Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 418186899091929396101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    BTW...

• Quibi has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

(you know, this seems to happen a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    There is such a plan. I probably would've already released it but julyian keeps breaking stuff adding new features, so it's unstable.
    I don't suppose one of those things was support for AVIF images? I know that was something he was previously thinking about.

Or is it just that he keeps adding switches?

I hope it will reach stability sometimes before covid-19 is gone or mahoyo is translated. We'll see.
    So basically once the Tsukihime remake comes out?

Now maybe it's my lack of software dev skills making me "out of the loop" on such matters, but if you think it's going to be that long, then why not just spend a day or three on just making what is nothing more than a bugfix release of the existing public beta version so that people can at least have a version that isn't buggy? It's my impression that this is how most non-rolling-release LTS-style software operates - they have two separate branches for bug-fixing the current version and new feature development for a future version.

(for example, mGBA added the ability to export to animated PNG back in like February, but it's had two bugfix releases since then that do not include APNG support because that's a feature implemented in the branch for the actual next version, not in the branch that's just bug-fixing the current version)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I did implement an AVIF plugin. However, I don't think it is worth it since it only has support for YUV which will degrade the number of colors possible and it has no palette support, which can make the image larger in some cases.
    I'm thinking of waiting on JPEG XL or WebPv2…

Deleted and re-posted because I made several key corrections in the second part of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    I did implement an AVIF plugin. However, I don't think it is worth it since it only has support for YUV which will degrade the number of colors possible and it has no palette support, which can make the image larger in some cases.
    That must be a limitation of the plugin, because AVIF definitely supports 4:4:4 chroma, and it even supports up to 12bit per channel making the smaller color range of YUV vs RGB a complete non-issue (though I'm unsure how the file size would react if using 10+ bit with lossless, I just know that using 10+ bit with lossy video formats historically reduced the the file size rather than increased it even if the source content was 8bit - see the many many 10bit anime encodes from 8bit blu-rays).

Now obviously inflating 8bit RGB content to 10bit YUV isn't actually "lossless", but isn't the goal here to be visually lossless rather than mathematically lossless? This isn't for archival purposes after all - aren't we just trying to just not lose any visual fidelity?

I'm thinking of waiting on JPEG XL or WebPv2…
    In the end all that really matters here is what gives us the smallest file size without any reduction in visual fidelity, so if they work better for our RGB-encoded content then go for it.

It may be worth noting however that the mobile-sourced WebP images are in lossy WebP and therefore YUV, but I'm uncertain what colorspace and bitdepth our lossless WebP images use (such as for the OP thumbnails) - presumably 8bit RGBA? This does make me wonder if working with 10bit would be ideal then for the elusive waifu2x'd 800x600 chroma channel + mobile 1280x960 luma channel images.

For reference, the "merged" images were saved as lossless WebP but with unknown colorspace and bitdepth. Here's an example file - perhaps you can tell me what colorspace and bitdepth it's encoded with?:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    That must be a limitation of the plugin, because AVIF definitely supports 4:4:4 chroma, and it even supports up to 12bit per channel making the smaller color range of YUV vs RGB a complete non-issue (though I'm unsure how the file size would react if using 10+ bit with lossless, I just know that using 10+ bit with lossy video formats historically reduced the the file size rather than increased it even if the source content was 8bit - see the many many 10bit anime encodes from 8bit blu-rays).
    It is still YUV, not RGB.
    Now obviously inflating 8bit RGB content to 10bit YUV isn't actually "lossless", but isn't the goal here to be visually lossless rather than mathematically lossless? This isn't for archival purposes after all - aren't we just trying to just not lose any visual fidelity?
    Mainly, black levels are not preserved well.
    It may be worth noting however that the mobile-sourced WebP images are in lossy WebP and therefore YUV, but I'm uncertain what colorspace and bitdepth our lossless WebP images use (such as for the OP thumbnails) - presumably 8bit RGBA? This does make me wonder if working with 10bit would be ideal then for the elusive waifu2x'd 800x600 chroma channel + mobile 1280x960 luma channel images.
    Yes, it is 8-bit RGBA.

For reference, the "merged" images were saved as lossless WebP but with unknown colorspace and bitdepth. Here's an example file - perhaps you can tell me what colorspace and bitdepth it's encoded with?:

Code:
    julian@julians-MacBook-Pro:~/Downloads$ identify hQl.webp 
    hQl.webp WEBP 1280x960 1280x960+0+0 8-bit sRGB 548326B 0.030u 0:00.036

Mainly, black levels are not preserved well.
    This is obviously the case for 8bit YUV, but I would think 10bit YUV has better preservation of black levels than 8bit RGB.

Blog Entries
    I really did want to release a stable version, and would've done so a long time ago. But I wasn't joking when I said julian breaks stuff
    Once I make sure everything works correctly I'll make a proper release.

Hello everyone im haveing a problem in running the ultimate edition.
    This is what i get after merging the 3 routes with the installer
    Last edited by Akron; September 9th, 2020 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akron View Post
    Hello everyone im haveing a problem in running the ultimate edition.
    This is what i get after merging the 3 routs with the installer

Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the game, then move your mouse cursor to an empty space with no icons.

While holding down the Shift key, open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10, or pressing the Menu key.
    Click on "Open command window here". (On some configurations of Windows, this may show "Open PowerShell window here" instead.)

Type in ".\Fate.exe" and press enter.

After the console output has stopped:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Select All".

Once the text has been highlighted, right-click to copy the text to your clipboard.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box by either of the following methods:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-V on your keyboard.

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Click on the URL bar, then highlight the link by either of the following methods:
    Click "Select All".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-A on your keyboard.

Copy the highlighted URL into the clipboard by either of the following methods:
    Click "Copy".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-C on your keyboard.

Go to this forum thread, and scroll down until you see a section called "Quick Reply".
    Click on the box that is below that section.
    Paste the clipboard contents by either of the following methods:
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Click on "Post Quick Reply".

I really did want to release a stable version, and would've done so a long time ago. But I wasn't joking when I said julian breaks stuff
    Once I make sure everything works correctly I'll make a proper release.
    Forgive my ignorance on coding matters, but referring to what I previously asked, what is preventing the development of what is nothing more than simply a bug-fix release of the existing 1.0 public beta without any new features or functionality and such in vein similar to LTS software releases commonly found in the Debian realm?

And don't say "julian", because then I'd just ask what's stopping you from making such a bug-fix release on your own while julian continues on with his ever-lasting feature creep developments?

When i go back home ill do that thx.

Forgive my ignorance on coding matters, but referring to what I previously asked, what is preventing the development of what is nothing more than simply a bug-fix release of the existing 1.0 public beta without any new features or functionality and such in vein similar to LTS software releases commonly found in the Debian realm?

And don't say "julian", because then I'd just ask what's stopping you from making such a bug-fix release on your own while julian continues on with his ever-lasting feature creep developments?
    I've been quietly watching this thread for a bit now, waiting to see if there were any new developments, and honestly this is my takeaway as well. I've seen this sort of thing happen with many projects, constant feature creep that eventually leads to nothing. It would be great to fork the code from the beta release and just implement what code changes are necessary to fix the known issues, and then release it as stable.

Blog Entries
    I didn't tag the beta release, and I don't plan to maintain multiple branches. So just wait.
    You can join our discord server for updates :P

...I guess I can repack the beta with major bug fixes. Is there a list anywhere?

I don't think I'll be adding any new breaking features for the next month.

Hi could someone help me, I'm pretty sure I've done all the steps and installed everything but the game isn't opening. I'm not getting any error messages or anything, just that the game won't start. I tried running it as an admin as well, still nothing. Any solutions would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FakerHero View Post
    Hi could someone help me, I'm pretty sure I've done all the steps and installed everything but the game isn't opening. I'm not getting any error messages or anything, just that the game won't start. I tried running it as an admin as well, still nothing. Any solutions would be helpful.

Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the game, then move your mouse cursor to an empty space with no icons.

While holding down the Shift key, open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10, or pressing the Menu key.
    Click on "Open command window here". (On some configurations of Windows, this may show "Open PowerShell window here" instead.)

Type in ".\Fate.exe" and press enter.

After the console output has stopped:
    Click "Select All".

Once the text has been highlighted, right-click to copy the text to your clipboard.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box by either of the following methods:
    Click "Paste".
    OR

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Click on the URL bar, then highlight the link by either of the following methods:
    Click "Select All".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-A on your keyboard.

Copy the highlighted URL into the clipboard by either of the following methods:
    Click "Copy".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-C on your keyboard.

Go to this forum thread, and scroll down until you see a section called "Quick Reply".
    Click on the box that is below that section.
    Paste the clipboard contents by either of the following methods:
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Click on "Post Quick Reply".

I didn't tag the beta release, and I don't plan to maintain multiple branches. So just wait.
    You can join our discord server for updates :P

...I guess I can repack the beta with major bug fixes. Is there a list anywhere?
    I think this is all of them. Hopefully I didn't miss any:
    (There may be some redundancy.)

Quote Originally Posted by qrst View Post
    About the famous bug of the inability to watch in-game movies as they always freeze in black screen (forcing us to use skip in-game movies option) is finally fixed. Well at least I could confirm it worked in the prologue movie as tested in 3 ways:
    1. In full-screen mode the game reverts automatically from full-screen to windowed mode less than the default window size & the movie plays with lower movie black bar hidden. Unfortunately the reverting doesn't center the game window content right so after the movie ends window content shifted downwards to the right so almost lower third of content is hidden.
    2. Default sized windowed mode the game again resizes automatically from default size to less than the default size again with lower movie black bar hidden (oh well this the best yet).
    3. 0.8 sized windowed mode the window doesn't resize but the movie itself plays in smaller window surrounded by white bars on right and down sides. Again after the movie ends the window content is misplaced upwards to the left surrounded by the same white bars.
    If using the v1.0 beta, then be aware of the following two regressions (these do not occur in v0.9.1, but 0.9.1 has it's own collection of bugs that do not occur in the v1.0 beta):

Quote Originally Posted by soundtrackdan View Post
    Hello. I've installed the 1.0 Beta of Ultimate, but I just wanted to know if it was possible to change the animated text icons to the previous release? Thanks.
    This might be partially my fault - I had discovered a minor visual bug with those icons when changing between quality settings (previously the icons were different between "low" and "high" quality), and I wouldn't be surprised if the solution found was to force a single icon regardless of quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by N0Mi0 View Post
    A low priority bug:
    Rin's voice icon on mouse hover is aligned slightly different than the not hover one, which results in it slightly moving when you navigate the cursor on it. All other icons seem to be aligned without differences.
    I understand everything you're saying, but it feels like you keep dancing around the entire point in that v0.9.1 works fine and the Extra menu OPs in 1.0 beta work fine.

Literally only the in-game OPs in 1.0 beta do not work:
    v0.9.1 + Extra menu = OPs OK
    v0.9.1 + in-game = OPs OK
    v1.0 beta + Extra menu = OPs OK
    v1.0 beta + in-game = OPs fail

How can this be anything but a regression bug in "Ultimate Edition" itself?

(for reference this is all on the exact same Win7 PC OS configuration that I've been using on my main PC for years now)
    It is working correctly in the current development version; both the Extra menu and in-game (Prologue OP) work correctly on my machine.

There was a bug where some properties were not set due to the incorrect condition being evaluated. It has been fixed and will be in the next release.
    Last edited by Nikki; September 9th, 2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FakerHero View Post
    Try the beta version. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567
    Overwrite the files when extracting.

Try the beta version. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567
    Overwrite the files when extracting.
    Yes that seems to have done it. Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

Little tidbit… The filesizes of the WebP files in the mobile version appeared to have increased (1.0GB -> 1.4GB) between v2.0.2 and v2.1.5, and there are 1080p vita OPs encoded in Ogg Theora…

Reverse engineering is ongoing