Page 72 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22626770717273747782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by amansviverrarum View Post
    Hey there, I extracted it with 7zip, reinstalled the game, the .exe seems to work, but it doesnt show me the title screen when I start it, it starts directly on the game. What's going wrong here? I installed it on a separate computer from scratch and I did get the menu there first try.
    The only reason an install of this game should go to the title screen on launch is if there is preexisting save data from an install that has gotten past the Prologue at least once already.

That 2nd case you mentioned is the possibly concerning one.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey psst, if anyone is reading this, can someone shoot me a copy of whatever the latest and greatest version of the go-to XP3 extraction and repacking software is?

Basically the version of kiririki I've been using for ages doesn't work with a newer HD version of a given non-TypeMoon VN but does work with an older non-HD version of the same non-TypeMoon VN.

Quote Originally Posted by amansviverrarum View Post
    getting the following error when I try to unzip

https://i.imgur.com/MT3NFVW.png
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    You need to go here https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/8229 then download the files below "Mandatory patches". Replace the files in the installation directory.
    But it's not clear if he's getting the error with Quibi's v1.0 public beta or with v0.9.1.

If they're getting it with v1.0, then rolling back to v0.9.1 isn't likely to solve their original issue (the error during HF with the Sakura CG).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

For VN extraction, I've seen the mahoyo programming lead recommend https://github.com/morkt/GARbro

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Hey psst, if anyone is reading this, can someone shoot me a copy of whatever the latest and greatest version of the go-to XP3 extraction and repacking software is?

Basically the version of kiririki I've been using for ages doesn't work with a newer HD version of a given non-TypeMoon VN but does work with an older non-HD version of the same non-TypeMoon VN.
    Use KrkrExtract: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract/
    It works with almost any Kirikiri based VN

Use KrkrExtract: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract/
    It works with almost any Kirikiri based VN
    Well um crap, does it by chance not work on Win7 SP1?

I just get a window that says "drag and drop executable file here", and using either the VN's exe or the program's exe results in no change.

Well um crap, does it by chance not work on Win7 SP1?

I just get a window that says "drag and drop executable file here", and using either the VN's exe or the program's exe results in no change.
    Try KrkrExtract 1.0.3.1

Try KrkrExtract 1.0.3.1
    Yup, sure enough that works.

I might try going through older versions that are newer than 1.0.3.1 to see if any of them work or not.

BTW, I've got a VN that I'm having issues running on multiple systems and I may need a sanity check if the data itself isn't borked up in some way, so I may send you a PM or an email or something with details.

Thank you; I will take a look at it later.
    Have you found anything regarding that?

I tried doing a completely clean install, removing the folder in C:\Programs(x86)\... I also removed the original three routes, reinstalled the installer for the Ultimate Edition and for some reason the installer is still pointing at old directories. It can only update the patches and if I do that it only downloads them, but no "Fate.exe" gets generated.
    Last edited by Constrat; April 1st, 2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constrat View Post
    Have you found anything regarding that?

I tried doing a completely clean install, removing the folder in C:\Programs(x86)\... I also removed the original three routes, reinstalled the installer for the Ultimate Edition and for some reason the installer is still pointing at old directories. It can only update the patches and if I do that it only downloads them, but no "Fate.exe" gets generated.
    I haven't taken a look at it yet. I'm currently busy with other stuff.

If you want to do a reinstallation, you need to uninstall first. *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

Is the setting "4:3 message window in wide mode" supposed to have the message box look like it's running off the bottom of the screen?

Request: Complete Beginner's Guide on how to Fully Install Fate/Stay Night

I frustratingly wasted hours before I realized I needed to install the three routes before I should install the ultimate edition setup to merge the routes together, lol.
    In any case, for the sake of helping others ... Could someone please give us a clearer detailed up-to-date guide with links on exactly how and where to install Fate/Stay Night while avoiding errors.

If not, if there's nothing better, here's mine;
    ... I got the fate/unlimited-blade-works/heaven's-feel route's from nyaa torrents; https://nyaa.unblocker.cc/view/427133
    And somewhat followed the relevant instructions from; https://github.com/leycec/fsnrnue
    But, as a visual learner, I mostly followed Realta Nua's video guide (only at the point of installing the three routes); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21D7OYHNkY

After that, I only installed the ultimate edition setup (the 64-bit version and nothing else in my case) and seem to have finally installed the game properly.
    Last edited by waalex11; April 2nd, 2020 at 05:25 AM.

Use cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd.
    (hint: google)

The 64-bit worked for me but anyway.
    I seem to have successfully installed the game now. I don't plan on playing it just yet, plus I should go to sleep as it's 5am, haha.

I installed the three routes and only used the 64-bit ultimate edition setup to merge the routes, while activating all the patches from the setup.

Hopefully I don't come across any errors... based on the common errors, since I launched with no issues, I don't think I'll have a problem there, but I don't know about the white screen issue.
    What I'm curious about though is if (based on the youtube guide; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21D7OYHNkY) ... do I need to do the LAV Filters step or was that fixed? 'Searching the thread it seems it has.
    Last edited by waalex11; April 2nd, 2020 at 05:39 AM.

Yes, you do need LAV Filters if you want to use it.

I haven't taken a look at it yet. I'm currently busy with other stuff.

If you want to do a reinstallation, you need to uninstall first. *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file
    Finally made it work. "Just" had to uninstall for the 45th time (lmao). Anyway thank you for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by waalex11 View Post
    Hopefully I don't come across any errors...
    Unless you've done so already, applying the newest v1.0 beta patch can help that:
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567

For reference it's just an archive with a bunch of XP3 files, no fancy installation stuff. Just put the files in the same folder as "Fate.exe", overwrite any existing XP3 files (after you've backed them up of course), and go on your way.

If it exists, you might want to also backup/rename/delete the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder.

do I need to do the LAV Filters step or was that fixed? 'Searching the thread it seems it has.
    Yes, you do need LAV Filters if you want to use it.
    Umm, you specifically mean that you need to install LAVFilters if you want to use LAVFilters and any of the post-processing stuff it can do, right? Not "you need LAVFilters if you want to view the OP videos"?

Because in the past you needed LAVFilters just to play the OP videos at all, but wasn't that one of the whole benefits of "ultimate edition" - that the user doesn't need to actually install LAVFilters just to play the OP videos?

Just put the files in the same folder as "Fate.exe"
    Thanks! Does that mean only the fate route folder or all three route folders?

... And to be candid, I also didn't comprehend uyjulian's post.
    I took it as I don't need if I don't want it, for unknown reasons, so I didn't bother asking why I should want it.
    Last edited by waalex11; April 2nd, 2020 at 08:47 PM.

Use cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd.
    (hint: google)
    I have an easier method, but is possibly more difficult to decipher and a search engine likely won't help, also this is of the older v0.9.0, so it's even more important to update to the v1.0 beta:

/uc?id=1vu-1GURg2UclHMYpJVDGQjMVH_-5O5DH

The hint is "Google Drive URL"

Thanks! Does that mean only the fate route folder or all three route folders?

... And to be candid, I also didn't comprehend uyjulian's post.
    Oh uh...You're supposed to only end up with a single "ultimate edition" folder, not three.

Yes you needed the three individual route folders in order to install ultimate edition, but once it's actually installed you can delete the individual route folders.

(in this case you can think of the individual route folders as being three separate installation discs for ultimate edition, so once the content from the "discs" are copied over and installed, you don't need them anymore)

...unless you used uyjulian's "use google" hint with a code, in which case you shouldn't have even needed the three individual routes at all.

Maybe we should even confirm that the version you have installed is even ultimate edition in the first place and not the older "Realta Nua English insertion" version from this other thread:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745-Fate-Stay-Night-Realta-Nua-PC-version-Mirror-Moon-TL-insertion-project

The easiest way to tell is that, in the GUI menus at the top of the program window, ultimate edition has a "language" menu to switch between English and Japanese. Vanilla Realta Nua does not have this and is either only English or only Japanese.
    Last edited by NM64; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:10 PM.

Oh uh...You're supposed to only end up with a single "ultimate edition" folder, not three.
    Ah, the game folder that was created after the full installation was complete. 'Took me a minute to comprehend, haha. Thanks!

I was having the same Heavens Feel issue that has been mentioned a few times previously (error during Sakura alley scene) so I upgraded to the beta patch. I assumed save files wouldn't be compatible so I just started to manually skip through stuff to get back to my position. However, at the end of the prologue as Saber is about to attack Rin and it fades away, a white screen appears and won't go away. I can't progress after that point as the white screen won't go away no matter what. In game UI for exiting the game works though, just nothing else as far as I can tell.