Page 6208 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 520857086108615861986203620662076208620962106213621862586308 ... LastLast
Results 124,141 to 124,160 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    I honestly don’t know how strong uncle vlad is but I do feel like mordred is getting undervalued here since it was noted she is one of the stronger sabers you can summon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When half the people say A stomps B
    and the other half say B stomps A
    Seems like a pretty good indicator both parties are undervaluing the other and it'd be a close fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Well like I said it can be either a close fight or a stomp depending on the circumstances. Neutral ground means Vlad can’t do much because he needs his claimed ground to use his stake noble phantasm.

it was noted she is one of the stronger sabers you can summon.
    Mordred isn't even top 5 Saber. Lancelot, Gawain, Saber, Sigurd, Proto Arthur, Rama are all flat out superior

This is not counting Siegfried, Charlemagne, Altera, Diarmuid, Fergus, Musashi, Suzuka who may or may not be stronger than her, but at least are close

Vlad can use his stakes not only for Attack and defence but also to capture enemies as well like in ep8 Apo where Vlad summon huge stakes that lock Karna in place (until Karna use his sun power). 20k stakes that come literally from everywhere, even Karna during the whole fight get hit by 2000 stakes and it was mentioned in LN that his sun armor is the reason he could survive. Modred has to deflect, destroy, and the same time dodge all those stakes to survive and the worst part is a single hit from Vlad spear's will be game over for modred. Modred best bet is to immediately use her NP and hope Vlad doesn't interrupt her
    Last edited by BlackWatchar; December 12th, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    She has literal armor as a noble phantasm however. Mix in prana burst and it is in fact a very significant defense.Vlad May have fought Karna, but it was far from a full out battle imo. The text can claim things but I don’t see Vlad actually doing great against Mordred.
    Is Mordred's armor even that good? What's it blocked? I remember Saber plowing through it and her with Rhongobongo. Not even NP activation, just *stab*.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mordred facetanked full-power Blasted Tree with A-rank END. She has actual armor as opposed to fake and lame mana armor like Artoria, but aside from it getting dented pretty badly from eating Fran's Command Spell-boosted sneak attack it hasn't been talked up much. If anything, Mordred's ability to actually listen to her Instinct instead of assuming that the spearman with two spears couldn't possibly have two Noble Phantasms like Artoria is what really sets her aside from the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Aren't Vlad's stakes just normal wooden stakes, with the threat coming from their numbers? I have to agree with eddyak I don't think they could pierce Mordred's armor. Karna has his damage reduction but he isn't clad from head to toe in plate like she is.

Shit-Posting Threat has been updated, Enforcement mode is DestroyDecomposer BK201's Avatar
    All of Mordred notable feats from Apo are command spell boosted. When she fought Sieg (whom had just transformed for the first time), she needed one just to even get through AoF. Another one to survive Fran's CS boosted Blasted Tree. Finally, last one to beat Semi after she stupidly decided to spare Mordred instead of finishing her off. Frankly, Mordred is mostly just hyped. Dominating against Astolfo who just fell from hanging gardens doesn't really prove much. The only two fights that showcased her fairly is against Chiron and Jack.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What makes magic sun armour < magic knight armour anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Aren't Vlad's stakes just normal wooden stakes, with the threat coming from their numbers? I have to agree with eddyak I don't think they could pierce Mordred's armor. Karna has his damage reduction but he isn't clad from head to toe in plate like she is.
    All of Karna's skin is his armor

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Karna's armor is literally his skin, so every single part of him is his armor

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    When half the people say A stomps B
    and the other half say B stomps A
    Seems like a pretty good indicator both parties are undervaluing the other and it'd be a close fight.
    It's not a stomp in favour of Mordred, but Vlad doesn't have much that could take her down.

His stakes are almost worthless in this fight, given they're literally just wood. Unless, like BlackWatcher said, he uses them creatively, like to catch Mordred in place, they aren't doing a damn thing, and even then, they're still just regular wooden stakes. Mana burst destroys them easily, she doesn't even need to go all lightning to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Is Mordred's armor even that good? What's it blocked? I remember Saber plowing through it and her with Rhongobongo. Not even NP activation, just *stab*.
    Artoria is no slouch when it comes to hitting things hard. Gil's armour took a few smacks from her like a champ, but even he up and went "ahaha I don't think this armour would break with just you beating on it, but holy shit I think it might actually be about to break".

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    What makes magic sun armour < magic knight armour anyway?
    For this fight specifically, magic knight armour > magic sun armour because it isn't a part of the user, and thus getting scratched does not lead to being turned into a human porcupine.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's not a stomp in favour of Mordred, but Vlad doesn't have much that could take her down.

His stakes are almost worthless in this fight, given they're literally just wood. Unless, like BlackWatcher said, he uses them creatively, like to catch Mordred in place, they aren't doing a damn thing, and even then, they're still just regular wooden stakes. Mana burst destroys them easily, she doesn't even need to go all lightning to do it.

Artoria is no slouch when it comes to hitting things hard. Gil's armour took a few smacks from her like a champ, but even he up and went "ahaha I don't think this armour would break with just you beating on it, but holy shit I think it might actually be about to break".

For this fight specifically, magic knight armour > magic sun armour because it isn't a part of the user, and thus getting scratched does not lead to being turned into a human porcupine.
    Feels a lot more like overhyping Mordred given Romania Vlad is as hyped up as Saber in Britain or Herk in Greece. What makes you so sure that stakes can't beat her armor given that it could bypass K&K?

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Mordred isn't even top 5 Saber. Lancelot, Gawain, Saber, Sigurd, Proto Arthur, Rama are all flat out superior

This is not counting Siegfried, Charlemagne, Altera, Diarmuid, Fergus, Musashi, Suzuka who may or may not be stronger than her, but at least are close
    Well, you can say they're stronger. But what makes them stronger? I'd very much argue that half of those are definitely not stronger, or are side-grades.

I'd take Mordred over Altera at the very least. Star Crest is more efficent but Prana Burst is better for overpowering and forcing a climatic finish since it's bigger bursts. The only real thing Altera has over Mordred at all is the Ares "I hate Velber" beam. Normal Photon Ray certainly loses.

Fergus and Mordred are pretty close to each other when you stack them side by side, but the combination of prana burst and armor probably gives her a distinct edge.

Rama's an odd sort. He's very powerful but his strength is in being an all-rounder while Mordred is a readjusted Artie clone. Where they'll shine is different but in a fight against each other I can see it go either way.

Suzuka is extremely strong but her peak power basically is a suicide state so.

So on and so on. Mordred is certainly without a doubt an A-list servant being a notable Knight of the Round and actually having a powerful solid kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    KoTR armor in general seems to be good. Artoria's armor gives her defense against poison and other things as mentioned in F/HA. Lancelot didn't die from being run over by some Divine Bulls even if he took some heavy damage. Armor of Pedigree meanwhile is a noble phantasm and also helped her survive Blasted Tree.

In any case you forget that prana burst also is a defensive thing too.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Feels a lot more like overhyping Mordred given Romania Vlad is as hyped up as Saber in Britain or Herk in Greece. What makes you so sure that stakes can't beat her armor given that it could bypass K&K?
    I've already said. The stakes are just normal wood. They were barely able to scratch Karna's armour, but since his armour is his skin, that scratch let Vlad porcupine him. Mordred doesn't have that problem, her armour is actually armour, and given that she tanked Fran's NP, I feel justified in saying her armour isn't gonna lose to literally just wood.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Doesn't Mordred have like, no armour at all on her upper arms?
    Spoiler:

Seems to me that Vlad could porcupine her just as well if not better then Karna. Moedred's Armour is pretty good by Anime Standards, but there are still holes in it. And if even one stakes gets through she's fucked.
    Last edited by forumghost; December 12th, 2019 at 08:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post

i wasn’t just raising an opinion, its actually written into her secondary material. Mildly paraphrased it’s something like

”she may not be quite as strong as her sire, but she is one of the stronger saber class servants.”

it’s not actually a question that even in the saber kit, arguably the strongest class container, mordred is a 5 star even in a gacha not weighted towards waifus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I just reread the Apo LN in Vol 2 Ch 3 part 7, idk if this a good example how strong her armor is, so basically...

Chiron said that her armor dont have any special abilities like other defensive np. It just hide her true name and stat until she open her helmet. It does have a good defense tho since it was enchanted by Morgan but definitely inferior compared to other defensive np in that HGW.

Modred able to tank a CS buffed Frankenstein (C STR+CS) but it injured her and bend her armor as well. Sieg able to pierce and damage Modred on that area with Astolfo's sword even tho he is as weak as other human.

Modred able to tank Fran's np and heavily wounded but its not buffed by CS. Long explanation but basically Caules and Shishigou's CS cancel each other and because of this Fran dont get any boost

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I've already said. The stakes are just normal wood. They were barely able to scratch Karna's armour, but since his armour is his skin, that scratch let Vlad porcupine him. Mordred doesn't have that problem, her armour is actually armour, and given that she tanked Fran's NP, I feel justified in saying her armour isn't gonna lose to literally just wood.
    Saying it just a mere wood is a bit understatement. Yes it is an ordinary stakes and the damage is low but it still able to pierce servant like Spartacus with ease and the material said it does has penetration power. Its the number that should be feared. Modred may able to tank those stakes with her armor, 10 or 20 stacks its not a problem but can her armor withstand 20k stakes that literally come from anywhere simultaneously? Plus she still has to face Vlad as well, so its Modred vs 20k stakes+Vlad
    Last edited by BlackWatchar; December 12th, 2019 at 08:52 AM.