Page 672 of 858 FirstFirst ... 172572622662667670671672673674677682722772 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Caution: unedited content
    First off, I might note that Fenrir is one my favorites when it comes to Norse Mythology. Though that is no excuse for what I'm about to say, it is an explanation.

The faceclaim is terrible, given that the web is full of better images. You could at least hide under a Spoiler tag, given that you clearly know how to use them.
    One of his names being the father of werewolves doesn't make a lick of sense given that Fenrir was a wolf in the mythos, period. The werewolf legend is also more commonly associated with Southern Europe and the areas surrounding it, so I don't see what any of this has to do with Fenrir. Though as noted below, there were some Germanic werewolf legends.
    Parameter-wise, I have no clue what you were going for here. EX Endurance is especially questionable, given that Fenrir got killed by Vidarr in Ragnarök and eaten by Surtr in a Lostbelt (though the latter was a world-burning monstrosity).
    The background has nothing to do with Fenrir's. I would suggest finding some other character that fits into the idea you had even slightly.

Everything relating to the atrocious background in the Skills section is just as bad as the lore. Especially notable is that Odin liked Fenrir, so cursing him would be kinda odd. Wouldn't be the oddest thing the Allfather ever did, but still.
    Why exactly does he have Self-Modification? I would assume some internal logic in the sheet, but aren't all the modifications dealing with him the work of someone else?
    Instinct's rank is waaay too high. I get why you think he should have it (a beast's instinct or something like that), but Animalistic Logic is far more appropriate for someone who's, you know, a beast.
    Why would a creature destined to aid in destroying the world (at least outside the fanfic of a background) have the blessing of Gaia? Also feels kinda uninspired. Too frolicky.

I believe I've mentioned my opinion on sticking to languages actually related to the subject of the sheet when it comes to Noble Phantasm names. Or who knows, maybe even one language per Noble Phantasm name?
    Gleipnir is actually Norse, though its effect has nothing to do with the mythos (so at least its consistent with the rest of the sheet). Given that its supposed to be something binding Fenrir even in this atrocity of a sheet, I'd say it's remarkably bad at binding him. I would also suggest changing it from Anti-Bestiality to something else, given what that thing means. Or hey, maybe that's what it was really for.
    TheraintropiaTherianthropia Markesh has (apparently) Greek and Hindi in its name. Like Self-Modification, there's no real reason for this to be here. Even if Fenris was some sorta werewolf (which, once again, is more a Greek-related concept, at least at the era we're talking about - there were some werewolf legends with Germanic roots, but they don't relate to Fenrir), he'd probably get beaten to the punch by Lycaon and the Neuri tribe.
    Lunar Ecliptis has English and Dog Latin (which I guess is fitting in a way) in its name. As for its effect, whaddaya know, something that sorta relates to the mythology. As it happens, Fenrir did have children, though apparently actually named characters don't factor into this sheet. Said named children (Sköll and Hati) did actually have connections to the Sun and Moon, though in fairness they were mostly chasing them. Unless this has something to do with them somehow gaining the celestial bodies' powers after eating them during Ragnarök, I don't see why they'd have powers relating to them too. What makes even less sense is Fenrir being able to wield said powers at anything more than a minor level. There's also the fact that this Fenrir (even if his height doubles) is absurdly tiny. This NP is also the only part in the entire sheet that mentions Fenrir's Nasuverse canon ice powers.

And furthermore, please try to spell things correctly. At least for me the forum actively tries to warn me if it thinks I'm spelling something incorrectly, so...
    Final rating, the sheet is an atrocity. Given that some of your prior works showed some promise, this is quite the step down.

Edit: Hm. That came out less harsh than I thought it would.
    I actually liked Koga's Fenris, though maybe I just got worn down and accepted treating his sheets as if they were OCs rather than the historico-mythical figures they're ostensibly based on. I do vaguely remember coming across a few New-Agey sources portraying Fenris as some kind of ur-werewolf, so that part of the sheet just might be justifiable. I'd have to go back and check my sources to be sure though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Crazy random thought: Ardhanarishvara as a Pseudo-Servant with Ryōgi Shiki as the host body
    pseudo servants are bad and you should feel bad

- - - Updated - - -

(even though i'm the one pushing The Morrígan in Misaya's body as a pseudo servant)

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    After all the bad decisions in my life, another one won't hurt

Blog Entries
    A silly sheet that I kind of felt like finishing as a distraction today. She was one of the main characters in a story premise I once posted on my blog that I don't think I'll ever go back to, but I never did actually finish her sheet. Useful enough to take my mind off other things, eheh. I hope she's interesting.

Class: Saber
    True Name: Julie d'Aubigny
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: C
    Lore:
    Spoiler:
    A popular figure in gossip and colorful anecdotes in 17th century France, Julie d'Aubigny was born the daughter of a secretary to the Master of the Horse, or grand squire and stablekeeper, to King Louis XIV, the sun king. Her father was charged with training the court's pages and squires, and the young Julie was enamored from an early age with the elegant swordplay and refined performances she saw as part and parcel with the royal court. Recognizing his daughter's headstrong, incorrigible personality wouldn't allow him to forbid her entirely, her father reluctantly allowed her to join the pages in their practice, on condition that she disguise herself as a boy and stop spying on his lessons in secret. Eagerly agreeing, she was trained alongside the pages in fencing, dancing, and reading, proving to be a quick study. Even in disguise, Julie was an androgynous beauty, and found herself in her first relationship at the age of fourteen - with her father's employer, the Master of the Horse, Comte d'Armagnac himself. In order to rein in the rambunctious young girl, she was set up with an arranged marriage, while still engaged in her affair with the Comte.

Not long after, however, she fell in love (again) with an assistant fencing master to her father, Sérannes, and ran away with him. The two traveled the French countryside, teaching others swordplay or singing in taverns for money. Julie turned out to be a talented singer, fond of performing in both male and female attire, but never concealing her gender. The two managed to secure a position for her at an opera house in Marseille, at which point she left Sérannes as well, this time for a young local woman. When that girl was sent by her parents to a convent to break the two up, Julie's solution was simple - she joined the convent herself under an assumed name, reunited with her lover and kidnapped her, and then burned down the convent. The two would be together only a few more months, but Julie found it to be time well spent.

Now a criminal, and charged in absentia as a man, Julie was sentenced to death by fire. This didn't stop her from adventuring and touring her way towards Paris with an aim towards the greatest stage of all, the Paris Opera. Along the way, she engaged in multiple duels, whether for money, fun, or to avenge a slight. In one such duel, she won after driving her sword through her opponent's shoulder, only to subsequently accept his apology and sneak into his room, where she and the still-injured noble soon became lovers and later lifelong friends.

In Paris, she convinced the King to pardon her - twice, after later illegally dueling three men at a society ball after she seduced and kissed a beautiful woman who the men had been trying to court - and soon became a rising star in the Paris Opera, even performing at Versailles when she wasn't being actively being charged with one crime or another. She was described as having the most beautiful voice in the Parisian world, first performing as a soprano, then later her natural contralto voice. In fact, the opera Tancrède was the first to feature a contralto role in French performing arts, a decision made specifically to allow Julie to show off her natural, most comfortable range and singing talent.

To the end of her life at the age of thirty-three, Julie d'Aubigny led a colorful, scandalous life that ended only when she disappeared inconsolable after the passing of her then-lover, a female marquis whose bed she shared for several years. Some believe she retired to a convent, but her grave was never located nor did anyone claim possession of her remains. She would later inspire a novel about her life, Mademoiselle de Maupin by Théophile Gautier, which was promptly banned by multiple authorities for its flouting of gender roles and celebration of love's sensual qualities.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Cheerful, quick-witted, and more or less completely untrustworthy, Saber nevertheless has a knack for charm and improvisation that at times proves as useful as it is troublesome. She will not hesitate to admit she is a liar, a disreputable spendthrift, and a mercurial trickster. However, she is equally proud to exclaim that she is brave, a reliable partner at one's back in a brawl (even if she may well be the one who started it), and an attentive lover with few peers. Owning her faults and her virtues without a bit of shame or regret, Saber is firmly of the opinion that all sides to one's personality are valid, worthy of recognition, and altogether fun to explore alongside others.

She is quick to grow fond of both her friends and her enemies, and while quick and tempestuous in her anger, it is difficult to truly convince her to hold a grudge for long. In her view, the person she's fighting to the death one day may well be her ally - or something more interesting - the next day, so there's little merit to holding onto her anger once she has let it loose and run its course. Outgoing, charming, and social to a fault, Saber truly enjoys life, and every day of her temporary manifestation is another day to explore the finest it has to offer.

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, but cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. As she had little, if any, experience with magecraft in her life, Saber's rank in this skill is low and unbecoming for her class. However, it may be increased should she develop a reputation for it.

Riding
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. In her life, Saber had no significant practice riding on her own, other than traveling to and from Parisian locales. At this rank, most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, she ordinarily cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. On the other hand, her proficiency may be bolstered by her Noble Phantasm depending on her performance in the Holy Grail War.

Personal Skills:
    Expert of Many Specializations
    Access to and use of many professional skills. By default, tactics, espionage, swindling, rhetoric, singing, dancing, arson, and dueling can be used with proficiency of rank B or above. Due to her Noble Phantasm, there is no functional limit on the amount of skills she may claim to possess, and no necessary basis for her to possess them other than the reputation she has built for them in the area where the Holy Grail War takes place. However, with each artificial addition to her legend, the initially low mana cost of Saber is increased accordingly.

Alluring Nightingale
    A charm-type skill possessed by those naturally possessing a beautiful voice; it works as a fascination magecraft-like effect towards men and women, but evasion is possible with a Magic Resistance Skill. Even without Magic Resistance, one can abate it to some extent so long as he or she maintains a will to resist.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Tancrède - A Song Just for Me
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    A French opera composed for her and her alone by composer André Campra, Julie d'Aubigny was hand-picked to play the starring role of the warrior-maiden Clorinde, a performance specifically designed for her unique vocal range and talents. As a Noble Phantasm, this is the embodiment not of any one particular skill or achievement, but of the reputation Saber developed in life and the infamy which it won her. Swordsmanship, riding, espionage, dueling, seduction, the performing arts. Saber's story contains all these and more, but it is especially difficult to separate the truth from the fiction, and as a result, this Noble Phantasm is Saber's ability to create a false history for herself that justifies any number of improbable Personal Skills under certain circumstances.

While she lacks many skills when initially summoned as a Servant, Saber is able to take on any Personal Skill that she is able to convince a sufficient number of individuals that she possesses. The number varies on the rank desired, but once successful, Saber permanently acquires that skill for the duration of the Holy Grail War, and her legend is retroactively altered to accommodate and justify its existence. Through a combination of guile, preparation, and outright lies, this Noble Phantasm may be seen as a factory that produces the legend of Julie d'Aubigny, for good or ill, and all the skills necessary to make her claims a reality.

Because of Saber's theatrical, showboating nature, mundane or uninteresting skills are unlikely to be claimed or manifested, preventing her from acquiring abilities such as thaumaturgy, vitrification, or other abilities that are not sufficiently "flashy." Furthermore, Saber is incapable of manufacturing skills that are physical in nature or origin, and is limited to those achievable through talent, training, or charm.

"Affection of the Goddess? Ah, but I'm already beloved by the moon goddess! In fact, we consu--"

Yes, sure enough, she's
    stolen
    learned
    that skill too.
    Last edited by Sunny; October 1st, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Hey there Sunny, how's the sheets involving the Kaguyahime-themed servants coming along?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Hey there Sunny, how's the sheets involving the Kaguyahime-themed servants coming along?
    Kya!
    I wasn't expecting that.

I actually posted the fifth and last of the Impossible Requests along with a provisional teaser for Kaguyahime and the story setting I had intended. The links are in my signature collection (most of them are under the Extra category, but Lancer Yue Tu is technically from the same story plan). I do have to finish the actual, late-game Kaguyahime sheet, at some point...

Sometimes I wish I actually finished these stories, kya. But the sheets are fun enough.
    Last edited by Sunny; September 27th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Sunny: I've been wanting to see your take on Julie ever since I came across the mention of her on your blog a while back, so seeing this definitely brought a smile to my face.

I have some questions about her NP though. Does Julie have to spread the rumors in person, or can she outsource them to other people to expediate the process? For instance, if she tells Joe Shmoe that she can shoot fire from her sword, and Joe Shmoe then tells nine of his friends, will that count as telling ten people for the purpose of her NP, or does it only count if she tells each one directly in person? Because if the former I could see her becoming amazingly overpowered under the right circumstances, particularly if the internet gets involved. (And given her antics, she'd almost certainly become a minor net celebrity in some form).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I have some questions about her NP though. Does Julie have to spread the rumors in person, or can she outsource them to other people to expediate the process? For instance, if she tells Joe Shmoe that she can shoot fire from her sword, and Joe Shmoe then tells nine of his friends, will that count as telling ten people for the purpose of her NP, or does it only count if she tells each one directly in person? Because if the former I could see her becoming amazingly overpowered under the right circumstances, particularly if the internet gets involved. (And given her antics, she'd almost certainly become a minor net celebrity in some form).
    Mm... The former, though to be clear, it is specific to her reputation in the area/locale in which she's summoned or the conflict is taking place that matters. As intended, the internet could definitely be used to disseminate things, but her reputation online in a different country or part of the world won't trickle back to her current territory, unless the people who read it and believe her stories are there.

And it doesn't necessarily need to be people who fully understand her identity - convincing strangers she can do something amazing feeds into the belief that she actually can. She's powered by rumors and gossip, after all. But the more awesome or high rank her target skill is, the more belief/infamy she needs to engage the hack.
    Last edited by Sunny; September 27th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Mm... The former, though to be clear, it is specific to her reputation in the area/locale in which she's summoned or the conflict is taking place that matters. As intended, the internet could definitely be used to disseminate things, but her reputation online in a different country or part of the world won't trickle back to her current territory, unless the people who read it and believe her stories are there.

And it doesn't necessarily need to be people who fully understand her identity - convincing strangers she can do something amazing feeds into the belief that she actually can. She's powered by rumors and gossip, after all. But the more awesome or high rank her target skill is, the more belief/infamy she needs to engage the hack.
    That makes sense. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    You know, I've just been thinking: would it be possible to make a MoonCancer-type Servant that instead of affecting the Moon Cell would instead affect the Holy Grail, a GrailCancer so to say?

Blog Entries
    You know, I've just been thinking: would it be possible to make a MoonCancer-type Servant that instead of affecting the Moon Cell would instead affect the Holy Grail, a GrailCancer so to say?
    Isn't that basically Angra Mainyu?

Blog Entries
    ...yeah, what I proposed WAS Angra's role in Fate/Stay Night wasn't it?

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry dude, but you did.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Simple solution: BB, Rin edition.

Blog Entries
    ...I think I was hoping for a different candidate than BB (especially after all the trouble she caused in Hawaii) and Angra for that matter.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Archer of Midgard
    Faceclaim

FC Link
    Servant Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker, Avenger
    True Name: Stordarmen
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Norse Mythology
    Armament: Poison, fangs, tail

Parameters:
    STR: A+
    END: EX
    AGI: C
    MANA: C
    LUCK: C
    NP: A+

Skills
    Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - Rank B+: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    As a Divine Beast from the Age of the Gods, Archer is granted a strong resistance against magical effects. This resistance is heightened when faced with effects relating to natural phenomena.

Independent Action - Rank A: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells.
    As Ragnarok has passed and she has manifested as a Servant, Archer is fully freed from the chains of her destiny, and as such is afforded a great deal of freedom to represent this.

Personal Skills:

God Slayer - Rank A: A Skill marking one as the slayer of divine beings. Archer was destined to slay the mightiest of the Aesir, Thor, in the final battle of Ragnarok.
    This Skill is super effective against Divine Spirits. A 'plus' modifier is gained when attacking Divine Spirits, wraiths, and Servants with the Divinity Skill.

Poison of the World Serpent - Rank EX: The poison that Archer is famous for, as well as the source of her qualification as an Archer. With her venom and toxic breath, Archer poisoned the oceans and the skies during Ragnarok. Archer’s poison is strong enough to kill most living creatures outright, and can kill even high-ranking Divine Spirits with enough exposure.
    Archer’s poison carries the attribute of ‘Corrosion’, having played a part in breaking down the Northern Age of the Gods. In addition to its other effects, the damage caused by her poison is almost irreversible, and cannot be recovered from under ordinary circumstances.

Beast of Ragnarok - Rank A: A Skill signifying one’s status as a harbinger of Ragnarok, the Twilight of the Gods. The user bestows a fear effect with their mere presence. In addition, Heroic Spirits with origins in Scandinavia receive a penalty to their defenses as long as they are in the user’s vicinity. Beast of Ragnarok displays stronger effects if more than one holder of the Skill is present.

Boundary of the World - Rank B: Archer’s status as the boundary of Midgard, or rather the boundary of the Northern Sphere of the Age of the Gods. The Skill’s effect changes how Archer is treated when it comes to area effects. She is treated as an entire world, having served as its boundary once upon a time. This effect is particularly apparent when it comes to Bounded Fields, as Fields based around Archer’s body grow to encompass vast areas of land. Conversely, ordinary Bounded Fields cannot truly encompass Archer’s entire body, even if she should enter them, and she is treated as being ‘outside’ them.
    As soon as Archer moved from her positions a ‘boundary’, the Northern Sphere began to fall apart, hastening the end of the Age of the Gods in Scandinavia.

Noble Phantasms
    She That Encircles All Lands
    Allra Landa Umbgjord

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank EX
    Being Archer’s true form, Allra Landa Umbgjord is her body manifested as a Noble Phantasm. When Archer is summoned, her true body is immediately forced into spiritual form due to the massive amounts of Magical Energy it would take to manifest it in full. As compensation, she is granted a form more human in appearance, though even then her monstrous nature shines through clearly. However, as the body she normally acts through is false, all damage is imposed on her as though it had struck her true self. Due to the enormity of Archer’s true body, this means that injuries that would fell ordinary Servants become barely detectable scratches and attacks that would normally vaporize buildings are reduced to small wounds. For the most part, only attacks on the level of Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms or above are capable of dealing significant damage.
    Without taxing her Master too much, Archer can manifest an insignificant part of her true body to use as a weapon, most often resorting to her tail or her fangs as her chosen tools. These attacks are mighty enough to flatten city blocks and gouge great rents into the earth.
    As a final trump card, Archer can release Allra Landa Umbgjord in full. Her false body will dissipate, and her true body will begin to manifest, revealing a serpent of immeasurable size. Having once encircled the entirety of the Northern Sphere during the Age of the Gods, Archer’s total length lies somewhere upwards of 6000 kilometers. Naturally, trying to supply enough magical energy to physically manifest such a body will outright kill even the most prepared of Masters. Through the use of Command Seals, it may be possible to momentarily sustain Archer’s true body. Due to the damage Archer’s mere presence in this form causes, the full activation of Allra Landa Umbgjord may even provoke a response from the Counter Force.

Nine Steps the Hero Takes
    Níu Skref

Anti-Unit, Rank A+
    A mutual kill Noble Phantasm based on the legend of Archer’s demise. During Ragnarok, she dueled Thor, the God of Thunder, who eventually prevailed over her. However, due both to the venom the Aesir had coursing in his veins as well as Archer’s dying curse, Thor lost his life after staggering back nine steps. This course of events applies to any who manage to slay Archer, making their death all but certain.
    Níu Skref activates automatically on Archer’s death and amplifies the effect of her poisons on an enemy. In addition, a death effect is imposed upon the target, forcing a check once the target takes nine ‘actions’ on the level of taking a step.

Description
    Dislikes: Fishing, people asking about her eye
    Talents: Swimming, holding grudges
    Natural Enemy: Thor
    Height: 493 + ?? cm
    Weight: ?? kg

Archer’s true identity is Stordarmen, the Necklace of the Earth. Though she is using one of her kennings, Stordarmen’s true identity is that of Jörmungandr, the Midgard Serpent.

Jörmungandr is a spiteful creature, showing a nature more commonly found in Heroic Spirits who manifest in the Avenger class. She is indifferent to hostile towards most things, seeing them either as enemies or as meals. Jörmungandr is taciturn and speaks only on rare occasions. Her main forms of communication come in the form of nonverbal communication, composed mostly of hisses and glares.
    She is sadistic, enjoying the suffering of others. Seeing others suffering from the effects of poison is her greatest delight, and she yearns for the moment of realization a person has when they understand the inevitability of their death. As such, Jörmungandr is fond of toying with her foes, poisoning them little by little until they finally succumb to despair in the face of their impending demise.
    Due to having spent the entirety of her existence as a foe of the Aesir, and having found a target for her hatred in the form of Thor, Jörmungandr is likely to seek out someone she considers a worthy target of her ire in a Holy Grail War. Having an archenemy is simply something she has gotten used to such an extent that she is almost fond of such a thing. Facing a foe worthy of her hatred is one of the few occasions on which Jörmungandr will deign to speak.
    For the most part, Jörmungandr is hostile towards Heroic Spirits. As heroes are existences that exist in opposition to monsters like herself, this is the natural order of things. However, there are entities among Heroic Spirits that are evil and destructive in nature. As Jörmungandr lived the entirety of her existence alone, encountering another that shares her desires would come as a shock to her. Despite her hostility, she would be intrigued by finding another like herself, and might even come to respect or care for them. Certain individuals among Heroic Spirits are existences that resonate with her strongly, among them heroes with connections to divinity and lightning, as they remind her of her archenemy. To Jörmungandr’s surprise, she would likely be willing strike up something resembling a friendship with a certain Assyrian queen.
    Jörmungandr resents having to rely on a Master. As a creature that stood equal to the strongest Aesir, she chafes at being bound to a being so far her lesser. Given her high-ranking Independent Action, she is liable to ignore her Master entirely. She might enter into a more positive relationship with a Master who is as vile as her in terms of personality, however.
    Jörmungandr’s wish to the Holy Grail would be to attain true incarnation once again. Without Thor and the presence of the Aesir, she would be free to roam the world as she wished.

Lore
    In Norse mythology, the serpent Jörmungandr was the daughter of Loki, a god of mischief, and the giantess Angrboda. She was once a resident of Asgard, home of the Æsir, the Norse pantheon. However, she was banished by the king of the Aesir, Odin, to the great sea that surrounds the mortal world of Midgard. Odin had hoped that Jörmungandr would be destroyed by the ocean’s relentless waves, but instead the serpent began to consume it. The next time she was sighted, she had grown so large she could encircle the entire planet and bite her own tail. Consequently, she became known as the Midgard Serpent or the World Serpent.
    Jörmungandr battled the Æsir many times, and Thor in particular came to be her hated enemy. The two would clash a total of three times.
    Thor encountered the World Serpent for the first time while traveling in Jotunheim, the land of the giants. The king of the giants, Utgard-Loki, asked Thor to prove his strength by lifting the king’s cat. Absolutely confident in his ability to perform such a simple task, Thor accepted the challenge. To his consternation, however, he couldn’t budge the cat. Even after bringing his full immortal strength to bear, he was forced to admit defeat having only managed to lift one of the cat’s paws off the ground. Confronted by the humiliated and enraged Thor, Utgarda-Loki confessed that the creature Thor had managed to partially lift was in fact Jörmungandr, disguised by magic.
    The second encounter occurred when Thor went fishing with the giant Hymir. Ignoring Hymir’s warnings, Thor rowed out into the open sea and cast his line, using the head of an ox as bait. Sure enough, Jörmungandr latched on, the hook latching onto her eye as she took the bait. After a brief struggle, Thor managed to raise her above the waters and prepared to slay the great snake. Recognizing Thor from Utgard, Jörmungandr prepared to do likewise, hissing with rage and dripping blood and venom. Fearing the World Serpent, Hymir finally intervened and cut the line before Thor’s blow could connect, and Jörmungandr sank back into the depths.
    The third and final meeting between Thor and Jörmungandr occurred at the apocalyptic battle of Ragnarök, where the Æsir and their enemies clashed for the final time. Thor succeeded in killing Jömungandr with his legendary warhammer Mjölnir, but not before being sprayed by the serpent’s venom. He managed to take nine staggering steps before succumbing to the poison and falling to the ground, dead.

Notes
    I tried to keep wank in this sheet to a minimum, seeing as its subject is another of my favorites, but it seems I succumbed to the temptation in the end.
    I originally hadn’t intended to give her an EX-ranked Noble Phantasm, but after a few rough calculations as to Jormungandr’s apparent length (given that the Northern Sphere must’ve encompassed Iceland as well) and pondering on the implications this would have on her true form and her power, I decided that it might just deserve that ranking.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 28th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I didn't expect this take on Jörmungandr. The quality is great as always, although I must say she doesn't look Archer-like enough even with the low standards of the class

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I didn't expect this take on Jörmungandr. The quality is great as always, although I must say she doesn't look Archer-like enough even with the low standards of the class
    The class is admittedly more than a little bit of a stretch, but I'd assume the poisonous breath, being a ranged weapon, is a (weak) qualifier. I mostly just didn't want to go for the obvious Berserker/Avenger route, and figured that Archer is suitable enough.
    I believe I had originally thought she might use a bow to shoot her fangs at people, but figured that that was too silly.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 28th, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Given that she uses poison, Assassin could have been a better option (I know, I know, it's not sneaky stabby)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Given that she uses poison, Assassin could have been a better option (I know, I know, it's not sneaky stabby)
    I know I have a penchant for making unorthodox Assassins but enough is enough.
    Also it occurs to me that the Norse must've been pretty fond of overkill, given that Jörmungandr alone could feasible cause an apocalypse, and she was just one party in Ragnarök.