Page 47 of 369 FirstFirst ... 37424546474849525797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Okay, thanks for the advice. I wasn't certain because the May contest was skipped.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataquack Warrior View Post
    Okay, thanks for the advice. I wasn't certain because the May contest was skipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataquack Warrior View Post
    Every other month, bro. Odd numbered months are Create-a-Mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Ah, I get it now. Sorry. I haven't been frequenting the site as often of late, so I hadn't paid attention to that detail.

Blog Entries
    I gave in the upcoming month's prompt, at least, so I hope it'll be fun!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what people make from here on out. ^^;

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    It's June and we have a prompt so MIGHT AS WELL DO THIS NOW

Sunny, clever little bunny that she is, has commanded thus

19th Century heroic spirits

We haven't really done a time period-specific prompt and part of me is always interested in servants who straddle the end of the typical cut-off for qualification. They could be relatively weaker spirits like Mata Hari or ones who find a way to excel in an unexpected direction, like Tesla's galvanism/genius or Li Shuwen's martial skill. But I'd like to see what people can do with the threshold and margins of fame and legend.
    For simplicity's sake, I'll attach a codicil that includes people who were born in the 19th century, but not necessarily active in it, like Mata Hari, as well as people who were born in the 18th century, PROVIDED they were primarily active in the 19th.

Three weeks as usual, which makes the deadline the 22nd. Chop chop, minions.

EDIT: And because it apparently needs clarifying, the 19th century was the time between January 1st, 1800 and December 31st 1899.
    Last edited by asterism42; June 1st, 2018 at 09:52 AM.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    This is a really broad prompt. So many possibilities.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    WWII here we go yeah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    WWII here we go yeah!
    no

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As always, Sunny seems to think of the most versatile of prompts. I’m actually excited for the end result of this month.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Napoleonic War here we go yeah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It's June and we have a prompt so MIGHT AS WELL DO THIS NOW
    Sunny, clever little bunny that she is, has commanded thus

...?

K-Kya. I hope it's a prompt that people have fun playing with, since it's one that interests me, and I'd love to see what others do with it. But mhm, it's 1800 to 1899, t-to clarify.

Signature by fumato

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would Houdini qualify? He was born in 1874 and died in 1926.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seeing as Houdini's first tour started in 1900, I'd assume no. His big break is noted to have happened in 1899 though.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Seeing as Houdini's first tour started in 1900, I'd assume no. His big break is noted to have happened in 1899 though.
    The prompt says that it includes people who were born in the nineteenth century but not primarily active then, so maybe he could squeeze in on a technicality?

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Surely this just calls for Houdini Lily

Hear me now, O heart of the World:
    Light of Man, Dawn of Life
    Reaching Antiquity, Seizing the Future
    I call upon the stories of heroes long forgotten
    With this hand I will make thee whole.
    Hear me now, God of Prophecy,
    I take up thy Mantle:

Virgilius Musagetes
    Chorus of the Incarnate Dawn

Servant List

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    What about Edward Jenner? He was born in 1749, but most of his important work is towards the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by massive_jojo_reference View Post
    What about Edward Jenner? He was born in 1749, but most of his important work is towards the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century.
    My personal feeling is that it's stretching the margins a bit, but it depends how much of it was at the beginning of the 19th century. My personal view was just "people born or active in the 19th century" but I try to be flexible and broad when I give people a prompt. Hopefully not too broad...? But.

However, please don't consider me authoritative. All I did was come up with a theme and my rule of thumb tends to be: if you feel it fits, make a case for it in your sheet, and voters will judge how well you convinced them. ^^; But defer to your judgment and asterism, I would say...?

Signature by fumato

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to be the first one. Very much inspired in the discussion me and other compatriots had a few weeks ago. I'm very satisfied with this take on I said the other day is, in my opinion, the Holy Grail of Brazilian Servants.
    Anyway it's goood that I was able to write this one so soon because it frees time for a second sheet which I already have some old ideas for.

Caster of Exile
    Faceclaim
    Info
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Likes: His Former Kingdom, Science, Arts, Teaching, His Father, His Daughter
    Dislikes: Exile, Slavery, Being a King
    Wish: To see his country once again
    Parameters and Skills
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: A
    LCK: EX

Class Skills

Territory Creation
    EX - This is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. At this rank it allows for the creation of a Country. See Noble Phantasm for more details

Item Construction
    n/A - This is also a Caster-class ability and allows for the creation of magical items. Caster of Exile has this skill locked out however.

Personal Skills

Conceptual Improvement
    EX - This is the special right and unfair advantage of improving any tool, from any given time or place. A bow becomes stronger, a sword becomes sharper, an ax becomes heavier, etc. At this rank the conceptual improvement starts to reach living beings. Living beings under the effects of this skill are able to work harder, faster and stronger. Under prolonged effects they might reach their ideal or awaken to their origin.

Eye for Culture
    A+ - An evolution of the Eye of Art skill, it now affects not only those objects with artistic undertones, now it affects those objects with scientific and other cultural qualities. If Caster sees an object that possess those qualities it's almost guaranteed that he will know its origins

Charisma
    A- - is a composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Having B Rank in this Skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King/Queen. The morale of military forces he or she commands is extremely high. However his Uncrowned in the Underworld cause a conceptual downgrade in this skill

Uncrowned in the Underworld
    - This skill is more akin to a curse, and represents those monarchs who lost their crown after a coup. This curse is also magnified by Caster inaction in his bloodless coup, his final years in Exile and his status as one of the Last Kings. Normally it would mean that a servant would be unable to receive recognition and land bonuses during their summoning. Thanks to Caster's additional factors
    this is extended in such a way that he is completely unable to interact with any territorial effect. Looking at it from a glass half-full perspective this means that Caster is virtually immune to enemies' Bounded Spells and Reality Marbles. In fact Caster does not trigger any sort of protection device being able to pass completely undetected into enemy territory. He is very much like ghost leaving no footsteps or traces behind his weightless steps. But this is because Caster is completely unable to interact with any leyline. An extremely fragile existence, he is unable to secure any leylines that help him directly having to find other ways to sustain himself. Even his Territory Creation skill can only bring benefits to others and not himself.
    Personality
    Taciturn and melancholic, Caster of Exile isn't much a man of words. Preferring quiet introspection over small-talk, Caster can appear to be rude at first, but if you are able to delve more into him he is revealed to be a man exceedingly gentle. He can be very assertive when making his decisions, but he never fails to treat friends and enemies with the utmost respect. The only time that melancholic visage changes is when talking about science and arts.

In those subjects it is actually possible to see his eyes light up in excitement he becomes exceedingly hotblooded. He is not a genius or anything, but the sheer amount of materials he has read in his life has made him able to converse and talk with the actual geniuses. He is also very opinionated in those subjects and he isn't scared to say to someone's face that he disagrees vehemently about someone's theories. Nevertheless he is never going to deny someone's desire for science and research. In a way he is very much like a University's Chancellor, always behind his teachers and researcher's works even if he disagrees with them
    Identity & Biography
    Pedro de Alcântara João Carlos Leopoldo Salvador Bibiano Francisco Xavier de Paula Leocádio Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga, or simply Emperor Dom Pedro II, the Generous, the Liberal, the Father of the Brazilians, the Magnanimous and The second and last Monarch of the Empire of Brazil, born in 1895 and passing away in 1891 with 66 years. One of the most popular "Last Kings", Pedro reign was one of stability, progress and peace up until his exile by the republican forces in 1889 ending his 58 year old reign.

Pedro lived a very troubled childhood. Born as the son of Dom Pedro I, the first emperor of Brazil, he had to part ways with his father at the young age of 5 when Pedro I was called up to Portugal to reconquer it in the name of his eldest daughter who had recently lost the throne. The parting was so abrupt that father & son were unable to say goodbyes, having to write heartfelt letters to each other. They would never see each other again. Pedro I would be successful in quelling the revolution happening in Portugal but the war ravaged his formerly robust health and so he perished at the young age of 35 in 1834.

The separation of his family left a deep scar on the younger Pedro who lived in a joyless childhood. Too young to lead the fledgling country, Pedro II left the government in the hands of regents until he reached adulthood. And so for years he resided almost exclusively in the royal palace with most of his time destined to his tutelage. With only 2 hours of free time and with his sisters as his only friends, he found in the books, which provided an escape from his loveless world, his only source of joy. Compared to his impulsive and hotblooded father, Pedro grew to up to be a smart but timid and reclusive youth.

While he was only assume the throne at the age of 18, crisis in the regency forced the establishment of Pedro's reign 3 years early at the age of 15 in 1841. The early years of his reign were turbulent and uncertain as the young king was unsure and doubtful in his choices which led to a rise in power by a courtier faction made by the people who worked in the palace, including those who taught him. However as he traveled through Brazil and saw all the positive reactions from his subjects everywhere in the country he started to become more and more confident in his choices. By 1846, he removed any sort of real power the Courtier Faction had on the government and became the true monarch of Brazil.

Brazil under his reign was the winner of 3 Military conflicts (Platine War, The Uruguayan War and the Paraguayan War) where Pedro acted actively in the front lines as the First Volunteer of the Country helping with morale and arranging the surrender from enemy forces. Brazil under his reign also had surprising freedom of speech. Pedro allowed any sort of criticism of his government to be published in the newspaper and preferred instead of vetoing those claims, writing his own counterpoints under various pseudonyms. But perhaps more notably his greatest strength as the Emperor was his efforts as a modern day Maecenas.

Pedro II might have grew more confident in his ability to lead but some things never changed from his youth. His constant melancholy was one of them, but perhaps more notably was his love for sciences and the arts. Pedro II loved to read and write. Fluent in 9 different languages, Pedro was a voracious consumer of all sorts of academic subjects: anthropology, history, geography, geology, medicine, law, religious studies, philosophy, painting, sculpture, theater, music, chemistry, physics, astronomy, poetry and technology, among others. His reign saw the creation of the Brazilian Historic and Geographic Institute to promote research and preservation in the historical, geographical, cultural and social sciences. The Imperial Academy of Music and National Opera and the Pedro II School were also founded, the latter serving as a model for schools throughout Brazil. The Imperial Academy of the Fine Arts, established by his father, received further strengthening and support. Using his civil list income, Pedro II provided scholarships for Brazilian students to study at universities, art schools and conservatories of music in Europe. He also financed the creation of the Institute Pasteur, helped underwrite the construction of Wagner's Bayreuth Festspielhaus, as well as subscribing to similar projects. His efforts were recognized both at home and abroad. In 1875, he was elected to the French Academy of Sciences, an honor previously granted to only two other heads of state: Peter the Great and Napoleon Bonaparte. He was correspondent and friends with Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur, Louis Agassiz, John Greenleaf Whittier, Michel Eugène Chevreul, Alexander Graham Bell, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Arthur de Gobineau, Frédéric Mistral, Alessandro Manzoni, Alexandre Herculano, Camilo Castelo Branco and James Cooley Fletcher. Charles Darwin said of him: "The Emperor does so much for science, that every scientific man is bound to show him the utmost respect". His love for the science and the arts was such that in multiple times Pedro II has confessed that he wished he was a teacher rather than a King.

And that desire perhaps fueled the eventual coup by republican forces of his government. As he grew older Pedro II became more and more distant from his position as a King leaving it in the name of his eldest daughter Isabella. Him and his daughter undertook a last great project. The gradual abolishment of slavery, the great stain in the name of Pedro's Brazil. Pedro and Isabella gradually implemented more and more laws that would free a fraction of the slaves like old slaves and pregnant women and their children eventually culminating in the Lei Aurea that abolished any sort of slavery in the country. This was seen as positive news by the general population, however the elite of the country, who were owners of big coffee and sugar plantations, were alienated by Pedro and Isabella's abolitionism and adopted republicanism as it main credo. These republicans pressured the military to realize a coup d'etat on Pedro and his daughter.
    Pedro was loved by the regular citizen of the country who saw him as the king who led Brazil through its Golden Age. He could've easily rallied his subjects into a Civil War by tired of his crown and with heavy republicanism desires himself, he made no effort to challenge the coup, and much like his father did when he was a child he boarded a ship into Europe to never come back to the land where he was emperor. He spent his final years in exile, living a quiet and lonely life living in hotels around Europe. He didn't begrudge his enemies as he made no wish to restore the monarchy, however his mind was always on his far away nation. All he wanted was to peacefully pass away in his homeland. His last moments were thinking on Brazil and its people:
    May God grant me these last wishes—peace and prosperity for Brazil"
    Noble Phantasm

Remnants of the Homeland
    Pugilo de Terra

This is Pedro's basic Noble Phantasm and the last physical ties to his exiled land. It takes the form of a small leather bag that Pedro can summon, though he generally keeps it hidden in his pockets. The bag contains soil from every province of Brazil and it's something the emperor kept close to his body and asked to be buried with. It's represents the last ties of the Pedro de Alcântara with his homeland.

Pugilo de Terra has two effects. The first a simple passive one. People around Pugilo are considered to be on "Brazil" for any sort of territorial effects. Brazilian servants receive bonuses while near it and Foreigner Servants get demerits while bounded fields and reality marbles are disturbed by it. Thanks to Pedro's Uncrowned in the Underworld skill, he himself gets no bonuses as he is an "Exile" and is unable to receive any territorial bonus from his homeland.

The second effect is an active one and works involving the soil inside the bag. Pedro II is able to remove some of the soil of the bag and use his Conceptual Improvement skill to be able to mold it into an object of his liking. It's thanks to this effect that Item Construction is locked out as he has to make do with the constructs made with the soil. He has seemingly infinite soil, but he is only able to remove some of it at times or it will start to degrade his spiritual core as he uses more of his energy to fuel it. The constructs assume various different forms but there is always one constant effect in it. Thanks to Pugilo de Terra having the concept of "Brazil" inscribed into it, any construct made by it will also share said Concept. And the first most way one can feel said concept is in its weight. Any object created by the soil is exceedingly heavy. As they are inscribed with the concept of Brazil they have the "Weight of a Country" also inscribed into it. Neither of these objects can be lifted by normal human hands and using them haphazardly will result in huge craters. In fact just throwing the soil from the bag into the enemy is Pedro's most common offensive method in emergence situations. Most Servants won't die from it, but they will remain locked in place until passing through multiple STR checks or having anti-country defenses. Once again thanks to Uncrowned in the Underworld skill Pedro doesn't feel those effects. He can lift those objects with ease and in case anyone is able to use those objects against him, they will just bounce harmlessly from his body. Outside of him only people who share that skill or people who went through Pedro's Conceptual Improvement skill are able to use those items with, most of the time, no issue
    Rank B - Anti-Territory

A Dream of the Future
    Sempre o Brasil

This is Pedro's final Noble Phantasm and crystallizes his dreams for Brazil and the nation's ideal of the
    O País do Futuro
    Country of the Future
    . This ideal of the country of the future is something that is a constant in the Brazilian's History. The idea that the Brazilian nation will eventually surpass its problems and eventually become an equal or better than its former superiors and lead the world. However for one reason or the other, Brazil has always suffered a crisis or problem that has slowly the growth of the country. One of the men who better symbolized Brazil's strive to achieve said ideal was no other than Pedro II de Alcântara.

Considered at the time of his death "the most enlightened monarch of the century" Pedro spared no effort into making Brazil a new centre of science and arts. His own ideal was that Brazil would've become stable enough that his presence would not be needed anymore and he could've simply retired to join his fellow academics in bettering the world through science and through Brazil, the country of the future. His dreams were however too big even for himself and he quietly accepted the exile his enemies enforced into him. This Noble Phantasm is the ability to enforce his ideal to the world even if just for a few moments.

He activates this Noble Phantasm by saying its true name and using his Conceptual Improvement skill in his other Noble Phantasm Pugilo de Terra. By doing it so he can rebuild the Country. A huge quantity of soil and sand starts flying from the bag in all directions. The soil will penetrate the land and structures and start to morph it in Brazilian Architecture of Pedro's time, most with a neoclassical visage, but this lasts only for a second. All structures will rapidily change styles and periods into unseen movements. All living beings will also start to receive a huge bonus in Conceptual Improvement in whatever direction Pedro's desire. At this point you can't even call it Conceptual Improvement as much as it is Conceptual Manipulation and Creation. During this moment Pedro is able to inscribe any Concept he wants into another object and being. In fact if he were able to use this ability with the Holy Grail, he might have the ability to change the very fabric of Gaia with it.

Pedro isn't very fond to use this ability as this is his ideal as a king made form and he has already come to terms with the end of his monarchy. This ability also costs a lot of prana to activate and maintain that thanks to his skills he is unable to get. This coupled with his fragile existence makes any moment when this ability is summoned exceedingly rare.
    Rank A - Anti Country
    Bond CE & Relations
    The View from the Other Side

So solemn, so taciturn...
    Even feeble and old his visage never changes...
    What does the emperor sees?
    What is he thinking as he sees his country for the last time.
    Is he silent from rage or is it melancholy?
    Or is he thinking of the past?
    His father leaving for the last time
    A lost timid kid who grew up to be the emperor
    As he stands where his father stood, his country stands where he once stood
    "Ah, I just wish I could see you grow, my father, my son, my homeland..."
    Source

Tesla and Edison
    "My good men, please calm down!! I will hear you all, I promise I won't blink even for a second!"
    The two great luminaries of his time, Edison and Tesla are beings that provoke great respect and admiration from Pedro's side. As the ultimate minds of science of its time Pedro just desires to sit down and poke their minds about their discoveries, but just like Pedro holds deep respect for them, they also hold incredible respect for Pedro as one of the great Patron of Science and they compete with each other to see who can talk first with him and maybe get some extra funds for research. Pedro get's a bit exasperated when dealing with them, but its very much his favorite past time

Scheherazade:
    "My fair lady, I have read so much of your work! Please, don't run, I'm barely a king anymore!"
    Pedro holds a deep admiration for Scheherazade's work spinning her tales. His admiration is such that he actually wrote the first translation for the 1001 Nights in the Portuguese language. Compared to other translations at the time that censured some of the excerpts in those tales, Pedro made sure to translate those down, even those that hurt the christian moral values of the time. Scheherazade's tales were a big part of Pedro's childhood and he wanted to make sure he made no mistake while translating it. From the storyteller's perspective, even as an exiled king Pedro still is a king, so she prefers to maintain certain distance from him, though she is not scared of him like she is from other kings

Columbus:
    "The pride and sins of our forefathers coalesced in one being huh... I must thank you for the past but admonish for the future"
    Though he didn't work for the Portuguese Crown, Columbus was very much just one of the many Explorers and Conquistadores that used the Portuguese and Spanish system of conquest and slavery to get rich. They were necessary for the foundation of the New World Colonies, but their years of enslavement have left a deep scar in our culture. As the monarch of the last country to abolish slavery, he understand very well that they were a "necessary evil" for the building of Brazil, but that they were very late in abandoning them. It's one of his greatest shames.
    Creator Notes
    Like I said, this is very much inspired by the talk I had with the other Brazilians like pinetree about a possible Dom Pedro II. I had some very similar ideas skillwise with pinetree with the idea of buffing other dudes and being a patron of arts, but I was struggling to find a good interesting Noble Phantasm. I just wasn't sure how to do it in a good creative manner this mystery-less dude. I ended up stumbling in the "handful of sand weights a fucking ton" concept and I thought that was a very fun one. It makes the bag of sand in his coffin mean more and its just funny that the pocket sand move suddenly becomes lethal
    I'm not satisfied with my faceclaim. I tried to go with Gaara or Crocodile for a second, but Gaara had his dumb japanese Kanji right on his giant forehead and Crocodile has the scar and the hook. That picture of Sanji is kinda melancholic which was what i was going for but has the thorns that don't really fit any imagery i put fort here. I'll maybe change it later.
    I feel like BR servants only really get a kick off from other BR makers, so I don't think i'll get many votes with it, but i'm proud of this sheet enough to put as one of my contest sheets.
    I'm not a monarchist
    Last edited by JetKinen; June 21st, 2018 at 09:41 PM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    That's a strong start, this month gonna be gewd.

I can censor Gaara's forehead if you want.

As for vote, it's true that I much more interested to things that I personally know about, in my case that is people from the Crusades and Sengoku jidai, but that also came with side effect that I become ultra critical because someone not doing my favorite things' enough justice. That is why I appreciate a lot of Sheets that doesn't require knowing the figure beforehand.