View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1284 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2847841184123412741279128212831284128512861289129413341384 ... LastLast
Results 25,661 to 25,680 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Trubo, this article was useful considering our earlier discussion

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...amacare-257099

as expected, Obamacare is actually gaining stability during the pandemic as more people are seeking healthcare or readying for join the exchanges next year.

note about halfway through the article wherein it noted that elimination of the tax penalty had not notably damaged the law.
    Wow, a pyramid scheme doesn't collapse because it attracts more people than are leaving the scheme, who would have guessed. The article states repeatedly that the only reason these plans are being looked at are because they're guaranteed more money than pursuing Medicaid, which the article conveniently forgets to comment on because guess what, it's harder to get Medicaid than it is an ACA plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    At the time? It’s not ancient history man, the nullification of the mandate was passed right at the end of 2017 and the lawsuit was already filed before it even came into effect last year

I know, but that’s an example of throwing a bunch of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. There were a lot of people on the blogs or even in the government stating as soon as the mandate went away anyone healthy would immediate dump their plans and shortly thereafter the program would be overburdened with only the very sick, leading to its collapse. As in, with it coming into fruition last year, by the time the enrollment came about early this year it would already be untenable as all the health insurance companies would have dumped out
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I just ignore what conservatives say, it's never very helpful at discerning what they mean

- - - Updated - - -

This theory is properly sourced btw re: every conversation I've ever had with my dad

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    France: No, our banning burqas etc in public isn't about Islamophobia or bigotedness, it's about security! The police need to see people's faces!

Also France: Face masks are now MANDATORY in public. Burqas are still banned btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

So you know that Joe Biden guy? You know the one who denies he sexually assaulted Tara Reade? Well, it turns out he doesn't even remember her at all. Idk about you but I don't think the denials of someone who doesn't even remember the events of 1993 are particularly strong. Maybe he really does believe he didn't do it simply because his memory is too far gone.

Blog Entries
    Reagan Iran-Contra vibes...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    So you know that Joe Biden guy? You know the one who denies he sexually assaulted Tara Reade? Well, it turns out he doesn't even remember her at all. Idk about you but I don't think the denials of someone who doesn't even remember the events of 1993 are particularly strong. Maybe he really does believe he didn't do it simply because his memory is too far gone.
    Never really saw this as a criticism even for Kavanaugh. Thing happened ~30 years ago, and is ultimately a minor inconvenience in his personal life.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Can you remember how many slices of bread you've eaten?" - Joe Biden, probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "For Tara Reade, the day I assaulted her was the most important day of her life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
    don't quote me on this

There were like 25 candidates. How on Earth did the guy with the worst baggage out of all of them win?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    7 hour lines in key districts and media support
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    piping hot manufactured consent
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    "For Tara Reade, the day I assaulted her was the most important day of her life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
    I shouldn't have laughed, and yet I did.

Blog Entries

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is that a question or a statement?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Feels more like a character assassination piece than anything else to reduce the value of any corroborating evidence she's gathered so far. To use the tried and true bullshit defense question, where were these people to say otherwise in the past year since Tara brought up these allegations to start?

In other news, Representative Richard Neal (D) basically killed a healthcare bill aimed at reducing out-of-network expenses, the Lower Health Care Costs Act, that was originally going to pass back in 2019, with very strong evidence suggesting his actions to be motivated by the 54k that big pharma gave to him via lobbyists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Feels more like a character assassination piece than anything else

Heh. Irony.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Honor medical workers as heroes to morally attack them when they complain or act due to lack of PPEs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Heh. Irony.
    Does being a piece of shit person mean we shouldn't care about the alleged harassment/assault? Cause that's really the whole point of the article, she got what was coming to her for being a piece of shit person.

Blog Entries
    No it isn’t. The entire point of the article is that the only evidence that the alleged harassment occurred is she says it did. Nothing else. Which means you have to wonder wherever she is an honest woman, which it does not seem like she is.

The other “cooberating evidence” is nothing but hearsay. She told somebody else something happened, but they didn’t see it themselves.

the amusing thing is before it was proven conclusively false the other girl who was lying actually had a much more solid allegation. She said something happened, she, like Tara had several people come forward to say that they had been told years past that Biden had harassed her, and unlike Tara the other girl actually had real evidence, a witness who came forward and said that she herself actual saw it happened.

now of course, we know all those people were lying.

tara doesn’t even have an eye witness or anything. She just has an ever changing story and a noted predilection for taking advantage of people for trusting her when she says things. That’s the point of the article.