since my original sheet for the contest had to be scrapped.
    The keywords this time were "Beethoven" and "Cosmic". Obviously ClassicaLoid played a part in this, hence the FC. Special attention was made to have every name be some sort of reference to Beethoven's life or in some cases - multiple layered references.

As usual, comments and criticisms are heartily welcomed. ^_^b
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Beethoven: The idea of a Servant coming from alien legends strikes me as very unlikely given how the Nasuverse works, but this sheet is too ridiculously awesome for me to care. Cosmic rocker Beethoven is such a deliciously absurd concept, but you pulled it off with surprising sincerity. I love this one a lot, and with such awesome entries around I'll really have to give my votes some serious thought.

At first I was surprised by his lack of any kind of music-based Skill, but it makes sense since you folded his musical capabilities under his NP. My only critique is that Nature Of A Rebellious Spirit at rank A feels a bit too high just for someone who didn't care about social rank. Lu Bu, one of the most famous traitors in Chinese history/legend, only had it at B-rank, after all.

Blog Entries

source: yukke000

Name:
    The Bird and the Prince, The Happy Two
    Class: Ruler
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Likes: Charity, Kindness, Virtue, Good Things Unto All Men
    Dislikes: Sorrow, Greed, Despair, The Unfairness of Things
    Talents: Compassion
    Armament: A Heart
    Natural Enemy: Jeanne Alter, Emiya Shirou (HF)
    Image Song:A Perfect Picture

STR: C
    AGI: E
    CON: D+
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: EX

Class Skills:

God's Resolution
    The privilege granted to Rulers overseeing the Holy Grail War.
    • B: For each Servant in the War, two Command Seals are granted - one to the Bird, one to the Prince.

True Name Discernment
    Status information such as true name, Skills and parameters are instantly revealed to Ruler upon encountering a fellow Servant.
    • A: At this Rank, all information regarding a Servant is obtained following a successful Luck check. Such is the power granted to two entities who understood so gravely the heart of man.

Magic Resistance
    The power to neutralize the effects of Magecraft aimed against oneself.
    • C++: Grants protection from magical effects, increasing in intensity as the effects of Golden Rule (Being) increases.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule (Being)
    The ability for one's very body to acquire material value. At higher ranks, the Servant can in themselves be considered a commodity.
    • B: A Skill derived from the Prince comprising Ruler, whose existence as a Servant is a case curious indeed. The tale of the Prince, after all, begins with the boy himself long since deceased, acting instead solely through a statue fashioned in his likeness, and it only through the material wealth represented in this inanimate form that the tale and its teachings become possible. Thus, whilst his soul is summoned into the Servant container as a flesh and blood human (to whatever extent Servants truly possess such things), he will following his summoning undergo a slow transformation, rendering him the prized statue of the unfettered Prince so beloved in his story. A blade at his side, ruby rose pon the hilt. Sparkling sapphires for eyes. Skin of cold steel, dusted thick with gold leaf. Within a week of his being called forth, the form of the Prince is that of an object, unmoving and utterly resplendent. Whilst his mind remains unaffected and his capacity for speech is in no way diminished (quite the opposite in fact), Ruler's human component is through this process of petrification nonetheless rendered immobile.
    • As this is an innate quality of the Prince, rooted in the very narrative that makes his summoning possible, this is an unpreventable effect that bypasses any form of resistance. The only means by which Ruler's human half might return to its original state is through the forceful removal of his statuesque elements - the stripping of finery, removing his eyes, chipping away at gold-coated skin - a task oft accomplished through the Bird pecking away at its compatriot's flesh. However, it is not sufficient that they simply be removed; no, in accordance with Ruler's legend, the commodities taken from his body must then be given out to those less fortunate, those deserving, and it is only through these acts of charity that the Prince might retake human form - until the effects of the Skill set in again over the following week. Even then, this must be done out of a genuine sense of charity, not merely for Ruler's own benefit, for it is only in showing love for our fellow man that we truly become human.
    • Despite the complications this Skill poses for the pair of them, and the apparently-excruciating pain it inflicts on the Prince, neither aspect of Ruler regards it as a curse. Rather it is an opportunity for them both to do good in the world. In addition to their monetary value, any extracted portion of Ruler's statue form that is given away as an act of charity functions as a powerful protective charm, bringing good health and fortune to the holder.

Hopeful Journey
    The steps taken forward into the future, full of bright opportunity...

• A: "We went from the dark night and spiritual slavery to unknown wandering – in search of the bluebird." Such was one man's poetic reference to the Bird comprising Ruler, a being embodying hope in the pursuit of happiness. Merely being in Ruler's presence serves to bolster one's morale, for a time laying to rest fears and doubts. Pangs of hunger weigh no more on an empty stomach, rags seem as riches, and freezing cold suddenly ceases to sting. This is, however, a temporary effect; happiness is after all a fleeting thing, and not in the Bird's purview to without question bestow. The narrative of the Bird is to be pursued, and it is up to each individual to themselves pursue the Bird, working towards the sense of happiness that securing it brings. We must all in our lifetime chase after our own idea of the Bird, and Ruler despite their unerring benevolence will not rob man of the opportunity.
    • Life is a journey, and only those who journey on may continue to benefit from the effects of Hopeful Journey; once an individual receives the blessing of Ruler, this sense of hope will follow them for so long as they retain the resolve to chase after their happiness. This is not a supernatural effect, instead rooted solely in the affected target's own determination, for after all the great moral of the Bird's tale is that happiness and hope in the form of the Bird reside within us all along, that we need only discover. Has the additional side-effect of negating most other mind-altering and fate-manipulating Skills within Ruler's vicinity, protecting Ruler and their compatriots from interference.

Piteous Discourse
    Denotes swaying the hearts of others through appealing to their empathy, oft through a sense of pity.

• A: Once, there existed a swallow, proud and self-centered and - quite fittingly - flighty. And yet when he regarded the weeping visage of the Prince, framed as he was in metal and snow, he could not help but offer him his aid, for how the sight did touch him in his heart. Despite his protests of having business elsewhere, despite how the acts did torment him so, nonetheless did the ardent swallow pluck loose the Prince's eyes and peel away at gold skin, touched as he was by the sincerity of the Prince's heartfelt requests. So it was that, once the Prince had been blinded and laid bare to the cold, the swallow could not find it in himself to abandon him as winter set in, choosing instead to stay and die as the side of his dear friend.
    • Piteous Discourse is a Skill similar yet distinct in function to Charisma, embodying Ruler's ability to appeal to a target's better nature. As a Servant with little in the way of genuine combat ability and bearing only an honest desire to help his fellow man, this can be considered the one true defense Ruler has. A fascination effect that ignores one's evil tendencies or even mental pollution, this Skill is concerned solely with "whether the target is capable of compassion," improving their attitude towards Ruler and lessening any chance of aggression. To those with weaker wills, this can even serve as an enthralling attack, binding the individual to protecting the Prince and carrying out his will - much to the horror of Ruler.

np
    Noble Phantasms:

Sans-Souci's Diamond Heart
    Bird, Little Bird / Prince, Dear Prince / Shall We Go Together?

Type: Anti-World
    The Happy Prince was named such for he knew in the span of his young life naught but infinite joy, as within the palace where he resided "Sorrow was not permitted to enter." In the journey for the Bluebird of Happiness, children came upon the Palace of Happiness, where all manner of personified Joys did reside. Within the bosom of the Happy Prince rests a heart fashioned of lead, one of the most precious objects ever seen in his nation. To chase the Bluebird, a boy and a girl were given a beautiful diamond, with which they might see the true nature of things. Combined, the Noble Phantasm of Ruler is an "Anti-Sorrow" technique of the highest caliber, rejecting the illusion of a cold, uncaring world to expose the brilliant reality that lay buried beneath.

Ruler may at any time call forth the Sans-Souci Palace within which the Prince was born, a fantastic construction of marble and fine metals that has taken on the powers of the Bird's Palace of Happiness; the area within exists in such a state that it can only be called "sorrow-proof," working to prevent life's cruelties from daring pass through its gates. No man may do another injury, and death holds no meaning so long as this great fortress holds. Atop the Palace stands Ruler themselves, a solemn guard to ensure those within are able to do their business in peace.

The interior of this Noble Phantasm differs depending on the individual, and each person will perceive it in their own special way based upon their experiences. It is within the Palace of Happiness that one truly learns what Happiness is - not a thing to be obtained, sought after or stolen, but within every one of us and our surroundings, waiting to be found. A person in the palace sees personified the varying Joys they have known in their life, be if the Joy of Knowing a Family, the Joy of Being Loved, the Joy of Warm Food, and so on. Likewise do they see the "false" happiness in their lives that leaves them dissatisfied, the Luxuries such as the Luxury of Not Relying on Anyone, the Luxury of Being Able to Look Down on People, and the Luxury of Riches. Within the palace, bathed in the light of the Bluebird's Diamond, a person can undergo their own spiritual journey to recognise the happiness in their lives and achieve a state of satisfaction, knowing what they can do to make themselves truly happy and how they might never again lose their way.

The Diamond and the Heart both the Bird and the Prince bear, incidentally, have likewise combined into a single precious object, and this is the very last gift they have left to give. Should they, of their own will, bestow it on a person as one last act of charity, that person will receive the full power of the Palace at once. Their fate will from that point be altered such to guarantee them a happy life, wherein they will see the world for what it truly is and live chasing after what they truly long for, the happiness they truly deserve. This is the gift of a future, and no gift more precious could there ever be. In exchange for this ultimate show of love for mankind, Ruler's heart will then shatter as was in the story, and the Servant will fall. Both Bird and Prince perish with smiles on their faces, their great work fulfilled.

lore
    The Happy Prince is a literary character from the work of the same name by Oscar Wilde, written in the nineteenth century. In this fairy tale-esque narrative, there exists in a sorrowful town a beautiful statue depicting the Happy Prince, whose golden countenance concealed the heartbreak he felt at the misery of his people. Earning the attention of a passing swallow, he soon enlisted the bird's assistance in doing what he could for the people, offering them portions of his own body to help support them, until such time as the Prince was left barren and stripped of all beauty. Touched by his kindness, the swallow did then stay by his side and perish until winter swept in, breaking the Prince's dear heart. Following this, the corpse of the swallow and the shattered heart are taken up to the Kingdom of Heaven, where for their shared selflessness God Almighty judges them the two most precious things in all the city and invites them to Paradise. Called forth as a portion of Ruler, the phantom of the Happy Prince is a boy more determined than ever to live in service of others, sincere in his conviction that having already lived a happy life for himself, he should use his time as a Servant to assist his fellow man. Even constrained though he may be through the role of a Ruler, he sees no issue in helping to guide the participants in the Holy Grail War, Master and Servant alike, doing what he can to minimise the damage the War inflicts upon the innocent whilst showing his fellows the path to their own personal happiness.

The Bluebird of Happiness
    is a recurring symbol throughout human culture, though the phantasmal existence comprising Ruler draws primarily from the European tradition. Here, the Bluebird is a symbol of both happiness and hope, which men live wandering in search of. Perhaps the most famous depiction of the Bluebird in this tradition is a play by Maeterlinck in which two siblings chase after the bird at the behest of a fairy - only to learn that the bird was at home all along, concluding their journey now appreciative of the happiness of their underprivileged life did provide. As an aside, Wilde himself wrote on the Bluebird, and at least one story featuring the entity was written in his honour, providing a sufficient basis for the connection between the Bird and the Prince. While the Bluebird is actually capable of manifesting as a Servant in its own right by drawing on the full extent of its legend, the portion of Ruler seen has deliberately limited itself to a small portion of the story seen in Europe so that it might equally fuse with the Prince. While the Prince works to the happiness of others, the Bird strives to bring happiness to the Prince himself.

Blog Entries
    Uh oh... I may have read the deadline wrong and thought I still had a day left... I wonder if I'll make it.

This is my second time ever creating a servant and first time submitting into the contest since I just joined the website yesterday. I understand that the same exact sheet can't be used twice so I edited it to be somewhat different without changing the whole character and I hope there was enough changes made to still qualify.

Class: Assassin
    Alternate Class: Saber and Archer
    Identity: The Phantom Soldier, combined form of the phantoms Colonel Sebastian Moran and The Tinderbox Soldier
    Alignment: Neutral
    Origin: British Literature and Danish Fairy Tale

Parameters:
    Strength- B
    Agility- C
    Endurance- C
    Mana- E
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Height: 6'1"
    Weight 204 lbs.
    Dislikes: Cats, Magus, and Detectives
    Talents: Hunting, Obeying orders, and Killing people
    Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes, Magic users who refuse to answer questions, Hans Christian Andersen
    Attribute: Human
    Armament: A single silent air rifle, regular steel longsword, and a plain looking tinderbox
    Catalyst: a rifle and a handful of matches

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment (C)- Ability to conceal one's aura from others, though it must be dropped before attacking. The Phantom Soldier is using Moran's own skill who was able to successfully hunt tigers and other humans without much danger plus he almost got the drop on Sherlock Holmes at one point but fell for Holmes' own ambush instead.

Personal Skills:
    Marksmanship (A-B)- Colonel Sebastian Moran was an expert hunter and sniper with Sherlock Holmes being the only "prey" to have survived against him and only because Holmes outsmarted Moran. Moriarty's Chief of Staff was also credited by Sherlock Holmes as being "one of the best shots in the world." If for whatever reason Assassin finds himself using a pistol instead of a rifle his marksmanship skill degrades from an A rank to a B rank.

Instinct (C)- Both Moran and The Tinderbox Soldier possessed the instinct to survive in a war as well as dodge bullets aimed at them as that was a common threat on the battlefield. This skill does not help with predicting the future like others who have instinct but rather it allows Assassin completely dodge bullets and to instinctively know where his opponent is within a quarter mile radius to better avoid and set up ambushes. "A hunter must know where his prey is so that the hunter does not become the hunted."

Noble Phantasm(s):
    The Silent Hunt- The Right Hand Man's Rifle (D, Anti-Unit) Moran's air rifle is the first of the servant's noble phantasms and the one primarily used. The Phantom Soldier's rifle was originally described as "a silent air rifle that fired revolver bullets." The true power of this weapon is that when combined with a successful usage of presence concealment, the probability of the bullet missing is eliminated and a critical or fatal wound is fate. If the target is aware of the servant's presence then the attack loses this special ability and is just a regular servant enhanced air rifle until the next assassination attempt though the rifle is able to keep it's silent quality while firing. Should the rifle be disabled then Assassin would be without his primary weapon for the rest of the war as he has no way of repairing or replacing the rifle. The mana cost for this noble phantasm is relatively low unless the requirements for the weapon's special ability is met in which the mana consumption is drastically higher.

The Sword of the Nameless Tinderbox Soldier- Off With the Secretive Witch's Head (B, Anti-Magus) Building off the legend of how the soldier remorselessly decapitated the witch when she refused to answer his question, this sword specializes in killing foes who use magic in fights. The usage of the longsword increases the soldier's ranks in strength, agility, and endurance by one rank against casters and other magus as well as increasing magic resistance to the rank of A+. Besides boosting the servant against magic users, the sword also rewrites causality when delivering the fatal blow against magic users so that the cause of death is always decapitation even if it was originally going to be impalement or the victim was to bleed to death. When the sword is used against foes that do not rely on magic then this is just considered a regular longsword enhanced by the servant with no other special qualities as there is nothing truly special about a sword used by a soldier with no name.

The Tinderbox- Go Forth My Infernal Hunting Hounds (A, Anti-Team) The legendary tinderbox from Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale is the final noble phantasm of this servant. Assassin has two main purposes for this deceptively dangerous noble phantasm: summon the hellhounds connected to the tinderbox to supply the servant and his master with money or be sent to aid in a fight the servant is involved in. Striking the tinderbox once summons the smallest hellhound, twice for the middle, and three times for the largest. Should desperate times call for desperate measures then the three dogs can combine into a Cerebus-like creature that is covered in copper, silver, and gold armor and spitting out fire with each bark. Even if the hounds are destroyed, so long as the tinderbox stays intact the servant can call forth the fully restored hellhounds after an hour, day, or three days for each dog respectively from smallest to largest. If just one of the hounds are destroyed then the ability to form a creature like Cerebus is impossible until the defeated hound regenerates as all three are needed to achieve this form. The tinderbox is not very durable and can be destroyed with a single well placed attack but the dogs will instinctively defend the box not matter what because if the box breaks then the dogs will disappear permanently.

History:
    The servant is actually the combined form of two phantoms so that they could qualify for the status of servant since they weren't capable of doing so on their own. The two figures were Colonel Sebastian Moran and The Tinderbox Soldier whose combined form became known as The Phantom Soldier.

Colonel Sebastian Moran was once a decorated and well regarded solider of the British army and was a renowned hunter on the Indian subcontienent. This all changed when he retired from the army and went on to work under Professor James Moriarty until the mastermind's death at Reichenbach Falls. Following the events leading up to Moriarty's death, Moran set into motion a plan to attempt to kill Sherlock Holmes once the detective came out of hiding but until then he spent his days gambling while playing cards at different clubs and winning by cheating. The plan failed in the end and Colonel Moran was arrested which put an end to his status as the "second most dangerous man in London." The man then faded from history as a disgraced former soldier though his tiger hunting record in India stayed for several years until that was beaten and he was almost completely forgotten.

The Tinderbox Soldier was a regular soldier whose life was ultimately changed when he encountered a witch on his way back from a war. The witch talked him into doing her a favor by climbing into a giant hollowed out tree and fetching a tinderbox for her that was guarded by three dogs of increasing size (ranging from one having eyes the size of tea cups to the largest having eyes the size of a large round table.) The soldier followed the witch's advice and peacefully subdued the canines and acquired as much gold as he could hold within his clothes before returning to the witch with the tinderbox. The nameless soldier asked the witch what made the tinderbox special but after she refused the soldier threatened to decapitate her if she doesn't tell him. The Soldier swiftly decapitated the woman without hesitation as soon as the witch said no a second time with the man then using her apron to help him carry the gold and the tinderbox to the nearest kingdom. After spending all the gold the soldier discovered that striking the tinderbox allows him to summon the dog that corresponds to the number of times the tinderbox was struck. The solider used this newfound power to acquire money the dogs would bring him as well as using the dogs to kidnap a locked away princess multiple times before he was arrested. While in prison the soldier manipulated a child into bringing him the tinderbox from his home which he then used before he was to be executed to kill off the judges, king, and queen by having his hounds toss them up into the air causing them to "shatter" upon crashing back into the earth. The soldier was then crowned king after this massacre and the dogs "led" the people into cheering for the new king as he took the locked up princess as his queen. Though this man became a king his name was not recorded and thus his legend slowly faded from history as this story by Hans Christian Andersen slowly fell into obscurity.

Appearance:
    The Phantom Soldier does not have any real outstanding features besides his old military uniform and a rather average appearance though he is a bit tall. The uniform is obviously an old officer uniform but for which military is unknown and the uniform seems to be missing anything to indicate a military rank. Overall the servant's appearance wouldn't make him stand out too much in a crowd should he hide his weapons and changed out of his old uniform though he still has the appearance of a middle aged man. The fact that the servant doesn't stand out is one that he greatly appreciates as an assassin. "It is far easier to get away with an assassination if you don't stand out in the crowd."

Personality:
    On the first impression the servant seems to appear as a cold and calculating man who calmly observes before acting. Beneath this persona is a servant that is driven by loyalty and his own ambitions courtesy of Colonel Moran and The Tinderbox Soldier respectively. He is more than willing to cheat to win what he desires and will persistently pursue his prey even if he has wait patiently for extended periods of time. Something that will easily agitate the man to the point of nearly going ahead and killing is to refuse to answer a question he asked.

Relationships:
    There are not many individuals that The Phantom Soldier associates himself with beyond his master and his/her allies. Despite their status and appearance as hellhounds, The Tinderbox Soldier's adoration of the dogs has rubbed off on The Phantom Soldier. Colonel Moran's devotion to Moriarty was to such an extent that should Assassin ever encounter his former boss he would immediately resume following his orders so long as the order is not to kill their master or sabotage them in any way. Assassin has a kill on sight policy concerning Sherlock Holmes as well as any Caster or magus who refuses to answer questions when he asks them as Colonel Moran holds a grudge for the former and The Tinderbox Soldier for the latter.

Creator Note(s):
    So that was my second attempt at making a servant. I was originally just going to have the servant be The Tinderbox Soldier but I was not sure his legend would qualify him to actually be a servant so I decided to go with the FGO Moriarty/Lobo route and have him combine with another figure to justify the status as a servant. Sebastian Moran was chosen due to his marksmanship and because he was the first idea I had after being reminded of how FGO justified Moriarty and Hessian Lobo. The original version was already posted before I knew about this competition and the theme for this voting period would be phantoms. Upon discovering that the competiton would be between servants who were phantoms I quickly went to work on editing this one to try and fit the requirement for changes though even that mark I thought I missed.

One of the things I originally considered was that since this is two separate phantoms who could have almost become servants was to apply the same trick Semiramis did in that the other post has the class be Assassin/Archer like Semiramis' Assassin/Caster combo instead of just Assassin. In the end I decided to just for the Assassin Class for the version submitted to the contest.

I can understand if the choice of calling this servant The Phantom Soldier doesn't make sense at first. Originally I was going to refer to this combined servant as "The Soldier Who Became A King" but that seemed like a mouthful and while The Tinderbox Soldier was originally planned to be the primary servant in this combined form, more and more of Moran started to appear until that original name wouldn't have fit as well. If someone has a name that could work better then be my guest and suggest it because who knows I might just change it to that if I use that name sometime later.

I just pray I didn't do too bad of a job with this servant and the edits I made to it. If there was not enough changes made I will humbly step out of the competition. Over all may be the best servant sheet win.
    Last edited by Bylackbre; October 27th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the dumb question, but when it exactly does it end?
    at the midnight of 27?

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book