View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1303 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3038031203125312931298130113021303130413051308131313531403 ... LastLast
Results 26,041 to 26,060 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If only all cops had a built-in calculator to determine the mathematically exact amount of force needed, eh?

Blog Entries
    this is what pop culture poisoning do to your brain
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    If only all cops had a built-in calculator to determine the mathematically exact amount of force needed, eh?
    "Because a perfect system can't exist, it's acceptable to ignore widespread and rampant abuse" -LegalLoliLover, June 2020

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    this is what pop culture poisoning do to your brain
    Back when you first started out on this site, didn't you get temp-banned for posting some Storm Front stuff or something? That being said, I do find it difficult to disagree with this line, at least:
    the irony that most protesters chanting "i can't breath" likely would develop respiratory infection in the next few weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    "Because a perfect system can't exist, it's acceptable to ignore widespread and rampant abuse" -LegalLoliLover, June 2020
    Good job putting words in my mouth. This is some Cultural Revolution level BS here. Right down to the destruction of national statues.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; June 15th, 2020 at 10:50 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Because the police force is too broken as a system. There's no reformation to be had. Abolish it and put something else in its place.
    But you can't abolish the police. You need someone to preform those tasks, like keeping criminals, keeping peace in the area, and dealing with violations of the law. Sure you can fire everyone involved, and create another group to do all those things, but they'll still be the police. Just under a new name. That's reformation.

Though you should definitely cut their funding. There's no reason for police to need a tank. Or most of the military surplus equipment they have. SWAT, maybe. But not hundreds in the streets with them.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    The police is class tool, inseparable and similar to the state itself. Monopoly on violence in order to enforce the will of the ruling class, this is the function of the police, this is what is meant by "dictatorship of the bourgeoisie". When the hypothetical revolution happens, this is reversed, i.e. the working class in turn impose their will using people's militia or what have you. Thus the abolishment of the police is inseparable from the abolition of class society itself.
    Last edited by Kamera; June 15th, 2020 at 11:51 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But you can't abolish the police. You need someone to preform those tasks, like keeping criminals, keeping peace in the area, and dealing with violations of the law. Sure you can fire everyone involved, and create another group to do all those things, but they'll still be the police. Just under a new name. That's reformation.

Though you should definitely cut their funding. There's no reason for police to need a tank. Or most of the military surplus equipment they have. SWAT, maybe. But not hundreds in the streets with them.
    If you rethink, from the ground up, how everything that's currently handled by the police should be handled, reassign some of those tasks to specialized organizations that are actually prepared to handle it; as well as change training, procedures, personnel, funding, requirements to enroll, etc... Can you really call this new system a reformation of the old one? The idea is not to make Police 2, but to truly change how society deals with law enforcement (and other tasks).

Still, we could argue one way or another, but that's useless semantics.

You know what is useful semantics though? Framing such a massive social reestructuring as the end of the old system and giving the resulting organization(s) a new name.
    It portrays the absolute rejection of the current flawed system and its crimes; a legitimate effort to create something new, not tied down by the legacy of its broken predecessor; and the willingness to do so despite rampant pushback from those who benefit, or are not affected by, the systemic racism that plagues the police.
    Last edited by pinetree; June 16th, 2020 at 12:03 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The police is class tool, inseparable and similar to the state itself. Monopoly on violence in order to enforce the will of the ruling class, this is the function of the police, this is what is meant by "dictatorship of the bourgeoisie". When the hypothetical revolution happens, this is reversed, i.e. the working class in turn impose their will using people's militia or what have you. Thus the abolishment of the police is inseparable from the abolition of class society itself.
    It may be optimistic of me to believe systems so deeply-rooted in our current society could change for the better without an even greater accompanying societal revolution, but I still do. These last weeks have given me enough hope that this is something that could happen in my lifetime, meanwhile, I don't think I'm gonna live to see something as major as the abolition of class society, specially not over here.

Shit I took too long for the merge.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Useful, but not always successful. It could also come off as a clumsy attempt at rebranding, to avert negative associating by hiding under a new coat of paint.

It all depends on how successful the entire venture is. It would be amazing if it could, but the fact this thing happens every 5-10 years with pretty much the same reactions and no progress at all has made me really cynical about whether the change ever will happen.

Blog Entries

we did it reddit
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, statues don't have full security details with attack dogs and assault weapons.

Good job putting words in my mouth. This is some Cultural Revolution level BS here. Right down to the destruction of national statues.
    If only the cultural revolution had only destroyed national statues. It takes a whole other crazy to be beaten to death because you're college-educated.

But these series of events are probably going to radicalized people further to either extreme of the political spectrum. Let's hope that I'm wrong.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; June 16th, 2020 at 01:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post

we did it reddit
    careful now, don't want to be found hanging from a tree with a gunshot in the head and five stab wounds

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    If only the cultural revolution had only destroyed national statues. It takes a whole other crazy to be beaten to death because you're college-educated.

But these series of events are probably going to radicalized people further to either extreme of the political spectrum. Let's hope that I'm wrong.
    Thing is, the cultural revolution started from just statues and stuff. First, it was only Confederate statues, then Columbus, then someone who still has descendants... You think the rebels won't want to take down the statues of the Founding Fathers? Everyone better start 3D printing their own Jefferson memorials. Heck, despite emancipating the slaves, like most people of the time, I don't think that Lincoln thought very highly of the natives. I do know that Thanksgiving was originally made to thank God, not the natives. I like how people referred to the rise of Nazism "first they came for" but brush aside my warning against the rise of communism.
    Also, the reason I'm "referring to video game cutscenes" is because those "video game cutscenes" are from games based on RL history. Essentially, I'm making the point that we, as a species, have been through this shit before:

Blog Entries
    Lol, betrayed by his own family. We about to see Trump roast his own niece over this?

Also, 3 dead in a spat between China and India.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Thing is, the cultural revolution started from just statues and stuff. First, it was only Confederate statues, then Columbus, then someone who still has descendants... You think the rebels won't want to take down the statues of the Founding Fathers? Everyone better start 3D printing their own Jefferson memorials. Heck, despite emancipating the slaves, like most people of the time, I don't think that Lincoln thought very highly of the natives. I do know that Thanksgiving was originally made to thank God, not the natives. I like how people referred to the rise of Nazism "first they came for" but brush aside my warning against the rise of communism.
    Also, the reason I'm "referring to video game cutscenes" is because those "video game cutscenes" are from games based on RL history. Essentially, I'm making the point that we, as a species, have been through this shit before:
    so many words, so little point
    Last edited by Kamera; June 16th, 2020 at 10:28 AM.

lol whom care about the founding fathers

Blog Entries
    i support tearing down every single statues and simulacrum tbh, iconoclasm is based

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, anarchist.

Blog Entries
    You realize that's not much of an insult to him, right?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see