Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here is zikari8's sheet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Here is zikari8's sheet
    Thank you Padoru but i wanted to make one Kashin Koji sheet myself but even with Google have i dont found anything About him direct due to that am i asking as he could be an servant in one of my Lostbelts.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; April 28th, 2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could contact zikari to ask them personally for any sources. The only thing in English I have found that talks about him is this as a link in a Reddit thread for the videogame Nioh. As a last resort, you could try translating his Japanese Wikipedia entry, which talks about some of his antics.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; April 28th, 2020 at 09:13 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    You could contact zikari to ask them personally for any sources. The only thing in English I have found that talks about him is this as a link in a Reddit thread for the videogame Nioh. As a last resort, you could try translating his Japanese Wikipedia entry, which talks about some of his antics.
    thank you Padoru is it not much but after trying to translate his japanese Wikipedia entry and the info of the reddit part have i atleast one Impression of him ,and i get somewhat Merlin like vibe from Kashin as it seems that he was like Merlin more as it seems .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, why isn't there an Archer version of Tchaikovsky with a cannon orchestra? After all, the 1812 Overture is his best known piece...
    It might also break some of the usual monotony of artistic Casters.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Would the Native American Peace Maker Hiawatha be a Saver as a Heroic Spirit? Also, has anyone done a Hiawatha Servant Sheet?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably not. Savers are usually saviours of religious origin (with Buddha being the only canon vantage point we have on this - and IIRC Kiara as well).
    And on the first page, there are links to the prior threads. Create-a-Servant 2 has the most complete list of sheets done, so you can look from there yourself.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "What a beautiful story, Master. Hmm, who wrote it? Why, none other than my own self of course!"

Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Girolamo Cardano 'The Mad Mathematician'

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler

Strength- C
    Agility- D
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C+
    Luck- ~
    NP- B

Personality
    A cheerful moodmaker whose slightly, just slightly narcissistic. He's a natural optimist who- having braved countless tragedies and hardships in life- can find the bright side in nearly any situation. Berserker has a sharp tongue and doesn't hesitate to direct cutting words at even his closest friends. While he can seem to find joy in teasing and insulting others, in reality this is just an expression of Berserker's devotion to absolute honesty. He will never bite his tongue and will always say what he thinks in any situation. If he praises someone it'll come from the bottom of his heart, if he finds them contemptible he'll certainly let them know it.

This trait also extends to himself, as Berserker will cheerfully admit his own faults when asked. Greatest amongst them is his rampant and inveterate gambling addiction. Berserker is completely poor in all manners of handling money. If given a large sum of money he'll almost certainly lose it or blow it on something frivolous. Berserker insists he doesn't actually enjoy gambling, but feels driven to do it nevertheless, a persistent bad habit he couldn't erase in life to the point of being engrained on his saint graph.

While generally of cheerful temperament, Berserker can sometimes fall into bouts of great sorrow and depression when he thinks back to the tragic events of his past. In these moments he'll begin wailing melodramatically and bemoaning his misfortunes to anyone who'll listen. He's prone to extravagent and exaggerated displays of emotion, smiling happily one moment and sobbing the next. But in general he prefers trying to keep a positive attitude.

As mentioned, Berserker is somewhat of a narcissist who finds the greatest pleasure in admiring his own works. When given the free time he can often be found pouring over his old books and highlighting especially good passages. Similarly, upon summoning Berserker will demand his Master read at least some of his works to get a better idea of who he is as a person. He'd act childishly offended if his Master didn't recognize any of his books.

Despite his many (possibly innumerable) faults Berserker is a fundamentally kind and compassionate person. He cares deeply for others, and values his friends highly, even if he insults them. Berserker will never betray a friend whose loyal to him, though he can often hold deep grudges against those he feels have wronged him.

Unlike other Servants like Vlad III, Berserker doesn't hold any qualms over how his legend was twisted by history, or how he got called mad after death. For Berserker, he's merely grateful to be remembered by history at all, regardless of what sort of person he's viewed as. Conversely, the thought of being truly forgotten terrifies him more than anything.

Incidentally, Berserker is pleased to be summoned in a more handsome form than he had previously, having been burdened by a stutter, ill gait and various other maladies in his original life. "Ah, unexpectedly I'm shining even more dazzlingly than before. As befitting of my magnificent self, haha!" is how he puts it. Berserker himself attributes these changes to being summoned with the years he spent alongside his beloved wife Lucia as reference point, which he considered "the most shining days of his life" where everything was going well for him.

He shamelessly abuses his newfound pretty-boy looks, often flirting with girls to get them to lend him money when he loses it gambling. Berserker also enjoys saying cheesy lines like out of romance novels, and acting out other mannerisms associated with stereotypical 'pretty-boys'. "Master, what is this 'bishie sparkle?'"

Berserker has no particular wish on the Holy Grail. While he carried numerous regrets in life, from the execution of his son to the early death of his wife Lucia, Berserker ultimately regards all those tragedies as the will of God and that it'd be a sin to try and change them. Instead of grieving the past, the only thing you can do is keep moving forward while accepting everything. That's his mindset.

His greatest wish- simply to be remembered by history- was already been granted upon ascending to a Heroic Spirit and being engraved in humanity's collective consciousness. So instead of a wish Berserker accepts summoning merely for a chance to explore the modern world. As a man whose gaze was always held towards the future Berserker feels a great curiosity for the present era. He's especially eager to see the advancements that have been made in widespread writing and literacy since his time.

Berserker is fascinated by cellphones, which he sees as marvelous devices that can record information from the distant past and spread it instantly with the touch of a button. He believes humanity isn't too far off from creating a universal archive that can record all events of the distant past and ensure not a single precious thing is ever forgotten.

Relationships/Reactions:

Da Vinci: "Ah, my dear friend, I'm so happy to see you again! Wait, why do you look so different? Hoh, you willfully remodeled your own appearance to match the ideal of beauty you longed for in life. And people say I'm narcissistic... Huh, what do you mean 'why do I look so handsome'?!" As close friends and peers in the Italian Renaissance, Berserker is overjoyed to meet the legendary inventor in a Grail War. However, he's somewhat disconcerted by Da Vinci's newfound female appearance...

Sanson: "You invented a device that beheads people as efficiently as possible? Ah, I see. What a marvelous invention. In ending sinners' lives without pain, you truly are carrying out God's work of mercy. Still... no, it's nothing! I just got a bit lost in my thoughts, is all... ​Giovanni..."

Arturia: "You're blessed with good luck in all kinds of gambling? That's noooo faaaaa~aaaiiir! Why couldn't I have that ability instead? The fates of this world are truly way too cruel!" After finding out about the King of Knights' hidden talent, he can't help but pout like a little kid every time he sees her.

Gilgamesh: "You carry yourself too haughtily, King of Heroes. Even the greatest king or hero needs someone they trust by their side to remind them they're still human and reproach them when they stray from the right path. Of course, I'd be honored to be that person for you, your highness. ...Gah, point those swords away from me!"

Andersen: "I admire your sharp tongue and respect for the truth. But your disposition is much too gloomy. You should be more easygoing and enjoy life more, you know? Even if your life is full of cruel and painful things, you'll surely find happiness if you just keep on struggling to the very end. ...At least, that's what I believe."

Nightingale: "Your drive to heal others... your stubborn demeanour that won't brook disagreements from anyone... I can see the two of us are very alike in many ways. Would you mind if I studied some of the healing arts from you, miss Nightingale?"

Goetia: "You seek to create a utopia by incinerating mankind's past? No, that's wrong. You've got it entirely backwards, demon king. To remember the past and move forward from it, using its example to guide your own actions and etching them into history as an example for others to follow... that itself is the meaning of 'being alive'. Nothing gained from denying the past can ever be called happiness." For one who valued posterity almost above all, the demon-king who devoted himself to razing human history can truly be called his natural enemy.

Likes: studying, his own works, loyal friends, pursuing the honest truth, gambling, his children
    Dislikes: gambling, financial matters, scheming conspiracies, hypocrisy, being forgotten, people who can't take criticism
    Talents: everything necessary for a renaissance man, talking about himself
    Natural Enemy: too many to list

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- E+
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for sacrificing sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. Berserker had a notoriously impulsive temper and was sometimes diagnosed as mad by writers after his death. Normally this Skill doesn't rob away any of Berserker's sanity, but merely makes him somewhat more brash and impulsive than his usual self.

However when reminded of certain tragedies from his past, like the execution of his favored son Giovanni, Berserker may suddenly erupt into a sorrowful rage. In that case he'll begin furiously attacking his opponents, or even beating his own body, while wailing in rage and sorrow. During these moments his physical stats are ranked up.

Personal Skills:

Revolving Star Of Fortune- C
    A Skill that signifies one's disposition to attract various misfortunes. At the same time, it expresses a strong will that overcame many tribulations in life.

This Skill renders Berserker's Luck parameter highly unstable. Whenever he's enjoying good fortune his Luck will drop sharply, drawing various disasters to him. But whenever he's cursed by ill fortune Berserker's Luck will boost greatly, letting him usually find a way out of whatever peril he's ensnared in. A double-edged sword of a Personal Skill, that ensures the bearer's life will always be accompanied by the peaks of tragedy and triumph.

Berserker suffered many disasters in life, from nearly drowning in a bathtub full of wine when he was but a babe to losing all his money gambling and being kicked out on the street to having his beloved son tried for murder and beheaded. Despite this, he retained a strong will and found optimism in life despite his innumerable misfortunes. He was accepted in many prestigious institutions, wrote books that are studied to this day, and made lasting friends. Berserker lived to 74 years old before dying happily, having obtained equanimity to his life and achievements. His life can truly be called a revolving-door of good and bad fortune...

Expert Of Many Specializations- C+
    Grants access to and use of many expert-level skills. As one of the fathers of the Italian Renaissance, Berserker can access a wide range of Skills deriving from the fields he studied in life. Includes Numerology, Astronomy, Astrology, rhetoric, probability theory, mechanics, prowess with the sword and lance, medical techniques, horseriding and others at C~B ranked proficiency.

Infatuation With One's Own Works- A
    An alteration of the Eye For Art Skill, that specifically denotes Berserker's fascination with his own scholarly works. Berserker often enjoyed rereading his many, many books, finding himself always surprised by the wit and brilliance contained therein. To the point he even retold the myth of Narcissus as about a scholar's pleasure in contemplating his own works.

By reciting passages from his books in his head, Berserker obtains a strong protection against mental influencing thaumaturgy. Immersed in the contemplation of his own erudition Berserker can completely tune out the outside world, mental attacks washing off him like oil from water. An egoistic absolution of the mind that isn't born from divine protection or even an overwhelmingly strong will, but simply Berserker's overwhelming self-obsession.

High-Speed Incantation- D
    The capacity to recite spells at an accelerated pace. In Berserker's case, rather than a talent for traditional spellcasting it reflects the vast amount of scholarly works he wrote and published over the course of his life, to the point where he had to make compendiums just to keep track of them all. Would be ranked higher if he were summoned as Caster.

Noble Phantasms
    Custos Spiritus
    Guardian Spirit

Type: Support

Berserker believed himself to be attended by a guardian spirit. An angel sent by God to follow and watch over him, occasionally nudging him towards the best course of action. In truth this spirit was a familiar inherited from Berserker's father, the scholar and mage Fazio Cardano. When Berserker was born his father bounded the familiar to the boy's Magic Crest, ensuring it would follow him to the rest of his life.

The familiar can shift its appearance and abilities to reflect the user's beliefs. For Fazio, an occultist who scorned God's protection to seek the power of eldritch planes, it appeared as a demon. For Berserker's strong Christian faith, it has taken the form of an angelic feminine figure. Of heavenly beauty and clad in ethereal golden armor, with four magnificent white feathery wings emerging from its upper back.

When not directly called upon, the spirit hovers by Berserker's side in an intangible state, sometimes whispering in his ear and lending him advice that pertains to the situation at hand. Functionally this aspect of his Noble Phantasm grants Berserker C-ranked Revelation, albeit with the condition it comes only when the angel sees fit to give it rather than his own will. Moreover, the spirit can partially manifest for just an instant to deflect projectiles aimed at Berserker, making it seem like they went astray by chance. (Incidentally, in Berserker's life there were many times when he nearly got killed by falling objects that miraculously avoided him. Was it coincidence or intervention by the guardian spirit that stood by Berserker's side? Who can say...?)

By invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name, Berserker can summon the spirit directly. In this case the spirit serves as a secondary Servant with stats Strength- B, Agility- A, Endurance- C, Mana- A and Luck- N/A. It also has the Skills Clairvoyance- EX and Mana Burst (Light)- B. The angel will obey Berserker's orders and fight for him, acting somewhat like the "guardian spirits" from a certain famous manga series in the present day. It will dispel if hit by a sufficiently strong attack, of if Berserker runs out of Mana to sustain it, requiring him to wait a full day before being able to call upon it again.

The spirit itself has no true name, at least not one that Berserker knows. He chooses to call her "Lucia" after his dearest wife from life.

De Vita Propria Liber
    Book Of My Life

Type: Support

Berserker's most famous work, the book in which he sought to record the details of his whole life for posterity. In a courtly era where people's every deeds were scrutinized, the greatest safety lay in absolute secrecy. Yet in the midst of that, Berserker shocked and scandalized readers with detailed and unvarnished accounts of his life. From his numerous vices to his sexual impotency to his fierce quarrels with other scholars and public figures.

That very book has been sublimated into Berserker's Noble Phantasm. It's the crystallized record of his entire life, the culmination of the existence called "Girolamo Cardano". As such, as long as the book exists it is impossible for Berserker to be killed. It serves as an externalized spiritual core for Berserker, letting him slowly regenerate from any injuries while it remains intact. The book itself is "the proof of Girolamo Cardano's life" so as long as it survives he must as well, on pain of paradox. This is similar to the principle by which a certain Mesopotamian primordial goddess couldn't be killed as long as any life existed on earth.

If they wish to truly defeat Berserker, his opponents must find and destroy the book first. However, just being able to survive isn't worth much on its own. Berserker still requires a supply of Mana to heal from his wounds, and can theoretically be reduced to a state where it'd take hours or days for him to regenerate from. Nevertheless for a Master gifted with an abundance of magical energy this is a very powerful Noble Phantasm that allows Berserker to keep fighting indefinitely.

This Noble Phantasm also holds an additional effect. As the book is the crystallized archive of Berserker's life, altering its contents allows him to effectively rewrite his own legend. Thus Berserker can give himself Skills and abilities he never possessed in life, like monstrous strength or Divine Words-level Magecraft. However because of his strong devotion to honesty Berserker will absolutely refuse to use this aspect of his Noble Phantasm. Only a Command Seal could compel him to utilize it, and he'd be outraged at his Master afterwards. Furthermore, drawing on this ability will gradually weaken Berserker's legend, eventually collapsing his saint graph if he overuses it.

So here's a brand new sheet from me. I've been reading this guy's autobiography lately, so I felt inspired to write him up as a Servant. Pretty satisfied with how he came out overall, especially how I fleshed out his personality. Guy was a really colorful character to be sure, and I couldn't do justice to even half his wild anecdotes in the sheet. As usual, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 24th, 2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Resolved contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechman View Post
    Would the Native American Peace Maker Hiawatha be a Saver as a Heroic Spirit? Also, has anyone done a Hiawatha Servant Sheet?
    I made him as an Archer.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I made him as an Archer.
    That's a pretty cool Archer. We could use more Native heroes as Servants. Also his first NP is a neat way of making a semi-pacifist Servant useful. That'd be really broken in a faction-based Grail War like Apocrypha.

Out of curiosity, any thoughts on my Girolamo?

Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance
    :

Source

True Name: Diogenes "The Dog-Philosopher"

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler

Strength- C
    Agility- C
    Endurance- B+
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- C

Personality
    Eccentric and reclusive. She dislikes society and its etiquettes, believing them to be merely "lies" that blind people to their true nature.

To her humans are simply a particularly intelligent animal and should live as such. Satisfying their base desires like eating and drinking, living freely without regard for the 'morrow, that is how to live properly as a human in Berserker's eyes. But society clouds people's minds with ideas of greed and social status, keeping them from realizing this simple truth.

Berserker is a quite unabashed person, who has no qualms sleeping, bathing or even masturbating in public. She's also very touchy-feely and has no shame showing affection to those she likes by openly hugging or nuzzling them. In many ways, Berserker acts just like the dogs she idolized so much.

Berserker's wish on the Holy Grail is to spread her Noble Phantasm's revelation of "truth" to all humanity, forcing them to perceive their true selves. This would surely result in mass chaos and mental breakdowns for much of the human race, but Berserker doesn't care about that. She just wants to set people free from the "shared dream" called society, and doesn't care what she has to do to achieve that. Ultimately, Berserker can't comprehend that her "truth" is far too severe for most humans to be able to accept, much less forced in such an abrupt way. Put that way, perhaps Diogenes' qualification as a Berserker is more than just a falsity...

Dislikes: hypocrisy, manners, wealth
    Talent: calling out absurdity
    Natural Enemy: Plato, Iskandar, Gilgamesh

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (False)- B
    A Skill characterizing the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. At this rank, all Berserker's parameters are ranked up, but most of her reason is lost. At least, so it seems.

Berserker was often called "mad" for her bizarre behavior that flaunted social norms. However in reality it wasn't madness but a carefully crafted act to expose the arbitrariness of society's laws. As such she possesses a False version of this Skill, that doesn't truly drive her mad but merely makes her seem that way.

All her parameters appear one rank higher than their true values, and this Skill presents itself on Berserker's stat sheet as ordinary Mad Enhancement at the same rank.

Personal Skills:

Innocent Monster- C
    A Skill for those whose true history and existence have been distorted by false reputation and gossip accumulated over the course of their life and thereafter, without regard for the actual person's will or appearance. As consequence the Servant's abilities and appearance have been altered to conform to the specifications of their legend.

Berserker greatly loved dogs, admiring their simplicity, trueness to their own desires and lack of regard for societal mores. Indeed, she believed that humans had much to learn from their canine companions. Berserker was often ridiculed as the "dog-philosopher" for her vulgar actions like dining on scraps in the marketplace. She didn't mind these comparisons, but actually embraced them, feeling grateful to be likened to her beloved animals.

These comparisons- and Berserker's own adoration for the species- have culminated in her being ascribed literal canine traits upon manifesting as a Servant. She has a pair of fluffy dog ears sticking up from the sides of her head (in addition to her regular human ones), a large bushy tail sprouting from the small of her back and her teeth are sharpened into pronounced canines.

Berserker's sense of smell is especially heightened from this tranformation, letting her track targets from a great distance away just by their scent.

Cosmopolitan- EX
    Berserker was the first in history to proclaim herself a "
    Cosmopolites
    citizen of the world
    ", one who swears allegiance to the World itself rather than any one city or nation. In an age of Greece when loyalty to one's city-state was esteemed nearly above all, this branded her as an outcast.

Having rejected ties to her own birthplace, Berserker can freely sever them from others. This Skill allows her to nullify any bonuses a Servant would obtain from being summoned in their native territory or cultural sphere.

For Servants revered mainly in their own homeland like Vlad III this can deal a truly crippling blow, weakening their parameters and even sealing certain Skills or Noble Phantasms due to a lack of fame to support their manifestation. Conversely, "heroes of the world" like Heracles and Achilles whose tales are sung all over the world will be relatively unaffected by this Skill.

Discernment Of The Poor- B
    An insight to see through the opponent's true character and attribute. Berserker's ascetic way of living and separation from society allow her to see the truth of things that most people would rather keep hidden. This Skill allows Berserker to accurately glean the true nature of those around her, seeing past their facades and hypocrisies to grasp the target's "real self".

Noble Phantasms
    Fanos Parrhesia
    Lantern That Sheds Light On All Deception

Type: Anti-Deception

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing one of the most famous and eccentric legends surrounding Berserker. Supposedly she could wander around Greece waving a lantern in broad daylight. When asked what she was doing Berserker would answer she was "looking for an honest man". Berserker was searching for a true human being but found only frauds and hypocrites corrupted by society.

That lantern has become Berserker's Noble Phantasm. A humble bronze lantern she carries with her, it embodies the concept of "revealing the truth". The light cast by the lantern dispels any form of illusion or disguise Magecraft. Furthermore, if the lantern is shone directly in someone's face, they become incapable of telling lies. However that isn't this Noble Phantasm's true power.

When its true name is invoked, the lantern begins to glow blindingly before releasing a shockwave of golden light around Berserker. All those bathed by the light then have the concept of "revealing one's true nature" seared into them. It amounts to a mental attack that forcibly burns away all rationalizations and hypocrisies from the target's mind, forcing them to see themselves as they really are.

For many individuals this would be a crippling mental attack, the strain of finally perceiving their true self driving them to madness or even death. Others would actually find it a beneficial experience, grateful for the chance to become their "best selves". As it's psychic in nature, this Noble Phantasm can be blocked out by other abilities that resist mental attacks at rank C or higher.

Pithos Askesis
    Jar Of Seclusion

Type: Barrier

Scorning material possessions, Berserker wished to show that humans needed only the simplest of dwellings to be happy. She proved this point by living and sleeping in a
    pithos
    clay jar
    she brought with her wherever she travelled. The jar manifests as Berserker's secondary Noble Phantasm. It encapsulates her devotion to an ascetic lifestyle and rejection of a world around her that she saw as corrupt and artificial.

The jar itself is just big enough for Berserker to comfortably fit inside and while within it, she's completely cut off from the outside World. Heat or cold won't affect her, so even if the jar is surrounded by roaring flames or chilling winds she won't feel anything. Even Gaea's corrective pressure can't reach Berserker from inside the jar. This basically gives her the equivalent of Independent Action at rank EX as long as she remains in the jar. However this isn't very useful since she'll obviously have to leave to fight other Servants. Additionally, Berserker can't be sensed by presence-detecting Skills or Noble Phantasms while she's within the jar.

So here's another philosophical Berserker from me. I've had this one lying around my WIP folder for a few weeks now and just felt inspired to write it up. Commentary on her and Girolamo would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Happy~ Sunshine~ Love~
    Ahaha, look at you shivering in disgust, how cute…
    Come on, don’t hide your true feelings! Let your emotions flow!
    Open~ Your~ Heart~

Yep! I’m an Avenger class Servant proper, you have any questions?
    Hehe~ were you expecting someone more sinister-looking, perhaps?
    Could it be that I am too sweet and cute to be a spirit of vengeance?
    You’ll see! My burning vengeance for you for underestimating me will shake the world!
    Kidding~

Come on, don’t be so down! Are you giving up just like that? Lame! Pathetic! Trash!
    Ah, sorry~ I though you’re the type to be fired up when insulted, hehe~
    Then, allow me give you some proper encouragement, get ready!
    Master, do not give up hope!

Ah… How unfortunate…
    I-I’m really sorry… This is really what I am—a bringer of evil.
    This is what I am created for, to spread suffering and chaos upon your kind.
    I had no choice in this matter, I-I did not wish for this…
    You’re free to hate me for this, but I certainly won’t ever hate you.
    That’s why—

Just you know, I could leave you at any time you know, I don’t really need a Master.
    Uh, the reason I, uh, stay with you is because it’s convenient, t-that’s all!
    E-eh, it’s not that I—ahem…
    What I want to say is… Master, I had chosen to be with you.
    It’s purely my selfish desire that I remain by your side. So please—

Class: Avenger
    True Name: Pandora
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Greek Mythology
    Region: Greece
    Attribute: Earth

Pandora is an Avenger which is both born and speaks of love as well as hatred equally.

At the beginning of humanity’s creation, it is said, mankind lacks both “wisdom” and “desire”, and they lived in a blissful ignorant contentment, it was a Golden Age. Although they are immortal, they desire nothing nor do they learn anything, living for nothing but to serve their gods.
    Pitying their state of existence, a titan named Prometheus stole the Heavenly Fire and gave them to mankind, thus mankind acquired “wisdom”. Afterwards, the gods sent mankind a gift in the form of a pythos containing “desire”, carried by the first woman, All the World’s Gifts, Pandora.

Although she was warned not to open it, being the first human afflicted with the disease of “desire”, Pandora developed the first primal form of “desiring”, she became curious. Her curiosity, desire in the crudest sense, led her to open the forbidden pythos, thus releasing “desire” into the whole world. This “desire” manifests itself through various symptoms in human; anger, sorrow, joy, love, and various other forms. And from those, it evolves into what human call “evil”.

Thus All the World’s Gifts brought All the World’s Desires which in turn incites All the World’s Evils.

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: A++
    LCK: C
    NP: EX

Class Skills:
    Avenger: EX
    Any emotion inherently has evil potentials; Pandora, who once caused “evil” to infest the world, was condemned by humanity as the “harbinger of evil” comparable to entities such as Angra Mainyu. As an Avenger class Servant, Pandora is capable of converting any and all human psyche directed towards her into power. When those emotions, feelings and desires are put back into Pandora’s Box, it is processed into magical energy and can be released back out as mental interference-type attacks which paralyze the target’s psyche.

Oblivion Correction: A
    The existence of happiness, anger, sorrow, humor, and the fundamental human emotions is proof of what Pandora had once blessed and cursed this world with. It is what defines the “humanity” in humankind, the origin of human desires, and also the root of their virtues and vices. In other words, as long as human retains this “humanity”, Pandora will never forget her role in this world.

Personal Skills:
    Divine Endowment: A+
    Upon her creation, the Olympian gods gave a little piece of their self as a gift, and thus the clay doll was named Pandora, the All Gifted, and was animated to life. Her form fashioned from the flesh of Gaia. Her beauty sculpted to utmost perfection by—the god who lacks it most—Hephaestus, her crafty hands taught by Athena, her lovely affection and longing by Aphrodite, her wifely conduct from Hera, her temperamental wrath from Zeus, and so on. The result is a woman who would embody the most common archetype of femininity itself, the most womanly woman, who would later be known to the Greeks as the “first woman”. This skill allows her to demonstrate abilities that could be said to be “a woman’s specialty” in any custom and cultures.

Independent Action: EX
    Driven by self-centered individualistic desire, Pandora only wishes to live by her impulses, disregarding orders and expectations, in order to walk the path her heart most desires. Acquiring magical energy solely from her Avenger class-skills and anchored into the world directly by Pandora’s Box itself, Pandora has no need for a Master and can stay materialize in the world indefinitely.

Light of Hope: A-
    Hope, the only daemon which is left inside the pythos Pandora once opened, it thus is the only one that remains apparently “good” and uncorrupted by All the World’s Evils. It is the hope that shows light in dark times, the hope that sustains the will to live, the hope that wishes for happiness to the world—such is this hope. When one hopes for something, that thing becomes more likely to happen, but only if one acts in accordance to that hope. Even if that thing seemed outside one’s reach, this hope transcends time and space. This hope grants Pandora the ability akin to future precognition, a shining beacon that guides one’s action towards “the most desired future”.

As Pandora’s Box continues to be opened, this light slowly fades, which degrades the rank of this skill down. When hope is extinguished entirely then surely only despair follows. However, trials and hardship merely fuels hope, even if the overwhelming tide of raw desire pouring forth Pandora’s Box threaten to stifle hope, as long one is facing a danger so great that one’s desire is focused solely to overcome it, then this shining hope shall ever persist. In other words, a sufficient target to direct one’s desire as “hope” is needed so that it won’t be dissolved into the ocean of chaotic raw desire.

Noble Phantasms:
    Pandemonium
    Unshackle Desires, Then All Rules Shall Be Broken
    Type: Anti-Thaumaturgy
    The sole purpose the gods made Pandora for—a key to open the pythos which is the source of all desire. This Noble Phantasm is Pandora’s own Saint Graph functioning as a key, which “unlocks people’s hearts” so to speak.

Often times, men are creatures that bind themselves, often unconsciously, with their own tangled and complicated rules, laws, oaths, duties and morality, therefore locking their true desires in a forbidden box. This Noble Phantasm allows Pandora to unshackle the constraining chains which humans constructed for themselves to repress their feelings and emotions, and limit their actions, a key which unlocks the carnal desire deep inside men’s hearts, as well as unbinding any chains which prevents the body to act according to their carnal desire. In essence, it is an “anti-repression” ability that negates all kinds of abilities, magecrafts, skills and noble phantasms that utilizes “order, rules and contracts”, the ultimate rejection of the super ego.

Inversely, this key, like most keys, is designed so that it can lock what it has unlocked, to close what it has opened. In emergency, to avoid the worst possibilities, she can choose to contain the excessive impulses she had gathered back into the pythos where it came from.

Pandora’s Box
    All the World’s Gifts
    Type: Anti-Wisdom
    Pandora’s Box, a gift sent by the gods to humanity, it is none other than “the source of desire”, the force which manipulates the hearts of man, which is sometimes called the root of all suffering, but it is also undoubtedly also the origin of all happiness.

It is a Noble Phantasm that is comparable and can be considered as a type of a Holy Grail. Originally an earthen pythos made of the same material that Pandora is also created of, this Noble Phantasm is independent of Pandora herself, and normally she cannot use it unless, for example, it was used as her summoning catalyst. After acquiring this Noble Phantasm, Pandora can customize the form and size of this Noble Phantasm however she likes, as long it is a “container”.

When used by Pandora, the mud doll crafted by the gods, it becomes a Noble Phantasm which is capable of “generating infinite amount of desires”, as opposed to fulfilling them. It is the ultimate pandering ability capable of manipulating a sentient being’s psyche, granting her complete and total “domination of the self” be it her own or others, the “self” here defined as collections of desires and reflections. In addition, the mass of raw human psyche she accumulated through the Avenger class skill is converted into magical energy, and can be transformed into various mental interference-type attacks that pulverize both the target’s body and psyche.

Although in theory this Noble Phantasm can generate infinite amount of “desire”, prolonged excessive use might awaken the daemon slumbering inside it, the reactor core which generates all the “desires”, akin to a machine overheating. If past a certain threshold and all seven souls of heroic spirits conditions have been met, the true purpose of this Noble Phantasm will be activated. Elpis, the daemon of Hope, the last entity still imprisoned inside the pythos, will be finally released upon the world, and when it does, true pandemonium shall ensue.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Girolamo: I like this one. The skills are rather clever, especially the faux-Eye for Art (though its effects seem closer to Mental Pollution). Only High-Speed Incantation seems a little out of place, and even that probably has some justification I'm just no aware of. As for the NPs, I'm not a huge fan of the first one (mostly because the format just looks like adding another Servant on top of another - then again, Oryou....), but the second one is curious. Since it seems to be a physical representation of Girolamo's Saint Graph (and thus editable), will tampering with it affect possible other summonings of him? And if it does work like that, does harming it also work in the same way?

Diogenes: Of this one I'm not such a fan. Not least because the FC looks more like a cat than a dog (and that confusion is Tamamo Cat's shtick). Although I suppose there are some grounds for that sort of thing, given how much Diogenes stood apart from 'humanity' with his actions. NPs are fine, though if memory serves, the second NP's basis is usually recorded as being a barrel.

Blog Entries
    Pandora: Nailed it mate
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why doesn't Diogenes have a NP in which she throws you a plucked chicken?

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What are you talking about, that's clearly a man!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Face Claim
    Credits to Dheeraj Verma, from his Graphic Novel The One

ARCHER
    True Name: Abhimanyu
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Heaven
    Height: 171cm
    Weight: 65kg
    Place of Origin: India
    Armament: His bow Raudra, Arrows
    Likes: A normal life, Having fun with those he cares about and love
    Dislikes: War, Those who seek to harm his Master and loved ones
    Talents: Archery, Warfare, Ruling
    Natural Enemy: Kauravas, Karna
    Eligible Servant Classes: Saber, Archer, Rider

PARAMETERS

STR: A+
    END: B+
    AGI: B+
    MGI: B
    LCK: C-
    NP: A+

CLASS SKILLS
    Spoiler:

Independent Action: A

At this rank, the Servant can take action without needing a Master around and can survive for a week without them. However, to use Noble Phantasms or attacks that require the consumption of an enormous among of magical energy, a Master’s backup is needed.

Magic Resistance: C+

At this rank, spells with a chant of two verses and below are nullified. Large scale magecraft such as Great Magecrafts and Greater Rituals cannot be defended against. However, due to his Noble Phantasm “Abhimanyu Chakradhara: Heroic Last Stand” this Skill can be increased for the duration of its activation.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Spoiler:

Divinity: B-

A Skill that denotes whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one could be considered as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Servant’s own level as a ‘Monster’ or ‘Demonic Beast’ increases. It can break through Skills such as ‘Protection of the Faith’ and ‘Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig’ and provides a reduction on “purge defenses” in proportion to the rank of this Skill.

As the grandson of the Thunder God Indra through Arjuna, and the reincarnation of the son of the Moon God Chandra, Abhimanyu has achieved this particular rank in this Skill. However, due to his Skill ‘Krishna Shishya’ this rank can be reduced, though it is dependent on certain requirements.

Battle Continuation: A

A Skill that denotes one’s persistence in battle beyond their natural means. No matter what happens, they continue to fight until they receive a decisive fatal wound.

Abhimanyu’s anecdote of fighting the Kaurava army alone until the bitter end led to the existence of this Skill.

Affection of the Pandavas: B

The beloved scion of the Pandavas, praised above all others. Only Abhimanyu was held in such regard by his family, who gave him various gifts and taught him everything he knows, from warfare to the arts, and would not let him suffer any harm.

Other than MGI and LCK, all Parameters receive a Rank-up, and grants Abhimanyu a pass for all sorts of checks certain Noble Phantasms and Skills might impose on him. This pass has a limit of 3 uses per week, and so must be carefully conserved to have the maximum impact in a Holy Grail War.

Krishna Shishya: A

As he grew up, Abhimanyu received lessons from his maternal uncle Krishna in all subjects that a young prince should know, from the art of war to the art of governing. Despite the difficulty, he swore to himself to never give up in his lessons, no matter the cost on his body and mind. With his lessons, the young prince gained acclaim for his great qualities and excellent qualifications in all matters.

A Skill akin to ‘Divine Gift of Wisdom’, it lets him display almost all Skills of various Indian heroes at a high proficiency (A~B Rank). Skills of heroes from other eras can only be displayed at a lower proficiency (C Rank). Skills that are unique to certain heroes cannot be replicated. However, his LCK is reduced by one Rank, and his Divinity will be reduced by one Rank each time he uses this Skill to display unique Skills.

NOBLE PHANTASMS
    Spoiler:

रौद्र
    Raudra: Rage of the Storm God

CLASS: Anti-Unit

RANGE: 1~50

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TARGETS: 1 person

The main armament of Abhimanyu, this bow is a Divine Construct of Shiva, from his Avatar/form as Rudra, the God of Storm and Rage. Given to Abhimanyu by his uncle Krishna, it is a mighty bow that very few can wield without going berserk, as it embodies Shiva’s rage as Rudra. As the wielder of this bow (Raudradhari), Abhimanyu is free from its harmful influence and can use it to its maximum capabilities. When its True Name is invoked, the arrows fired are changes into missiles coiled with thunder and explode with the force of a thunder strike when they hit their marks. Due to his gifts in Archery and the addition of other Skills with ‘Krishna Shishya’, such arrows can become almost equal to homing missiles.

चक्रव्यूह श्नथितृ
    Chakravyuha Znathitr: Piercing the Invincible Formation

CLASS: Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress

RANGE: 1~50

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TARGETS: 500 people

The trump card of Abhimanyu, this is the crystallization of his legend, his exploits on the 13th day of the Kurukshetra War, where he alone had to penetrate the invincible Chakravyuha, a military formation where the soldiers are arranged in tiers that form a disc (chakra) shape from above, and traps the opponents in a labyrinth of seemingly unending mighty warriors.

Dark clouds cover the sky. The howls of the warriors can be heard but are overshadowed by the raging thunder as Abhimanyu takes aim, determining the weaknesses of his target(s). The cacophony rises as he prepares his body for the incoming charge. When it reaches the peak volume, he fires.

When he fires, he charges forward, creating a moving storm of arrows that cannot be stopped. Each arrow is imbued with the rage of Rudra, causing massive destruction around him until his charge comes to an end. It boasts a tremendous power against large armies, as it can easily wipe them out if left unchecked. It is possible to focus it all on one target, increasing the power of the Noble Phantasm to the point where it rivals Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms.

However, with the usage of this Noble Phantasm, his LCK will drop by one rank, and his bow Raudra will begin to weaken due to the strain put on it. If used continuously not only will the Master suffer from intense mana drain, Raudra will also break, leaving him unable to use it and Chakravyuha Znathithr.

अभिमन्यु चक्रधर
    Abhimanyu Chakradhara: Heroic Last Stand

CLASS: Anti-Unit (Self)

RANGE: 1~50 (dependent on weapon)

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TARGETS: 100 people

The final Noble Phantasm of Abhimanyu, it is the death throes of the young hero sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. The desperate attempts to slaughter his way out of the formation, duelling against some of the greatest warriors of the age with the scraps of war spread across the battlefield, all for naught as he falls in the end.

To be activated, his other two Noble Phantasms must be rendered unusable, and he must be at a significant disadvantage compared to his opponents. When the conditions are fulfilled, activating the True Name grants him the ability to use anything in his surroundings as a weapon, turning them into existences that can harm Servants. The items he chooses must be something he recognizes as a weapon and can only be used for 7 turns before breaking. His STR, END and AGI all get a temporary Rank-up, and if used under the full moon, the items can last for 10 turns before breaking apart. However, prolonged usage of this NP will drain a lot out of the Master, so battles must be ended quickly to avoid disaster.

LORE
    Spoiler:

Long ago, Chandra was asked to let his son be incarnated as a mortal for he would have an important role to play in the future events of the world. Chandra agreed, but stated that his son would only remain on Prithvi (Earth) for 16 years, as he could not remain separated from him for any longer. And so, the pride and joy of the Moon came to be born on Prithvi, to Arjuna and Subhadra as Abhimanyu.

He quickly became the favourite son of his father and the beloved child of the Pandavas. Blessed with great qualities of his father and uncles, he quickly gained acclaim as the brilliant future of the Pandavas and Yadavas (Clan of Krishna and Subhadra), as one who might outshine them all. However, much of his childhood was spent apart from his father, who went into exile for 13 years along with the other Pandava brothers. Due to this, he vowed to repay the Kauravas for their trickery and retake the stolen kingdom.

He ended up marrying Uttara of the Virata kingdom after the exile of the Pandavas ended when they saved the kingdom from the Kauravas. They were enchanted with the other from the first sight, and spent many days together, often laughing at what the other would say, or chatting about what the future might hold. Soon, to everyone’s delight, Uttara was expecting, stunning young Abhimanyu who never dreamt that he might one day be a father. He wished with all his heart that such idyllic days would last forever, and that his family would prosper in such times.

However, war was soon on the horizon. After repeated failures in negotiations with Duryodhana, the Pandavas had no choice but to go to war for their stolen kingdom. Abhimanyu made a solemn promise to return to Uttara and their unborn child, and she tearfully bid him goodbye as he rode away, afraid that he might not keep the promise.

In the Kurukshetra War, Abhimanyu already began to distinguish himself among his fellow warriors by duelling with the mighty Bhishma for a while on the very first day, although no celestial weapons (astras) were invoked. The youth’s fiery spirit and drive impressed the mighty warrior and rallied the warriors on the Pandava side despite the initial defeat on the 1st day. They felt that with the likes of Arjuna, Bhima, Abhimanyu and many others, they would eventually win (as Krishna himself reiterated over to Yudhishthira).

On the 13th day, a cunning plan was set up by Duryodhana and Drona, the general of the Kaurava army to lure Arjuna and Krishna away from Yudhishthira so that they could capture the enemy king and win the war. To do so, the army was arranged in the almost invincible Chakravyuha formation, a labyrinthine arrangement of the forces that formed a disc from above. Any attempting to break it would inevitably fail, as there was only a specific way to do so and the knowledge of which was limited to 4 people: Arjuna, Krishna, Pradyumna (son of Krishna and Abhimanyu’s cousin) and Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu had learnt about the formation and how to penetrate it from his father, when he spoke with Subhadra, while Abhimanyu was still a babe in her womb. However, he failed to grasp how to exit it safely, as Subhadra had fallen asleep while Arjuna was explaining so. Despite this lack of knowledge, he seized the opportunity to lead the Pandavas when asked to do so, and the other four Pandavas swore that they would have his back no matter what. Unfortunately, while the initial breakthrough was successful, the rest of the army was held back by Jayadratha, a Kaurava ally who had obtained a boon for this very moment (the capability to hold back the four Pandavas for a while). And so there he was, alone and outnumbered, with little hope for survival.

Regardless, he persevered in his attempts to fight his way to Duryodhana and kill him, ending the war. In the ensuing battle, many of the great Kaurava warriors such as Karna, Drona, Shalya, Ashwatthama and more were stunned by his individual prowess. In a desperate attempt to prevent further casualties, the rules of war were ignored and a joint attack by the warriors on Abhimanyu was enacted. Destroying his bow, chariot, charioteers and horses in quick succession, they forced him into using his sword and shield, which were then broken, leaving him without weapons. Abhimanyu then scrounged the battlefield for various weapons, including a chariot wheel, to try and escape his perilous situation. However, it was all for naught as he eventually grew fatigued and was struck down unfairly while unconscious at the young age of 16.

His legend ends here, though his lineage (and that of the Pandavas) was ultimately continued by his unborn child (named Parikshit), who became the future king of Hastinapur and consolidated the Kuru state.

PERSONALITY
    Spoiler:

Quiet, but confident. Capable of much but not one to boast about it. Praised for his conduct, integrity, diligence and judgement, to the point of being considered a ‘superman’ alongside his father. Underneath all that though, is a young man who simply wants a quiet and peaceful life with his family. He finds the beauty of wild nature to be enchanting, and would love to spend time in the outdoors, be it in the jungles of his homeland or elsewhere. He finds the modern world to be pleasant, but a little unsettling for his tastes.

From his Master, he expects someone honourable and unwilling to delve into the darker nature of humanity. He remains loyal to them as long as they act with proper conduct and is willing to rebel if they should choose to break his trust in them. Otherwise, expect him to defend his Master no matter the odds, even if he were to face an unsurmountable existence or a person of close standing like his father. To him, the code of Dharma and Karma as preached by his uncle Krishna must be followed, even if it means fighting his family.

His wish for the Holy Grail would be to get one last moment with his wife, his father, his family. To see them, hold them and smile in peace.

RELATIONSHIPS

Spoiler:

Arjuna: The two of them stand face to face, silently staring into each other’s eyes. No words are exchanged for a few tense seconds, before they both rush towards the other to envelop them in a crushing hug. Tears flow freely from Abhimanyu’s eyes, while Arjuna attempts to keep himself from breaking down while holding tightly. It is best to leave them like this, don’t you think?

Karna: To him, there are no words to say. The fact that he was also an uncle only makes it hurt even more. But perhaps time may heal all wounds?

Rama: The legendary king of Kosala, for whom he has nothing but admiration. Rama on his part considers him someone similar to Bharata, and treats him accordingly, with the love that only brothers can have.

Arjuna Alter: A version of his father that Abhimanyu has never seen before, from a world he finds alien to what he knows. Despite the unfamiliarity, they get along surprisingly well, though he is unnerved by this Arjuna’s vehemence at what he finds to be evil.

NOTES
    A thorough reworking of an old Servant sheet I made a while back. Feels like I went too much in detail at certain parts, and I might have missed what I wanted to convey in here. Feel free to give your thoughts on it!
    Last edited by AAM1232; July 10th, 2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Image fixing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Girolamo: I like this one. The skills are rather clever, especially the faux-Eye for Art (though its effects seem closer to Mental Pollution). Only High-Speed Incantation seems a little out of place, and even that probably has some justification I'm just no aware of. As for the NPs, I'm not a huge fan of the first one (mostly because the format just looks like adding another Servant on top of another - then again, Oryou....), but the second one is curious. Since it seems to be a physical representation of Girolamo's Saint Graph (and thus editable), will tampering with it affect possible other summonings of him? And if it does work like that, does harming it also work in the same way?

High-Speed Incantation
    has the same justification as Andersen, in that it's based on the sheer speed and volume of the works he composed. And changes to his second NP only affect his current summoning. If it affected his record on the Throne it'd probably warrant being an EX-ranked NP...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Diogenes: Of this one I'm not such a fan. Not least because the FC looks more like a cat than a dog (and that confusion is Tamamo Cat's shtick). Although I suppose there are some grounds for that sort of thing, given how much Diogenes stood apart from 'humanity' with his actions. NPs are fine, though if memory serves, the second NP's basis is usually recorded as being a barrel.
    Fair enough. I picked the FC more on a whim because I thought it'd be amusing to have Diogenes as a cute doggo girl. And I've heard various versions of the object Diogenes lived in, with some calling it a jar, barrel, winecask, amongst other things. I just decided to go with a jar for no particular reason. Anyway, thanks for the feedback mate!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Saber
    True Name: Alfred the Great
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Britain (9th century)
    Armament: Sword, shield

Parameters:
    STR: C+
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MANA: D
    LUCK: B
    NP: B+

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank D: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding - Rank A+: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills

Ceremonial Reformation - Rank C: A Skill which improves the functionality of the peoples and lands under the user's control.
    Through Ceremonial Reformation, Rider can enhance his Master and their workshop, to the point of doubling the abilities of an ordinary magus. Under Rider’s rule, his country prospered as its king reorganized all aspects of the nation for the betterment of its people.

Calm and Collected - Rank A: The quality of a calm and observant nature that does not get confused in any kind of situation. The user suppresses their emotions and calmly observes their surroundings, guiding them towards optimal tactics.
    Rider is immune to fear and confusion effects. Despite being brought to the brink of defeat, Rider eventually rallied, his calm and determination seeing him through his battles. Never again will he give in to despair.

Charisma - Rank B: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class.
    Sufficient to lead a country as its King. Through his popularity and achievements, Rider rose to become the dominant king of England. His reputation is such that he is one of the few monarchs to have been granted the title of ‘the Great’ by their people.

Rallying Cry against the Invaders - Rank B+: A rallying cry for those suffering under the heel of an invader. Though a long-time effort in reality, in terms of Skills it manifests as a war cry. The weaker the position of one’s allies, the greater the benefits received.
    Defensive power of allies is increased upon activation. After damage is suffered, a momentary increase in attack power is provided for the purpose of counterattacking. Through Rider’s efforts, the disparate kingdoms of Britain united against their Saxon foes, eventually driving out the invaders.

Noble Phantasms

The Great Steed of the Peaceful Realm
    Uffington White Horse

Anti-Army, Rank A
    The Noble Phantasm that serves as Rider’s mount. Though it originally possessed no connection to him, legends after his time have heavily connected the Uffington White Horse to Rider’s victory over the invading Saxons. It exists in the modern day as a figure carved in a hill, but its origin is a Divine Beast, being a descendant of the goddess Epona.
    Uffington White Horse can summon the Divine Beast in question back into the World. As a creature with a history spanning close to three millennia, it possesses a great amount of power, and manifests as a great horse shining with an inner light. Its original length is over a 100 metres, but it can shrink into a more manageable size.
    Rider can fully activate the Noble Phantasm by guiding his steed into a charge. At Rider’s command, Uffington White Horse reaches a full gallop and tramples foes underfoot. The inner light also blazes into blinding solar rays, causing further damage. Due to the mount’s connotations with times of peace, its attack deals a bonus damage against those that would disrupt it, mainly targets of a Chaotic alignment.

Forefather of Experienced Knowledge
    Empirical Foundation

Anti-Unit, Rank B+
    An ability foisted upon Rider. Though the Noble Phantasm is something his will resonates with, and could be considered the end result of something he began, Rider cannot in good conscience claim it is ‘his’ Noble Phantasm, and would rather term it as the ability of his kingdom and spiritual descendants.
    Simply put, Empirical Foundation is a Noble Phantasm that ‘bares the truth’. When activated, it reduces the target to its observable qualities. As such, it can be considered a Noble Phantasm that enforces the Age of Man upon its target. It removes the effects of myth and rumor, and as such seals Skills and Noble Phantasms that are not founded in the history of the Age of Man. Blessings from the gods, Skills such as Innocent Monster and abilities brought on by misunderstandings are sealed for a long duration. In some cases, Empirical Foundation can even deal damage, such as when targeting wholly imaginary entities.
    Ironically, using Empirical Foundation also seals Rider’s other Noble Phantasm for the duration of its effect. It also passively works to prevent him from gaining information regarding the current era from the Holy Grail, as this is not knowledge born from Rider’s own experience.

Description
    Dislikes: Baking, despair
    Talents: Picking up new skills, helping others find their strength
    Natural Enemy: Avenger-class Servants

Rider’s true identity is Alfred the Great, the White Horse King.

A thoughtful, humble king. Due to the circumstances of his summoning, Alfred is quite curious about the modern world, having received the bare minimum of information from the Holy Grail. He will likely pester his master to acquire notebooks for him, filling them with a disturbing speed as he seeks to write down his discoveries. Despite his kingship, Alfred does not feel particularly proud of his status. He acknowledges that in the grand scheme of things, kings are far more common than truly great men and heroes.
    Having once been on the brink of it himself, Alfred greatly sympathizes with those left in despair. He does his best to uplift them, be they allies or enemies. As such, he steadfastly believes that hope and determination together can overcome all obstacles. Even in the face of insurmountable odds, Alfred will stand firm. He also has a peculiar relationship with cake and baked confections in general, and seems to avoid them whenever possible.
    Alfred has a generally good disposition towards other Heroic Spirits. He does not judge others based on their origins, only by their deeds and conduct as Servants. Though he gets along best with righteous individuals, he is willing to forgive even the most heinous of villains should they truly seek redemption. Alfred is a great fan of British Heroic Spirits, particularly King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. However, his frame of reference for them differs greatly from the common understanding, which would likely cause bewilderment.
    As long as their actions serve a good cause, Alfred is willing to serve his Master loyally. As the quest for the Root is a quest for the truth, he can sympathize with the desire to seek it. However, he still frowns on heinous acts, believing that one should not be greedy in the pursuit of knowledge. As long as he is provided with notebooks and writing implements, he will likely remain pleased.
    Alfred does not have a truly strong wish for the Holy Grail. Though he wishes for prosperity for his country, he feels that that has, at least in part, already been achieved. Mostly, he wishes to fulfill his role in ritual seeking the truth of the Root.

Lore
    Alfred the Great was the King of Wessex from 871 through 899. He is most famous for being the king who, while hiding with a herdsman, let some cakes burn while he was deep in despondency. However, throughout British history he has been famous for other important accomplishments.
    During his reign, Alfred tried to follow kings in the past who were both effective defenders of their kingdoms and who ruled with wisdom. He led a variety of kingdoms, including the English kingdoms of Mercia, Northumbria, and East Anglia, against Viking invasions of England that persisted throughout his life and thereafter. He also fought to revive the practice of the Christian religion in his kingdom and fought to translate and disseminate Christian writings in order to revive learning in England that he regarded as having been lost since the fall of Roman Britain.
    Alfred is the only English king to be known as "the Great." Alfred is also widely renowned for having harmonized his kingdom's legal structure and improving its military defenses such that it could repel Viking invaders. He also set the stage for the unification of England by uniting other small kingdoms with his in Wessex which laid the groundwork and institutional framework for future unification. He is also responsible for the restoration of London and its return to English rule after a period of Viking control. Alfred is often regarded as the founder of the British Navy and is also known for his attempts to design a naval fleet that could repel the Vikings.
    King Alfred was a deeply religious man who attended divine services and masses regularly and prayed each day. He learned to read and translated a variety of Latin documents himself, including the psalter, or the book of Old Testament psalms. He also financed the building of several monasteries and summoned a number of monks and priests to teach him and his children. One of these monks was a Welsh priest named Asser. Asser is most famous for his The Life of King Alfred, written in 893, which is one of the first biographies of a ruler in English history. It is also the source of most of contemporary historians' knowledge of Alfred's life and rule.
    His victory over the Saxons is said to be commemorated by his construction of the Uffington White Horse, though this is a later addition, the work having predated his era.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol, you couldn't have timed that better if you tried since Alfred appears in the trailer as the antagonist for the latest AC game that dropped a few hours ago.
    Last edited by Skull; April 30th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.