Page 5862 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4862536257625812585258575860586158625863586458675872591259626362 ... LastLast
Results 117,221 to 117,240 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hey, he was in Billy's interlude too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, literally in Okeanos, Hector's was fronting all the time and is actually watxhing Teach carefully to look for a chance to strike him.

Or when he saw the opportunity to remove asterios together with Herc and took the initiative.

Still dunno how would this translate to "skeevy who can only run away or being politic"
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I mean, literally in Okeanos, Hector's was fronting all the time and is actually watxhing Teach carefully to look for a chance to strike him.

Or when he saw the opportunity to remove asterios together with Herc and took the initiative.

Still dunno how would someone think his lazy is not a front if someone had actually read Okeanos.
    Agree with the first part but wasn't the herk+Asterios Jason's idea to deal with both Herk rampaging to much that he could kill Euryale and Asterios who was protecting her
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Honestly p sure youre exaggerating for biased reason

Like, you sound like someone who didnt read Okeanos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Agree with the first part but wasn't the herk+Asterios Jason's idea to deal with both Herk rampaging to much that he could kill Euryale and Asterios who was protecting her
    It is

My point is that thats not "a guy who can only run away or being politic savvy"

Thats just lol. A superficial understatement, even taking account only the show and not tell.
    Last edited by castor212; July 6th, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    And let me ask of you. Does that have to do more with Hectors character which you are complaining about or does it have to do that Hector has only had 1 role so far in any story yet. We know his character, we cannot say that is wrong because that is literally TMs stance on it, what's the problem is that Hector hasn't been given a chance. Yea we need the show but that doesn't mean you can ignore the tell. That was what Castor was talking about exxargerations. Complain about Hectors role in the story, that's fine but only taking that into account but ignoring the other stuff just because we haven't seen it is bad. Materials are literally there to tell you stuff that you couldn't see in the story. So that is his character, not what you think it is because that's how mats work. To explain what wasn't explained
    Literally none of this addresses my complaint. What we see in the story IS all there is of him. A footnote in a side material book saying "oh btw that's totally not his real self" is irrelevant to the way he's presented in the actual game.

That's like saying Gilles isn't an insane murderer because somewhere in his mats profile there's a line that says "but deep down he still loves children".

- - - Updated - - -

Still dunno how would this translate to "skeevy who can only run away or being politic"

Change skeevy (which is really a complaint about his looks more than anything else) to sly, if you prefer, and you'd still be dead on. He fights using underhanded means all throughout Okeanos and even when he's finally cornered into a straight fight he tries to get a cheap shot in at you. Yes, I am exaggerating a bit, but his presentation in F/GO is anything but heroic.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Agree with mister innevitable fate there, on the topic of story info and characterization >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mats stuff that tries to compensate for those.

Reminds me a bit of how they went about addressing gowtia`s emotions vs how they were shown in the story

- - - Updated - - -

*goetia

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Literally none of this addresses my complaint. What we see in the story IS all there is of him. A footnote in a side material book saying "oh btw that's totally not his real self" is irrelevant to the way he's presented in the actual game.

That's like saying Gilles isn't an insane murderer because somewhere in his mats profile there's a line that says "but deep down he still loves children".
    Your original complaint was this.
    Achilles gets too much OP stuff, Hector apparently went down in history as a skeevy loser who only knows how to run away and politics his way out.
    That is talking about Hector's character which isn't true for the reasons I stated, that it's a front. Whether or not it's in the story isn't the problem(which it is by the way) then it is that you are refusing to look at the bigger picture, notice what you want to see and ignoring everything else that give meaning and explanation. The fact that it comes from a material book doesn't matter because that it literally what they are there for. To answer unanswered questions. You are literally ignoring word of God, that this is what the author, the creator was trying to do.

Also the example of Gilles doesn't hold up because again that's not looking at the bigger picture. Saying that Gilles being an insane murderer and that his love for children is incompatible is completely ignoring his character. Why is he murderer. Why is he insane. Why does he love children. What your trying to do is just take one aspect of a character and say that it's the only part. That's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Change skeevy (which is really a complaint about his looks more than anything else) to sly, if you prefer, and you'd still be dead on. He fights using underhanded means all throughout Okeanos and even when he's finally cornered into a straight fight he tries to get a cheap shot in at you. Yes, I am exaggerating a bit, but his presentation in F/GO is anything but heroic.
    He fights underhandedily. No one is disputing that, but fighting fairly isn't all what it means to be heroic. Read the quotes I posted, read why he fights as he does. Those reasons are why he is a hero, because he fights against a hopeless battle using whatever he can and it works. Your only looking at one part, what he does. Your not asking why does he do it.

Also in Okeanos he was an antagonist for Christ sakes, why would he seem heroic if you weren't on his side. That doesn't devalue that he is a hero and died one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Agree with mister innevitable fate there, on the topic of story info and characterization >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mats stuff that tries to compensate for those.

Reminds me a bit of how they went about addressing gowtia`s emotions vs how they were shown in the story

- - - Updated - - -

*goetia
    Those two things aren't exclusive. There supppsed to compliment each other not to oppose each other. There isn't a contradiction to what we saw and what was explained. It's simply one is how we saw it, the other an explanation to why. That is the purpose of mats, the explain why things are.

anywhere than here

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Angry Rin has a point. Even when he's striking at weak points in Okeanos, he's still just acting like some backstabbing scrub, rather than the tactician and fighter so good he could have won the Trojan War even with a literally near-invincible demigod taking the field against him.

The sly old man who pretends he can't be arsed thing is a trope, and it's one not done very well in this case.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Angry Rin has a point. Even when he's striking at weak points in Okeanos, he's still just acting like some backstabbing scrub, rather than the tactician and fighter so good he could have won the Trojan War even with a literally near-invincible demigod taking the field against him.

The sly old man who pretends he can't be arsed thing is a trope, and it's one not done very well in this case.
    And that's fine because that is a complaint to how he was in the story. What isn't fine is taking that to meaning that's all his character is in a nut shell and ignoring stuff that's literally also in the game. Not just mats.

Complain you didn't like his role in Okeanos, I didn't either. I still love Hector and adore his character from other stuff I saw though and have found that his actions in that chapter while a bit one sided isn't out of character that it contradicts everything more that it is the only thing.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am exaggerating a bit, but his presentation in F/GO is anything but heroic.
    Nobody saying he be heroic.

People are saying that his unmotivated self is a front, which was told in the story itself as opposed to just tell, to cover his actual capable self.

Your complain made him sounds like a loser coward who can only politc his way or ran away

You basically described Hector as Jason.

Which is just lol.

You overexaggerate him in a superficial way.

I just find these sort of shallow description genuinely laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

*goetia
    Ok but goetia's emotion is actually spot on and match in the story and in the mats itself???
    Last edited by castor212; July 6th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Nobody saying he be heroic.

People are saying that his unmotivated self is a front, which was told in the story itself as opposed to just tell, to cover his actual capable self.

Your complain made him sounds like a loser coward who can only politc his way or ran away

You basically described Hector as Jason.

Which is just lol.

You overexaggerate him in a superficial way.

I just find these sort of shallow description genuinely laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok but goetia's emotion is actually spot on and match in the story and in the mats itself???
    Superficial? That's literally the sum of his traits THAT WE SEE IN THE GAME.
    I don't know how many times I have to say it, but I'll say it +1: A character's measure in a story is judged by how the character is portrayed and how he interacts with the rest of the characters and the world, not by whatever note the author has in his pad.
    In this case, no matter what kind of "secretly always serious" personality the writer envisioned, Hector comes across as an archetypical "dirty old uncle". A trope, as Eddyak said. And no matter how well he actually does in terms of results, that kind of personality just doesn't fit the hero of the Trojans at all. Hence "hardly heroic". He SHOULD BE heroic.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    If I got a dollar for everytime the "character in fate isn't quite the cool and badass version I expected" complaint comes up I could NP5 Jeanne Alter. It's right up there with character alignments.

US Friend Code
    Superficial? That's literally the sum of his traits THAT WE SEE IN THE GAME.
    I don't know how many times I have to say it, but I'll say it +1: A character's measure in a story is judged by how the character is portrayed and how he interacts with the rest of the characters and the world, not by whatever note the author has in his pad.
    In this case, no matter what kind of "secretly always serious" personality the writer envisioned, Hector comes across as an archetypical "dirty old uncle". A trope, as Eddyak said. And no matter how well he actually does in terms of results, that kind of personality just doesn't fit the hero of the Trojans at all. Hence "hardly heroic". He SHOULD BE heroic.
    But are you looking at everything in the game. You don't even need to look in the mats to see that. His bond 5 voice line, his interlude, him in Da Vinci event, him in Salomon, his original up bond ce(the one in English skipped some lines for some reason.) Even in Okeanos he doesn't entirely fit into your idea of dirty old man.

Also let me ask you, what is your idea of a hero? Because to me Hector is as Heroic as you get from his plain dedication to his people and family. Hector's fighting methods doesn't detract from it but enhance it because I can see why he does it. This is just what I think anyhow.

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean all of that is kinda getting away from the point, which is that Hector gets Curbstomped hard.

Achilles stats: B+/A/A+/C/D/A+
    Hectors stats: B/B/A/B/B/B

The only thing he has on Achilles is Mana and Luck, and I'm not sure if this includes Achilles Mama Buff.

Now on to NP:

Hector has big esplodey spear.

Achilles has Magic Chariot, and World Blocking Shield, and Invincibility against non divinity (which Hector is) and Sanic Speed.

Here he is utterly outclassed.

So yeah, Hector's boned.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean all of that is kinda getting away from the point, which is that Hector gets Curbstomped hard.

Achilles stats: B+/A/A+/C/D/A+
    Hectors stats: B/B/A/B/B/B

The only thing he has on Achilles is Mana and Luck, and I'm not sure if this includes Achilles Mama Buff.

Now on to NP:

Hector has big esplodey spear.

Achilles has Magic Chariot, and World Blocking Shield, and Invincibility against non divinity (which Hector is) and Sanic Speed.

Here he is utterly outclassed.

So yeah, Hector's boned.
    The spear probably could destroy the chariot considering.

Achilles stats do include his buff.

Hector can canonically run away from Achilles. It ain't that hard. Chiron did it plenty in Apo dodging and weaving Achilles onslaught.

The immortality still means Achilles would win in a straight fight but that again ain't Hectors style. Again exhaust Achilles master, it will work. Also something Hector didn't know in life but knows now is Achilles weak spot. He can devise strategies around that.

anywhere than here

祖 Ancestor
    The spear probably could destroy the chariot considering.

Achilles stats do include his buff.

Hector can canonically run away from Achilles. It ain't that hard. Chiron did it plenty in Apo dodging and weaving Achilles onslaught.

The immortality still means Achilles would win in a straight fight but that again ain't Hectors style. Again exhaust Achilles master, it will work. Also something Hector didn't know in life but knows now is Achilles weak spot. He can devise strategies around that.
    Chiron knows Achilles and has clairvoyance. Hector only has one of those advantages.

What makes you think Achilles' master will run out of mana? Only his chariot has been called mana intensive.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Achilles's entire existence is mana-intensive. His chariot is just maximum drainage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

What if we just say they're both Ilya powered to avoid this point entirely?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    What if we just say they're both Ilya powered to avoid this point entirely?
    That'd be meaningless since Hector would always run away.
    "When this world is mine, it will truly be peaceful."

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Chiron knows Achilles and has clairvoyance. Hector only has one of those advantages.

What makes you think Achilles' master will run out of mana? Only his chariot has been called mana intensive.
    While Hector doesn't have a skill for it the mats does say he has very high analytical abilties so that should help abit. Also again I'm pointing out that Hector literally did that stuff to Achilles, and this ain't normal Achilles but an Achilles powered up by rage over his friends death and he still had to make a deal that disadvantage him so he could even had a shot of fighting Hector because no matter what he did he couldn't catch him

anywhere than here