Page 467 of 546 FirstFirst ... 367417457462465466467468469472477517 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Blog Entries
    Da Vinci is portrayed as the "Universal Genius". She's basically the personification of human technological and artistic development, as well as just the Renaissance in general. It makes sense through that lens.

I don't think there's anyone else in FGO who would qualify for it, other than maybe Mozart if you really stretch it. Napoleon has his variant, so he's good. I guess Alexander, Caesar, or Romulus could qualify, but they already have all their mythological stuff going for them, so it's not really necessary outside of just having it to have it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Drake was either 2nd or 3rd actually and even the nits up for debate, tesla is overhyped
    Drake was the first to be in charge of the journey from beginning to the end, I think. But that doesn't roll off the tongue that easily.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Columbus should have Drake's PotS. Or at least a Star attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Da Vinci is portrayed as the "Universal Genius". She's basically the personification of human technological and artistic development, as well as just the Renaissance in general. It makes sense through that lens.

I don't think there's anyone else in FGO who would qualify for it, other than maybe Mozart if you really stretch it. Napoleon has his variant, so he's good. I guess Alexander, Caesar, or Romulus could qualify, but they already have all their mythological stuff going for them, so it's not really necessary outside of just having it to have it.
    The last one that probably has that skill apart from the ones that we already know are the Wright brothers, for the creation of the first successful airplane which proved that yeah, humans can fly too.

Apart from them I'm not sure who can qualify for it.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    The last one that probably has that skill apart from the ones that we already know are the Wright brothers, for the creation of the first successful airplane which proved that yeah, humans can fly too.

Apart from them I'm not sure who can qualify for it.
    Pretty sure Laika is mentioned as having the skill at EX rank in the himuro no tenshi OVA. Would also make sense for Gagarine and Armstrong to have it.

Blog Entries
    It is weird that Columbus doesn't have it. Though I think that comes down to the weird way they portrayed him. I know he wasn't exactly a good guy historically, but having him as a mustache twirling villain while Napoleon, Xiang Yu, and freaking Nero are portrayed as straight up morally pure heroes is ridiculous. And kind of offensive in Nero's case.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they want to go with the idea of Vikings having visited America before Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Maybe they want to go with the idea of Vikings having visited America before Columbus.
    They went with it, is on Requiem

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Red Hare is finished. Since this is my first translation, advice and commentary would be appreciated. Do note that the comment from the illustrator was an extremely rushed job, as I only remembered it after I'd finished everything else.

Red Hare Mats profile

Class: Rider
    True Name: Red Hare
    Source: Historical fact, Romance of the Three Kingdoms etc.
    Origin: China
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Height: 250 cm
    Weight: Over 400 kg

Strength: B
    Endurance: EX
    Agility: B+
    Magic: C
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Scenario designer: Hikaru Sakurai
    Character design: Midorikawa Miho
    CV: Midorikawa Hikaru

Class Skills

Riding: EX
    Can ride anything skillfully.
    However, his state as a rider and horse as one (?) upon manifestation as a Rider means that he has no need to ride any more.

Personal Skills

Long-Distance Dash (Horse): EX
    Inexhaustible physical strength that enables long-term and long-distance travel.
    It is possible to temporarily increase the Agility parameter sharply, as well as increasing Strength and Agility parameters while sprinting at full speed.

Every Martial Art (Horse): A
    A combat skill cultivated in a wide variety of fields, making it possible to deal with any situation in battle. He can immediately respond to unusual circumstances like battles in the air or underwater, even as yet unknown or situations where one has no experience, by making use of cultivated skill and experience.

Combat Maneuver (Horse): B
    Mastery of mounted combat. A plus bonus is awarded to attack checks and damage while riding. As a demerit, fighting ability is reduced when not riding, but it is not a demerit to one in a state of a rider and horse as one (?).

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: B
    A Skill that is actually owned despite the owner’s insistence of “I don’t have it”.
    The temperament to never remain in one location and to never embrace a master. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king but is not able to find his own king.
    (Fundamentally not used in Fate/Grand Order)

Noble Phantasms

Red Form: Horse and Rider as One
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Targets: 1 person

Red Form.
    Known as Lu Bu’s horse, Red Hare has the ability to perform a “combination sequence” with the Fierce Flying General Lu Bu--------- So it is rumored in small parts of Clock Tower.
    It’s true.
    That really is the rumour.
    As a Servant, Red Hare runs through the battlefield as an invincible man-horse soldier with high mobility and toughness, with a centaur-like appearance due to the side effect of the Noble Phantasm that makes the horse and rider one. Even without Lu Bu.
    So---------
    Although he calls himself “Lu Bu combined with Red Hare”, he is just a horse… Red Hare. Sorry for fooling you so far, everyone. Not giving Lu Bu a ride, nor combining with Lu Bu. It is no more than a centaur soldier mode that exists as the side effect of a Noble Phantasm.
    Whether you point out that fact or not depends on the breadth of your tolerance.
    (A continuously active -type Noble Phantasm. Fundamentally not used in Fate/Grand Order)

Imitation God Force: False - The Five Soldiers of the War God
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army
    Range: 1~40
    Targets: 50 people

Imitation God Force.
    He doesn’t have the Noble Phantasm “The Five Soldiers of the War God”, which is called Houtengeki, that Lu Bu possesses as a Heroic Spirit. What he releases as a Noble Phantasm is “The Five Soldiers of the War God”’s Shoot Mode… Or a big shot that brings it to mind.
    However, it is not released as magical light like a large-bore cannon, but is just an “enormous spear” shot as an arrow from a strong bow.

As a result of having sought a powerful arrow, he may have decided that “It’s faster to shoot a spear…”

Character
    First person pronoun: 私(watashi)
    Second person pronoun: あなた (anata)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 (kare)/彼女 (kanojo)/〇〇 (addressing by last name only)/〇〇殿 (〇〇-dono)/〇〇公 (〇〇-kou)

Personality
    Even though he gives his name as Lu Bu, he is serious.
    However, his nature is rough. He is easygoing in most things, and gives off a calm presence too.
    That is certainly an excellent horse---------

Attitude towards Master
    Carrot please.

Speech examples
    “Rider has manifested here. This peerless body of mine will now become your power.”
    “I don’t have a rebellious nature at all. Fufuh...”
    “Neigh!”
    “Carrots?”
    “I am Lu Bu Fengxian! Also known as the Flying General. Y-yeah… Of course. Y-yes.”

Historical image
    The Flying General Lu Bu, whose actions are told of in books and stories such as the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
    A legendary warrior and general boasting peerless courage, he is said to have continued to fight until the end of his life. With his favorite horse, Red Hare, he ran through the battlefield.

“And now, with his Noble Phantasm, Lu Bu has become one with Red Hare! Surpassing even the centaur told of in Ancient Greek mythology, and combining man, horse, armor and arms to become the strongest man-horse warrior! Like Innocent Monster or something. In other words, I am Lu Bu! Neigh!”

Neigh.
    There is not a single reason to doubt this impassioned story.

Appearance
    A ferocious appearance that can no longer be called human---------
    At the same time, filled with a severity like a war god that overruns the battlefield.

Other info
    The true name “Red Hare” is proudly displayed.
    But about that truth, he stays silent.

Favorite food: carrots
    But anyway, this horse has a nice voice.

Related characters
    Lu Bu
    Ooh, Lu Bu! Lu Bu!
    I am Red… Neigh, n-no, I am Lu Bu as well. It is true. In other words, together we are double Lu Bu! Magnificent!
    That being so, how about an EXA-Red Form?

Chen Gong
    Soldiers are easily misled. I understand that. But I’m wondering what they think about suicide bombing. That being so, has there been development towards a new form? I think it would be good for a horse to be able to fly through the sky.

Cao Cao/Guan Yu
    Neigh!

Llamrei/Bai Long/Dun Stallion
    Neigh.

Comment from illustrator
    With a horse’s head, a person’s body resting on a horse. … It was a horse? I made it more than a year before the release of FGO, but I think it’s in the storehouse~, FGO is exciting but I can’t say I’m participating~ Whatever your thoughts, to think that you’d receive a character like this, with a double Midorikawa no less. (Midorikawa Miho)

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    They went with it, is on Requiem
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

Blog Entries
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._material_vii/

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._fgo_material/

Clyton - Semiramis, Swimsuit Jeanne, Liangyu, Consort Yu, and Astraea.
    castor212 - Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Smoof - Xiang Yu.
    BananaShiki - Santa Quetzalcoatl and Gray.
    Konchew - Shi Huangdi, Kama/Mara, and Lakshmibal.
    King of Padoru - Munenori, Miyu, Kingprotea, Parvati-Kasuga, Nobutsuna, and William Tell.
    Comun - Ganesha and Ascelpius.
    aabisector - Sima Yi.

By volumes:
    Vol 6: 5
    Vol 7: 1
    Vol 8: 17
    Last edited by Dragolord09; May 7th, 2020 at 06:45 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Achilles: https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._material_vii/

And this is on behalf of BananaShiki for Grandpa Li: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._fgo_material/

I also did Raita's illustration comment on Moriarty's costume and Takeuchi's on Ortenax Mash, thus I updated their mats with them. Here is it below:

Gray Collar Costume
    I challenged myself in wanting to draw a version of Moriaty with his hair down lol. This man has the mysterious character trait where he even puts on whatever kind of clothes he has and wears them in his own style, which is convenient for me, but I wonder what does he want, so even I cannot understand his motives… I noticed that after I finished drawing him, his standing posture has become a ballroom dancing pose. (Raita Honjou)

Ortenax Costume
    Mash, who lost her powers as a Servant, has a Saint Graph exoskeleton she wears over her body in order to reinforce herself. She is also called by the nickname ‘Armoured Mash’. I also thought of a jagged robot-ish design in order to emphasize an unrefined characteristic, but I was uneasy in having the design being too distant from Mash’s image, so concerning the result, I agreed on a silhouette similar to one with a head protector + armour with heavy armouring. (Takeuchi Takashi)
    Last edited by Clyton; May 7th, 2020 at 09:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    It's less about who got there first and more about the result of the travel. Also Columbus embodying the "Age of Discovery" like Da Vinci embodies the "Renaissance"

I mean if we use that logic than magellan should still be the first or the guy who took over when he died should be the first.

also i can name like 5 others from the last century, alan turing, einstein, the three who made penicillin, guy who made the internet, those off the top of my head

POTS is just a poorly thought out skill when you know anything about the figures, da vinci didnt really contribute much at all to science until like centuries later and it was just 'oh this could work' and he was known to rarely finish art as well

I mean do you ever think about da vinci in terms of 'contributions to science/humanity' or more 'they were a good artist/ahead of there time', cause its far more the latter than the former even if the latter is a bit overhyped as well.

I mean columbus should get it as mentioned before, I think if tesla gets it his forefathers galvani and franklin should get it as well but its not like they would screw over entire concepts/groups for memes or wanking one character right?

/glances at what they did to michaelangelo
    Last edited by Byegod; May 7th, 2020 at 10:10 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean if we use that logic than magellan should still be the first or the guy who took over when he died should be the first.

also i can name like 5 others from the last century, alan turing, einstein, the three who made penicillin, guy who made the internet, those off the top of my head

POTS is just a poorly thought out skill when you know anything about the figures, da vinci didnt really contribute much at all to science until like centuries later and it was just 'oh this could work' and he was known to rarely finish art as well
    Da Vinci didn't contribute much to science? What reality do you live in?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kinda sad nothing is really said about Achilles' second set of armor, but glad Grandpa Li is translated. Now I just gotta wait for Yagyuu...

JP Friend Code
    Nowhere near as much is said about Achilles

I'm starting to have the slightest suspicion Nasu and Higashide never actually read the Iliad hmmmmm

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Nowhere near as much is said about Achilles

I'm starting to have the slightest suspicion Nasu and Higashide never actually read the Iliad hmmmmm
    Achilles got a whole profile already in Apocrypha minus the stuff past the NPs here. Sure, the armour isn't mentioned both here and there, but there's not much that is new to be said for Achilles in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    And this is on behalf of BananaShiki for Grandpa Li: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._fgo_material/
    I like this one, but I still would have preferred the younger one be the Assassin though.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Achilles got a whole profile already in Apocrypha minus the stuff past the NPs here. Sure, the armour isn't mentioned both here and there, but there's not much that is new to be said for Achilles in general.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Achilles was also the only Iliad character in Apocrypha, so there wasn't much reason to bring it up

But now that we've had two major characters who were involved with him in the conflict - Hector and Penthesilea - for ages, they could at least talk a bit more about it.

Stay tuned to see the monkey finger curled in Odysseus' Mats.