Page 527 of 568 FirstFirst ... 27427477517522525526527528529532537 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't think you can hurt Dully at all, so why bother sucking up to him?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Some people don't want to read the VN and that's OK. Not that we should listen to someone who uses brain damage as an insult or who insults people over media preferences.
    I think its mainly that anyone who gets into this series tends to be the same types I see with Index and Monogatari from what I observe.
    They want the lore, but are too lazy to read it. Some even flat out say its overwhelming. So its the basic "give me cliff notes so I can be part of the discussion, I don't wanna do that myself".

Also, I forgot to comment on one thing I liked from the synopsis for the movie:

Spoiler:
    Sakura loses consciousnes and her clothes, but that chibi golem-like imaginary number magic of hers turns into some kind of cloth to cover her.

Spoiler:
    This is a cute and curious touch. Do her familiars act separately from her, or does she do that unconsciously? Like helper gnomes.

I will always recommend reading the vn to secondary fans. Its just a completely different experience and the optimal way to start.

To begin with, at this point ufotable already have their adaptions set up in release order bias from zero and its clear these adaptions are largely fanservice material for fans already familiar. So, even if fate were to be remade, it would be done under the assumption that fans are looking for the draw of the route adapted and reworked abd rewritten into anime form, not to be given an optimal entree point in the same exact structure of the VN which at this point is impossible to do.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't think there are a huge number of people who can spare the time to play a VN with more text than the longest running fantasy series out there.

Not to mention it isn't even released in english, you've got to LEGALLY OBTAIN a copy of the game, find the right version of the translation for your version, and then sit through hours of Ginger Cooking, The Not-Really-A-Videogame.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I don't think there are a huge number of people who can spare the time to play a VN with more text than the longest running fantasy series out there.

Not to mention it isn't even released in english, you've got to LEGALLY OBTAIN a copy of the game, find the right version of the translation for your version, and then sit through hours of Ginger Cooking, The Not-Really-A-Videogame.
    And yet people will get told to watch 30 hours of anime instead, at some point y'know

otoh you're right that pirating fate is a pain in the ass
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

It is not Fate/Zero -> Fate DEEN->UBW->HF as is the optimal cronological order of evens and in the 3 routes you kinda need A before B to understand so is so difficult?

US Friend Code
    The ufotable anime were definitely made with having watched Zero first in mind. UBW especially.

There is annoying people in both the secondary and...primary ? camps. I will not force anyone to read hours of VN or else saying they are not a fan, but i they shoult not take some pride on the fact thet didnt read it

What, I can find some fun in explain a friend anime-only the gaps in his understanding about something Fate related, what about you all?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Watched it.

Amazing two hours. Everything I needed and more.

Kajiura is boss.

but people dont explain Fate to their friend, they explain it to randos on the net who dont actively listen and dont offer you more attention span than the time period they check their tweets and replies on the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Watched it.

Amazing two hours. Everything I needed and more.

Kajiura is boss.
    I wish I could watch it.

wink wink nudge nudge

JP Friend Code
    I think that focusing attention to anime only impressions like that only hurts people's judgement in the long run, for example, I do find that UBW did a good job on many aspects as adaptation, but if someone starts complaining about Shirou again just like the DEEN days then people says that the adaptation did a poor job, which is a extremely bad logic to follow through, even more considering that history with DEEN's adaptation.
    some people just straight refuses to accept something that is presented to them on screen, some extreme cases even play the VN just to try to reinforce their misconceptions they already had with the series, it's just a matter of accepting that some people will act like that no matter what.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    And yet people will get told to watch 30 hours of anime instead, at some point y'know

otoh you're right that pirating fate is a pain in the ass
    30 hours of TV is a fairly easy thing to recommend. You can just flop back on the sofa, turn off your brain and turn on the TV. A VN needs significantly more investment than that, even if you only take into account that you'll need to play it on a PC and that you'll need to sit there clicking or bashing that spacebar every single line.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The -ary conflict is in essence the presumption that the vastly different ways people experience and interact with TM works are part of some shared skill tree with a hierarchy of knowledge/understanding/what-have-you that everyone must level up in. The problem is that it's not just a presumption of the self-appointed primaries but also on the part of people looking to get into TM, whose personal interest in whatever aspect drew their eye comes second to some overarching goal that every proper TM fan should aspire towards. Proper watching orders, optimal entry points, primers for lore and setting, Nasuverse EXPLAINED, wiki articles, collections of databases and translations, all aim to satisfy this idea that grasping and comprehending How The Nasuverse Works is essential to the experience, if not the real point all along. This either daunts or puts off interested people or else makes them adopt a mode of experience that has nothing to do with what did or may in the future interest them naturally in the course of watching/reading whatever they like.

This is to say that recommending the VN, doubly now that torrenting seems to be an obscure dark art, isn't something to force on someone asking you where to start, especially when much more accessible high-quality anime exists. Treating people like novices who must learn The Right Way, instead of letting them have fun being TM (or Fate, or FGO, or Protofrags, or OrangeMaru) fans first and through that perhaps acquiring an interest in reading and/or learning more, inevitably feeds the sense of artificial elitism on both sides. Reciting dictionary entries better than you can order coffee is neither the pinnacle of being a TM fan nor something you can lifehack into in a month. It's just one of the places you can end up in by pursuing the things that you like the most in TM, no more valid than anyone else's. And I say that as someone too Nasutarded to ever have normal TM conversations again.

tl;dr only ever drop the VN on someone who's already hooked and wants more, forcing people to be the people you personally want to interact with never ever works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I wish I could watch it.

wink wink nudge nudge
    At least have the courtesy to PM first, jesus.
    Last edited by Leftovers; August 16th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

At least have the courtesy to PM first, jesus.
    Hey man, some of us don't go for the whole "PM first" shtick, we just go straight to the point.

...Okay, fine, PM it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    . OrangeMaru.
    whelp it finally happened to me, that joke were you randomly call out STEVE and somewhere in the world a Steve jumps in their seat cuz they feel called out. i was just "reading" some OrangeMaru stuff before reading your post.

Can't say it was a random example

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Watched it (camrip that is), loved it, thank you Ufo.

Spoiler:
    Nagato was neutral faced but Zolgen despaired when sacrificing Justeaze. loool what a simp.

Theres an anime original action scene with shirou doing some super mario ass platforming trying to reach sakura while angra is taking control of the tentacles (hes not sworded yet). All that high jump practice paying off. Once he reaches her platform it proceeds like the VN with the walking thing, but the swords sprout when hes struck by tentacles while projecting rule breaker.

in general shirou is much more, uh... able bodied than in the VN. This might split opinions. Music in Shirou vs Kotomine is not that good either. The actual fight choreography is cool though, but the flow is very different. It also doesnt have that power of love powerup with the iconic face closeups.

Sakuras eyes have pupils at the end. Mindbroke de-broken.

i watched it with someone, more like walked in while i was watching

Spoiler:
    had to explain Nagato its not Waver

as for complaints

Spoiler:
    either they didnt mention it or i didnt hear it over the bad audio but i didnt see any Sakura trying to kill herself and take AM with her at the end while weakly pushing Shirou away(she did try to weakly push shirou away though)