Page 792 of 858 FirstFirst ... 292692742782787790791792793794797802842 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,840 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That reminds me I considered doing a Canute/Cnut Servant too once.

I imagine he'd have two sword NPs. One of them giving him the power to command water, based on the whole "turning back the tides" anecdote, and the other symbolizing his true unwavering piety and humility and allowing him to temporarily negate the power of Skills/NPs derived from kingly/regal authority. Basically they'd represent the opposite interpretations of Canute's famous legend; the one where he genuinely thought he could command the waves, and the true one where he was pulling the whole stunt to show "how empty and worthless is the power of kings, compared to the true king by whom heaven and earth obey in eternal law".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For some reason I just got the idea for an Ares Pseudo-Servant using Shinji as a host (good looks, pathetic in an actual fight, largely unpleasant, the "loser" of their family - the key difference being how they treat women, but there's no rule saying the personality has to be an exact match). I suppose Ares might actually be weakened by Shinji's presence somehow, and might actually have to rely on his neglected wits to carry the day or something.
    If only there was a faceclaim for something like that...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    For some reason I just got the idea for an Ares Pseudo-Servant using Shinji as a host (good looks, pathetic in an actual fight, largely unpleasant, the "loser" of their family - the key difference being how they treat women, but there's no rule saying the personality has to be an exact match). I suppose Ares might actually be weakened by Shinji's presence somehow, and might actually have to rely on his neglected wits to carry the day or something.
    If only there was a faceclaim for something like that...
    Does something like this work?

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Close enough, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Interesting, very interestinc, MoC! I'll be honest, I'd never expect an Anhanguera sheet, but it looks good, and I think it was good that you tried to keep it modest, as you say. I do think you glossed over a lot of Bartolomeu's less savoury deeds... But I suppose this isn't the place to go into that. (Also, I wonder if maybe the non-Brazilians need a tiny bit more context about the bandeiras?) You also left it ambiguous whether the "real-life" Nasuverse version of Bartolomeu had psychic powers; the NP description mentions those, but then you don't "Nasu-ify" his background.

Anyway, I do have a few suggestions:

Independent Action - The bandeiras were financed either by the government or by rich individuals, but they were mostly on their own once out in the field. I'd say you could bump this to B.

Magic Resistance - We all know in the Nasuverse the Native Brazilians would have employed magic against the bandeiras. I think you could bump this to C.

Parameters - He's a famous personage from a relatively old and magic-heavy land and period, I think you could bump his Mana to D+, and possibly his Luck to B as well.

Also, a few corrections: in the Conquistador Skill, I think you meant "tactic", instead of "tact"? And in his background, it should be "natives' language", not "native’s language".
    First of all, thanks for the feedback! Now, for my response.

1) Parameters: call him a "famous personage" is a bit of a stretch. Yes, he is quite renowned in Brazil, but people of others countries know almost nothing about him (or about bandeirantes, for that matter). And fame is quite big deal in regards to a Servant's power. Just look at what happened to Vlad in Apocrypha. I might be able to compromise and boost one of those parameters, but not both.

2) Skills: going by your logic, all Servants from the Age of Gods should have a high Magic Resistance. Yet there are cases like Iskandar and Ereshkigal. Personally, I think that individual compatibility and experience play a greater role in things like this. You're probably right in saying that the natives employed magecraft, but I believe that supernatural creatures such as magical beasts would be a more commmon threat in this case.

Something similar can be said about Independent Action. Yes, bandeiras were mostly self-suficient, but they were also expeditions performed by large groups. You don't really hear stories about a single bandeirante entering the wilds alone, without any sort of support. With that in mind, C Rank might even be a little too high already.

3) Noble Phantasm: that ambiguity was intentional. The thing is, my original idea for Anhanguera's NP was something closer to what appears in the stories: an incendiary chemical weapon similar to Napalm. Wasn't able to make that idea work, so I changed to something akin to Artoria's Invisible Air instead. Still, it felt weird to have a supernatural-killer with supernatural powers. A compromise was reached by making it into a psychic ability.

Going by the Nasuverse definition, psychic abilities are like an extention of the human counter force. Thus, it is possible to explain his powers as a back-up from arayashiki so that he could act as a deterrence against the mystery that still lingered on South America. That being said, I realized that the line might have been bent a little too much with this idea, so I purposedly left the description vague enough so that it could also be explained as something that he obtained after becoming a Heroic Spirit. The reader can then decide for himself which he prefers.

Finally, I fixed the "natives' language"-issue, but the thing on Conquistador is not a grammar mistake. The "tact" word used here stands for "finesse", "sensitivity" and "savviness".

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name
    : Honorius III

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength- E
    Agility- E
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- B+

Personality
    Fatherly and compassionate, Caster acts just like you'd expect an ideal pope to. He dislikes bloodshed and tries to resolve disputes peacefully if at all possible. A kind-hearted person who believes in protecting the innocent weak and rebuking the arrogant strong. However, Caster also holds a "dream" in his heart, that he's willing to even sacrifice his pacifistic ideals to fulfill. A dream for the whole world unified under the benevolent yoke of Christendom. A world where conflict and disputes don't exist because everyone holds the same faith. An innocent and utopic vision. At least--- it would be for a normal person.

But for Caster it was no mere dream, but a conviction he devoted himself utterly to fulfilling. From massacring heretics to waging brutal wars of conquest, any atrocity is acceptable if it's for the sake of his ideal. Caster even committed the ultimate sin and contracted with demons to obtain the power to realize his utopia. Even if it means becoming reviled as a demon and damning his very soul to Hell, Caster would gladly accept such a fate if he could grant happiness and salvation to the 1.2 billion humans under his care.

When it comes to his ideal, Caster's normally gentle and pacifistic personality seems to vanish, as he becomes ambitious, brutal and ruthless. He's a complete fanatic, never doubting his actions no matter their cost. While Caster can speak rationally and debate with others, that's only under the presupposition that he himself is correct. A truly mutual exchange of ideas with him is almost impossible. In that regard, he isn't so different from a Berserker-Class Servant.

Even despite this trait of Caster's, his usual saintly demeanour isn't a lie. He's compassionate- so he can't stand to see humans suffer when they could be saved by his hand. He's merciful- so he'll grant his opponents a swift death instead of making them struggle needlessly. A genuine, if twisted, holy man.

Caster's love even extends to non Christians, as he considers them lost lambs who merely need discipline to "nudge" them onto the proper path. However his definition of salvation is fundamentally conceited, so Caster can't comprehend that humans might genuinely choose a different path than the one he offers. Simply put, his attitude towards mankind is that of a condescending parent forcing them to eat their vegetables for "their own good".

Attitude To His Master

Caster normally acts like a benevolent advisor to his Master. He'll do his best to follow their orders, though he'll refuse ones he considers immoral or foolish. Nevertheless, as a pope is fundamentally someone who serves those under their rule, Caster gratefully devotes himself to fulfilling his Master's wish.

---At least, that's what he says. In truth, Caster won't hesitate to mercilessly sacrifice and discard his Master the moment they get in the way of his planned utopia. He treats his Master solely like a pawn, manipulating them so he can fulfill his dream while acting the part of a faithful advisor.

If Caster comes to genuinely love and care for his Master, he'll consider their sacrifice regrettable, but still go through with it unhesitantly. No cost is too severe for the sake of utopia.

Wish on the Holy Grail

To create the promised "holy kingdom" of Christendom, with himself reigning as its God-Emperor.

Dislikes: the passiveness of God
    Talent: unifying Christendom
    Natural Enemy: Frederick II

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (Holy)- A+
    A variant of Territory Creation that allows one to establish a holy temple or sanctuary instead of a Mage's territory ideal for gathering Mana.

At this rank, Caster can create a replica of the Holy See to serve as his territory. Within the Holy See, the efficacy of all holy Magecraft and sacraments derived from the Christian faith is greatly boosted. Demonic or Evil-aligned individuals will be rebuked even for trying to tread foot upon the holy sanctuary, suffering constant weak damage as long as they remain inside.

Item Construction- B+
    The talent to craft magical items. Through his authority as Pope can create various Christian relics like holy water, sacred tomes and crucifixes that ward off unholy Magecraft, as well as weapons of the Holy Church like Black Keys. He can also craft "Declarations" on the level of Command Seals given enough time.

Personal Skills:

Papal Charisma- A+
    As the leader of a religion fervently exalted by billions of people across the planet, Caster naturally exercises the highest level of charisma. Anyone who considers themselves Catholic will feel a strong instinctive compulsion to obey Caster's commands, which can be overcome by mental resistance Skills or Noble Phantasms at rank C or higher.

On the other hand, those with a Chaotic Alignment or who were never part of the Catholic Faith in life, will be far less susceptible to his charisma.

Summoning- B+
    Magic that evokes spiritual bodies of the past, or perhaps the future. Having allegedly written a famous book on conjuring demons, Caster wields a high rank in this Skill.

At this rank Caster can summon and bind to his will many kinds of demons, from lowly imps to mighty demon kings. He can also call on angelic familiars, from mere footsoldiers (Cherubim) to Yahweh's paladins the Archangels. Some might call it profane for a man of God to be dabbling in the occult arts, but Caster would disagree. After all, even King Solomon himself commanded demons to build his legendary Temple.

Discernment Of The Poor- D
    Caster was not truly poor but as a Pope he was known for his immense kindness and concern for the poor. During a famine when merchants withheld corn to drive up the price, Caster personally bought up stores of grain to give to the poor. This Skill provides a moderate chance for seeing through the opponent's true character and attributes.

Noble Phantasms
    Le Grimoire du Pape Honorius
    In God's Name I Bind Thee, Foul Spirit

Type: Anti-Spirit

The famous grimoire Caster allegedly penned, containing all his knowledge on summoning and binding spirits. As the ability to summon spirits is already subsumed under Caster's Summoning Skill, this Noble Phantasm instead crystallizes his authority to bind them. When Caster recites the grimoire's true name and opens it, chains of ethereal golden light emerge from its pages and shoot out to bind the targeted spirit.

The chains then vanish from sight, as this binding is spiritual rather than physical. They don't serve to bind the target's physical manifestation, but their spiritual container (Saint Graph). Depending on the strength of the spirit being restrained, they may suffer multiple rank down to their parameters and sealing of certain Skills and Noble Phantasms.

If the spirit is weakened enough Caster will even be able to drag them inside the grimoire and seal them away. This spells instant death for any spiritual being. Normal spirits will be passed along in the cycle of reincarnation at this point, while Heroic Spirits will be returned to the Throne. However, fellow Servants are far too strong for Caster to seal away normally.

Thus he'd have to first bring them to the brink of death before sealing them, making this technique only useful as a finishing move.

Armus Peregrinus
    In God's Will I Declare War

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Caster's declaration of the Fifth Crusade to reclaim the Holy Land in Jerusalem. Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm Caster re-affirms his will to seize his ideals by force, transforming his saint graph into a more martial one. Caster becomes encased in a heavenly suit of silvery armor and a massive broadsword materializes in his hand, heavily ornamented and shining with divine authority.

In this form Honorius undergoes a Class-shift to Saber, obtaining the Skills Magic Resistance (A) and Riding (C). His physical parameters change to reflect those of a prototypical Saber, gaining Strength- A, Agility- B and Endurance- B. Luck and Mana are unaffected. He can also expel bursts of holy light from his sword and armor, serving to temporarily blind opponents and sear flesh at close range.

Due to the strain on his saint graph, Honorius can only maintain this Noble Phantasm for a few minutes at a time. Afterwards he'll have to de-activate it to conserve Mana.

Ex Cathedra
    In God's Grace I Speak Truth

Type: Anti-World

A Noble Phantasm not born from Caster's own feats, but one all Pope Heroic Spirits would possess. The matchless divine authority bequeathed to anyone who holds the office of Pope, empowering them to issue commands that define "reality" for all their followers. Caster can invoke this Noble Phantasm any time he makes a declaration, merely by adding the words "In the name of God I speak the truth". Reality itself will then be rewritten to make Caster's declaration true, as long as it's consistent with the doctrines of the Church and the teachings of St. Peter.

Normally a miracle like this would demand unimaginably more Mana than Caster is capable of, but the Mana cost is distributed amongst the billions of believers across the world who affirm Caster's authority. Even so, invoking this Noble Phantasm once utterly drains Caster's Mana, insuring he vanishes from the World immediately after.

Essentially, this Noble Phantasm allows Caster to perform a single miracle on the level of True Magic at the expense of his own life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is my first pope Servant. I got the inspiration for this guy from coming across a mention of his grimoire on some occultic site.

I thought the idea of a pope who wrote a demonic grimoire sounded pretty interesting and had some decent Servant potential. I originally intended on a more positive characterization for him, but I was influenced by some less savory aspects of his history (like the massacre of the Albigenses) to make him a more Griffith-like "anything for my dream" character. As usual, comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 13th, 2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Altered author's note

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer, Rider
    True Name: Ares
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Classical Mythology
    Armament: Sword, shield, spear

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MANA: D
    LUCK: E
    NP: A

Skills
    Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - Rank E: The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason.
    Normally does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, one retains a normal capacity to think. In fact, thanks in part to the influence of his host, Berserker’s mental abilities may have improved.

Personal Skills

Rosy-Cheeked Adonis - Rank A+: The disposition as a pretty boy who charms people. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of a Magic Resistance Skill is possible.
    Renowned as one of the fairest of gods, Berserker’s host body certainly isn’t detrimental to the charm of his appearance.

Bravery - Rank A: The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    However, Berserker is actually not brave at all. He receives this Skill based on his status as a god that encourages bravery. Thanks to Mad Enhancement, however, its effects have been nullified.

God’s Divine Core - Rank C: A Skill that expresses one being a perfected god from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, and prevents the figure from change no matter how many calories are absorbed.
    As a Pseudo-Servant, the rank would only reach up to B. Thanks to the poor quality of Berserker’s vessel, this Skill has degraded further.

Warcry of the Warrior - Rank D: A morale boosting Skill.
    Berserker really needs this.

Noble Phantasms
    Masters of War
    Daímones ton Polémōn

Anti-Army, Rank A+
    A Noble Phantasm symbolizing Berserker’s attendants. Rather than summoning them onto the battlefield, Daímones ton Polémōn simply allows Berserker to manifest them physically, as his attendants are ever present on a field of battle. Among them are Deimos, Phobos, Kydoimos, Eris and Enyo, as well as numerous other spirits of war. They contribute to the chaos and confusion of a battlefield, causing routs, friendly fire and acts of cruelty. Due to the current understanding of battlefield conditions, this Noble Phantasm has been further strengthened from its original starting point.
    The manifested spirits are low-level Divine Spirits, one and all, but lacking a suitable container, they are not individually able to defeat Servants, even if they can bring trouble to one. Working together, however, several of them can fight even a member of the Knight classes evenly. Their true worth lies in their ability, as each of them provides an effect upon the battlefield. When they are called forth, the battlefield erupts into pure chaos, causing warriors to lash out against their comrades, freezing others with fear, and empowering those who would act with cruelty. These effects affect not only the battlefield that they were called to, but all other ongoing battles in a large area as well.

Education from the War God
    Wakame Punishment

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank C-
    A Noble Phantasm altered from its original state. It is a set of rules that, when followed, grant the user power. Berserker’s original divine Authority serves a power source, even though his ability to access it as a Servant is limited. As long as rules are not broken, the user gains a boost to their physical actions, as well as receiving an influx of battlefield data and instruction on future actions. If a rule is broken, all benefits will be lost until the next day.
    However, certain breaches of the rules warrant an actual punishment. These rules, when broken, result in agonizing pain for Berserker, felt both by the host and the Heroic Spirit himself.
    The breaches resulting in punishment are as follows:
    - Mistreatment of women
    - Cowardice on the battlefield
    - Idle boasting
    - Losing control of one’s emotions
    - Letting others do all the fighting
    Originally, this Noble Phantasm was ‘Kanónes tou Theoú Polémou: Code of the War God’, only available in his other incarnations, but it was reworked after Berserker’s discovery of what kind of person was serving as his host. Recognizing some of his own flaws in his host, Berserker also wishes to use Wakame Punishment as a way to better himself.

Description
    Dislikes: People not dying when they’re killed, mistreatment of women
    Talents: Instruction in the arts of battle, surprising ingenuity when backed into a corner
    Natural Enemy: Matou Shinji, Hera, Altera

Berserker’s true identity is Ares, the God of War. He has manifested as a Pseudo-Servant in the body of Matou Shinji. Upon discovering the personality of his host, Ares promptly took a backseat to the Holy Grail War, allowing for Shinji to fully control the Servant body. Ares sees this as an opportunity to educate the young man, as he once educated his daughters, the Amazons, as well as learn to better himself in the process. He serves as a mental advisor, lending Shinji some of his power.

Ares is an unpleasant person, being short-tempered and brutish, as well as prone to acts of cruelty. He is renowned for both his prowess in battle as well as his tendency to lose most of the battles he takes part in, a fact which irks him. He has decided to act as a sort of "tough love"-style father figure to Shinji for the duration of the Holy Grail War, though he has a tendency to lean too far on the side of the 'tough' while neglecting the 'love' portion, as Shinji is not truly a child of his.
    Due to the sheer weakness of his host and the unpleasant behavior of Matou Shinji, Ares has actually been forced out of the furrow he had traced for most of the Age of Gods. Falling back on his successes with the Amazons and his few heroic moments, he decided to forcibly improve on Shinji’s disposition, planning to use the boy’s growth to see if one so like himself at his worst can be forged into someone better. He uses pain as a motivator, but has decided to suffer the same pain himself out of a sense of fairness.
    As a god of war, Ares has great respect for those who dwell on the battlefield. All warrior Heroic Spirits are his brothers in arms, and he affords them a great amount of respect. He can, however, get exasperated at certain individuals’ mind-boggling endurance and unwillingness to die after receiving fatal wounds. Surprisingly, given the conduct of many Greek gods, Ares is extremely courteous with women and treats them with respect. Despite his flaws, he would always step in to defend a woman in need.
    Just as he can act as an advisor to Shinji, Ares can also communicate mentally with his Master. He is extremely authoritative, and allows no challenge to his authority. He is prone to shouting down all opposition from either of the parties saddled with him, taking command of their efforts in the Holy Grail War. Coincidentally, Ares’ departure from direct control of the Servant vessel has rendered him immune to the Command Spells of his Master, and as such he can be difficult to manage. The Command Spells do, however, work on Shinji.
    Ares’ wish to the Holy Grail would be to better himself and his host as people.

Shinji, as always, is Shinji.

Lore
    Ares is the Greek god of war and one of the Twelve Olympians, being the son of Zeus and Hera. He represents the physical or violent and untamed aspect of war, in contrast to his sister, the armored Athena, whose functions as a goddess of intelligence include military strategy and generalship.
    Throughout the myths, Ares suffered from many humiliations, both in battle and elsewhere. He had a poor relationship with his parents, infuriating Zeus with his warfare and being rebuffed by Hera. However, the battles he caused were an attempt to impress his father, and he always strove to be courteous to women in honor of his mother. Certain of his more unpleasant traits were also crafted in emulation of his parents. However, Ares was never consciously aware of this.
    The antipathy he had with most of the Greek populace was mutual, and Ares treated his worshippers in other cultures much better, and was respected in turn. Amongst the Spartans, the Amazons, and the Scythians, he was a respected god of war, rather than being seen as a cowardly, incompetent braggart.

Notes
    I guess this is one of those "WTF did I just make"-style Servants.
    In case someone is wondering about his absurdly poor stats, that's partly due to the fact that his container is Shinji, and partly due to the fact that the stats are more based on Shinji (and the Berserker class container) than Ares. A little bit from column A, a little from column B.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welp... That's a quite more interesting way to make Ares than my super-angry Zerk

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    First of all, thanks for the feedback! Now, for my response.

1) Parameters: call him a "famous personage" is a bit of a stretch. Yes, he is quite renowned in Brazil, but people of others countries know almost nothing about him (or about bandeirantes, for that matter).
    Well, yes, that's my point, that he's famous in his cultural sphere. You're not going to get that many heroes who are famous worldwide; I doubt the average person even knows of Uruk, much less Gilgamesh, for instance.

Skills: going by your logic, all Servants from the Age of Gods should have a high Magic Resistance. Yet there are cases like Iskandar and Ereshkigal. Personally, I think that individual compatibility and experience play a greater role in things like this.
    True, but consider that Arash, whose legends (to the best of my knowledge) don't include sorcery of any kind, has C, while Archer has D even though he was a mage in life just because of how modern a hero he is.

Finally, I fixed the "natives' language"-issue, but the thing on Conquistador is not a grammar mistake. The "tact" word used here stands for "finesse", "sensitivity" and "savviness".
    Hm. It's written a bit awkwardly, though.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I decided to make a sheet out of one my country's cultural landmarks.Please don't judge Belgium too harshly.

Class:
    Archer
    True Name: Manneken-Pis
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Folklore/Historical Fact
    Armament: N/A

Strenght: E
    Agility: D
    Endurance : D
    Magic: D
    Luck: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. There is very little anecdotes involving Archer facing magic, and the legends that do portray him as the victim of curses.

Independant Action: C
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master.
    It is possible for Archer to stay in the world for a day without a master. Archer may be greatly independant in spirit, but he is still a child that need adult supervision.

Personal Skills:

Rosy-cheeked Adonis: B
    The disposition as a pretty boy who charms people. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of a Magic Resistance Skill is possible.
    The nature of a statue representing cheeky innocence that captured the hearts of the people of Brussels and became known as cultural symbol of the city.

Stone Body: A
    The possession of an unchanging body made out of stone. Grant a rank-up to END. The body shape will not change, no matter what, and effect that target the flesh, such as poisons, are completely useless against the servant.
    According to some versions of his legend, Archer was a normal boy turned into a stone statue by either a saint or a witch.

Protection from Arrows (False): B
    The ability to deal with projectiles, an increased defense against ranged attacks not by skills, but near-supernatural luck. Instead of Archer dodging, it would be more accurate to say that almost all projectiles seems to automically avoid him.
    This skill represent the fact that when french troops assaulted Brussel in August 1695 by heavily bombarding it, wrecking the city and leaving an impact that last to this day, this humble statue that served as part of a fountain miraculously stayed intact. It was this moment that truly made this statue became well-known and used by the people of Brussels as a symbol of their spirits that remain despite adversity.

Evaporation of Sanity: C
    A Skill that denotes that one's reasoning is disappearing, making it impossible to keep any secrets.
    In Archer's case, it's not so much that his common sense is gone, but that he never had much of it in the first place. Indeed, pretty much all of his legends characterize him as a carefree child doing whatever he want,

Noble Phantasm

Water of Shining Bravery
    Ransbeek

Type: Anti-Army

According to one version of his legend, Archer was built in the image of Godefroid III, Count of Louvain who was born Duke of Lotharingy. When he was but a toddler, several of his vassals rebelled and confronted his troops at the town of Ransbeek. To give courage to the soldier, the infant's cradle was hanged to a oak nearby. When the battle was going badly for his troops, the little boy suddenly got up from the cradle and relieved himself. The sight of the young duke peeing without a care in the world greatly boldened the troop and allowed them to prevail against their foes. This anecdote's truth is obviously dubious at best, but it serve as a good representation of the great pride the people brussels use Archer as a symbol of. For this reason, it has been crystallized as his Noble Phantasm.

By calling out its true name, Archer will produce a truly astounding amount of water from which a great number of soldiers will form. These soldiers are in fact the bravery of the Brusselian people, dead and living, incarnated into a tangible form. They will unleash a spectacular attack against Archer's enemies before disapearing. Furthermore, allies who witness the act will also be emboldened by this fighting spirit, and their general combat prowess will improve.

Even without calling its true name, Archer can call upon a small amount of the Brusselian spirit by channeling it trough powerful jets of water coming out from his body. It is for this reason that he has been summoned as a Archer. Furthermore, due to legends about him extinguishing a great flames that was swallowing Brussels, it deal bonus damage to fire-aligned enemies.

Personality
    A cheeky young boy who act before thinking, Archer is the incarnation of both childish innocence and the irrevelent spirit of the people of Brussels. He does not care for social graces to the point of needing to be reminded to put clothes on and is completely carefree of danger, which will put he and his masters in great trouble without proper care. Honestly, he's mostly a hassle.

Blog Entries
    So, after watching some of Fire Force I decided to swap out Tapputi's FC with a certain character from that series. Honestly, even though their personalities are totally different, it suits her surprisingly well.

That aside, any thoughts on my Honorius?

Is it bad that his first NP makes me think of him as a Pokemon Trainer?

Jokes aside, it's a good she. He comes across as a sort of discount Solomon to me but that's kinda inevitable considering the source material. I'm also not sure about if him declaring a crusade really justify a "class change into Saber" ability, and I don't think it really meshes well with the rest of the sheet. His personality and last Noble Phantasm are interesting, tough.

I'd like comments about my super-serious sheet as well.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Toriyama Sekien (Kokutō Mikiya)
    Class: Caster
    Identity: Toriyama Sekien
    Source: Historical fact
    Origin: Japan
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height: 173 cm
    Weight: 63 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    NP: EX

Skills
    Class skills

Item Construction: E
    Lacking knowledge in magecraft, the rank is logically low. The closest thing to a magical item he could craft would be a good luck charm that doesn’t really do anything, but that is made with such dedication you can’t reject it.

Territory Creation: C
    Rather than a studio, what is created is a replica of his house at the mountains, which was said to be surrounded by a beautiful garden.

Personal skills

Finding and Bonding with the Supernatural: B
    Despite being an ordinary human with barely any knowledge related to the abnormal, Toriyama Sekien was able to encounter and interact with several yōkai, a risky activity that would normally lead to a horrible death. However, he managed to not only find, but also to befriend the monsters that were shunned by humans and used to hide from them. Was it because he was absurdly lucky, or perhaps his soul had a special trait that would make even the yōkai feel at ease?
    In the same way, his host body, Mikiya, though bound to live a normal life, was obstinate enough to find the office of a certain mage, and unconsciously attracted the attention of several “abnormal” people in spite of/due to his way of being.
    A skill that facilitates an encounter with other parties the higher their Mystery is, it also makes bonding and negotiating with them easier.

Yōkai Observation: A
    A variant of the Human Observation skill targeted towards yōkai. In other words, Phantasmals.
    He can perfectly deduct the behavior of Phantasmals he has already observed, and guess the conduit of those he has never seen by finding similitude between them and the ones he knows.

Noble Phantasm

Gazu Hyakki Yagyō
    Illustrated night parade of a hundred monsters

Range: 1~20
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

The compilation of paintings of yōkai made by Toriyama Sekien, a Reality Marble-type Noble Phantasm that usually takes the form of a book. Under special conditions, it’s possible to summon it as an independent Servant, but that’s not the case right now. A special and unique Noble Phantasm that has been formed through Toriyama Sekien’s work as a painter and the bonds that join him with the monsters he painted.

Usage of this book allows to summon the yōkai that appear on it, either individually or in a group, by spending mana. The amount of mana consumed depends not only on the number of yōkai, but also on their strength, limiting its applications. There are some yōkai that are strong enough to be summoned as independent Servants, but they’ve become impossible to summon due to that.

Each yōkai has its own individual personality traits and quirks, though most of them share a fondness for mischief and prefer to appear at nighttime. Knowing each of them personally, Sekien knows how to summon them in the most efficient way, employing the best yōkai for each situation.

It is important to note that, unlike other Hyakki Yagyō, Toriyama Sekien’s also has invented his own yōkai. This allows to a special deployment in which he can summon the ones he created, but because they’re not something that actually existed in this world, their summoning is a one-time deal that requires a far greater amount of mana than usual.

Character
    Personality

A polite and humble man, generous enough to help anyone that needs help even if he’s just met them, and of the kind that you’d ask for anything even if you just met him in the street. Though he considers himself a simple person that only does what he considers the most natural thing to do, he certainly irradiates an aura of goodness that can’t be found in any random person.

For Toriyama Sekien, there is no distinction between humans and monsters. He doesn’t consider any of them more evil than the other, and considers that each one has their own reasons to act in the way they act. His kind character, combined with a tinge of curiosity and boldness, make him want to know the origin of others’ behavior when it hurts others. It may be because they don’t know any better, or because they’re hurt and actually they seek attention or relief. Though he isn’t a saint that can perform a miracle, he tries to give a hand by talking with them. That said, he will try to do so even if the situation is incredibly dangerous, without doubting in risking his own life to be of help.

Setting his helpfulness and good will apart, he is an enthusiastic of painting that will paint as soon as he has the occasion. While he exclusively was a painter of yōkai, there are now many other things and people he wouldn’t mind painting too. He may also be a bit dumb regarding feelings like love

Treatment with the Master

Because he knows well that he’s not a powerful Servant, he tries his best not to be a bother, both in and outside the battlefield. He respects the way of living of mages, as they are in a sense part of the world of the supernatural too, but doesn’t consider important the necessity to establish a hierarchical relation between master and servant. That said, his pacific nature makes it impossible for him to put a finger on his Master if he’s not content with their treatment.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1:
    “I don’t think I can be of much use in battle, but if you need any favor from me, I’ll gladly give you a hand, so please feel free to ask me for anything. I’ll try not to be a bother for you.”

Bond 2: “Being a Servant has some good points too. I get to see many different things, related with the supernatural or not. Oh right, I also heard that some big-name yōkai I couldn’t meet can be summoned as Servants. Now that’s interesting. I’d like to compare the real ones with my depiction of them. I wonder if they’ll let me paint them to update my Hyakki Yagyō.”

Bond 3: “Oh, you came visit again? You don’t really have to force yourself to come if you don’t want to, you know? Well, since you’re already here, how about I make some tea? I’m interested in what kind of new yōka-, Phantasmals I can paint.”

Bond 4: “Truth be told, I never thought my paintings would become so popular. It all started as a parody of the popular encyclopedias of the moment, and by the time I realized I was designing my own yōkai because I ran out of source material to work with. Now I only paint as a hobby, and to help you, but it’s fun to know that there are still so many creatures I haven’t painted yet.”

Bond 5: “If I could paint all those yōkai, it’s because I didn’t treat them just as monsters. Of course, it was dangerous at times, but treating those who were human as humans was the easiest part. I think you are similar to me in that sense. You’ve never failed to treat even the weirdest Servant in a way that makes them feel comfortable, and of course that includes a humble painter like me. I think I speak for everyone when I say ‘thank you for being like this’.”

Likes: “My tastes are as plain as the rest of my character. Besides painting, I don’t really have any other interesting hobby. I doubt gardening could pique your interest. Oh well, having a look at my wardrobe, you could say I have a sort of fixation with wearing black.”

Dislikes: “Independently of whether they’re humans or monsters, I don’t like seeing others suffer. When someone’s crying or looks as if they felt lonely, I can’t help but want to get closer to them and shed their tears, even if I end up being hurt. I think that’s another trait I share with this body.”

Wish for the Holy Grail: “Honestly, I don’t really have any wish for the Holy Grail. To begin with, I doubt a Servant as weak as me could ever put his hands on it.”

Personal data
    Historical depiction

The famous painter of the Gazu Hyakki Yagyō, born in a family of high-ranking servants of the shogunate during the 18th century. Differing from the usual with Servants, specially artists, under normal conditions he would be summoned well past his youth, the reason being that his name didn’t become famous until he retired from his service at an old age. Taught by Kanō school artists, Toriyama Sekien took some disciples like Kitagawa Umataro and Utagawa Toyoharu that would obtain some renown in the future too.

Having moved to a house in the mountains where he could dedicate his time to painting and gardening, Toriyama Sekien started developing his work by using images from Japanese or Chinese encyclopedias, as well as form existing depictions of the Hyakki Yagyō. However, he didn’t settle with that. It’s common knowledge that, once he ran out of source material, Sekien started inventing his own yōkai and compiling his creations in a new book that would form part of the Gazu Hyakki Yagyō, but not that he actually was able to meet and bond with many yōkai as well.

It was assumed that Sekien had moved to the mountains in order to find peace to concentrate during his work, but the truth is that he wanted to find yōkai in the real world. Believing they should still exist, he moved closer to their natural habitat, and actually found them. Keeping this a secret from the rest of the world, he tried to get closer to the monsters, a reckless action even for someone prepared to fight them, and somehow managed to interact with them. During his last years, Toriyama Sekien interacted with several yōkai while he wasn’t painting. Somehow, this man who didn’t possess any magecraft or supernatural ability was able to bond with and befriend the yōkai.

Pseudo-Servant vessel · Depiction:

Kokutō Mikiya

A young man from the modern Japan without any special trait in particular, an average person with average interests and hobbies and is fated to live an average life. The very basis of his soul has made it so that he will never experience anything unnatural as long as he’s alive. However…

“I… don’t want to die…”
    “I want to kill you…”

Even though his life was supposed to be as plain as that of any other common citizen, the encounter with that girl that held two souls in her body was only one of the many meetings with abnormal people that he had, consciously or not. The mage that employed him after somehow finding her out and trespassing her office’s Bounded Field, the kōhai he treated although it didn’t hurt, girl that could see the future, the acquaintance that became a homicide beast… In one way or another, he attracted/was attracted to people that, should their peculiarities be known by the masses, would be considered “monsters”. As a matter of fact, some of them thought of themselves as a monster, but that’s another story.

Related characters

Ryōgi Shiki
    It seems my host body has a connection with that girl of the unusual attire. I thought we could get along, but when I explained my situation to her, she said “Ah, so that’s how it is”, and closed her room’s door in front of my face. Did I do anything wrong?

Asagami Fujino
    Everything about her is similar to a yōkai, from her doll-like figure to the eerie power of her eyes. She may be just a human, but I think I can make an exception and paint her.

Svāhā
    I don’t understand. What could my relation with the wife of an Indian god be? My little sister? And she loves me? I guess it has to do with our host bodies, but being loved by a sister is a good sensation. It’s not in the sense I think? What do you mean? And why is she rushing to punch you?

Void Shiki
    I heard that there’s a mysterious woman that you can only meet in a snowy night after everyone’s gone to sleep. She’s barefoot and only wears a kimono, but she doesn’t feel cold at all. I doubt it could be a yōkai, but I’m deeply interested on that woman. I should try and meet her.

Katsushika Hokusai
    Oh! I love those ukiyo-e! As expected from someone on the level of Utamarō, they’re really well done! By the way, is that octopus a yōkai? I don’t recall having seen one like this.

Nezha, Katō Danzō
    Karakuri dolls aren’t quite of my taste, but for some reason they make me feel a bit nostalgic.

Creator's notes
    tl;dr:

I wanted an idea that was more similar to a person who tamed a beast (something like Martha but less ORAORA and a man). In the end, I thought Toriyama Sekien could kinda work if I pulled the sheet right. It may look like I'm calling Shiki & co. monsters, but the idea is that normal people would consider them real monsters, yet Mikiya doesn't really do that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Is it bad that his first NP makes me think of him as a Pokemon Trainer?

Jokes aside, it's a good she. He comes across as a sort of discount Solomon to me but that's kinda inevitable considering the source material. I'm also not sure about if him declaring a crusade really justify a "class change into Saber" ability, and I don't think it really meshes well with the rest of the sheet. His personality and last Noble Phantasm are interesting, tough.

I'd like comments about my super-serious sheet as well.
    That Mannekin-Pis sheet was pretty fun. Kind of goofy, but it works. I presume for his NP, he can produce water from any part of his body and not just "that place"?

That Sekien give me warm feelings. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That Mannekin-Pis sheet was pretty fun. Kind of goofy, but it works. I presume for his NP, he can produce water from any part of his body and not just "that place"?
    Nope, only 'that place'. I figure that if it's going to be goofy, then why not go all the way?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Servant, Assassin! The Scarlet Pimpernel has arrived in response to your summons! Eh? Why am I a girl, you ask? Er, good question, that's... Ah, isn't that King Arthur?! She turns out to be a girl too, so me being a girl isn't such a strange thing, right?!"

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes:
    Saber, Caster, Alter-Ego
    True Name: The Scarlet Pimpernel (?)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin:
    Hungary

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Likes: Dark and gritty superhero flicks, "heroes of justice"
    Dislikes: People prying about her secret identity, "her boring self"
    Talent: Writing, swordfighting, escapology
    Natural Enemy: Madame Guillotine (or so she says)
    Armament: Rapier, smoke bombs, grappling gun
    Catalyst: The original draft of the first Scarlet Pimpernel novel
    Class Skills
    Presence Concealment

Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear completely and become nearly impossible to be detected. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. This skill is sealed and replaced with espionage whenever Assassin's Vigilante Noble Phantasm is active.

Magic Resistance

Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Normally a class skill of the Saber-class, Assassin's reputation as a swordsman allows this skill to carry over to her other incarnations. That said, since she is a relatively recent heroic spirit, her rank at this skill is rather low.

Personal Skills
    Espionage

A skill that does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person. At this rank, it is possible for Assassin to infiltrate social events and organizations and gaining trust from others with ease. That said, this skill is normally sealed and is only usable when Assassin's Vigilante Noble Phantasm is active. In a way, it could be said that this skill does not belong to "The Scarlet Pimpernel", but rather to Baroness E-"HEY, THAT PART IS CLASSIFIED!"

Disengage

The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions.Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match (1st turn) and restores the condition of this Skill to the initial value. Assassin's talent as an escape artist allows her to withdraw from the battlefield with relative ease.

Master of Disguise
    The ability to craft disguises for infiltration. At this rank, Assassin is able to craft a precise and suitable disguise simply by observing her target for a brief moment. These disguises are made using magical energy and can be dissolved at Assassin's will. That said, this skill is strictly limited to "the creation of disguises"; it does not change her body, voice, or skills in any way. It does increase the effectiveness of her second Noble Phantasm, though.

Heroic Great Principles (Vigilante)

A crystallization of Assassin's status as the pioneer of the "costumed vigilante" genre in fiction. Grants a temporary rank up to the necessary parameters whenever Assassin engages in activities commonly associated with heroic vigilantes in fiction. (Infiltration, dismantling and escaping from traps, dispatching enemies from the shadows, etc.) This skill doesn't normally trigger during close quarters combat, but Assassin gains a rank up in all parameters during a situation she perceives as "dire", befitting of a hero who triggers a comeback at the very last second, when all seems lost.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    The Scarlet Pimpernel
    The Mark Accompanying Victory

Type: Anti-Evil
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

The Scarlet Pimpernel's trademark calling card. In the stories, the Scarlet Pimpernel leaves behind a flower she was named after, a scarlet pimpernel, at each of her interventions. The sight of this flower is enough to tell that evil has been vanquished and good has emerged victorious.

A Noble Phantasm only usable when Assassin's second Noble Phantasm is deactivated, rather than leaving behind a mark of her victory, this flower is sent in advance before Assassin confronts her target. This Noble Phantasm activates the moment her target took notice of the flower. From then onward, Assassin imposes the narrative of "good will overcome evil" upon the world, painting her target as the "villain" she will overcome.

From then on, whenever the target comes into confrontation with Assassin, they will suffer a temporary rank down to all parameters except luck, which is degraded by two ranks. They are also more prone to making "mistakes" that are advantageous to Assassin, such as missing a vital attack, or inadvertently exposing their blind spot in combat. In a way, this Noble Phantasm can be said to be a pseudo-plot armor for Assassin. That said, this "plot armor" is far from perfect and purely chance-based. The chance increases considerably should Assassin's target possesses an evil alignment. In addition, these mistakes only serve to protect Assassin at the last second, as well as create openings for her to utilize. Ultimately, Assassin still needs to rely on her own skills to defeat her opponent.

Vigilante
    Hero Before the Mask, Man Behind the Mask

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1 (Self)

A crystallization of Assassin's feat, introducing the genre of "masked vigilantes" in fiction. Assassin popularized the idea of a courageous hero of justice hiding behind a mask. Generally, these heroes also take upon the identity of an unassuming fop to divert suspicion from themselves, like how the unremarkable, frivolous playboy businessman Sir Percy Blackeney is actually the legendary masked vigilante, The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Embodying the concept of "an unassuming, unremarkable nobody" as the alter-ego to a famous hero, this Noble Phantasm serves to further conceal Assassin's presence as a Servant by convincing the world that "The Scarlet Pimpernel" and "Baroness Emma Orczy" are two different people. This Noble Phantasm activates automatically whenever Assassin takes of her mask. Upon activation, Assassin's "presence concealment" skill is sealed and replaced with "espionage". This makes it easier for her to blend in and gain trust from others.

In addition, this Noble Phantasm also disguises Assassin's parameters. Instead of her actual parameters, anyone attempting to observe Assassin's status will see that she is a Caster-class Servant with rank E in all parameters except MGI, which is ranked C. It creates the image that Assassin is a harmless literary Caster who barely poses a threat to anyone. Naturally, the effects of this Noble Phantasm would disappear the moment one makes the connection that "The Scarlet Pimpernel" and "Baroness Emma Orczy" is one and the same.

Description
    Assassin's True Name is The Scarlet Pimpernel, the first vigilante who would later inspire an entire genre of fiction. Or at least that is what Assassin insisted to be addressed as. In actuality, The Scarlet Pimpernel lacks the historical basis to qualify as anything more than a phantom spirit. Thus, Assassin's true identity is the author of the Scarlet Pimpernel novels, Baroness Emma Orczy. Her saint graph had been influenced by her most famous literary work, partially granting her the abilities of the legendary vigilante.

Befitting of the proud vigilante she insists to be, Assassin is clever, and confident. That said, for someone who insists so strongly on keeping her secret identity, she's rather terrible at it, especially when around those she trusts. Whenever anyone questions her identity, all that confidence would melt away, as she gets flustered and try to dodge the question or change the topic in a very blatantly obvious manner. It wouldn't take long for her master to deduce her true identity with a little research. Yet even after her identity is no longer a secret, she would still insist on being addressed as "The Scarlet Pimpernel", denying any connection she has to the Baroness.

This deep-rooted denial stems from the dissatisfaction she felt towards her own life. She does not hate her life, yet according to her, it was boring. Born and raised as a relatively well-off noble, she attended parties and upper-class social gatherings. She even went on to write a number of successful novels and adapted theatrical plays out of some. Yet she feels like that's all there is to her life, and she's missing out on many other things. Being summoned with the abilities of the legendary vigilante granted her a newfound sense of freedom; explorations, heists, swordfights... adventures that previously existed only in her wildest imagination. She believes that embracing her identity as "Baroness Emma Orczy" would be the same as accepting her boring noble life once again.

Assassin possesses an (over)active imagination, one that could be called a mild case of chuunibyou in present-day standards. She believes that her deadliest enemy, Madame Guillotine, had been summoned through a case of chain summoning the moment she manifested. While the truth of this claim is unknown, she tends to blame "Madame Guillotine's dastardly conspiracy" for everything, including the most mundane, minor inconveniences. It is also unknown whether she genuinely believes this or if she's just using the name of her archenemy as a convenient excuse for every mistake she makes... Not that anyone buys that excuse either.

Assassin's imagination also affects her relationship with others. While she's actually a rather skilled judge of character, she tends to rely on her imagination to fill in the blanks on details she does not know about. While the result is usually not too far off the mark, this combined with her straightforward way of conveying her thoughts might make her come off as rude or insensitive. Still, despite being the airhead that she is now, Assassin was still a noble in life, and occasionally, she may show a more reserved, dignified side to herself when interacting with certain people.

As expected of the "mother" of superhero fiction, Assassin is a fangirl for tales of heroism. She enjoys all the hot-blooded action and daring adventures within those stories. Thus, it is no surprise that she admires any Servant known for their heroism, and could spend hours listening to their stories. Assassin is delighted at the prospect of being summoned in the modern era, as she is curious on stories after her time. After some exposure to modern pop culture, she has developed a certain fondness towards comic book superheroes and videogames. Her obsession with those stories also extend to her speech patterns, where she would often quote stereotypical and borderline clichéd superhero lines like "Surrender, dastardly villain!" or "You'll never get away with this!".

Despite all the advantages it provides, Assassin is generally reluctant to use her Vigilante Noble Phantasm. To her, using that is akin to throwing away her much desired "courageous hero of justice" persona, albeit temporarily. To some extent, she believes that the only reason she qualifies as a Heroic Spirit is to serve as a vessel for her most famous creation, and thus she must always maintain the identity of the legendary vigilante while undermining her own boring self; something she cannot do while that Noble Phantasm is active. Therefore, to unlock her true potential, her master must be able to teach her to embrace her own identity as Baroness Emma Orczy, and help her understand that "a hero is not defined by their mask".

Assassin's wish for the Holy Grail is a second chance at life. One where she may further experience the freedom she missed out on during her lifetime.

Lore
    Baroness Emma Orczy (1865-1947) was a Hungarian-born British novelist and playwright. She was born to a noble family, with her father being a famed composer and her mother a countess. Her paternal grandfather was a knight and royal councilor to the Sicilian Order of Saint George, and her maternal grandfather was a member of the Hungarian Parliament. Fearing the threat of a peasant revolution, she left Hungary with her family at a young age, moving to London in 1880. She attended art school for a few years, and while she did not display much talent or interest in art, it was there that she met her husband, the son of an English clergyman.

After her marriage, Emma began working alongside her husband as a translator and illustrator. She also began writing novels in her spare time. Her first novel, The Emperor's Candlesticks, was released in 1899, although it was considered to be a failure at the time. Undeterred, she wrote a few more lesser-known novels before her most famous work.

In 1903, Emma and her husband wrote a play based on one of her short stories, The Scarlet Pimpernel. Set during the early stages of the French Revolution, the story features the titular Scarlet Pimpernel (True name Percy Blackeney, a wealthy British aristocrat), and his adventures as a vigilante to save the French royalty from the vengeful executioner Madame Guillotine. The play first ran for four months in London, unexpectedly breaking various stage records and gaining massive audience for every performance. Until now, the play remains as one of the greatest, most famous plays ever performed in Britain. This massive theatrical success also generated huge sales for the novelization of the story, officially marking the start of the Scarlet Pimpernel series.

After her first major success, Emma went on to write a dozen more sequels detailing more adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel. The final installment to the series, Mam'zelle Guillotine, was released in 1940. While the series managed to gather a massive following, none of the sequels matched the initial success of the Pimpernel's debut on that play. Either way, there is no denying the Pimpernel's influence on fiction. Stories of his heroic adventures inspired legions of other heroic figures such as The Shadow, Zorro, Batman, and many more to make their debut on fiction. It is for this reason that Baroness Emma Orczy is often regarded as the mother of superhero fiction.

Relationships
    Emiya (Assassin): *gasp* "This brooding, angsty aura..! You, you sound like a morally-gray protagonist out of some dark edgy anime! Eh? W-why are you looking at me like that?"

Salieri: "Wow, didn't expect him to be summonable here! He must be that guy from P*rsona, right?! Hm? Master, what do you mean I can't say that name? What copyright?"

Fuuma Kotaro: "Hmm, so this is what you call a shuriken, huh? Mind teaching me how to use this? I'm sure a new addition to my arsenal would be just the thing I need to foil Madame Guillotine's heinous plot!"

Charles-Henri Sanson: "Aah! Madame Guillotine has been summoned as a guy?! Don't tell me the Throne of Heroes messed up again and this is some alternate universe shenanigans... Eh? That's not her? Is that so..."

Sherlock Holmes: "Ah, a fellow pioneer of a genre, I see. If that old man were here, I'm sure he'd love to compare notes with you. Either way, I'd like to hear more of your adventures in his place... Hm? Baroness who? Silly detective, I am The Scarlet Pimpernel, I don't know any boring-sounding baroness by that name."

Charlotte Corday: "Mademoiselle Corday... You're my greatest inspiration! The people back then might not see your actions as just, but now you're a symbol of bravery and inspiration to many! Um, so... I hope you can forgive yourself."

Creator's Notes
    Alright, so she's basically a semi-joke character I came across while reading a list of pulp-era superheroes. Her second NP is inspired by Telltale's Batman game where you have to choose which "mask" to assume in different situations. All in all, enjoy this chuuni vigilante.

Blog Entries
    That's an awesome Scarlet Pimpernel sheet. She sounds like an incredibly fun character (I nearly chuckled out loud reading some of her dialogue) and her musings on the meaning of heroes adds a nicely bittersweet element to the sheet. Really great job there. Also I feel a little bad now that I didn't know until reading this that basically the world's first masked superhero story was written by a woman.

Lastly, I can't imagine what sort of crazy antics would happen if this Scarlet Pimpernel met my Don Quixote...

Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance
    :

Source is here

True Name: "Legion"/Gerasene Demoniac

Alignment
    : Chaotic Evil

Alternate Class: Caster

Strength- A+
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- A
    Mana- A++
    Luck- E-
    NP- A

Personality
    Being less of an individual person than a chaotic mass of countless demons crammed into a single body, Berserker largely lacks a recognizable personality. His demeanour fluctuates wildly based on which demon is currently in control of Berserker's body. At one moment he's cold and scheming. In another Berserker shows the haughty regal manner of a king. And in still others he howls and rages like a wild beast.

Even so, there are some common threads uniting his disparate identities. Berserker in all his manifestations delights in tormenting others and sowing chaos. Whether he does so through scheming manipulation or overt acts of violence varies, but all of them share the lust for pain and carnage. Similarly, all the demons making up Berserker hate and fear the Christian god and anyone who draws on His power, being reminded of their humiliating defeat in life.

Rarely, the maddening voices inside Berserker will cease and he'll be able to show a sliver of his own original personality. Once a calm and peaceful, if slightly aloof man who enjoyed tending to his fields. Now he's become morose and pitiful, alternatively cursing his fate and fanatically praying to God for salvation. In his brief moments of lucidity Berserker is horrified at the monster he's become, begging others to stay away from him so he won't hurt them.

The countless demons inside Berserker each have their own wish on the Grail. Some simply want to become the dominant personality. Some harbor crude wishes born of greed or lust. Others crave vengeance against the savior who exiled them in life. Berserker himself also has a wish, which is to be finally freed from the voices tormenting him. If Berserker managed to touch the Grail, which of those wishes would be granted? Even he himself doesn't know for sure.

Dislikes: God, exorcists/the demons inside him
    Talent: rampaging/nothing in particular
    Natural Enemy: Jesus/himself

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- E~A+
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for sacrificing sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. Berserker's mind has been fractured irrepairably from the countless demons warring inside him. As such his rank in this Skill vacillates wildly based on which demon is dominant.

A Command Seal can be used to force one demon's personality to the forefront, effectively locking Berserker into a certain rank of Mad Enhancement, but even that will be only temporary.

Personal Skills:

Mana Burst (Spirit)- A
    Denotes a boost in performance by way of infusing one's body and weaponry with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effects of a jet-burst by expending vast amounts of magical power. Instead of his own Mana, Berserker expels the demons inside him to fuel this Skill. Visually this takes the form of grimacing skull-like faces made of swirling dark energy that surge from Berserker's body. He can launch the ghouls at his foes as projectiles, wrap his body in them in a Reinforcement-like fashion (warping his body and giving him a more monstrous look) or expel them behind him as a form of jet-propulsion.

Expert Of Many Specializations- A+
    Access to and use of many expert skills. In Berserker's case, rather than abilities he learned in life this Skill encapsulates the accumulated knowledge and powers of the countless demons inside him. Witchcraft, Torture Techniques, Battle Continuation, Charisma, Military Tactics and a myriad other abilities can be displayed depending on which demon is dominant.

Breaker Of Binds- B-
    In his rampages Berserker would break out of any restraints placed on him. Even iron chains would shatter against his body. Representing this, when bound, Berserker gains a temporary + modifier to Strength until he can break free. However, as Berserker was ultimately bound by the power of God, this Skill is ineffective against divine restraints.

Noble Phantasm
    Legio 666
    My Name Is Legion, For We Are Many

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the act that made Berserker a Heroic Spirit. The expulsion of the countless demons inside him carried out by God incarnate. While Berserker himself never performed this feat, his exorcism soothed the confused minds of the people and made him an example of the power and compassion of God. Thus Berserker, a mere ordinary person who never committed any great or villainous deeds in life, managed to become a Heroic Spirit.

Recreating this event, Berserker clutches his head and lets out a gutteral scream as the myriad thousands of demons inside him erupt violently from his body. Shrieking and wailing, they fly across the battlefield in an unholy procession of damned souls. Once freed from Berserker's body, the ghouls automatically seek out anyone nearby to possess.

Upon colliding with any living human or animal, they'll try to enter their body to possess them. Once possessed, the victim will go into a frenzy where they try to kill themselves by the nearest means available. Once the target dies, the ghoul will leave their body to rejoin Berserker. If the target has mental resistance Skills or Noble Phantasms ranked B or higher, there's a chance they'll be able to force out the demon and escape.

Without the demons lending him their power Berserker is merely an ordinary human. While they return to him once this Noble Phantasm is finished, Berserker is left incredibly vulnerable while they're out. If the opponent somehow manages to reach Berserker at the center of the swirling maelstrom of damned souls, they'd have a perfect opportunity to defeat him.

The demons also have a tangible form and can be killed by attacks. If any of them are killed they won't be able to rejoin Berserker, permanently reducing his numbers and power. While it's unlikely ordinary attacks would make a dent in Berserker's massive quantity of wraiths, Noble Phantasms that target a large area like Excalibur could burn through hundreds of them at a time and severely weaken Berserker.

As the demons inside Berserker were ultimately banished by a holy miracle, this Noble Phantasm is powerless against those with Divinity or a similar Skill indicating the protection/status of a deity at rank A or higher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I felt inspired to work on this sheet in the last few days. Frankly I'm surprised nobody else has done a sheet on this guy since "he" is such an iconic figure. As always, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's an awesome Scarlet Pimpernel sheet. She sounds like an incredibly fun character (I nearly chuckled out loud reading some of her dialogue) and her musings on the meaning of heroes adds a nicely bittersweet element to the sheet. Really great job there. Also I feel a little bad now that I didn't know until reading this that basically the world's first masked superhero story was written by a woman.

Lastly, I can't imagine what sort of crazy antics would happen if this Scarlet Pimpernel met my Don Quixote...
    Wow, just saw your Don Quixote sheet. As you'd expect, they would probably indulge each other in their fantasies. Pimpernel would take all of Don Quixote's tall tales at face value and fangirl all over her, while Don Quixote now believes that there's an evil executioner on the loose who enjoys causing minor inconveniences that she must defeat. Then they would bond over Tokusatsu and other superhero entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Achilles?Ajax the Lesser

Alignment: Lawful Neutral?Chaotic Evil

Alternate Class: Berserker

Armament: A thick bronze spear carved with ornate images depicting man's triumph over the gods.

Strength- C+
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A-

Personality
    Summoned in the role of "Achilles", Lancer does his best to imitate his more famous rival. Broad-minded, carefree and audacious, he acts like the very picture of a gallant hero. While his raptorial demeanour is enough to seduce even a virtuous housewife, Lancer would never make advances on a woman who wasn't genuinely into him.

However, sometimes the facade will slip and Lancer will reveal a far more petty, vulgar and spiteful side to his personality. This is his true self as Ajax the Lesser, hidden behind the mantle of Achilles. Lancer's true self is also very misogynistic, as he believes women only exist to serve and pleasure him. If he's fighting a female opponent Lancer won't just try to defeat her, but thoroughly taunt and humiliate her, as if finding the very idea of a woman fighting to be a ridiculous absurdity. Given the plethora of strong female Heroic Spirits in most Grail Wars, it goes without saying that this cockiness can easily bite Lancer in the ass.

Lancer harbors a great deal of resentment towards heroes he recognizes to outshine himself, including Achilles. If he encounters such a hero, Lancer will act outwardly fawning and respectful while secretly scheming for a way to disgrace and humiliate them. He acts boastful and fearless against opponents he considers weaker than himself, but if faced with someone stronger Lancer won't hesitate to use dirty tactics like running away or even grovelling for his life. Lancer also despises the gods, blaming them for all his misfortunes in life and utterly refusing to acknowledge his own responsibility in any way. Truly an arrogant brat.

Lancer's wish on the Holy Grail would be to usurp Achilles's legend and be remembered forever as the greatest hero of the Trojan War.

[Likes: praise, glory, women (as sex-objects)
    Dislikes: the word "no", water, women (as people), the gods
    Talent: all the skills necessary for a hero (false)
    Natural Enemy: Cassandra,
    That bitch
    Athena
    , other Greek Heroes

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Cannot cope against the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Despite living at the peak of the Age of Gods, Lancer rarely encountered Magecraft in life and hence sports only an average level of resistance. Having met his end by a godly curse in life, Lancer's magical defenses would normally suffer a - modifier against spells of divine origin.

However, Lancer's first Noble Phantasm affords him protection against divine attacks, averaging the rank back to C again.

Personal Skills:

Bravery (False)- A
    The ability to negate mental interference like pressure, confusion and fascination through sheer fortitude of will. Also confers a boost to melee damage.

Lancer was described as a brave and intrepid hero. However, when the rest of the Greeks formed a mob to stone him for his horrendous act of defiling the priestess Cassandra, Lancer cowardly fled instead of accepting his fate with dignity. He hid in a temple to the gods, relying on the fact that the other heroes wouldn't attack him in such a holy place. Lancer relied on the very same mercy he never showed to Cassandra when he tore her away from the idol of Athena she was clinging to for protection and brutally raped her.

As such, Lancer acts the part of a bold and gallant hero as long as he has the upper hand. But if the situation turns on him and Lancer thinks he may actually die he won't hesitate to shamelessly flee to fight another day. In that case, this Skill will be temporarily exchanged by Disengage at rank B.

Weak Constitution (Curse)- C
    During battle or other competitions, there's a random chance Lancer will suffer a momentary penalty to his Agility parameter. This isn't a result of his frail health from life, but a grudge from the goddess Athena, who cursed Lancer to trip and lose a footrace after he arrogantly boasted to be able to win without relying on the gods.

Battle Continuation- B
    The ability to persevere in combat despite receiving fatal wounds. At this rank Lancer can keep fighting while heavily injured, but will eventually perish from amassed battle damage. The stubborn will of a youth who desperately clung to life even when his demise was decreed by the gods.

Noble Phantasms
    Aíttiti Kafchí
    Vainglorious Boast Of Immortality

Type: Anti-Unit (Self), Anti-Divine

A crystallization of Lancer's boast that none of the Olympian Gods could kill him. Normally this Noble Phantasm would take an entirely different form reflecting the legend of Lancer's death, but out of a desire to outdo his more famous rival it has been reinterpreted as a blessing of immortality similar to Achilles'.

This Noble Phantasm manifests as a glowing gold tattoo in ancient Greek across Lancer's body. It serves to nullify any attack from those with Divinity at rank C or higher, and weaken attacks from those below that rank. This also includes Divine Constructs. However, as Lancer's death ultimately came at the hands of the sea god Poseidon, an exception is made for water-based attacks, which bypass this Noble Phantasm's protection altogether.

Kostoúmia Kynigós
    Chasing The Comet's Tail

Type: Anti-Unit

Lancer was said to be one of the swiftest heroes in Greece, surpassed only by the fabled Achilles. This Noble Phantasm crystallizes Lancer's achievement of being the second fastest hero alive. When activated, it automatically fixes Lancer's speed to just slightly below that of his opponent. Simply put, if the opponent's speed is "A" than Lancer's speed will always be "A - 1".

While this may sound weak, once you realize that even if the opponent is racing at speeds rivalling light itself, Lancer will still only be ever so slightly slower than them, it becomes obvious how terrifyingly powerful this Noble Phantasm truly is. Even so, Lancer despises this Noble Phantasm and refuses to invoke it except as a last resort, considering it a proof how he never managed to surpass the hero he hated and envied.

Incidentally, as it embodies Lancer's status of "one step short of Achilles", this Noble Phantasm is the reason Lancer can borrow his rival's form upon manifesting as a Servant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I know that I've already done a sheet of this guy in the contest thread. But there were a few ideas I didn't have the time/motivation to implement back then so I thought I'd do another take on him.

I thought Ajax the Lesser could have an NP that gives him protection against divine attacks based on his famous boast, and then I got the idea to make him a "reverse-Achilles". Then I thought it'd be funny if he was outright trying to impersonate Achilles out of jealousy but his own douchebaggery kept biting him in the ass every time. That's where the concept for this sheet came from.

As always, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!