Page 287 of 344 FirstFirst ... 187237277282285286287288289292297337 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 6878

Thread: The Videogame News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CensoredGam...er_gongsun_li/ And this is why I hate the CCP.

Wah, horror games are too scary. Frankly, we need the term "this hobby isn't for you, then" as a more popular phrase. When in Rome, do as the Romans do... Because they got crucifixes and are not afraid to use them.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; August 11th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What's the point of region-locking games? Do the devs not want more money, or are they so afraid of triggering the local snowflake rabble?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No one does that anymore. Nintendo was the last holdout, and that ended with the Switch. Sony's been region free free since the PS3, so 12 years?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Wah, horror games are too scary. Frankly, we need the term "this hobby isn't for you, then" as a more popular phrase. When in Rome, do as the Romans do... Because they got crucifixes and are not afraid to use them.

Wut. I nearly faint at the sight of blood and needles which has worsened over the years due to my frequent need for blood tests but I have no problem with it in horror video games, so I see no reason why this is that big of a problem. Also, don't most horror games have a warning about disturbing images and such anyway? I mean, I get where they are coming from as somone whose family freaks out over spiders (I was never allowed one as a pet...) but limiting creative enemy design in games meant to evoke terror isn't really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    No one does that anymore. Nintendo was the last holdout, and that ended with the Switch. Sony's been region free free since the PS3, so 12 years?
    Pretty much. Region-Locking is old hat at this point. The REAL problem is not getting the damn games in the first place!
    Last edited by Anju Addams; August 13th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Games in easy mode are supposed to be easy. Games in hard mode are supposed to be hard. Horror games are supposed to be scary. As for region locking, ironically, Steam does so. For example, you cannot access DOAXVV on Steam without using external software.

Blog Entries
    Games in easy mode are supposed to be easy. Games in hard mode are supposed to be hard. Horror games are supposed to be scary. As for region locking, ironically, Steam does so. For example, you cannot access DOAXVV on Steam without using external software.
    Ah. Steam has always been weird about that but I'd say that's more of a rampant censorship thing that region-locking honestly. Case in point, the original DOAX3 is unavaliable outside of Asia as well. Which is stupid TBH. Not much we can do about it though.

Pronouns - She/Her

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the cause is censorship, while the effect is region-locking.

Blog Entries
    Well, the cause is censorship, while the effect is region-locking.
    Hm. I'll give you that. But region-locking can be stupid certainly. The original SMT Strange Journey was completely unavailable in Europe until the remake for example and the OG DS is region-locked. Outside of emulation, that was a ten year gap. Not sure why either, since most of the others were available at the time.

Pronouns - She/Her

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It might not be censorship but advertising. Sometimes Japanese games have sponsorship deals with certain companies but only in Japan, so they have to changed to generic ones for an international release, and the devs don't feel like putting in that extra work for another lesser selling market.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In the case of DOAXVV, that's no excuse to remove the touching feature even in the English version for SEA. Some revolting nonsense about "global standards". Clearly, you can get away with not giving a shit about "global standards". In fact, spitting in the face of "global standards" will almost always net a purchase from me, such as with Omega Labyrinth Life and Mary Skelter 2, the former being available on Steam. Oddly, the latter isn't, for some reason.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of, is Mary Skelter any good? I've heard about it and like the fairy tale setting of it but never played it.

Pronouns - She/Her

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It might not be censorship but advertising. Sometimes Japanese games have sponsorship deals with certain companies but only in Japan, so they have to changed to generic ones for an international release, and the devs don't feel like putting in that extra work for another lesser selling market.
    Αnd then there's Nier/Nier Replicant, which were two different games for literally no reason. Just Yoko Taro.

- - - Updated - - -

In the case of DOAXVV, that's no excuse to remove the touching feature even in the English version for SEA. Some revolting nonsense about "global standards". Clearly, you can get away with not giving a shit about "global standards". In fact, spitting in the face of "global standards" will almost always net a purchase from me, such as with Omega Labyrinth Life and Mary Skelter 2, the former being available on Steam. Oddly, the latter isn't, for some reason.
    Localisers really seem to hate touching systems, don't ask me why.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Speaking of, is Mary Skelter any good? I've heard about it and like the fairy tale setting of it but never played it.
    It reminds me of the older versions of Dragon Quest where the battles were in first person, and there were no checkpoints, so if you neglected to save, you would lose a lot of progress, if you died. In terms of story, given that you are on a forum that also discusses the Fate series, you should already be familiar with characters from legends and stories interacting with each other. Beyond that, in terms of the blood system... Have you watched or read Stephen King's Carrie? Basically, that. Also, because the Switch version has the 2 games bundled together, I would highly recommend playing the second game first, due to time-wimey spoiler story mechanics. Essentially, there is a post-game dungeon in the first game that does not apparently have a story, until you have played the second game to understand the story of one of the post-game bosses of the first one. That's all I'll say without spoiling anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Αnd then there's Nier/Nier Replicant, which were two different games for literally no reason. Just Yoko Taro.

- - - Updated - - -

Localisers really seem to hate touching systems, don't ask me why.
    Again, given Omega Labyrinth and Mary Skelter, it seems to vary on the localizer, to say nothing of F/GO or GBF.

Uh, neither FGO nor GBF have touching. Senran Kagura (at least the one I played, EV) had theirs mostly taken out.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Banned
    Blog Entries
    FGO has MyRoom, doesn't it? And some of the lines indicate that the Servants are being touched.

Blog Entries
    It reminds me of the older versions of Dragon Quest where the battles were in first person, and there were no checkpoints, so if you neglected to save, you would lose a lot of progress, if you died. In terms of story, given that you are on a forum that also discusses the Fate series, you should already be familiar with characters from legends and stories interacting with each other. Beyond that, in terms of the blood system... Have you watched or read Stephen King's Carrie? Basically, that. Also, because the Switch version has the 2 games bundled together, I would highly recommend playing the second game first, due to time-wimey spoiler story mechanics. Essentially, there is a post-game dungeon in the first game that does not apparently have a story, until you have played the second game to understand the story of one of the post-game bosses of the first one. That's all I'll say without spoiling anything.

Again, given Omega Labyrinth and Mary Skelter, it seems to vary on the localizer, to say nothing of F/GO or GBF.
    Looks pretty good but I'd have to buy it once I have bought an SD card for my Switch. It's currently run out of space...
    Last edited by Anju Addams; August 14th, 2020 at 01:11 PM.

Pronouns - She/Her

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Looks pretty good but I'd have to buy it once I have bought an SD card for my Switch. It's currently run out of space...
    That was the first thing I did when I got my Switch. The standard 32 GB is so tiny. Since it's portable I don't want to carry around a bunch of cartridges for it anytime I take it, out so I'm almost entirely digital.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    So I join the Baldur's Gate 3 livestream in time for the PC to pull a live intellect devourer out of the brainpan of some open headed human.

nice.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a Dexterity roll btw.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    So I join the Baldur's Gate 3 livestream in time for the PC to pull a live intellect devourer out of the brainpan of some open headed human.

nice.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a Dexterity roll btw.
    As long as nobody tries to call it "spiritual successor to Planescape:Torment" we're good.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Just saw the avengers game. Look like a mobile action game
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; August 20th, 2020 at 02:01 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet