Page 101 of 367 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 7330

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wait, so basically any Caster (unless they're like Geronimo or Babbage and fight physically too) is acceptable then? This prompt is a lot looser than I thought in that case...
    That's a fair point. I couldn't really find a definitive argument in favor for or against allowing magical attacks so in the end I decided to allow it, in the interests of encouraging high participation.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Hammurabi

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/felicemel...ades-280334308

Humanity. Flawed, imperfect. That is why the law is needed. It is not to make humans perfect; it is to allow humans to live as the imperfect beings they are. The law does not restrain us; it guides us.

True Name: Hammurabi
    Class: Caster
    Other Qualified Classes: Saber, Ruler, Gatekeeper, Watcher
    Sex: Male
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Mesopotamia, Babylon
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 71kg

Traits: Male, Servant, Humanoid, King
    Catalyst: A stele that has the Code of Hammurabi inscribed onto it
    Natural Enemy: Abigail Williams, Utsumi Erice
    Image Colour: Marble Grey
    Character Voice: Ishida Akira

Parameters

Strength: E
    Constitution: D
    Agility: C
    Magical Power: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Class Skills

Tool Creation: C++

One can create devices tinged with magical energy.

Hammurabi specializes in contracts, so he cannot create any devices other than those. Furthermore, by infusing these contracts with the effects of his Noble Phantasms, they are capable of matching items of the highest order despite Hammurabi possessing a Tool Creation ability on an average level.

Territory Creation: A

One can create a “Workshop” that is an advantageous position to oneself as a mage.

Because Hammurabi possesses Rank A in this, it is possible to create a “Temple”, which is superior to a “Workshop”.

Personal Skills

Charisma: B+

The natural talent to command an army. Increases the abilities of allies during group battles. A rare talent, it is possible to say that having Rank B in this is sufficient for one to lead a whole country as its sovereign.

Due to Hammurabi’s anecdotes where his words are known as the law itself, and due to his nature as the Law King, recipients of his Charisma will always obey his orders (as if it was a curse), even if his allies are acting against him for any reason.

Governor of Divine Laws: A+

A Skill given to lawgivers who has anecdotes of handling divine laws. If the user of this Skill has made a law, anyone who breaks that law will suffer one rank down to all of their Parameters for each instance, regardless if they are in that Skill user’s presence or not, and regardless if they are their allies or enemies. The rank down lasts for 1 turn, or as long as they are in combat, whichever is longer, and the duration is refreshed if they suffer another rank down while already being affected. If a Parameter is unable to be ranked down anymore, then instead of suffering a rank down, the lawbreaker will receive a heavy pressure that will stun them for 1 turn.

For Hammurabi, this Skill also applies to the laws he gives out in the form of his Noble Phantasms.

Wisdom of the Sages: A+

A Skill given to one whose wisdom and knowledge has reached the domain of the sages. It preserves the absoluteness of one's mind, raises the success rate of all of their knowledge checks to 100%, and allows them to see the truth and desires of the target(s) of observation. With the success of a Luck Check, it can even allow one's gaze of observation to fix a revealed truth as “absolute”, thus preventing that truth from being changed by any means.

Unified Language: —

The language of ancient Babylonia in a time when no other languages existed and no distinction was made between the speeches of humans, creatures, and living and non-living things. The “Truth” spoken before humans became scattered across the world. The words of this language can draw out the records, memories and phenomena recorded in the Root, and it can also act as a powerful form of telepathy and hypnotism. Those with the “Connection to the Root” Skill can somewhat resist its effects.

Hammurabi, being a part of the era and the city where the last remnants of linguists of the Unified Language lived, came to possess this Skill. As a digression, it was theorized that the extinction of the linguists of the Unified Language in Mesopotamia - the last being the death of King Hammurabi - has accordingly caused the rapid decline of the Babylonian kingdom.

Noble Phantasms

Code of Hammurabi: Wise King’s Just Laws
    Classification: Anti-Crime Noble Phantasm
    Range: –
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1000 people

A set of divine laws given by the Mesopotamian Sun God Shamash to the Babylonian king Hammurabi, who then transcribed them onto a series of tablets that would later become famously known as the Code of Hammurabi. However, the Noble Phantasm is not those tablets, but the divine laws being spoken in the words of the Law King Hammurabi. A Noble Phantasm that embodies Hammurabi’s wisdom and justice. A Noble Phantasm of the Constantly Invoked-Type.

Whether human or god, and whether they are living or non-living, anyone and anything that hears the laws given out by Hammurabi becomes subject to the jurisdiction of those laws. Whatever Hammurabi speaks as the law, shall be the law, no matter how nonsensical they can be. Having the laws hold domain over the targets does not mean the target has to obey the laws, and nothing happens to the targets during the occasion the laws are enacted under the premise that “all are innocent until proven guilty”.

However, if one were to break a law, then they receive a punishment that was stipulated by Hammurabi at the occasion of him enacting that particular law. How severe a punishment is is in proportion to its accompanying law’s range of scope. A law where any general action can break it will inflict a much less severe punishment, while a law where only a very specific action can break it will inflict a much more severe punishment. Hammurabi can arbitrarily decide on the type of punishment, such as causing invisible damage to the target’s body, causing a mental interference effect, inflicting a bad status ailment, and much, much more.

The effects of this Noble Phantasm can also be imbued into the tools Hammurabi creates via his Tool Creation Skill as well as the territory he creates via his Territory Creation Skill (the laws are magically written onto them). In such cases, anything can be under the jurisdiction of the Noble Phantasm’s laws should they be near his tools or within his territory, even if they do not hear Hammurabi actually speaking those laws out. The laws themselves lose their powers once they are broken, so Hammurabi must re-enact the same laws if he wants to use those particular laws again. Heroic Spirits with anecdotes of lawbreaking receive double the effects of the punishment, while Heroic Spirits with anecdotes of avoiding or nullifying punishments upon breaking a law will receive diminished effects from the punishment.

Upon its True Name Release, black cuneiform scripts cover Hammurabi’s body, allowing him to become the true living embodiment of the Law and gain the “Law of Retaliation”. Whatever happens to Hammurabi also happens to whoever did that something to Hammurabi, and they will always equally receive the effects even if they should be immune to it. (For example, cutting off Hammurabi’s arm will also have the same arm of the attacker be cut off, even if they are immune to damage.) At this point, one can say the laws have reached the level of an Authority. However, magical energy consumption is intensified while in this form.

Code of Hammurabi: Sage King’s ■■■■ Laws
    Classification: Anti-Crime Noble Phantasm / Anti-World Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~999
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1000 people

Hammurabi’s Second Noble Phantasm that is obtained by using the Unified Language in conjunction with his First Noble Phantasm. By accessing the records of the “Truth” of the World, a pure white, blank texture expands from the ground Hammurabi stands on where nothing but himself and those nearby him - living things with intelligence - exists. An ability falsely similar to a Reality Marble. A place where a single Truth of the World is revealed.

By speaking the divine laws with the words of the Unified Language, it creates “unbreakable” laws where the punishments associated with the laws are inflicted on the lawbreakers before the laws actually do get broken. This is done by recalling a past via the Unified Language - a past where any lawbreaker has broken the law that is going to be enacted before - and recording it onto the law being enacted. As the punishments are handed out before the laws get broken, those laws will continue to remain active, thus Hammurabi does not have to re-enact broken laws anymore. However, these laws only apply in this blank world. Furthermore, as these laws are being spoken through telepathy by resonating with the people's souls, they cannot be auditorily blocked. However, magical energy consumption is more severe when compared to using his First Noble Phantasm.

Due to the nature of the blank world, the divine laws enacted by Hammurabi through the Unified Language is even capable of nullifying abilities that reveal the Truth, even one that reveals the “Genesis of the Truth”, for the world makes the Truth to be in a state of "already has been revealed".

Character

Personality

An intellectual person who considers himself to be the personification of justice and wisdom. This kingly and godly thought was not out of his own arrogance, but out of accepting the gods’ arrogance into himself. “I shall be the Law.” “I shall be the Truth.” This is the determination of Hammurabi, the Law King, that he obtained upon receiving the divine laws, all for the sake of leading humanity to their own path instead of allowing the gods to lead them. A human who will not hesitate to take and use those of the gods with his mortal hands for the benefit of mankind, even the kingship and the divine laws he has obtained because of those gods. A man who will use whatever the gods give to him, but only by his own discretion formed with the thoughts of humanity. He may offer his fearful adoration to the gods, and he may fulfill the gods’ heavenly righteousness to the humans, but he will always stay true to his belief: the gods are not needed anymore, let humanity take over and carve out their own path.

A king who leads his people magnificently and fairly. Hammurabi uses his wisdom - which is already within the domain of the sages - to enlighten the people around him. However, he is severely just and strict, even if he displays a kind and gentle disposition. He believes that no wickedness or wrongdoing will ever come out of the law, for the law is the light that shines the path for people to live out their life in peace and harmony. He will admonish even Saints and innocent children if he has to. But these admonishments are not out of blind righteousness, but compassion. He will not hate those who break the laws, but rather, he will try to understand them. And to those who truly break the laws out of evil intent, he will direct his righteous anger towards them and show no mercy to them. On the other hand, while he is truly compassionate to those who follow the laws, he shows no happiness to them. There is no need to show happiness for someone mechanically following the laws; it is something to be expected after all.

In regard to the law, Hammurabi views them as a product of human history. Although the laws were given to humanity by the gods, the laws were always being changed and refined throughout human history; it is the fruit of knowledge and wisdom that humanity created. The laws, evolving through trials and errors brought upon by humanity's flawed and imperfect nature, has become something that is meant to be nurtured by human hands. Thus, the law is humanity itself, with each law being one of the many stars of humanity. That is Hammurabi's belief in regard to the law.

In his spare time, Hammurabi likes to read, be with nature, and study other people. He observes people to see their very reason for existence, their kingship if they are kings, etc. And he is fond of intellectual discourse to the point that he can talk all throughout the night in debates without being aware of how much time has passed. Also, he has apparently learned so much as a Heroic Spirit that his main interests are now about outer space. However, it seems he has merely aligned his interests with humanity's current goal of space exploration.

Motive / Attitude towards the Master

Hammurabi has nothing to wish for on the Holy Grail. He has already fulfilled his great ambitions in his past. How great his ambitions are are in proportion to the desires of the people he leads. Given that he is no longer a king of a group of people and of the living, then he is content in having no personal ambitions.

Hammurabi will not allow himself to be treated as someone of lower status by his Master simply because he is a king. However, he will do whatever means necessary to fulfill the desires of his Master out of duty as a king, and he will serve them as an administrator and as their personal advisor. If his Master is a good person, he will personally lead them and help them grow. But if his Master is a bad person, and should they continue to commit atrocities despite his warnings, Hammurabi will sever their contract with his own power in the case that he has found another suitable Master to lead.

Historical Image / Character Image

Hammurabi was the sixth king of the First Babylonian Dynasty that was centered around the city of Babylon. A figure from the 18th Century BC. He is also known as the Law King. A king who is also a lawgiver. The lawgiver above all lawgivers throughout history. His fame is not only high throughout all of Mesopotamia, but also throughout the United States due to his representation in the courts of law.

In the World of Fate, Hammurabi was one of the last remaining Unified Language linguists in ancient Mesopotamia since the fall of the Tower of Babel. He was born in a time where Mesopotamia had changed from its state of affairs where the land was ruled by those of divine origin. Instead, Mesopotamia has now become a land ruled by the hands of humans bidding for total control of Mesopotamia all for the sake of mere, simple survival.

At a young age, Hammurabi ascended to the throne after his father abdicated it due to health reasons. His reign marked the beginning of Babylon’s prominence in the annals of human history that continues to last even now in the present. He took this minor kingdom and raised it into a magnificent kingdom through the combination of his administration, military tactics and strategic genius. At times, he even fought on the front lines to inspire his people.

After a series of wars, Hammurabi has laid out a glorious path for the people of Mesopotamia to follow as he effectively had sole rule over the entirety of Mesopotamia. A small glimmering star among the many stars of accomplishments that belongs to what was once a small city-state that no one would have thought to have grown to its greatest height during Hammurabi’s reign. And then, one day, the Sun God Shamash appeared to Hammurabi on behalf of all the gods and decreed that the Babylonian king was the chosen one who would give their divine laws to mankind. In a sense, it is a parting gift from the gods to humanity. Not soon longer, Hammurabi would take an epithet, the “Law King”, and he would create the most famous code of laws known throughout history, the Code of Hammurabi.

Hammurabi's life was just a small, fleeting star. It shone brightly, but only for an insignificant amount of time. He died around the age of 60, and the Babylonian kingdom started to rapidly decline after his death until their prominence was lost to obscurity, the kingdom returning to just how it was before Hammurabi ascended to the throne. In a sense, Hammurabi himself was a miracle for the people. But humans do not last forever. Despite that, the things humans create can last forever, and the things Hammurabi created will undoubtedly last forever. Even when the people worshipped him as a god, the Law King rejects himself as a god. He chose to remain human out of respect for both the gods and for humanity.

There was one childish wish he had though:

Just once, I would like to travel among the sea of stars and admire each of their fleeting presence. It is precisely because they are fleeting that they are able to shine brightly.

General Armaments

His “words”.

Connections to Other Characters

Sargon of Akkad

A fellow king and comrade who went on a certain long adventure with him.

Do you not get tired of Ishtar following you around all the time? Oh? You are saying I do not have the right to say that given that I use Ishtar’s Temple as a space battleship? Haha, you got a point.

Minos

Another fellow king and a lawgiver Hammurabi gets along with extremely well. A contemporary of the same time period. The Law King and the Judgement King; they are like two pods in the same pea.

You had many things going on during your life, but you did a commendable job as a king and lawgiver despite all of that. I would always be happy to come to your aid and lend my ear to you. Even with the matter of you trying to reconcile with your son.

Astraea

I truly commend your efforts in trying to restore order even while the gods have already left. You have my adoration. However, I am still the strongest Ruler. No, it does not mean I want to wrestle you Oh look, Ishtar over there just snatched all the riches for herself!

Truth be told, the kind of woman (goddess) Hammurabi would love to propose to, although he has mixed feelings about the human vessel that Astraea is possessing.

Gilgamesh

A Mesopotamian king Hammurabi respects. Whether it is his Archer self or his Caster self, Hammurabi understands each way of life and interacts with him casually so that Gilgamesh does not get bored and is left alone.

Hmmm… He is like my space captain, really. His enthusiasm for space travel never ceases to amuse me.

Ryougi Shiki 「 」, Sajyou Manaka

Fellow comrades Hammurabi gets along with, even if they have different ideologies. He keeps a watchful eye on their actions while also showing a sincere smile to them. He believes their relationship goes beyond one of mere similarity where they have something directly to do with the Root.

They are like my younger sisters, I suppose. I never do get bored around them, although I do wish they stop bothering me when I am clearly giving them signs to not do so

Abigail Williams

A girl Hammurabi befriended during a certain long adventure.

My precious friend. One day, let us go travel across the sea of stars once again with the other voyagers.

Comments

I thought about Umineko’s Truths that come in multiple colours. So if Hammurabi was speaking with his Charisma, his words would appear as Green in text. If he was giving out laws with his Governor of Divine Laws Skill, they would appear as Orange. If he speaks in the Unified Language, they would appear as Blue. If he was giving out laws with his First Noble Phantasm, they would appear as Red. And if he was giving them out with his Second Noble Phantasm, they would appear as Purple. Also, his eyes glow a clear sky blue colour when using his Second Noble Phantasm that gives onlookers the impression as if they were staring into the Void despite the sky theme of the colour. (Although I did want to make a play on the Japanese word 空 that can refer to both “sky” and “void” .)

In terms of knowing how to use Hammurabi as a non-direct combat character in combat scenarios, he is like a defensive juggernaut (although he can be witty and be possibly as potent offensively when he himself has to attack). He is meant to be great in faction wars where his Charisma and Governor of Divine Laws can glue his faction together with cooperation, even if it has to be forced. For his Noble Phantasms, he can use it in many ways. Just an example to give:

Crime: One is attacking him with their Noble Phantasm activation.
    Punishment: The Noble Phantasm becomes sealed.

In this case, Hammurabi does give a sense of fairness to his opponents in that their Noble Phantasm attack still goes through, even if their NP does become sealed afterwards. But his NP can be made more flexible by applying it to various things. Some examples I can think of can be as follows:

Crime: An attack has entered his territory.
    Punishment: The attack is dispelled.
    (An example of the law being applied to the attack itself instead of the attacker)

Crime: One has read “this particular section” of “this particular book” without permission.
    Punishment: Their ability to think becomes sealed for “this pre-determined duration”.
    (An example of a law with a narrow scope)

Crime: One has poisoned his own Master.
    Punishment: The poisoner's closest ally is inflicted with an equally lethal poison.
    (An example of a law affecting someone related to the attacker rather than the attacker themselves)

If you are curious about ■■■■ in Hammurabi's Second Noble Phantasm's subtitle, it is intentionally left blank. But if a word was to fill it, it would be “Void” in the sense of absolute nullity; the law specifically treats the event of a law being broken as having never happened (but the punishment is still inflicted), which fits with the Second Noble Phantasm's effects and theme.
    Last edited by Clyton; August 5th, 2020 at 11:06 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Suspenseful Silver Screen
    "Good evening. Everyone enjoys a good murder every now and then, wouldn't you agree? Provided they are not the victim, of course. Such is the nature of the world, and the Holy Grail War is not exempt from it. A pity, really."

Source

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: Caster

True Name: Alfred Hitchcock
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Britain (20th Century)

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: E
    LCK: A
    NP: EX

Likes: Suspense, his wife, tea, "competing against newer faces"
    Dislikes: Predictable plot developments, unpunished evil, his baldness
    Talent: Psychologically inducing fear and unease, dark humor
    Natural Enemy: The BB Channel
    Armament: -
    Catalyst: Original screenplays to his movies

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment (-)

The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Not having any anecdote of stealth, this Skill is sealed, its effects overwritten by Cameo.

Territory Creation (D)

The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Rather than building a new structure from the ground up, Assassin is able to transform any enclosed space into his own personal "office", reminiscent of the sets where he introduced and narrated his stories. Being a modern-day Heroic Spirit with barely any ties to magecraft, this office cannot be used to gather mana. It's only useful as a place for Assassin to write stories and activate his Noble Phantasm.

Item Construction (E+)

The Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Assassin is able to manufacture certain small items used in his movies. These include certain murder weapons such as knives and firearms. Unfortunately, having virtually no combat experience, Assassin lacks the proficiency to wield these implements effectively. This Skill's rank rises somewhat when used within Assassin's office, allowing him to conjure larger and more complex items such as boats, machinery, and even highly-convincing body doubles of himself. That said, these are mere props that will vanish upon leaving the "set", limiting its usefulness outside of certain specific circumstances.

Personal Skills
    Double Summon (D)

A rare Personal Skill possessed only by a few select Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess Class Skills from two distinct classes. It is limited only to some of the extra classes, the cavalry classes, and "modern classes" like Gunner. Under the Servant container, Assassin displays two distinct aspects of himself, signified by possessing attributes from two different classes. The Caster-class represents his feat as a filmmaker, "reproducing mystery" through the use of imagination, props, and special effects. The Assassin-class represents the nature of his films; suspenseful thrillers that induce feelings of fear, paranoia and unease, many of them containing elements of stealth, sabotage, and murder commonly possessed by other Servants of the Assassin-class. Despite having the properties of both classes, he prefers to be addressed as an Assassin because of his attachment to the genre, and "because it sounds cooler".

Hitchcockian (A+)

Assassin's particular style of filmmaking, manipulating camera angles, lighting, shadows, even dialogue and the lack thereof in order to maximize anxiety and fear within the audience. This Skill denotes Assassin's mastery in his craft. It can be said that this is a very specific variation of Human Observation and Human Anatomy Understanding, using both physiological and psychological means to incite feelings of terror, paranoia, and unease. Applications of this Skill can greatly vary, ranging from making Assassin appear much more terrifying than he truly is, to persuading enemies to take unwise or dangerous actions in order to escape from or face their fears. While Assassin already possesses extensive knowledge on how to incite fear, he can increase this Skill's effectiveness even further by personally observing the target's actions. This allows him to better customize his manipulation techniques and exploit the target's individual fears.

Cameo (A)

As a filmmaker, Assassin frequently took up minor cameo roles in his own movies. A variation of Espionage that activates automatically whenever Assassin leaves his office, this Skill heavily suppresses his presence as a Servant, making him almost completely indiscernible from normal humans. At this rank, this Skill also suppresses any kind of strong emotions emanating from Assassin, befitting of a completely insignificant background character. While this Skill already allows Assassin to blend in inconspicuously in public places, a second application of this Skill allows him to infiltrate well-guarded places with relative ease. Assassin is credited for popularizing a trope known as fridge logic, where the audience is so engrossed within a show that they fail to notice certain logical inconsistencies until long after the show had concluded. Using this principle, Assassin can envelop himself in an aura of "fridge logic" where even highly trained soldiers in an enemy territory would consider Assassin's presence as a completely normal occurrence until one hour after Assassin had left their sights. Manifesting this "fridge logic" aura requires mana, and a B-rank or higher mental resistance Skill is required to resist its effects.

Familiar (Birds) (C)

A Skill granted from Assassin's greatest work. Allows the use of various birds as familiars. They can be directed by thought alone, without the need for a contract. Assassin primarily uses them to gather information and deliver messages. Occasionally, he could use them to pull off violent attacks and assassinations reminiscent to his movie. Of course, since Assassin simply mind-controls normal birds within the vicinity, these birds lack the power to take down Servants, meaning in most cases, he can only assassinate humans with these familiars. When push comes to shove, Assassin can summon a massive flock of birds enough to temporarily overwhelm Servants through sheer numbers. While doing so may create a convenient distraction or emergency escape plan for Assassin, it significantly drains his mana, making it a strictly last-resort option for Assassin to use.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Suspenseful Theatre of Fear and Foreboding
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 1-1000
    Max Targets: 4 people

"Good evening, and thank you for joining me on my show."

Assassin's long-running television anthology series where he demonstrated the extent of his knowledge and creativity. Running for ten years from 1955 to 1965, the show featured thriller, horror, mystery, and crime dramas. Unrestrained by limited budget and the overwhelming expectations of directing a large-scale Hollywood production, Assassin was granted more liberty in writing his screenplays, allowing him to utilize his potential to the fullest to captivate the audience.

Upon its activation within Assassin's office, a bounded field was laid on top of the world, encompassing an entire city, turning it into an extension of Assassin's "set". The bounded field is so subtle that the target may never realize that he had entered it at all. The only clue of its activation is that the sky may very rarely flicker and lose color, as if entering a colorless tv. There's also the option of playing the show's usual introduction theme which only the target can hear, although that's... hardly a wise decision, most of the time, as it may tip off Assassin's True Name. Once activated, Assassin may designate one individual as the "main character" by typing their full name within a typewriter in his office. From then on until the Noble Phantasm's deactivation, the target's actions and thoughts will be automatically recorded within the typewriter. If a Servant were chosen as the main character, they would lose their Skills and Noble Phantasms for the next twelve hours, as the world sees them as a mere "actor" instead of a supernatural being. He could also designate up to three other individuals as "supporting characters". While he cannot fully track the supporting characters' movements, he can still influence their thoughts and actions whenever they interact directly with the main character. Assassin's Skill and NP-seal effects do not apply to supporting Characters.

By writing a "screenplay" through this typewriter, Assassin gains absolute authority over reality within his "set". Time passes slower within Assassin's office, where five minutes inside is equal to one minute outside, granting him more time to type and think over plot developments. It goes without saying, but there are several limitations to this Noble Phantasm. As a modern Heroic Spirit whose stories rarely featured supernatural or magical elements, everything Assassin writes must be logical to the average reasonable person and abide to the laws of cause and effect. Secondly, Assassin cannot control the target's ultimate fate (X was killed in the attack). He can, however, exert some influence over the target's thoughts and actions (The knife-wielding madman stood before him. X was gripped by fear. He thought of running away, but a certain part of himself refused. He could certainly take on the madman), which may lead to said ultimate fate. Finally, Assassin only possesses this reality-altering authority as long as he remains within his office. He cannot bring his typewriter outside the office. Assassin can leave the office to observe or interact with the target directly, but doing so would revoke his authority as "executive producer" and turn his role to that of a mere cameo. This Noble Phantasm deactivates automatically after twelve hours, possibly sooner if Assassin is killed or if he simply believes that the story is concluded.

Description
    Assassin's True Name is Alfred Hitchcock, the Master of Suspense.

A calm gentleman with a constant deadpan expression and a fondness for tea, Assassin may seem sophisticated and unapproachable at first, but that is not the case. Assassin shows a penchant for dark and occasionally childish humor, although his constant deadpan expression and tone of voice may make it hard for others to discern whether he is joking or being serious. One could easily bond with him and understand his views over a cup of tea, though. As he produced numerous films that show the worst, most depraved aspects of humanity, Assassin holds a somewhat pessimistic outlook towards humanity, lamenting their tendency to kill and desecrate. Despite that, he possesses a strong sense of justice and believes that "the world may not be such a good place now, but that doesn't mean things have to stay that way forever". In life, he enforced this belief in his shows where most of the time, criminals are punished for their crimes. Both in life and as a Servant, Assassin believes this minor act to be a "necessary gesture towards morality". For the same reason, Assassin may be reluctant to inflict harm upon someone he believes to be "a good person".

Assassin possesses extensive knowledge on cinematography and fear tactics. This led to him being extremely critical of stories with horror, mystery, or thriller aspects. Assassin himself is not exempt from his own criticisms, as he can be rather harsh on himself while writing new screenplays or reviewing his old works. His harsh criticisms actually come from a place of insecurity. During his later years, Assassin witnessed the rise of younger big-name writers and producers who added their own twists and developments to the horror and thriller film industry. Occasionally, Assassin questioned himself on whether he could still "remain in the competition" against these new faces, or if he was a relic from a bygone era. Perhaps it was for this reason that Assassin is ecstatic to be summoned as a Servant, believing it to be the perfect chance to prove himself once again in the ever-developing film industry. For the same reason, Assassin deeply enjoys watching horror and thrillers made after his death, taking the opportunity to take note of stories and techniques developed after his time.

Assassin shared a close relationship with his wife, Alma Reville. The two frequently worked on many projects together and Assassin deeply appreciated his wife's company. In fact, perhaps it was only in her presence that Assassin showed genuine laughter much unlike his usual deadpan expression. During their projects, the two occasionally bickered like any old married couple, but it was clear that they loved each other deeply and perfectly complemented each other's skills. Alma was also the only one who could reciprocate Assassin's dark humor with her own brand of striking wit and humor. Assassin's initial wish of obtaining another chance to continue his work and prove himself once again in the film industry had already been partially fulfilled upon his summoning. Thus, the only other wish he could think of would be to see his wife again. Assassin believes that together, they would be able to create another masterpiece.

Lore
    Sir Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980) was an English film director and producer. He is one of the most influential and extensively studied filmmakers in the history of cinema. Known as the "Master of Suspense", he directed over 50 feature films in a career spanning six decades, becoming as well known as any of his actors thanks to his many interviews, his cameo roles in most of his films, and his hosting and producing of the television anthology Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1955–1965). His films garnered a total of 46 Oscar nominations and 6 wins.

Born in Leytonstone, London, Hitchcock entered the film industry in 1919 as a title card designer after training as a technical clerk and copy writer for a telegraph-cable company. He made his directorial debut with the British-German silent film The Pleasure Garden (1925). His first successful film, The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog (1927), helped to shape the thriller genre, while his 1929 film, Blackmail, was the first British "talkie". Two of his 1930s thrillers, The 39 Steps (1935) and The Lady Vanishes (1938), are ranked among the greatest British films of the 20th century.

By 1939, Hitchcock was a filmmaker of international importance, and film producer David O. Selznick persuaded him to move to Hollywood. A string of successful films followed, including Rebecca (1940), Foreign Correspondent (1940), Suspicion (1941), Shadow of a Doubt (1943), and Notorious (1946). Rebecca won the Academy Award for Best Picture, although Hitchcock himself was only nominated as Best Director; he was also nominated for Lifeboat (1944) and Spellbound (1945), although he never won the Best Director Academy Award.

The "Hitchcockian" style includes the use of camera movement to mimic a person's gaze, thereby turning viewers into voyeurs, and framing shots to maximize anxiety and fear. The film critic Robin Wood wrote that the meaning of a Hitchcock film "is there in the method, in the progression from shot to shot. A Hitchcock film is an organism, with the whole implied in every detail and every detail related to the whole."

After a brief lull of commercial success in the late 1940s, Hitchcock returned to form with Strangers on a Train (1951) and Dial M For Murder (1954). By 1960 Hitchcock had directed four films often ranked among the greatest of all time: Rear Window (1954), Vertigo (1958), North by Northwest (1959), and Psycho (1960), the first and last of these garnering him Best Director nominations. In 2012, Vertigo replaced Orson Welles's Citizen Kane (1941) as the British Film Institute's greatest film ever made based on its world-wide poll of hundreds of film critics. By 2018 eight of his films had been selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry, including his personal favorite, Shadow of a Doubt (1943). He received the BAFTA Fellowship in 1971, the AFI Life Achievement Award in 1979 and was knighted in December that year, four months before he died.

Relationships

Ed Gein:
    "The madman who inspired Psycho... He's every bit as vile as the book made him out to be."

Gilles de Rais, Jack the Ripper, Liu Pengli:
    "The depravity of humans truly know no bounds. They make good ideas for my stories, but make no mistake; even I take care to distance myself from my source materials. Their actions must be held in contempt."

Sigmund Freud:
    "Ah, Dr. Freud, your works inspired quite a few of my films! On that note, perhaps you could take a look at these screenplays for my next project. I'd certainly love to hear your input."

Alcina:
    "Ohoho, what's that, young lady? You have a penchant for writing as well? Hmm, not bad, but I feel like our genres are fundamentally different. Romance just isn't my thing, you see... not as long as Alma's not here, at least."

Semiramis, Nikola Tesla, B.F. Skinner:
    "So you've worked with birds as well, huh... Yes, yes, we can work with this. I might need your assistance for an upcoming project of mine..."

BB:
    "No, no, you call that entertainment!? That's just your personal excuse to inflict pain upon others! And the scares! It's far too blatant and low-effort, relying too much on short-term shock value and your "sadistic kouhai" schtick! I swear, if it weren't for you hosting it, the BB channel would've gone up in flames ages ago! ...I guess some people really are into that."

Alma Reville:
    "Alma, my lifelong partner and companion! I see you're here too. I missed you, dear."
    "Me too, dear. I see the Throne couldn't cure that baldness of yours."
    "Oof, you sure know where to twist the knife, don't you?"
    "Yes, yes, between the vitals, hit them where it hurts. I learned those from your screenplays, you know."
    "Ahaha, as sharp as ever, I see. Well, what are we waiting for? We should get started on our next project! I hope you haven't gotten bored of working with your dear old husband yet."

Creator's Notes
    Finally done with this entry. He's pretty much a horror-oriented Shakespeare all-around. His strategy in a standard HGW just involves waiting around until there was only 2-3 participants left, then observing his target enough to unleash his NP upon them. His NP is pretty on-the-nose, befitting of most writers (and movie producers in his case), it's hard to think of anything else not involving some illusion or bounded field/reality marble whisking the target to his story. Hopefully I could still make it interesting without being too severely OP. Overall, enjoy.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 3rd, 2020 at 05:15 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would a Servant who does have a direct-attack Noble Phantasm but would never use it normally because it goes against their nonviolent philosophy, and instead uses their persuasion/manipulation abilities (that comprise the bulk of their Skillset) qualify? Or does any direct-attack methods at all disqualify the Servant, even if that's not part of their normal repertoire?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would a Servant who does have a direct-attack Noble Phantasm but would never use it normally because it goes against their nonviolent philosophy, and instead uses their persuasion/manipulation abilities (that comprise the bulk of their Skillset) qualify? Or does any direct-attack methods at all disqualify the Servant, even if that's not part of their normal repertoire?
    do you mean example wise projectile based ones as magical attacks are allowed ? and you mean noblephantasm that are similar to Vlads relation to Legend of Dracula >one they would under normal circumstances never use or activate Right ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like trying to bend the rules tbh. I think being a pacifist is too different from just not having a trump card to attack with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    do you mean example wise projectile based ones as magical attacks are allowed ? and you mean noblephantasm that are similar to Vlads relation to Legend of Dracula >one they would under normal circumstances never use or activate Right ?
    Yeah, his NP is pretty directly inspired by Vlad's Legend Of Dracula, complete with the Servant's attitude towards it. Really his nonviolent Skill and NP set is pretty complete on its own, I just figure storyline-wise it'd work better for the character to have one desperate last resort he can use when pushed into a corner by foes who continually reject his entreaties.

Blog Entries
    That feels like an attempt to get under the restrictions, tbh. I'd rather you didn't.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    That feels like an attempt to get under the restrictions, tbh. I'd rather you didn't.
    That's fair enough. Thanks for answering promptly. I don't want to discard that NP, so I guess I'll just either come up with a different second entry or just stick with the one I have. Not like I always need to have two entries or anything.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    Identity: Victor Lustig
    Source: Historical fact
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 171 cm
    Weight: 68 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    NP: E

Skills
    Class skills

Item Construction (Fraudulent): C
    A narrowed variant of Item Construction (Fake), which is given to Casters that lack the ability to create anything magical. Given enough time, information, and materials, Lustig can make “Lustig money”, which is simply counterfeited cash. This applies to any known currency, from dollars to rupees.

Territory Creation: D
    Lustig’s territory isn’t a workshop or even a studio. Instead, he creates “safe deposit boxes”, where he treasures the profits from his businesses. Only he knows the location of every single box, and he won’t say a word about them even to his own Master.

Personal skills

Golden Rule (Swindle): C+
    The capacity to amass a fortune through cons and scams. An unconventional form of Golden Rule that benefits from the wealth of a third party to increase the own. It has the disadvantage of not attracting money naturally, but it’s compensated with an improvement of its effects when one possesses great oratory skills.

Ten Commandments for Con Men: EX
    The peak of the skill Art of the Scam. A series of ten rules that any good scammer should follow and that are said to have been written by Victor Lustig himself. Those are:

1. Be a patient listener.
    2. Never look bored.
    3. Wait for the other person to reveal their political views, then agree with them.
    4. Let the other person reveal their religious views, then agree with them.
    5. Hint at sex talk, but don’t follow unless the other person is interested.
    6. Never discuss illness, unless some special concern is shown.
    7. Never pry into other person’s circumstances.
    8. Never boast.
    9. Never be untidy.
    10. Never get drunk.

The more tightly Lustig abides by these rules, the higher the probabilities of bypassing checks regarding persuasion and deceit become. If he follows them to the letter, any interaction with him becomes a sort of mental attack on the opposing party, and his presence can’t be detected as hostile.

Scapegoat: E-
    Dirty tricks and cunning tactics that involve sacrificing allies and have one’s own survival as the top priority. If he feels obliged to do so, Lustig won’t doubt in claiming that the person next to him is responsible for his crimes. However, there’s still a probability of him getting caught anyways, making this skill just an unorthodox way to buy time and make a clean escape.

Noble Phantasm
    Sale of Eiffel
    A filthy act at a reasonable price

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: Size of the replica
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Lustig’s most notorious deed as a con artist, the scam of selling the Eiffel Tower. It apparently manifests as a replica of the worldwide famous monument, reduced for convenience to a less noticeable size. At most, the tower can reach 30 meters of height, though it usually appears as 10 meters tall. The dimensions are shifted according to the scenario in which the tower is deployed so it doesn’t stand out too much. Despite it being settled on the ground, the tower doesn’t absorb mana from the surroundings and its maintenance cost becomes extensive over time, even though Lustig is a cheap Servant to maintain due to his lack of combat attitude.

As a Noble Phantasm, the Eiffel Tower could potentially exert a significant control over the fame of Servants in a Holy Grail War, but that isn’t the usage Lustig gives to his replica. Instead, he uses it as a product for him to sell. That means, he will put his abilities as a scammer into practice to transfer ownership of the so-called Eiffel Tower to another Servant, in exchange for what Lustig considers an acceptable payment. Once the tower is sold, it will belong to the buyer, with the consequent burden in the mana cost of its new owner.

If by any chance Lustig were to own the tower after selling it once, or if it was destroyed, he can repeat this procedure a second time, but only one tower can be deployed at a time. In total, this Noble Phantasm can only be used twice in a Holy Grail War.

Rumanian Money Box
    Twice the money for only some money

Type: Anti-Wealth
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

“The first money duplicator ever made”, as it was sold by Lustig himself. A box with two slots in opposite sides and a few gauges, dials, and buttons glued on its surface. According to Lustig, it could perfectly duplicate any bill introduced in the slot, but it took 6 hours for the duplicate to come out. After six hours passed, Lustig would fidget with the mechanisms of the box and take out the ‘printed’ note, then take the mark to a bank to verify that it’s a genuine bill.

Of course, this wonderful gadget that looks like something Doraemon would pull out from his 4-dimensional pocket isn’t a true money duplicator. Before showing it to his mark, Lustig always made sure to put some bills inside, and those bills were the ones that came out after the ‘duplication’ was over. Once there weren’t any more bills, the machine stopped to work.

Taking Lustig’s word of it being the first machine able to duplicate money, the Romanian Money Box has become a Noble Phantasm able to copy any form of cash that is introduced inside it. Its capacity has augmented to the point of its insides becoming a sort of pocket dimension able to store unimaginable amounts of money inside, but the duplication will still take 6 hours to finish. However, being the possession of a swindler, these improvements were destined to become part of a scam as well. If one introduces gold ingots, pyrite will come out. Put gemstones and it will give colored glass. And of course, give money and receive the worthless Lustig cash.

Summarizing, this Noble Phantasm is only designed to lure fool riches and get their money, either by selling it to them or by running away with it after they poured their fortune without thinking it twice.

Character
    Personality

An unscrupulous man that disregards things like ethics or morals in favor of profit. Anything is valid as long as he gets money, and deceit is always the first trick he resorts to. The only rules he follows are the ones that he himself made, and even so there are times when he wants to test his limits and bends them in his favor. Completely unreliable as a Servant and as a person.

Lustig is greatly confident in his abilities as a scammer, though he usually isn’t arrogant. If he says he’s one of the best men at his business, it’s because he actually is. That said, he has the tendency to get carried away when things are going too well for him. He’s aware of this weakness of him, and is working to get rid of it, though with little results. Being summoned in a place where treasures and wealth far beyond imagination are in front of his eyes, his motivation is higher than ever. Whether it’s a lucky hero with a rare jewel or an emperor with half the gold of a continent, he’ll do his best to scam them and get some of their riches.

Cons aside, Lustig enjoys gambling when taking a break from his work. Maybe he enjoys it too much and he has an addiction, but he’ll naturally refuse to admit it. He seems to love anything that is high-risk high-reward, both in and outside the job.

Treatment with the Master

Lustig treats his Master as an accomplice that collaborates with his scams, even if they refuse to do so. He will encourage them from time to time to cooperate with him, making offers that may result hard to refuse if one’s not strong-willed enough. But of course, a scammer can’t be trusted, not even by his own partners. As soon as he needs someone to take the fall for him, he won’t doubt in making his Master that person.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1: “Just a quick disclaimer, I’m not cut out for battle. If you were looking for a warrior… well, you got the wrong gentleman. Better luck next time, kiddo.”

Bond 2: “What can a con artist Servant do? Absolutely nothing! I told you I’m not a fighter, I’m just a sitting duck in this battle royale, you klutz. Well, there actually IS something I can do. And that’s scamming! So if there’s someone with the Golden Rule out there, I’ll pluck them like a chicken!”

Bond 3: “Ah, I forgot to tell you because it’s quite obvious, but since I’m your Servant you’re basically my partner in crime. We are not going to do anything like destabilizing the national economy, but it’s not like our marks will be happy to notice they’ve been conned. When that time arrives, be ready to make an escape! Ah, but I won’t turn back if you can’t follow me or get caught. That’s how things are in this business. Sorry, kiddo.”

Bond 4: “You know, I said you’re my partner in crime before, but I don’t really like calling myself a criminal. Sounds like I’m a bad guy that only preys on the goodies, but I actually make the baddies my targets from time to time too. Like good ol’ Al. Man, I still can’t help laughing when I remember him saying ‘He is a honest gentleman, I trust him’. Maybe I should have tried taking over the mafia, if such a big shot got fooled so easily by me.”

Bond 5: “Ah, Master! Here’s the mage of the day! Clean the wax from your ears and listen well, I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse! Become my official associate now, and we’ll divide the benefits from our cons in a 7:3 ratio! But that’s not all. Accept within the next 24 hours and I’ll also assure your protection! I’ll even bail you out of prison if the time comes. Trust me, I’m not lying this time. I’m offering you my friendship. Great deal, isn’t it?”

Likes: “Leaving business aside, gambling from time to time isn’t half-bad. Now Master, should we make our way to the casino? I have a good feeling, maybe I grab a fat stack today, ahahaha!”

Dislikes: “I advise you not as a con artist, but as a man. You’ll do well in staying away from jealous people, specially knuckleheads with a girlfriend. They just don’t listen to reasons, it’s impossible to persuade them. ”

Wish for the Grail: “Well of course I’d like to get my hands on the Holy Grail. I mean, it’s not the real deal yet almost every Servant lusts after it as if it was. It’s such a good scam not even I could come up with it!”

Personal data
    Historical depiction

One of the most renowned con artists from the beginnings of the 20th century, also known as ‘Count’. He is famous for being “the man who sold the Eiffel Tower twice”.

Since young, Lustig was as good at learning as at causing trouble. As soon as he finished his studies, he decided to make use of his knowledge and fluency in many languages for crime rather than for living a proper life. He started his career as a con artist by pretending to be a Broadway producer that needed funds for a production that never existed, and moved to the United States once the Trans-Atlantic liners were suspended due to World War I. By the beginnings of the 1920s, the name of Victor Lustig was known by many law enforcement agencies. In 1922, he scammed a bank by offering some bonds in exchange for money and taking both the money and the bonds with him through a sleight of hand.

It was in 1925 when Lustig performed his most notorious scam. In this year, the Eiffel Tower was falling into disrepair and the masses seemed to be more inclined towards its removal than to its maintenance, as it was resulting too expensive. Lustig made all the pertinent preparations, and gathered a group of scrap metal dealers while passing as the Deputy Director General of the Ministry of Posts and Telegraphs. He informed the dealers that the government wanted to sell the tower as scrap metal and that he was in charge of selecting its new owner. There, he set his sights on one of the most insecure and interested businessmen, and convinced him during a private session that he was a corrupted officer upset with his current salary. Lustig received a ‘bribe’ from his victim, ‘sold’ him the tower for 70,000 francs, and escaped to Austria. The victim looked like he would be too ashamed to inform the police about the scam once he found out, and that theory was confirmed after some time without any news on this fake sale. Confident on the success of this con, Lustig attempted it once more, but was forced to run away to the US to evade arrest when he had already found his new mark.

Back to America, during the Great Depression, Lustig decided to target none other than Al Capone himself, a risky action that could cost him his life if he failed. Lustig convinced the Mafia leader to invest $50,000 on a scheme, and stored the money inside a safe deposit box. After two months, he returned the money by claiming that the scheme had failed, and asked for some money to tide himself over since he had lost everything. Al Capone firmly believed that he was dealing with a honest man and gave him the money.

In 1930, Lustig collaborated with a chemist and a pharmacist from Nebraska to manufacture counterfeit dollar bills. Every month for five years, thousands of ‘Lustig money’ entered the American economy, with the consequent drawing of attention from federal agents. During this time, he would also invent the Romanian money box, the “first money duplicator to exist”. This machine became the basis of another of his most well-known scams. He sold it to a Texan sheriff for thousands of dollars, and when he was pursued for scamming, he compensated the sheriff with a large sum of counterfeited money.

On 1935, Lustig was arrested after an anonymous call to the police from his mistress, as a revenge for him cheating on her with another woman. He confessed that his partners took part in the counterfeiting operation yet pretended to have nothing to do with it, though he was claimed guilty after a key he possessed was used to open a locker containing $51,000 worth of ‘Lustig money’ and the plates used to print the bills. He managed to escape the detention house, just to be caught again a month later and sent to Alcatraz, where he would die of pneumonia while serving a 20 year sentence for scam and prison escape.

Related characters

Gilles de Rais
    This fish-eyed gentleman asked me if I could bring him back his dear Jeanne, so I sold him a body pillow of her that talks when squeezed for an exorbitant sum. I have to admit it’s not my proudest transaction, but cash is cash.

Francis Drake
    Make no mistake, captain. There’s a difference between plunder and con, and it’s all about delicacy.

Siegfried
    Your treasure gives bad luck to its owner? Don’t be stupid, my boy. The only way money makes you unlucky is when you lose it all at gambling. If having it makes you feel so bad, how about you leave it in good hands, like mine?

Edmond Dantès
    Ah, Monsieur Comte! I take it you don’t need your treasure anymore, now do you? Don’t you think it’s a pity not to put that money back to circulation?

Gilgameš
    See? This is the kind of guy any good con artist should avoid. He surely has more money than what you could possibly conceive, but the moment you try to sale him something he says all high and mighty something like “Everything in this world already belongs to me, put that trinket away from my sight, and your unsightly person as well, mongrel”. I tell you, people like him are worse than any cheapskate you can find!

Ištar
    I never imagined the day in which someone scammed a goddess would come. Well, I’m not that knowledgeable about mythology so maybe it already happened in the past. Guess greed can even get the best of gods, am I right?

David, Queen of Sheba, Gaius Julius Caesar
    Well well well, who could have thought there were other Servants so versed in the world of profits and deals. Having some competitors is quite good too.

Fitting for a 20th century Servant, he's quite weak and practically useless, barely qualifing for a Servant I guess. His only real utility is receiving money from other Servants and give them trash. Technically the most he could do would be weakening Servants relying on their money for power, like Drake or Darius, but that's it.

On another note, I think he's fine being a Caster, but I may end up changing him to an Assassin.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; August 4th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lustig: This is a pretty fun sheet. For his first NP, I take it once he makes the deal the payment is enforced as conceptually binding? Can he even obtain ownership over another Servant's NPs if they were foolish enough to trade them for the Tower?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's no conceptual stuff with the payment since both parts already made a deal that both found satisfying, but the status screen would show the exchange of owner for the tower and the payment. Technically you can pay with a NP if you think it's a fair payment, but it's not like Lustig will be able to use it properly.

Caster of the Beat

“Oh Hiya! Caster here! Nice to meet ya, so what kind of music are ya into?”

d7cvxqy-7e05d22d-c919-4333-ae3f-ccb10ebd2ef1.png

Class: Caster ( Archer )
    Alignment: Lawful / Good

Info:

Nicknames: Johnny Shiloh, Drummer of Chickamunga
    Likes: New American pop music, K-Pop, this thing called Tik-Tok
    Dislikes: Old Country music
    Height: 5’5”
    Weight: 113 lbs
    Origin: American History
    Region: North America
    Catalyst: Drum set used by the soldiers of the American Civil War
    Talents: general military training, musically talented
    Armament: wearable Drum/Amp Set
    Natural Enemy: Southern Confederates

Stats and Deck

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MAG: B
    LCK: B

Arts - Buster - Quick - Quick - Quick

Class and Personal Skills

Class Skills

Territory Creation (D):
    A skill that gives a servant the ability to create a special terrain made from a type of blunder field. The terrains that can be made with this skill can range anywhere from a humble magical workshop to an impressive Flying Fortress. While normally at this rank a standing structure would be necessary for the activation of this skill, the type of structure Caster can create with this skill is that if an encampment and requires and open field or wilderness to activate. Once activated this encampment will set up a bounded field with a 10m radius. While within the encampment, both Caster and allies can replenish mana at a quicker rate as well as remain undetectable to other servants, however Caster cannot attack while she is within this encampment.

Item Construction ~ False ~ (D):
    The skill that allows servants to both create and manifest certain items related to their legend. May these items be big or small, daily use items to weapons of war as long as the rank is high enough, it takes no time at all for the Servant to create. Given that Caster was born in a time where magic was kept hidden away by the mage association, Caster did not learn any forms of magic or thaumaturgy and thus cannot normally create items with this skill. However since she was summoned in the vessel of a Caster, She is able to create a wearable Drum amplifier shoulder pad set.

Personal Skills

Shiloh Beat (B-):
    A skill that utilizes both harmonious and repetitive beats uplifting both the strength and wills of those willing to march along to it. Through the use of melodic beats, Caster is able to create a tune and rhythm that bestows a rank up to the STR stat to her target.

The beat used to keep her fellow soldiers fighting sublimated into a skill. During her first confrontations, while Caster was not able to take up arms herself, she was now to help relay commands by the use of drums and melodic beats. When she plays a certain beat, her target will gain an increase in strength that puts high-level mages on the level of strength of that of low level servants.

Harp of Healing ~ Drum Beat ~ (C):
    A skill that allows a servant to exorcise evil spirits or heal allies with a melodic tune played by harp. With this variation of the skill, Caster is able to heal her allies as well as give a Battle Continuation Buff to her target by playing a melodic beat with her drums.

During battle, soldiers can be wounded both physically and mentally, shattering their will. Drummer boys were used as a way to help soldiers know that their fight was still going and that there were still soldiers alive that had their backs. For Caster, this notion has been sublimated into a variation of the Harp of Healing skill, both healing and providing the guys ability to her target. If this skill were to be applied to a master instead of another servant, the master wouldn’t necessarily be able to avoid death with the guys skill but allow the master to fight without a sense of pain.

Mana Burst ~ Sound ~ (C+):
    A skill given to a Servant in distinction to control or produce mana of a certain type. At its core, this skill is the increase in performance caused by infusing one’s weapons or body or others bodies with magical energy and instantly expelling it. This skill’s variation allows Caster to control the sounds she makes. She can also extend this ability to her master if the sound is amplified with her amps. This skills gives her target a rank up in AGI as well as an increase in Quick Card effectiveness.

After years and years of practice playing her drum set for the US military. Caster was able to master the rhythmic playing style of military drummers thus she was able to create control the way her drum made sounds. Now as a servant, Caster is able to control these sounds even further and is able to amplify the sound made by her drums or target. As an example she is able to make a whisper sound like a shout or a shout an ear bursting roar.

Noble Phantasms

“Do you hear that? That subtitle hum drum noise? Hear it grow louder and louder and surge into a roar! Boom! Clash! Pow! This is the is the percussion of war, this is The Sound of Chickamunga

The Sound of Chickamunga
    Heart Beat of the War God
    Anti-Army Noble Phantasm (D+)
    Targets: 1-100
    The job of a Drummer boy during war is no simple feat. The ability to play certain drum beats while in such a pressure filled situation is one thing but the ability to create a sound loud enough to be heard over both cannon and fun fire is something else. During the use of Drummer Boys in the military, their sound would grow to be synonymous with the sounds of explosions due to the similarity in the volume of sound produced in order to be heard.

The sublimation of the myth sound created by the drums of war drummers being similar to that of explosions due to their volume. With this Noble Phantasm, Caster is able to play beats through her amps and create explosions at the points where that sound reverberates off of. Caster normally prefers to create waves of explosions with this attack rather than focused sound blasts.

Within the Fate/ Grand Order Mobile game, this Noble Phantasm applies Heavy DEF ignoring damage on multiple enemies leaving them with a chance to be stunned after hit.

Background

Caster’s true name is that of the Drummer of Chickamunga, John Klem. Born with the desire to fight for her country, Caster attempted to enlist in the northern United States Army during the civil war at the age of nine. Doing so caused many to think that she had some death wish or did not understand what going to war meant as a child of her age could never comprehend the terrors and atrocities that comes with it. Caster, though did understand and wanted to fight not because war was fun or cool but because of her desire and burning passion to serve his country.
    At first, Caster was denied again and again by multiple companies but after sometime of looking, she was able to enlist with an infantry group as their drummer boy. While Caster has grander ideas of fighting for her country, he saw this position as a step into the military.
    At Caster’s first confrontation with the Southern Confederate Army, her fellow soldiers reported that they were able to continually fight harder and harder the more they heard the beat of Caster’s drum, some reporting that their bodies moved on their own when their heard his beat. After the rout her fellow soldiers laid on the Southern Confederates, Caster’s fellow soldiers gave him the name Johnny Shiloh in honor of the aid he provided on the battle field.

Where Caster really made a name for herself was during the Battle of Chickamunga where after and initial beating of the union side, Caster with the rest of her soldiers fought back the confederate soldiers and certain death. Caster would later shoot the same commanding officer from the confederate army that had earlier taunted her by telling her to give up. This helped to cement Caster as a folk hero amongst the union army and she was later promoted to the rank of sergeant because of her heroics at the battle of Chickamunga making her the youngest commissioned officer in US military history at the age of 13.

Nationally she would grow to be an icon due to her young age and military status. After the war she went on to further serve in the military also fighting in the Mexican-American war.

When summoned to a Holy Grail War, Caster would be best used by a mage that plans on directly fighting with other servants or masters rather than letting Caster do the fighting. Caster as a servant is more suited to supporting another ally than fighting herself as for the activation of most of her skills, she needs to play a beat on her drums in oder to activate them and therefore can activate her skills if she is in a direct confrontation with an enemy. Normally for Caster’s skills to work her target must be within hearing distance of her drum beat, however, if summoned in America, Caster is able to remotely play her beats from a separate location than her target and the defect still works. In other words, if the master is out fighting another servant and is wearing an earpiece connected to a microphone near Caster, Caster’s skills effects will still activate. This aspect of Caster’s ability can be seen as a great advantage to more brawler focused masters as they can hide their servant’s identity a lot easier while also being able to perform sneak attacks on unsuspecting masters.

Personality

Caster is a cheerful and upbeat girl. A smile always on her face, you are more likely to see her laughing or giggling about something than crying or mopping around about spilled milk. This cheerful personality can often get her into trouble as she can also act as a bit of an air head at certain times, often opting to be the clown of a serious situation or just due to her child like nature.
    One little personality quirk she has is when bored, and not wanting to directly bother her master, she will begin to tap a rhythm on different objects until she starts drumming on everything which eventually leads to her master getting made at her.
    While her main personality is up beat and cheery, in actuality she hates the fact she was summoned to help her master. As a servant born in an area where both heroic legends and magic are few and far between, Caster believes that she barely qualifies as one and barely had the strength to fight another servant let alone her bare minimum MAG stat as a Caster. She sees her role in a grail war as a servant that can only cheer on her master with the sound of her beats rather than fight along side them just like her fellow friends and feeling soldiers from her time. Always watching them leave for a fight and hoping they come back. As her relationship with her master grows, she would become more confident in herself and more fiercely protect her master rather than just supporting them.

Last edited by Perry Ellis.; December 23rd, 2020 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Shiloh: Interesting idea for a supportive musical Caster. I feel like her Shiloh Beat and Harp Of Healing Skills are a little redundant together, as they both represent the concept of inspiring people with her music to keep fighting. I'd recommend folding the effects of the latter into Shiloh Beat, so it ranks up Strength and gives some minor healing.

Also, I don't normally care about such things but is there any reason why she's genderbent (other than so you could use that FC, I mean)? Since you still mention her being originally male in the Background section (though the pronouns are somewhat inconsistent so I'm not sure what to think even there), I feel like some kind of justification would be nice for why she manifests in a female form as a Servant. Even if it's just something like to inspire her men more since they'd be more encouraged getting a song from a cute girl than a guy...

Shiloh: Interesting idea for a supportive musical Caster. I feel like her Shiloh Beat and Harp Of Healing Skills are a little redundant together, as they both represent the concept of inspiring people with her music to keep fighting. I'd recommend folding the effects of the latter into Shiloh Beat, so it ranks up Strength and gives some minor healing.

Also, I don't normally care about such things but is there any reason why she's genderbent (other than so you could use that FC, I mean)? Since you still mention her being originally male in the Background section (though the pronouns are somewhat inconsistent so I'm not sure what to think even there), I feel like some kind of justification would be nice for why she manifests in a female form as a Servant. Even if it's just something like to inspire her men more since they'd be more encouraged getting a song from a cute girl than a guy...
    well the Genderbent part was more so to use the FC. my original idea for who Shiloh would look and act was going to be similar to that of Hans Andersen where Shiloh would mentally be a fully grown adult but in the body of a child drummer boy. he would hav been more gloomy leaning more on the second part of my current Shiloh's personality but I couldn't find any good child conductor or drummer FCs that would display this personality. Nonon obiviously displays a carefree attitude so she was good choice for a bubbly pop idol servant with some baggage.

as for the skill, ya I thought that would be a main critique for her. this is were I started to run into some problems as her legend is mainly about how she is famous for being a child solider and not anything she did skills were a little hard to come by. maybe ill change it up before voting but idk what else I should put there instead of Harp of Healing. so in other words I don't disagree with your reasoning I just don't have any other ideas at the moment.

Blog Entries

Class:
    Watcher
    True Name: 1P/Halley
    Epithet: Comet Halley
    Alternative Class:Caster, Alter Ego, Foreigner.
    Allignment: True Neutral.

Height / Weight: ???
    Region:The Oort Cloud
    Source: Historical Fact.
    Dislikes: Waiting.

[Parameters]

Strength - [D]
    Endurance - [D]
    Agility - [D]
    Mana - [A]
    Luck - [D]
    Noble Phantasm -
    [A]

[Background]

Once every 75 years, she would arrive.

Once every 75 years, she would watch.

Once every 75 years, she would leave.

And then, once again return.

A cycle which has repeated itself since she left her home in the Oort Cloud, adventurous and curious on her search to see the universe and its wonders. She came upon a strange little star. A blue pearl the likes which she’d had never seen before. A world bearing life unlike any she’d ever imagined before. She wanted to learn more about them. Learn everything that drove those strange beings to look towards the sky in wonder and reverence.

But their time together was short.

Way too short.

She wanted to see more. Learn more. She wanted to ask their names.

So she adjusted her path and planned to see that world again. And when she finally returned, things had changed. So many new names. So many new faces. She could still recognize some of those she’d last seen, yet they were old and frail, their descendants having taken over the world in their stead.

How curious. How interesting.

So many new things to learn. So many new individuals to meet and connect with.

Yet her voice would not reach them. They revered and adored her, yet lacked the means to understand her words. But that was fine. They could learn if she came back. And os she did it. Again, again, and again.

Until the day finally came.

They recognized her! Someone named her!

Halley’s Comet.

Finally she was recognized. These strange beings that never stopped changing had acknowledged her. Named them as one of their own! And then, when she returned, finally managed to send her a message. How exciting! How interesting! She just had to come back again and see them again.

Just one more time~

But then… she noticed a second signal. Another traveler. Answering a distress call as it barreled through the cosmos. Towards the little blue planet she so dearly adored. And with her so far away, there was no way to stop it before it could arrive.

She needed to warn them. She had to let them know of what was to come! Yet there were none who would communicate with her this far away. And none who would understand her words. But there was a way for her to speak theirs.

{I am sorry, Edmond Halley.}

But I will be borrowing your Saint Graph.

[Personality]

A being of boundless curiosity. Watcher craves information and understanding the unknown. Though originally only a fragment meant to gather data, her exposure to humanity has proven to be something of an obsession for the probe. It wouldn’t be wrong to compare her to a foreigner deeply in love with the culture of another country.

Though she cannot understand humanity as a whole, she relishes this as a challenge to her abilities, and returns to the planet whenever possible. To the point of being given a name by locals.

While she does not emote as a human, being akin to an artificial intelligence, Watcher feels boundless appreciation for the human who recognized her as an individual, Edmond Halley, as well as those who gifted her a name and identity of her own. Going so far as opposing the directives of her originator in order to warn humanity and help them against incoming threats.

Her social skills… however… could do with some polishing.

[Class Skills]

Watcher -[A]

Magic Resistance - [C]

Existance Outside the Domain - [B+]

Territory Infringement - [E]

[Personal Skills]

Universal Bird’s View - [C]

A skill representing Watcher’s constant trips to Earth after constantly readjusting her trajectory. Having observed humanity for thousands of years, she has the ability to grasp an understand anything and everything within the immediate range of this skill. Its current limit is one kilometer.

Dweller of the Cloud - [C]

A skill denoting the origins of Watcher and her true nature as a celestial body and outsider. Rather than an individual, it could be said that she is a fragment, a probe constantly seeking out information of other worlds and beings. A probe originally belonging to the greatest existance of the Oort Cloud.

Instant Data Transfer -[A]

The ability to transfer energy in the form of information from one individual to another. An ability which Watcher uses to communicate with other beings by translated the meaning and intent of her language into something others can understand. The more complex the information being transmitted, the more energy is spent in transferring it.

[Noble Phantasms]

Spoiler:

Halley’s Comet: Star Circling the Cosmos - [A]

Originally Edmond Halley’s Noble Phantasm. It would allow the user to summon a projection of the celestial body named after him. However, as his Saint Graph has been hijacked by an outsider existance. The Noble Phantasm instead manifests the information recorded by Watcher ever since her arrival on earth. It would be akin to an encyclopedia, containing any and all information stockpiled by Watcher, the entirety of humanity’s development and growth as registered by the Comet with each passing.

In practice, it allows Watcher to connect with her true body across the cosmos and access the information contained in it. Which she can project and transfer to other beings as needed. Unfortunately, Halley’s Comet is still decades away from returning, the distance making Watcher’s connection weak and incapable of using any of the combat records or recreated weapons which have been observed.

Last edited by Wyvern; August 5th, 2020 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Halley: Cool sheet. A comet as a Servant makes for an unusual idea, and you pulled it off nicely. The "signal" she arrived to warn humanity about is meant to be the Alien God, right?

Blog Entries
    In this context it can be either the Alien God or ORT. Halley is, after all, from the same location as the later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    In this context it can be either the Alien God or ORT. Halley is, after all, from the same location as the later.
    ORT wouldn't really work chronologically though, since he was said to have landed in South America five thousand years before the Common Era, which is way before Halley's Comet was named.

Blog Entries
    'checks notes again'

Oops.

Seems like I got some of the dates mixed up. Let's just consider her arrival as a consequence of the Alien God then. 'sweatdrops'.