Page 1555 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 55510551455150515451550155315541555155615571560156516051655 ... LastLast
Results 31,081 to 31,100 of 37803

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's just that the red streak on the black background is the best representation of Gae Bolg and the shards flying off Saber's destroyed armor are a nice finishing touch. I also like how quick it happens. Unlimited Codes is the second best representation, just because I really like how the lance has already pierced the enemy by itself and Cu has to go get it.

UFOtable's absurd tentacle laser is awful.

Meanwhile, on other games... Grand Order is basically just the red streak from the VN, which is good but not an improvement. Extra doesn't do anything different and is just ugly because the game is ugly. Extella and Link just go for the thrown version instead.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Gae Bolg is the worst one out of FSN. It might be cool conceptually, but nothing will ever be able to fix how it was immediately undermined.
    The display of Gae Bolg's ability was underwhelming yeah, but as one of the very first scenes at beginning of FSN it's also one meant to be a defining representation of what the real source of conflict would be in the upcoming battles of the story and to cement the absurdity of what kind of supernatural beings servants were. Saber overturning fate itself as the only solution to surviving a reality-shifting-heart-seeking-spear because of Heroic Spirits embody overcoming impossible odds leaves a memorable impression of its abilities, and although it's unrelated, got a really good showing later in HA by having its own limelight to shine like a lot of similar things that couldn't be worked into the original work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Honestly I'm kinda the opposite on god hand, I feel like its partially the reason why herc is delegated to being illya's pet and 'how can he somewhat job?'
    I'd owe that more on Herc relegating himself to being a mindless attack dog to keep Illya happy. As long as all Herc can do is roar and smash the specifics of it doesn't actually matter. The only thing I don't like about God hand itself is taking multiple lives. One kill = One life or bust
    Last edited by Bobin; July 20th, 2020 at 04:57 PM.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The scene doesn't achieve that at all. It happens way to early and before Gae Bolg actually proves how impressive it is. Rather than conveying how amazing it is that Saber can overturn fate, it comes off as a poor excuse to deal with a power that was written to be way too strong, but that obviously won't ever work due to the needs of the narrative.

Honestly god hand and the GoB criticism does bring up that a lot of old NPs have kinda aged badly due to later changes.

GoB as someone noted has been so heavily wanked its hard to believe gil can even lose even with the excuse given and god hand has some really weird rules added to it now or has been changed
    Last edited by Byegod; July 20th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The scene doesn't achieve that at all. It happens way to early and before Gae Bolg actually proves how impressive it is. Rather than conveying how amazing it is that Saber can overturn fate, it comes off as a poor excuse to deal with a power that was written to be way too strong, but that obviously won't ever work due to the needs of the narrative.
    Yeah. I just like the intent behind it rather than the execution.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Indeed. Those characters just didn't have enough screen time to properly set up our expectations for the scene to work properly. It also loses a lot of steam when considered within the novel as a whole because honestly, Nasu overuses the subversion of expectations.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    It's just that the red streak on the black background is the best representation of Gae Bolg and the shards flying off Saber's destroyed armor are a nice finishing touch. I also like how quick it happens. Unlimited Codes is the second best representation, just because I really like how the lance has already pierced the enemy by itself and Cu has to go get it.

UFOtable's absurd tentacle laser is awful.

Meanwhile, on other games... Grand Order is basically just the red streak from the VN, which is good but not an improvement. Extra doesn't do anything different and is just ugly because the game is ugly. Extella and Link just go for the thrown version instead.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who hated the tentacle laser. In fact, that's exactly how I described it when arguing with my friends about it.

- - - Updated - - -

And while we're criticising, I think God Hand is overall pretty meh. Greek Myth Hercules was mostly famed for his strength, not his invulnerability. The Twelve Labors were a penance he had to do on orders from his cousin king Eurystheas, not just heroic exploits. Sure, giving him twelve lives is a clever narrative idea when he's already the peak of power and fighting ability, but it's visually pretty boring.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who hated the tentacle laser. In fact, that's exactly how I described it when arguing with my friends about it.
    I don't mind ufo's Gae Bolg as a visual, fact I think it looks pretty cool, but it did lead to some weird confusion over the NP's range. I've heard people on this very forum say Gae Bolg's range is way greater than 2~4 meters now, when in reality that's purely a visual and the NP's effect still only activates if you're within the stated range.

And while we're criticising, I think God Hand is overall pretty meh. Greek Myth Hercules was mostly famed for his strength, not his invulnerability. The Twelve Labors were a penance he had to do on orders from his cousin king Eurystheas, not just heroic exploits. Sure, giving him twelve lives is a clever narrative idea when he's already the peak of power and fighting ability, but it's visually pretty boring.
    Well, not every hero's NP has to be super flashy. That can kind of get into serial escalation that ultimately makes them stand out less. As for lore accuracy, there is the legend that Heracles was deified into an immortal god for conquering the Twelve Labors, which does fit with the "immortality" angle.

GoB as someone noted has been so heavily wanked its hard to believe gil can even lose even with the excuse given and god hand has some really weird rules added to it now or has been changed
    What do you mean "the excuse given"? The whole point is that inside of UBW, Shirou is faster than Gil and Gil is literally too arrogant to even consider taking Shirou seriously until it's too late. Saying it's dumb that he lost because "now we know he has nukes and spaceships wtf" makes as much sense as saying "it shouldn't matter if ubw negates gob he can just use ea". That is to say, it's missing the entire point of why Gil lost in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

That's because an A rank in Strength is no longer amazing. FGO inflated quite a bit of servant parameters when some of them don't need it. Why is Ishtar B rank in STR?! Why is Ereshkigal A rank in STR?! Sad Emiya and his poor muscles.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; July 20th, 2020 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Yeah. I just like the intent behind it rather than the execution.
    That’s understandable, sure. Personally, though, I’m with pinetree and SpoonyViking on Gae Bolg’s use in FSN. Since Cu doesn’t feature much in the rest of the work, Gae Bolg has an underwhelming showing and I’m left to wonder what the point was. (Didn’t Takeuchi take it a step further and say he found Cu’s overall role forgettable, by the way?)

Question: do people think Nasu should reconsider Gae Bolg’s design in the future? Perhaps it’d be better because, as pinetree indicated, it’s essentially written into a corner with the way it’s designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What do you mean reconsider? It's not like he can go back and change it.
    Besides, I doubt Lancer Cu is ever going to get another relevant enough role for it to matter.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    That's because an A rank in Strength is no longer amazing. FGO inflated quite a bit of servant parameters when some of them don't need it. Why is Ishtar B rank in STR?! Why is Ereshkigal A rank in STR?! Sad Emiya and his poor muscles.
    Ishtar is also a goddess of war, lest you forget.

What do you mean reconsider? It's not like he can go back and change it.
    Besides, I doubt Lancer Cu is ever going to get another relevant enough role for it to matter.
    What about Proto?

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Ishtar is also a goddess of war, lest you forget.
    fine, but I point stands, some of the servants being A rank in a parameter sometimes just degrades the legend of other heroes, especially when the other heroes' legend has much more powerful feats. Sure Lu Bu is the most powerful man in China for a time and Beowulf killed a dragon and monsters with his bare hands but how does that compare to Hercules when he held the heaven in place of Atlas? What about Caligula? What inhuman feats does he have to have A+ rank in STR? What about Spartacus?
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; July 20th, 2020 at 07:35 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    fine, but I point stands, some of the servants being A rank in a parameter sometimes just degrades the legend of other heroes, especially when the other heroes' legend has much more powerful feats. Sure Lu Bu is the most powerful man in China for a time and Beowulf killed a dragon and monsters with his bare hands but how does that compare to Hercules when he held the heaven in place of Atlas? What about Caligula? What inhuman feats does he have to have A+ rank in STR? What about Spartacus?
    Servant Containers cannot reproduce the greater heroes in their full glory, while giving a boost to the lesser heroes so they stand a chance.
    Caligula is really odd tho, I'm guessing it's all Mad Enhancement (and maybe Imperial Privilege) backing him... I mean, mechanically all his three active skills serve to boost damage, afterall.

And, well, only A++ STR/END is explicitly said to be inhuman, and thus reserved for the likes of Asterios or Gorgon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    What about Proto?
    Doesn't his Master prevent him from using the real one?

Honestly I feel like the servant container thing is only kinda dwelted upon now, like have we ever had a decent comparison outside of 'they can do more beamu while alive' and 'they would have all there weapons', Like we still take out giga god beings who are flat out gods with some compatability.
    Feels like like the strength gap was overstated?

Actually doesnt surtr just flat out break that rule, he was able to fit in a container while alive.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Siegfried has a dragon reactor that get's nerfed when he's a Servant so yeah? And that's ignoring the top tier Indian heroes as well who had far more than what they show as Servants (in Ash's case he didn't even get the Chakra while alive). Besides, this only really goes for the older heroes, as newer ones get buffed like Shakespeare, or Babbage's RM.

Don't see what bringing up Surtr does.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So whats everyones favorite NP? or NPs

Can be for any reason honestly, aesthetic, affect, history ect.

Kazikeli is up there, LoD is as well, balmung i like aesthetically though it being another beam sword is eh.

You can also say what NPs you hate as well
    極死·七夜
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.