View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1317 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3178171217126713071312131513161317131813191322132713671417 ... LastLast
Results 26,321 to 26,340 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    https://borkena.com/2020/06/23/egypt...urity-council/

Egypt needs to calm the fuck down holy shit

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Babylon Bee is satire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    bruh momentum

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Babylon Bee is satire.
    I know, but USA Today isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I know, but USA Today isn't.
    dunno about that one either, chief

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

perfect time to release a segway-bound Servant

Blog Entries
    Man if we don’t have those

how will we suddenly start talking about something else
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How don't we already have a gif/emoticon of loli Da Vinci on a segway as out version of "Now for something completely different"?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    dunno about that one either, chief
    Better than CNN, clearly:

See. This is what happens when you have to make a narrative to either glorify those who consider themselves "victims" and to shame those in power simply because they have power.

"Though they are strangely dissimilar – Uruguay is a progressive enclave with the lowest poverty index in Latin America, while Paraguay has poverty estimates of 30-50% and is rife with corruption – both nations have kept their coronavirus death rates surprisingly low."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/uruguay-and-paraguay-buck-latin-america-coronavirus-trend

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lacalle Pou's been smart enough to not start destroying everything the progressives have ever done with the threat of COVID hanging over their necks. Which is like, the first rational decision any conservative president has taken in decades. Increases on the anti-quarantine stances are bound to worsen shit, sadly, but let's hope I'm wrong. The lesser population and concentration are going to help a lot there.

Meanwhile in Argieland, cases are spiking as predicted. The sheer concentration of population in Greater Buenos Aires was going to make this into a nightmare no matter what. Right-wing fucktards using the chance to create as much chaos as they can and calling rallies against the quarantine and against the government haven't helped any. I'd bet that a chunk of the new infected reported are from these rallies as well. We've got a rather ugly political situation brewing.

We still are one of the countries that's been doing the best relative to our own size and population, but yeah. There just isn't any realistic way you can do much given how many people are squeezed together in the area. It'll probably get worse.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Lacalle Pou's been smart enough to not start destroying everything the progressives have ever done with the threat of COVID hanging over their necks. Which is like, the first rational decision any conservative president has taken in decades. Increases on the anti-quarantine stances are bound to worsen shit, sadly, but let's hope I'm wrong. The lesser population and concentration are going to help a lot there.

Meanwhile in Argieland, cases are spiking as predicted. The sheer concentration of population in Greater Buenos Aires was going to make this into a nightmare no matter what. Right-wing fucktards using the chance to create as much chaos as they can and calling rallies against the quarantine and against the government haven't helped any. I'd bet that a chunk of the new infected reported are from these rallies as well. We've got a rather ugly political situation brewing.

We still are one of the countries that's been doing the best relative to our own size and population, but yeah. There just isn't any realistic way you can do much given how many people are squeezed together in the area. It'll probably get worse.
    No pensé que me iba a encontrar con otro Argentino en este foro.

At least we do not have Macri and his team leading the fight against COVID, he would be better than Trump and Bolsonaro, but that is not something hard to achieve.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toulou View Post
    No pensé que me iba a encontrar con otro Argentino en este foro.

At least we do not have Macri and his team leading the fight against COVID, he would be better than Trump and Bolsonaro, but that is not something hard to achieve.
    There have been a few argentines around here and there lol.

And yeah, we can be thankful we got Macri out just before shit hit the fan. Silver linings and all. I'm convinced, given the attitude he has shown about this whole thing and how he has signed letters against quarantine (and his phrase "populism is a worse virus than the coronavirus")... he'd have been as bad as Bolsonaro and Trump.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Ok of all the shit I didn’t expect this election trump going on Hannity and saying Biden is going to win may top the list. Also I think he have taken a ride with the ambien walrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    A Venezuelan here.

For all the horribly incompetent Maduro usually is he actually held his own rather well for a while. He took the correct measures this time, but in the long run they're impossible to enforce because he left the economy in too bad a state in the first place, and the populace too ignorant, undisciplined and stubbornly careless on following an orderly system for long in the first place. That, and all the emigrees who left and who are now being spurned by every other Latin American country brought the damn virus in full force.

So the bitter irony is, had he acted as well the whole time as he did now we'd be in a sterling place now, but now we'll pay the consequences of all past governmental mistakes.

That being said, I think that for any country even in the best of cases even taking the best measures only delays the unavoidable. A virus with no cure, that can spread while asymptomatic, that doesn't grant permanent immunity, that is this infectious and that has spread across all the planet will sooner or later get you unless you spend the rest of your life entombed, and humanity just can't do that.
    Last edited by OverMaster; June 26th, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    A Venezuelan here.

For all the horribly incompetent Maduro usually is he actually held his own rather well for a while. He took the correct measures this time, but in the long run they're impossible to enforce because he left the economy in too bad a state in the first place, and the populace too ignorant, undisciplined and stubbornly careless on following an orderly system for long in the first place. That, and all the emigrees who left and who are now being spurned by every other Latin American country brought the damn virus in full force.

So the bitter irony is, had he acted as well the whole time as he did now we'd be in a sterling place now, but now we'll pay the consequences of all past governmental mistakes.

That being said, I think that for any country even in the best of cases even taking the best measures only delays the unavoidable. A virus with no cure, that can spread while asymptomatic, that doesn't grant permanent immunity, that is this infectious and that has spread across all the planet will sooner or later get you unless you spend the rest of your life entombed, and humanity just can't do that.
    Politics overrides measures to contain the virus. That's the main problem.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it more that life overrides measures to combat the virus? It's not like everyone on the planet can stockpile years worth of food, water, medical supplies, cleaning supplies, toiletries, and the like. It's just not realistically possible.

Basically, this monster is going to get us all, eventually. It's just a matter of limiting how badly.

In perhaps related news, Trump's popularity just keeps tanking.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; June 26th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see