Page 516 of 568 FirstFirst ... 16416466506511514515516517518521526566 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,320 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But FSN was released months before Kakyuusei 2. And I think the two aren't that much alike as Sakura isn't the main cover girl of FSN(Saber is).

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Huh. Would be interesting to know how HF was recieved at the time by japanese audiences, then.
    Goddamn great that F/SN still managed to succeed and not get caught up in the shitstorm. Or maybe the context differences Sakura and the Kakyuusei 2 girl have is what saved F/SN from being damned by those same audiences.
    That reminds me, we also have the later Kannagi incident. Where a girl (I think it was main girl and titular godess) was revealed to have a previous relationship and people went apeshit
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

i Dont think they are comparable , tought. Sakura is part of a tragic story and the only one she loves is the MC, while this other girl had other relationship willingly. I totally dont justify these weirdos, tought
    I still think she is daring on nasu part because she is a flawed and traumatized person instead of idealized , and even if she is not the cover girl, a bad reception could have affected the novel succes, we can say 15 years later that it was not the case

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    i Dont think they are comparable , tought. Sakura is part of a tragic story and the only one she loves is the MC, while this other girl had other relationship willingly. I totally dont justify these weirdos
    I highly doubt this matters in the eyes of those types of otakus who are completely obsessed with purity (which are also something that's inherently tied to the archetype that characters like Sakura belongs to). If she ain't a virgin, she's damaged goods. That's how it used to be at least.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Huh. Would be interesting to know how HF was recieved at the time by japanese audiences, then.
    Not that bad actually, despite the hyperbole of it looking back. She was 6th place in the popularity poll iirc at the time. Things changed over the years.
    Some shock, some memes that persist over years, but it's a very refuge in audacity type of thing. Honestly, if Nasu had not memed as much, and just gone with the flow, she would have been much better off imo.
    It's like how you have a protag get a lower than usual poll position(where protags are usually within top 3 or top 5) and the author overreacts and markedly treats them like a second string character. That is the best way I would see to describe it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Speaking of the CEO, didn't he stop writing VNs afterwards(at least under the name he used until then) despite that it wasn't him who wrote Kakyuusei 2?
    that would seem to be the case, but kakyuusei 2 was written my an obvious pseudonym ("morning musuko" lol) who has no other titles under that name, so who knows who actually wrote it. Maybe it was CEO dude himself, maybe it was the NTR guy who wrote all their following titles, maybe it was some random intern.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Goddamn great that F/SN still managed to succeed and not get caught up in the shitstorm. Or maybe the context differences Sakura and the Kakyuusei 2 girl have is what saved F/SN from being damned by those same audiences.
    That reminds me, we also have the later Kannagi incident. Where a girl (I think it was main girl and titular godess) was revealed to have a previous relationship and people went apeshit
    i can only speculate but i guess Saber satisfied the purity crowd, and probably the biggest factor being that people just had different expectations and mindset to the commercial debut of the guys behind the somewhat dark doujin masterpiece Tsukihime VS the guys who pioneered dating sims bringing their beloved 90s IP to 2000s.

and yeah kannagi manga revealed the main girl had an ex-bf. Never read it tho, just watched the anime. Good OP.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But Saber was literally married and had a son, how did that not freak out the purity crowd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, Guinevere I would have expected to see SOMETHING of her by now, but I think the last time I saw her get more than a passing sentence was when Saber talked about her in Hollow.

i can only speculate but i guess Saber satisfied the purity crowd, and probably the biggest factor being that people just had different expectations and mindset to the commercial debut of the guys behind the somewhat dark doujin masterpiece Tsukihime VS the guys who pioneered dating sims bringing their beloved 90s IP to 2000s.
    That is actually a good point, though Tsukihime for its darkness, had the main three as pretty much as virginal as you can get, so you could say it checked out too.
    Well, maybe the bit with SHIKI trying to mack Akiha would ruffle feathers, but he is pretty strongly rebuffed.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; April 6th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Speaking of which, Guinevere I would have expected to see SOMETHING of her by now, but I think the last time I saw her get more than a passing sentence was when Saber talked about her in Hollow.
    This is exactly why the purity nerds didn't freak out.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also if the girl fucked a girl that's hot, if it's a guy THEN you're a cuck.
    Ex: Shirou watching Rin and Saber before joining in. No otaku is freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    But Saber was literally married and had a son, how did that not freak out the purity crowd?
    maybe otakus are not that familiar with arthurian legends other than the name "Excalibur", also Saber's design makes her look innocent enough.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    she literally says 'I know how to please a man'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I know, but that's one line and people can easily not get the implications. Also about the sex scene, the two are awkward enough, it's almost like two virgins trying to figure out sex the first time. At least it seems like it without understanding context.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I may be remembering wrongly, but I think people have said the original line is more clear that she's talking about barracks conversation and the like, not that she has firsthand experience.

Regardless, the whole "purity" cult is extremely creepy and should die in a fire.

JP Friend Code
    This discussion reminded me that that one site actually exists(if you really want to know what site I'm talking about see the spoiler bellow) and out of curiosity I went to see what it said about Saber. As expected, it just said Saber is virgin so Japanese otaku mustn't haven't found problem with her. The commentary on the bottom of FSN page was funny though. It said HF was the worst route and listed some complaints, among them one was "Too much Kokaku". Also, it seemed to have be written shortly after release as whoever wrote it was expecting for a "Full version" containing Saber's good ending and Illya's route to be released(sadly only half of this came true).
    Spoiler:
    The site I'm talking about is VirginDB, a Japanese site dedicated to be a database of the virginity status of heroines from eroges.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lmao, there really is a site for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Good god, that's sad enough it might as well be proto-incels.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Maybe people not familiar with Arthurian lore just took Gil at his word when he called Saber a virgin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    This discussion reminded me that that one site actually exists(if you really want to know what site I'm talking about see the spoiler bellow) and out of curiosity I went to see what it said about Saber. As expected, it just said Saber is virgin so Japanese otaku mustn't haven't found problem with her. The commentary on the bottom of FSN page was funny though. It said HF was the worst route and listed some complaints, among them one was "Too much Kokaku". Also, it seemed to have be written shortly after release as whoever wrote it was expecting for a "Full version" containing Saber's good ending and Illya's route to be released(sadly only half of this came true).
    Spoiler:
    The site I'm talking about is VirginDB, a Japanese site dedicated to be a database of the virginity status of heroines from eroges.
    Too much Kokaku? What does Kokaku mean? All I get in google is some japanese emperor. How is he related to HF?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    It's a reference to Kohaku from Tsukihime. Probably referring how her backstory is kinda similar to Sakura's.

fwiw after actually looking at the site it strikes me as less about documenting the virgin rate of a given entry for the sake of preservation and hate, and more like it's just for some deflowering/virgin fetish thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.