Page 576 of 858 FirstFirst ... 76476526566571574575576577578581586626676 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,520 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Given her second name is Indrasti, it's very obvious whose sister she'd be, which is the main reason why I oppose to that OC

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Avenger
    Alternate Class(es): N/A
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil?
    Region: Ireland
    Height/Weight: Variable
    Likes: Nothing supposedly (People who fight against fate, War)
    Dislikes: Nothing supposedly (People who break promises, Comical ineffectiveness)
    Talent: Omen Fortelling
    Natural Enemy: Scathach, Cu Chulainn
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Divine, Female, Humanoid, Servant
    Armament: Spear

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: A
    LCK: C
    NP: B
    Skills

Class Skills:

Avenger: C

A Class Skill of the Avenger class, representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate loathing and resentment. When receiving damage, mana generation is increased.
    A Goddess of War and Fate, she is arguably an incarnation of universal karma itself, though not carrying out personal grudges.

Oblivion Correction: B

A Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened.
    She always remembers, she never forgets, she never forgives.

Self-Replenishment (Mana): A+

A Class Skill of the Avenger class. Magical energy endlessly gushes forth until revenge is taken. Recovers magical energy every turn, even if it’s just a small amount.
    Divine in nature and connected to Divine Spirits of the Earth itself, she possesses special advanced regeneration abilities.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance: EX

A visual ability that is also called 'Eagle Eye'. This is generally a must-have ability of the Archer class. It is also frequently used during scouting. Simply looking from a high location is sufficient to fully survey a town and search for enemies. In addition, Clairvoyance will affect the accuracy of bows. It connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this Skill have acquired abilities such as precognition ('future vision') and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth). It is a Skill furnished on the flesh.
    At this rank, one is said to be able to see through the past and the future.

Goddess's Divine Core: B

A Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from change no matter how much calories are absorbed.
    Avenger was a Trinity Goddess. Though membership varied upon each legend, one was typically a human, alternatively an offshoot, therefore confining the rank. It is unsure whether the servant is one of the singular members of the trinity or instead a composite of all the members.

Evening Bell: B

An evening bell that informs people of the funeral rites and makes the arrival of death resound. A unique skill whose activation effects have become one with these rites.
    She is one who walks with death, always present at the time, watching and waiting. She is a symbol of passing and feared by all equally regardless of station. Unlike the Old Man of the Mountain, her duty is not to bring death to those who have lost sight of their mortality, but be present in anticipation when one arrives and when they leave to lock the door on the empty room behind her.
    Do you hear the raven caw? She is there, always has and always will be.

Shapeshift: A

A Skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change.
    Able to take on a myriad of forms, she appeared and interacted with Cu Chulainn in the forms of an eel, a wolf and a heifer. Though able to easily warp her humanoid form easily she prefers the form of animals when the need arises – particularly black feathered birds.

Noble Phantasm

But You Did Not Know
    Morrigan

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: ?
    Maximum Targets: 1

Avengers Noble Phantasm is the ultimate curse that ends the life of the target. A phenomenon similar to the fifth magic where the timeline warps and the time of “death” is brought forwards. A concept similar to the witch that resides in the realm of the dead, however the true guardian of death is Avenger herself.

The overall effect is largely dependent on the whims of Avenger; even though the effect is 100% unavoidable, the time of “death” can vary. If attacking with the upmost malice then her opponent may fall into ribbons on the spot, the targets death may be brought forward to occur at an unfortunate or tragic time or be offset to occur within the next decade. If the target is capable of death, they are already dead.

Lore

The Morrigan is the shape-shifting Celtic Goddess of War, Fate and Death. One of the triple Goddesses in Celtic mythology. She represented the circle of life and was associated with both birth and death. Her name translates to “great queen” or “phantom queen”, despite comparison she is not connected to Morgan le Fay of Arthurian legends. She was a shape-shifter and looked over the rivers, fresh water and lakes. She is also described as being the patroness of revenge, magic, priestesses, night, prophecy and witches. She is often depicted as a triple goddess but this varies by source. In Celtic mythology, the number three has incredible significance. At times, Morrigan is featured as one of three sisters while other times she is a singular figure.

It is difficult to find the exact origin of Morrigan in existing texts. Some say that she was part of the Tuatha de Danannaand either a consort or mother of Dagda. However The Morrigan's earliest appearance as an individual, are in stories of the Ulster Cycle, where she has an ambiguous relationship with the hero Cu Chulainn. The young Hound of Ulster encounters the Morrígan, but does not recognise her, as she drives a heifer from his territory. This was an offer of protection but he declined and she was insulted, so she transformed into many animals to go after his life. He was able to repel every attack, and he even went as far as treating the wounded Morrigan. She came to admire that nobility from the bottom of her heart, deciding to support him without his knowledge. She did not want to destroy his pride, so she decided not to help him when he was in his greatest perils and simply observed the way of a hero.

However after she reveals her identity with the spearman telling her that had he known before, they would not have parted in enmity. She notes that whatever he had done would have brought him ill luck. To his response that she cannot harm him, she delivers a series of warnings, foretelling a coming battle in which he will be killed. She tells him, "it is at the guarding of thy death that I am; and I shall be."

In his final hours, Cu Chulainn ties himself to a standing stone with his own entrails so he can die upright, and it is only when a crow said to have been the incarnation of Morrigan who continued to give him her unrequited love, lands on his shoulder that his enemies believe he is dead.

Character

A cold, smug and dominating queen. A spirit of war and vengeance. The Morrigan expresses the qualities of the very death she stands watch over as personality traits….
    Actually, this is just an image she’d like to maintain for herself.

In reality, she tries to act edgy but comes off like a know-it-all, she’s easily flustered and more lewd than you’d expect. But despite this she’s surprisingly devoted to someone who proves themselves worthy to her. A housewife who tries to act in her 20’s. Is she having a mid-life crisis?

Creators Notes:

Another incomplete profile from the backlog folder that I haven't touched in ages, I long lost inspiration to finish it so I figured I'd post what I had instead of deleting it and see if people had feedback and commentary to improve it.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea that bringing time forward to enemy's time of death, sounds very cool. Visually, I think her enemy will start growing older then BAM cancer or heart attack. Very digging the faceclaim too.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    When I first read sheets, I usually see the FC first if I don't know the person, so sometimes I kinda miss out on good sheets because I don't know the sheet's character and the sheet's FC.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Same but I skip FC that I recognize.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Though this will be overshadowed by Hermes' sheet, since I just finished this one I might as well post it anyway.

Archer of the Bush
    Faceclaim

FC Link
    Servant Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Fumo Liyongo
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Africa (11th century)
    Armament: Bow, dagger

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MANA: D+
    LUCK: C
    NP: C

Skills
    Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - Rank D: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Independent Action - Rank B+: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells.
    It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage. Further, Archer is capable of living off the land in a very literal sense, gaining a little magical energy simply from being in nature. She can also forage and hunt to sustain herself, receiving far greater benefits from this than normal Servants would.

Personal Skills:

Charming Singer - Rank A: A unique Skill, representing both her charisma and her talents as a singer and poet. Known in life for turning the men of the bush, normally quite averse to outsiders and leading a solitary existence, into stalwart allies. She could also charm entire crowds of people with her music.
    Instead of being a Skill for use in battle, Charming Singer allows Archer to request things such as aid or resources from others. Similar to a charm-effect, there is a chance to compel targets to follow Archer’s requests or instructions.

Deadeye - Rank B: A Skill representing Archer’s success in hunting, war and contests. She would only nock an arrow when she was certain that the shot would hit dead on. As a Servant, her habit has transformed into the ability to “certainly hit” whenever she nocks an arrow.
    Outside of Skills that would counter projectiles or blocking her arrows outright, her arrows will never miss as long as she can see her target at the moment of firing.

Robust Health - Rank A-: A Skill that is made up of anecdotes of "not receiving a wound on the battlefield" and "never becoming sick even once since birth". It is also a composite Skill and includes Poison Resistance.
    Attacks received have their damage reduced. However, in Archer’s case, there exists a weakness that can be exploited to bypass her defenses, in the form of weaponry made of copper.

Noble Phantasms

Song of Merriment
    Gungu Wimbo

Anti-Army, Rank C

One of Archer’s most famed acts recreated as a Noble Phantasm. It is not invoked by its true name, however, but is rather activated by Archer’s singing. As the song’s words are not recorded in myth or history, it manifests as wordless song, evoking a feeling of happiness in whoever hears it. The wordlessness works in Archer’s favor, as it bypasses cultural and lingual barriers, even reaching beasts that do not know the language of man.
    Upon hearing her song, targets must succeed in a Luck check or be forced to dance. The effect is a mental attack by nature, and may even last for hours after Archer stops singing, but the effect’s duration on Servants is greatly reduced, lasting a few minutes at the most. While the targets are dancing, Archer can either attack at her leisure or make an escape while her opponents are distracted.

Description
    Dislikes: Islam, being still
    Talents: Self-sufficiency, showing off
    Natural Enemy: Her mother

Archer’s true identity is Fumo Liyongo, the King of the Bush. She isn’t fond of her title, however.
    Liyongo is exuberant, appearing as energetic and full of life no matter the circumstances. She is unused to the thought of staying still, preferring to be on the move if at all possible. As a hunter, however, Liyongo can still her energy if need be - and perhaps her frequent hunts caused her current buildup of excess energy in the first place.
    Though recorded in tales as a man, Liyongo was a woman in reality. As her legends were written down by Islamic scholars, they portrayed her instead as a man, this being more fitting to their values. The era of Liyongo’s life is also noted to be one during which there was a shift from matrilinearism to patrilinearism, further cementing her portrayal as a man in later recordings.
    As a performer, Liyongo enjoys being in the spotlight, and proudly declares her identity even to prospective enemies. In a Holy Grail War, she would delight in meeting another Servant with musical leanings, wishing to test her music against theirs. There isn’t a type of Servant that she particularly dislikes, other than perhaps self-righteous or tyrannical rulers.
    Given her status as an Archer, Liyongo would move very independently in the modern world, and would likely fall in love with the concept of nightclubs, as they combine several of her favorite things in life: dancing, music and drinking.
    Her wish to the Holy Grail would be to restore her true image as a woman. However, upon learning of the modern world, her wish might change into being one of true incarnation.

As a side note, Liyongo is also famous for composing several love songs and poems that have been preserved for posterity. In truth, she wasn’t attempting to court anyone with these works, but rather had grown weary of the ham-fisted attempts of others to court her. The love songs and poems were made as an example for possible suitors.

Lore
    Fumo Liyongo was a Swahili writer and chieftain on the northern part of the coast of East Africa somewhere between the 9th and 13th centuries. She is celebrated as a hero, warrior and poet in traditional poems, stories and songs of the Swahili people, many associated with wedding rituals and gungu dances, and Liyongo herself is credited with many such songs and poems.
    Her father, ruler of the city-state of Shaka, had two sons – Liyongo the elder, and Mringwari. On her father’s death, Mringwari was chosen as ruler and Liyongo was imprisoned: she escaped, joining the villagers and ivory hunters on the mainland, and building a reputation for bravery, chivalry, generosity and justice.
    Among her adventures were joining an archery contest held by the king, winning it and escaping with the prize. She also thwarted mercenaries and assassins that were sent after her to the mainland. Eventually, she was captured and imprisoned, but escaped through song, charming the people outside her prison into dancing and then managing to free herself, fleeing while her captors were distracted.
    She was eventually killed by her own son, who had discovered a weak spot in her famous endurance. It was said that her death came from a copper dagger, stabbed through her navel. As her son made his escape, Liyongo is said to have drawn her bow to slay him, but could not go through with the act. She died with her bow still held in her arms, the arrow that would’ve slain her killer held taught against the bowstring, even in death.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Caster Tesla could have a Skill that lets him use pigeons as familiars, to represent his fondness of them in life. He'd obviously have his "Teleforce" death-ray as an NP, but maybe to set it apart from System Keraunos he'd need to supply it with an external source of electricity to power it? I'm imagining a scenario where he hooks it up to all of Tokyo or [insert city here]'s electrical grid to fire a lightning beam on par with Excalibur. (Think the Positron Beam Rifle from Eva). You could also give him something related to Wardenclyffe Tower or the "Tesla World System" as an NP, possibly allowing him to attack remotely by conducting lightning blasts through the earth itself.I wrote up Otrera as a Servant a while back so I have a few ideas for her. Since she was the founder of Amazonia, maybe an NP that lets her summon Amazons descended from her or borrow their abilities in some fashion? The Labrys- a famous symbol of Matriarchy that was once wielded by Zeus to create storms- or the flock of sacred birds Ares sent to guard the temple she built for him could also make for cool NP ideas.I know just about nothing on Indian/Egyptian mythology, so I can't give any suggestions on those. Sorry.
    Mhm i had a similar idea Royd thank you i will use your Suggestion of Tesla. I plan to give him "Enginer" which is a combi of the both Creation skills and enabling him in combination with one of his Nobelphantasm the Manufacturing of Devise /Mashine based Nobel phantasm like Gravios Metharstarsis based on one anecdotical Gadget he shoed in one presentation.I plan to make the Artemision of Ephesos her Caster nobelphantasm ,and besides Caster i atest her Archer,Saber and Rider qualifications.i will try to use your suggestions.Okay nevertheless thank you for your honesty seems that im the specialist in regard to Egyptian Mythology her or atleast its my speciality .
    Be the Blessing of the Pharaohs with us !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Given her second name is Indrasti, it's very obvious whose sister she'd be, which is the main reason why I oppose to that OC
    No she isnt Indras sister or the of a Deity.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liyongo: Interesting sheet. Is her Deadeye Skill like a projectile version of Musashi's Empyrean Eye?

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Archer of the Bush: It did not disappoint me. It's great. And it has a nice justification for a genderbent.

Personally, I don't comment too much on African sheets because all I knoe about Africa is Baba Yetu. But, this sheet is nice in general and triggered an inspiration for a sheet. Good job.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Liyongo: Interesting sheet. Is her Deadeye Skill like a projectile version of Musashi's Empyrean Eye?
    I hadn't thought of it like that, but yes, kind of. I was originally going for Marksmanship, but by my reading that's for firearms and firearms only, so I had to go with something else.
    Maybe there's something similar to the difference between Eye of the Mind (True) and (False) going on?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Liyongo is actually quite a good sheet. The skillset is far better than the group of generic skills (Charisma, Battle Continuation, Clairvoyance) I'd have given her. If I may say something is that, since from what I've read, she's like the African version of Achilles and Sigurd, she deserves a defensive NP rather than just Robust Health. Well, also, perhaps a mention about her generosity in the personality section.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    No she isnt Indras sister or the of a Deity.
    I was referring to Arjuna, though

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Liyongo is actually quite a good sheet. The skillset is far better than the group of generic skills (Charisma, Battle Continuation, Clairvoyance) I'd have given her. If I may say something is that, since from what I've read, she's like the African version of Achilles and Sigurd, she deserves a defensive NP rather than just Robust Health. Well, also, perhaps a mention about her generosity in the personality section.
    The generosity didn't really come off as such from the songs and poems I read. I mean sure, Liyongo does give people stuff, but most of that is just stuff like water from a river or fruit from a tree - not really Liyongo's own property, and more something the people could've gotten by themselves. I did sorta skim my sources, though.
    As for the lack of a defensive NP, the whole invulnerable folk hero -shtick is a bit tired from what I've read, especially among African heroes, who are all invulnerable giants for some reason. So basically I decided not to give my Liyongo something like that, wanting to make her more of her own hero, without abilities too similar to those of other, more famous heroes (and as far as I know, I guess I succeeded in that).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It's funny how almost every culture has a hero that is "invulnerable except for this particular point" (with the exception of Karna with K&K, but he loses it later, so it's good)

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    We call that 'rule of Drama'.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It's funny how almost every culture has a hero that is "invulnerable except for this particular point" (with the exception of Karna with K&K, but he loses it later, so it's good)
    Would count also Samson and Goliath(if you count the forehead as his "particular" point) there ? And Indrasti is atleast Arjunas halv-sister...

- - - Updated - - -

Hasnt actually some one ideas for Saladin and the Pandavas or the Pharaons ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The "invulnerable except here" is a defensive trait, and Samson was more offense than defense. Goliath was, for the millionth time, just a big guy with his heart and size being the only special things about him

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Goliath was a loser who is only famous for losing like a chump to some twink shepherd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Let's see. Karna, Siegfried/Sigurd, Achilles, Esfandiyar, Balder, Liyongo, Duryodhana*, Ferdiad, Antaeus, Caeneus, the Nemean Lion, etc

* this is where I had to start Googling for more examples

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goliath was just intimidating due to being swoler than the Israelites and invoking the ancient taunt of "1v1 me IRL scrubs." Nowhere is it ever said that he was supposedly invincible.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    JetKinen talked a while ago about wanting to see a Dom Pedro II sheet, so I thought I might link to an interesting one I stumbled across online in case it inspires someone.