Page 105 of 367 FirstFirst ... 55595100103104105106107110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 7324

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed i want also congratulate All participants as i couldnt Chose to which one give the Points this time ! Though please tell us Kamerad how have you got that idea ?

and Howaito i hope to see some new serevants from you in the Closer time as your servants are really good !

(like perhaps a Caster or Rider Version of Malinche)
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad
    I'll go with "Extra Class" this time. Servants on Class Container other than the 7 Regular Classes. Ruler, Avenger, Saver, Watcher, Voyager, Foreigner, Beast, etc. You can even make up your own Class, if you can make it convincing enough.
    go nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A tricky one, though I may have some basic ideas in mind. Time to see if I can make it work.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a few Extra Class Sheets in partial progress in my backlog so I might be able to actually enter on time this time around if I tidy one up and submit.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I sort of have a Beast waiting to be finished, but I surely won't have it ready for this prompt. Guess I'll pass this time

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Foreigner:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Alexander Scriabin

Alignment: Neutral Mad

Alternate Classes: Caster, Berserker

Armament: A violin carved from human bones. Normally Foreigner wouldn't know how to play it, being mainly a composer rather than performer, but Tru'Nembra has lent him the knowledge. He can also use the violin's bow as a sword, slicing by launching blades of sound, and the body as a shield to defend against attacks.

Strength- D
    Agility- C
    Endurance- B
    Mana- A
    Luck- C
    NP- A++

Personality/Lore
    A refined and courteous man, with a gentlemanly way of speaking. He's very passionate about his music and tends to go on grandiose speeches when asked about it. Despite his dignified air Foreigner is also a man with many eccentric beliefs, alienating him from some of the other great composers of his era. He flirted with both Satanism and atheism in his works and believed he was a god incarnate. For Foreigner, if "God" is too stingy to bring salvation to humanity then he himself will do so with his music.

Needless to say, he is an exceedingly arrogant man. But, he does not look down on others. Rather, Foreigner's love embraces everything. From the wind, to the earth, the sea and the sky, the "love" that he expressed in his music was one that encompassed all and everything. He feels deep compassion for humans and the ills that afflict them. Jealousy, hatred, wars, even the ravages of infirmity and old age... Foreigner takes it upon himself to deliver all those evils from mankind through his music. He seeks the ultimate symphony, one that can purge resentment and shatter the chains of fate, destiny and karma, liberating all of humanity to a higher level of existence.

...That is what lead him to inadvertently contracting with the god Tru'Nembra. In his ardor to create a perfect symphony that surpassed his limits as a human, Foreigner faced despair and frustration. He feared that he would die without ever accomplishing his goal, that grudges and resentment could never be overcome but continue to devour humanity forever. In that moment of flickering doubt, the Outer God's voice- unspeakably beautiful and hideous- reached out to Foreigner, promising him the power to craft music beyond compare if only he gave his body as vessel for Tru'Nembra to manifest in the world.

It was an offer too tempting for Foreigner to refuse. And so he accepted, granting the Outer God purchase in his mind. From then on, Foreigner's demeanor grew more erratic, plagued by migraines and mental conditions even as his symphonies attained new heights of splendor. His friends and loved-ones feared for his bizarre behavior but Foreigner was lost in the pleasure of his work. It reached a culmination in his Ninth Sonata, known as the "Black Mass", which was believed to evoke terrifying demons.

In the end, Foreigner perished of blood-poisoning resulting from an infected shaving sore, and never got the chance to fulfill his dream. Whether it was simple coincidence or an intervention of the Counter Force who feared the horrors Foreigner might unwittingly unleash with Tru'Nembra's power, no one can know. Now, summoned forth once more in the Holy Grail War, he has a second shot at his wish. This time, he'll definitely obtain it, no matter what has to be sacrificed.

Dislikes: closeminded people, the maladies of the world, those unable to accept his works
    Talents: blending colors and sounds, eccentric genius composing
    Natural Enemy: Josef Hofmann

Class Skills:

Existence Beyond The Domain- A+
    A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists far beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill.

A side-effect of this Skill is that Foreigner's body manifests traits of his patron god. In this case, having contracted with Tru'Nembra, an otherworldly entity made entirely out of sound, Foreigner gains the ability to use his very body as a musical instrument. He achieves this by opening holes in his body to let wind through, "playing" himself like a flute. Foreigner suffers no ill-effects from opening these holes, and he can find another use for them by lessening his own body-weight so he can glide through the air.

Divinity- B
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. At higher ranks one reaches the level of a "Demigod"- a mixed-race of divine and mortal. As well as a musician Foreigner also dabbled in occultism and even wrote poems where he proclaimed himself a god. One line from his unfinished opera was "I am the apotheosis of world creation. I am the aim of aims, the end of ends".

This Skill has been boosted by Foreigner's fusion with Tru'Nembra, whom he believes to be a benevolent "Angel of Music" driving his works.

Insanity- B
    A Mental Pollution-like Skill gained from contracting with an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner Class is being able to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness or, instead of being consumed by the madness, they consume the madness itself.

Foreigner's outward personality is unaffected by his becoming a host of Tru'Nembra. He still an elegant and composed man, albeit prone to eccentric fits of rage when his views are challenged. Tru'Nembra's only influence on his psyche is enflaming Foreigner's desire to let everyone hear his music, to share with the world the revelation he received. That such a scenario would be tantamount to the end of the world is something Foreigner is fully aware of, but unbothered by, considering it merely the "sublimation" of humanity to a higher spiritual state of being.

Personal Skills:

Protection Of The Music God (Abyss)- A
    Ordinarily, a Skill that indicates one given divine protection by the goddess of arts Muse. Makes possible to distinguish all kinds of sounds and play a masterful music performance. Furthermore, plus modifiers are applied to the exercise of music Magecraft. In Foreigner's case, this Skill has been twisted by his unconscious pact with the Outer God of Music Tru'Nembra. His songs, while beautiful, carry the maddening symphony of the void, slowly gnawing at the sanity of those who hear them. Furthermore, Foreigner's playing can weaken the gap between worlds, calling forth lesser horrors from Azathoth's Court to serve as his familiars.

Incidentally, Foreigner himself is oblivious to the adverse effects of this Skill, as he merely perceives the sounds he creates as "beautiful music".

Pure Eyes Of Synesthesia- C
    The psychic ability to see that which cannot normally be seen. They are similar to Mystic Eyes in that both are inheritable, however while Mystic Eyes are traits of the body, something like inheriting the traits of a parent's body, Pure Eyes are like inheriting fate and destiny, the offspring continuing the parent's will and quest.

Foreigner possesses unique Pure Eyes that allow him to perceive sounds as colors. When listening to a symphony, he'd also "see" a brilliant array of colors shimmering and fading in time with the music. While it's a great inspiration to him in composing his music, this Skill has no particular usefulness for combat.

Foreigner was known to have integrated elements of Synesthesia into his music, where stimuli from one sense come to be associated with a perception in another sense, often sounds into colors. While it's unknown if he actually had this condition himself in life, the legends that he did are enough to give rise to this Personal Skill.

Eye For Art- B
    An infatuation for works of art. If a Servant's Noble Phantasm has anecdotes relating to music, there's a high chance he'll be able to intuit their true identity.

Human Anatomy Understanding (Music)- B
    A Skill that allows one to grasp the inner working of the body, like a precise musical instrument. Foreigner studied the influence of music on anatomy, believing that the human body itself was a musical instrument that could respond and resonate to all kinds of sound. This knowledge allows Foreigner to focus the effects of his music on particular parts of the target's body, realizing unique and enhanced effects. For instance he can apply a status-buff by stimulating the target's muscles with sound, throw them off-balance by resonating with their inner-ear or even create illusions. Foreigner can also apply these effects to himself.

Noble Phantasm
    Mysterium
    Grand Synthesis Of All Arts, Herald Of The New World

Type: Anti-Humanity/Anti-World

Foreigner's magnum opus that he never got the chance to realize in life. A grand week-long performance integrating music, scent, dance and light in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains that he believed would bring about the end of the world and replacement of humanity with "nobler beings".

Unbeknownst even to Foreigner himself this work was actually a ritual to opening the gate to Azathoth's realm, merging all humanity with the Mad God. He received inspiration in the form of dreams that were Tru'Nembra whispering in his mind, coaxing him to help release its master in our reality. Foreigner's own death by a festering boil was the Counter Force intervening to keep him from finishing the symphony, which would've resulted in the extinction of mankind.

Now as a Servant, Foreigner is free once more to attempt bringing his longed-for dream into reality. To invoke this Noble Phantasm, Foreigner must secure the leylines of his surroundings to set up a "Concert Hall" and obtain a huge amount of magical energy comparable to the Lesser Grail. Then he can simply begin playing. His music creates a resonance with Azathoth's realm in the soul of anyone who hears it, resulting in their body and mind being invaded by the god's madness.

Those affected feel their minds dissolve in bottomless pleasure at being united with a truly superior being. At least, that's how they themselves perceive it. An outside observer would see the target go gibbering mad as their body mutates into a horrifying abomination, creatures fit to tread in Azathoth's realm.

But, the worst aspect of this Noble Phantasm is that the victims also become "instruments" to spread Foreigner's symphony to an even greater reach. Flute-like holes appear on their bodies akin to his Existence Beyond The Domain Skill, carrying the same echoing, nightmarishly beautiful song to everyone around them. A vicious exponential growth where each each victim can spread this Noble Phantasm's effects to dozens of others, who can do the same in turn. Invoked in a populated city, it'd easily descend into madness in hours.

Ordinary humans succumb nearly instantly to the sanity and body-warping effects, while Heroic Spirits and those with magical protection can preserve themselves for up to a few minutes before being overwhelmed. However, the main weakness of this Noble Phantasm is that the sound is still just sound. As such it can't affect those unable to perceive the sound of Foreigner's performance, whether by plugging their ears or simply being deaf from birth. Skills and Noble Phantasms granting mental resistance can also stave off the effects, depending on their rank.

Killing Foreigner will dispel this Noble Phantasm, reverting everyone affected back to normal, though they'll still be left with foggy and vague memories of an alien otherworldly realm. However that's only true until the performance reaches its final stage. Once an area the size of a large city is affected, the song resonates between each affected individual and is uncontrollably amplified. The maddening vibrations tear open a hole in space itself where Azathoth can fully manifest, ensuing in a large-scale breakdown of reality.

Naturally this would be synonymous with the end of the world, putting a deadline on other Masters and Servants to defeat Foreigner before it can happen.

So here's my entry for the contest. When I heard about this guy's works and "madness", I figured he just had to be a Foreigner. Guy basically planned to pull a real-life version of Instrumentality from Eva. As usual, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alexander Scriabin: This dude. This dude right here. He's something else, huh.
    I say that with the best of intentions - as a compliment, even - but I want to punch him in the face. This is amazing. I love musical Servants, they're always so creative and they all have that flare that only an artist could have, and this man is no different. I particularly found very interesting the Outer deity you've choose for him, very fitting too. Of course it would make this guy, who was already insufferably in love with his own music, to be even more demented towards it. I suppose that this Servant truly teaches us that anything in excess is bad, including passion.
    (ALSO! That Human Anatomy Understanding (Music) Skill is so creative aaaaaaa. Of COURSE he'd have something like that, OF COURSE. And as you said yourself, his noble phantasm indeed reminds me of EVA's Instrumentality Project - which in turn just makes me fear more and more this man hahaha. What a great start for this month's prompt, truly... You've suprassed yourself once more.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Alexander Scriabin: This dude. This dude right here. He's something else, huh.
    I say that with the best of intentions - as a compliment, even - but I want to punch him in the face. This is amazing. I love musical Servants, they're always so creative and they all have that flare that only an artist could have, and this man is no different. I particularly found very interesting the Outer deity you've choose for him, very fitting too. Of course it would make this guy, who was already insufferably in love with his own music, to be even more demented towards it. I suppose that this Servant truly teaches us that anything in excess is bad, including passion.
    (ALSO! That Human Anatomy Understanding (Music) Skill is so creative aaaaaaa. Of COURSE he'd have something like that, OF COURSE. And as you said yourself, his noble phantasm indeed reminds me of EVA's Instrumentality Project - which in turn just makes me fear more and more this man hahaha. What a great start for this month's prompt, truly... You've suprassed yourself once more.
    Thanks for the feedback Frenzy. I wasn't sure how well I'd given across his personality in the sheet, so I'm glad you felt it came through. He's basically intended to be a guy who genuinely means well but is so overwhelmingly obsessed with himself he just can't see how other people's viewpoints can differ from his own or that his "salvation" might be seen instead as a horrifying violation. Which of course makes him a perfect vessel for Tru'Nembra to manipulate, since he doesn't have any internal sanity-check for his actions or people he'd listen to telling him he's going astray.

Blog Entries
    Prelude (Please Read First!)
    You a third-rate Mage who forced their way into the Holy Grail War find yourself having summoned a Servant claiming to be of the Caster Class. The first day of the War passes by uneventfully without you encountering any enemy Servants. However on your way back home you bump into a suspicious looking man in a Hawaiian t-shirt...

"Yo! Little one." He calls to you and you cautiously hang around as he sits on a nearby bench. "A meeting like this has to be destiny, or maybe you would call it 'fate'? Anyways it'll be a hard battle for you ahead so I thought I'd lend you a little hand when it comes to understanding the true nature of your partner." He then hands you a pair of sunglasses before standing up and making to leave. "Don't worry about payment, just consider it a little gift from Uncle Griffith" he says laughing as he walks away into the shadows of the night.

Once you return home you decide not to mention the strange man to Caster, but instead while he is occupied playing with his harp, decide to put on the sunglasses and observe him - to your amazement what you initially saw when looking at his Skills and more have all disappeared and have been replaced with new information...

(TL;DR Always make sure to check for camouflaged text by clicking on it. But please do read the fake version first if you will.)

Caster?Faker

[SOURCE]

True Name: Geraint Fardd Glas
    Epithet: The Blue Bard
    Origin: Legendary
    Region: Britain (9th Century)
    Hidden Attribute: Earth
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: Injustice, Violence
    Talents: Charisma, Music
    Natural Enemy: Wrongdoers
    True Name: Edward Williams
    Epithet: The King of Forgers
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Britain (18th Century)
    Hidden Attribute: Human
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Dislikes: Critics, Slavery
    Talents: Deception, Poetry
    Natural Enemy: Seekers of Truth

Parameters:
    STG (E), END (E), AGI (D), MGI (C), LCK (A), NP (B)

Character

Geraint presents himself as just a humble bard, not interested in his princely title and simply wants to be treated as a normal person. He would rather entertain his Master with song and dance than fight but he will nevertheless bravely take part in the Holy Grail War to honour his Master's wish. He cannot stand to see someone in pain and will ignore an enemy to go rescue innocent civilians in danger. Overall he is a wonderful guy so long as you ignore his lacklustre abilities in combat.

Geraint nobly claims he does not have a Wish for the Holy Grail and merely would like to serve his Master in the course of the War.
    In reality, he is just Edward Williams - a sad little man who deluded himself into roleplaying his ideal life as a mediaeval bard and prince. Through a quirk of fate, he was born with magic circuits despite not realising it in life and through a mixture of his devout followers' belief, his own legendary status as a forger and the stories he wove taking root in the peoples' consciousness he was able to rise up as a counterfeit Heroic Spirit.

Williams' years of failed business, poverty and drug addiction have left his mind in a shattered state, causing an Ego Break that makes him retreat into the deepest parts of his consciousness whilst simultaneously projecting the dissociated persona of his own literary hero - "Geraint the Blue Bard". Geraint is not merely a façade but rather embodies Williams' idealised self of a hero-of-justice and should be considered a separate person. The illusion becomes complete thanks to the Faker Class' "Camouflage" Skill which disguises his other Skills and whatnot even to himself to the point that he insists that he is actually of the Caster Class. However once presented with facts that contradict his narrative, Geraint will experience migraines and great mental stress as his real persona bleeds into the fake one. If this continues without reassurance from his Master, then Williams risks suffering complete Ego Death and will be forced to withdraw before he collapses.

Depending on the state of bonding with his Master, Williams's future can go one of two ways. An Evil Alignment Master will show that Williams' selfish and destructive actions in life were completely vindicated and he will shed the Geraint cognitive shell and return to his true amoral self. Whereas a Good Alignment Master will reaffirm his faith in himself whilst also acknowledging his past flaws and wrongdoings and so Williams now strives to actually become a hero himself instead of hiding behind the shield of Geraint and thus the originally two separate psyches will merge together to form a new persona that seeks to atone for his past sins.

His Wish Upon the Holy Grail? Prior to being summoned it was "To send himself back in time and truly live out his fantasies as Geraint whilst simultaneously silencing all those critics who called him a charlatan." However, depending on what happens in the Holy Grail War itself, this Wish is subject to radical change if he reaches some form of self-actualisation.

Skills

Class Skills

Camouflage - (B)
    The Class Skill of Faker Servants that allows the user to disguise their Class and Parameters from both Masters and even enemy Servants. At B-Rank, it is possible to fool an opponent by appearing as another Class or with different Personal Skills. Why Geraint who claims to be "Caster" would have this Skill is anyone's guess...

Personal Skills

Familiar Summoning {Elementals} - (D)
    The Ability to use Familiars in battle. Druids believe that their rituals allowed them to communicate with the Aos Sí, fairies and Elementals from the Otherworld. By making a pact with them, one is able to call forth the Aos Sí through a mystic tome and a small blood offering, and then they will do the wielder's bidding. However the summoned fairies are rather weak and even an average Servant will be able to bat them away without breaking a sweat. Thus the most optimal use of them is instead for reconnaissance or scaring away civilians that are wandering too close to Servant battles.

Primordial Runes - (D)
    The possession of and knowledge about Runes that came from an older era. Those with possession and knowledge of Primordial Runes can also make use of the classic Rune Magic. Geraint claims to have access to all twenty of the ancient Runes used by Druids during the Age of Gods. However, they do not look like the normal runes you would expect and seem oddly weak.

Revelations of Awen - (B)
    A Skill to "hear the voice of heavens" and take optimum action - not unlike that of Instinct. Awen is a concept of spirit or divinity in Druidry, which inspires poetry and art, and is believed to be a "flowing spirit" given by the Deity, which can be invoked by the Druid. Once invoked, it accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Because there is no basis to it, it cannot be explained to others clearly. It is a Skill held by the soul of the user.
    Familiar Summoning {Spirits} - (D)
    The Ability to use Familiars in battle thanks to the mystic tome in the user's possession. Williams is able to summon "fairies" as Familiars, but they are not the true thing - creating beings of such a scale is completely beyond Magecraft, so they are instead merely forgeries, formless low-rank Spirits possessing the image of woodland fairies. They are able to wield a portion of the original's powers due to wearing fairy-like shell, however they are still rather weak and even an average Servant will be able to bat them away without breaking a sweat. Thus the most optimal use of them is instead for reconnaissance or scaring away civilians that are wandering too close to Servant battles.

Rune Magic {False} - (D)
    A Skill that denotes one having the possession of Rune Magecraft - the Magic Crest of Northern Europe. In addition to his narrative forgeries, Williams also developed his own Runic system known as "Coelbren" using Ancient Greek as a model. He claimed that they were used by Ancient Druids of old and were "rediscovered" by him. Whilst mere fakes that should be powerless, the Coelbren Runes' lingering connection to Ancient Greek Script as well as the devout practice of them by Neo-Druids even centuries later has imparted a small fragment of impact when used by one with Magic Circuits such as Williams.

Insight in the Midst of Hallucinogens - (B)
    A Skill to "hear the voice of reason" and take optimum action - not unlike that of Instinct. Once invoked, it accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Due to Williams' constant use of Opium and other related Hallucinogenic drugs, his mental state has been permanently shattered and yet somehow when he needs guidance the most he will hear a voice in his head telling him the correct course of action. Even when Williams' is lacking evidence to make a sound deduction, the voice still has a high chance of giving the correct answer as if by foresight. Williams cannot really explain it himself but perhaps he has achieved a higher understanding through the use of drugs.

Noble Phantasm

"The sinister spirits that inhabit these creatures combine, from the deepest circle of the Underworld I call forth...Annwn!"

Barddas
    The Tome of the Keeper of Eldritch Lore

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: B], [Maximum Range: 500 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 100]

The true Noble Phantasm of Edward Williams, not Geraint. Taking the form of a mysterious tome of sorts, it represents the sum of (forged) ancient Welsh bardic and druidic theology and lore. It acts as the source of power that allows Williams/Geraint to use both his Runic Magecraft and summoning familiars whilst its true potential remains dormant.

Once Williams has achieved self-actualisation and accepted the true nature of his forgeries he can make a larger sacrifice of his blood than normal and summon forth the countless formless Spirits from the tome who proceed to shed their fairy-shells and coalesce together into the form of the giant phantasmal beast Annwn - a huge basilisk-like serpent king with teeth like steel and what appears to be a thousand spotted "eyes" running down its body that on closer inspection are actually the souls of a thousand sinners trapped in the folds of its flesh being eternally dammed to suffer as they wail in agony. Truly fitting the image of one who rules the deepest part of the Underworld.

Annwn itself is immensely strong, able to crunch through cars with its teeth and flatten houses with a slam of its tail. Even if you have a weapon strong enough to slash open Annwn's rock hard scales, the spirits that make up its body will simply reform around the wound. Ideally you would need an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm or higher to exterminate Annwn in one go, or else you would have to find the tamer of the behemoth and kill him first. Luckily for the enemy Servants, Williams cannot move more than five hundred meters away from Annwn and it is such a mana drain that he can only be deployed for ten minutes a day.

Lore
    Geraint the Blue Bard was according to Welsh Scholar Edward Williams a Nineth Century Bard and Harpist who served in the court of his brother, King Morgan of Morgannwg. After the fall of the kingdom, Geraint would go on to serve the English King, Alfred the Great under his supposed pseudonym "Asser". Not much else is known about him historically.Edward Williams was a simple man born into a family of Stonemasons in South Wales during the early 18th Century. Bored of his day job of sculpting stone, he developed an interest in writing poetry. Trying to increase business, he moved to London where he was introduced the the Gwyneddigion Society which was concerned with preserving and maintaining the literary and cultural traditions of Wales. Whilst there, what started as a passion quickly became an all consuming obsession. Williams' stonemasonry business in London ended in failure and he returned to Wales to become a farmer which didn't do much better. After suffering through both drug use and poverty, Williams' mind was pushed to its limit and he committed the ultimate sin of an artist - he published a supposedly "discovered" collection of the 14th-century poet Dafydd ap Gwilym, which were an instant hit and saw him triumphantly return to London. There he founded the Gorsedd, a community of Welsh bards and continued to pump out forgeries as well as an occasional original work. Through this cult of devoted followers, Williams' crafted an entire metaphysical philosophy around all things "Celtic" and started the first Neo-Druidic Movement. By the time of his death, Williams had all the fame as a legendary antiquarian and head of the ultra-patriotic Gorsedd foundation, his works were even used by actual scholars of mediaeval literature.

However, all good things come to an end and by the start of the 20th century rumours of forgeries among the Welsh texts started to float around the community. After the First World War the scholar Griffith John Williams conducted a rigorous study of Williams' contributions provided to him by the man's descendants, confident of their authenticity. However, Griffith quickly discovered that none of them were in fact genuine. Some were doctored versions of genuine literature - moulded to suit a narrative Williams wanted whilst others were complete fakes outright. He was then finally exposed to the public as the charlatan he really was. Nevertheless, such was the extent of his forgery that, even into the 21st century, some of his tampered versions of medieval Welsh texts are better known than the original versions.

Creator's Notes
    More like the King of LARPers amirite?

The inspiration for this sheet came largely from a mixture of Deishu Kaiki from the -Monogatari series and a mixture of Satsuki Kurogiri/Misaya Ouji from Oblivion Recorder in Kara no Kyoukai. A forger who became a Faker trying to use the real thing but is still ultimately nothing more than a sham. Hence why I threw in a random Griffith John Williams cameo (complete with Oshino Meme faceclaim) which doubled up as a "They Live" reference. When it came to personality, I also threw in a smattering of Cloud Strife as well for good measure.

Amusingly, a long time ago I posted a Sheet based on the man "Taliesin" and as it happens Edward Williams unironically decided to call his son "Taliesin Williams", I guess that's just another aspect of his obsession. And before anyone asks, yes I was deadnaming Williams throughout this whole sheet as I refuse to give him the courtesy of his Bardic Name "Iolo Morganwg".

The Faceclaim is fittingly "Edward Chris von Muir" from Final Fantasy IV.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Author's notes
    Last month (and this by proxy) has been very hard on me for a bunch of different reasons, so I guess that I had a lot of pent-up negativity... Which probably explains why I choose this particular historical figure for this particular prompt, and why I ended up writing him in this particular way. But I had a lot of (unexpected) fun researching things about him, I even strumbled upon a very, very interesting paper on his role in modern Native-American literature. Servant-writing is also an opportunity to get enlightened, I suppose.

Overall, I guess I'm very satisfied with the final result, but I hope that you guys can appreciate him as well. Thanks a lot for everyone anyway, for always being so nice to me and my measly creations. I will keep trying to catch up to you guys hahah.

“Here I stand, the Tyrant of Flames, ready to serve under you who called for my name. A regrettable sight, truly—I hope you’re aware that it is impossible to even suffer in this world without making someone pay for it… Our every complaint already contains revenge. ——Now, Master of mine, who’s that first name uttered in the dark corners of your chest? Who’s the person we shall punish first?”

AVENGER
    — THE BROKEN HERO —

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Assassin, Gunner, Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: North America, Historical fact, “The Mark of Zorro”

Height: 189cm cm | 6'02''
    Weight: 77 kg | 169,7 lbs

Natural Enemy: North American Servants and/or Masters
    Hidden Attribute: Human
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: A

ENDURANCE: C

AGILITY: C

MANA: D

LUCK: D

NOBLE PHANTASM: A

Class Skills

AVENGER: A

As expected, negative emotions towards him immediately turn into his strength.

The more he was feared by the populace, the more that fed into his growing legend, eventually turning the figure of a simple and forgettable man into a looming, menacing shadow that could bring doom to every and all.

OBLIVION CORRECTION: A+

A hatred that will never be cleared away, no matter how much time passes. A hatred that will never, ever be forgotten. That very first promise, the vow of deliverance—it still lingers, oh-so sweetly.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. A burn for a burn and a life for a life... That’s how all this got started and that’s how it’s going to end.”

SELF-REPLENISHMENT (MANA): B

For as long as he exists in this world filled with a happiness built over the corpses of the unsung souls like himself, he shall continue to struggle, he shall continue to hate——and he shall continue to fight.

Lore
    In a macabre instance of rough frontier justice, a group of Californian rangers claim a money award by bringing in the severed head of an infamous outlaw. In the early months of 1853, a wild band of desperadoes began terrorizing Calaveras County, located in central California, indiscriminately murdering locals, destroying their properties and terrorizing their livestock. Law officers believed a shadowy character named Joaquín Murrieta led the outlaws, although confusion abounded since there were at least four other desperadoes named “Joaquín” in the territory.

Whatever the identity of the leader, the California legislature resolved to stop the outlaws. In the spring of 1853, the government created a special force of California Rangers led by a Los Angeles Deputy Sheriff. The state also offered a hefty money award to anyone who brought in Murrieta—dead or alive. For several weeks, the Deputy Sheriff and his team of 20 rangers scoured the Calaveras countryside until they outnumbered the bandits and murdered them, taking the leader Murrieta’s head with them as a proof of their success.

That story, it was the winners’ point of view. For them, it was natural that Joaquín Murrieta was nothing more than an eyesore, a filthy liability that terrorized people and brought chaos to their land.

But a story always has two sides, and his side of it never saw the light of the day.

He believed in justice.

He believed that the world was good, if rough. He and his family went through hard times in many occasions, but they still had each other and that was enough. Joaquín Murrieta had a father, a mother and a brother, and life was good enough as it was. He grew up and he married and life became even brighter—but he dared to dream.

The California gold rush was like a siren song, a promise of a better tomorrow. If he could only provide a bit for his parents, who raised him with so much love… If he could only dare to dream to step up in life, to be something more than a farmer…

And so, he and his wife, and his brother with them, they all marched to California, leaving Mexico behind to never return. Unfortunately, maybe as a bitter irony, it didn’t took too long for them to understand that all that is gold does not glitter. But he still believed in justice. In a land full of interracial conflicts arising between native-Americans, immigrants and local townspeople, Murrieta was the victim of ethnic discrimination; and he eventually suffered the consequences of that.

At a certain night, when a fight turned physical between his brother and a local miner in a pub, he and Joaquín Murrieta were tied up and beaten. Murrieta, having giving up at the very beginning, believing that things would just calm down if they didn’t present any danger, managed to survive another day—his brother, who thrashed and rebelled, didn’t had the same luck: he was hanged in front of Murrieta, who could only watch. Naturally, the local authorities ruled his death as a suicide and not the callous murder it was.

—But he still believed in justice.

At first, he felt nothing but crushing despair, but after that came the realization that he could make sure that his brother didn’t died in vain. He tried to call the attention of higher authorities, believing that they would help him and his suffering comrades, but that brought instead the rage of the locals, who became more and more dissatisfied with his rebellious spirit. But, because he still believed in justice, he kept going, never looking back.

The locals, then, formed a group of five and at one night invaded and his house, beating him up almost to death—after that, they raped his wife and slit her throat. It was a warning for him to stop meddling, to crawl back to that hole where he belonged.

That, though, had the opposite effect on the man: after this last blow, Joaquín Murrieta declared that he would henceforth “live on for revenge, and that his path should be marked with blood.”

——And so he didn’t believed in justice, not anymore.

Much has been said about the legendary Joaquín Murrieta, the Mexican guerilla leader during the California gold rush. Many of the things said about him are untrue: that is because myth became intertwined with fact, as he became an existence dubbed “The Robin Hood of El Dorado”.

His local popularity and the intensity of his life story inspired a wave of literature and stories, as well as a Mexican ballad that has solidified this bandit as a historical social icon, but no one had done more to perpetuate his legend than San Francisco’s journalist John Rollin Ridge, who in 1854, published a highly sensational account of Joaquín's life titled, The Life & Adventures of Joaquín Murrieta, that served to cement his figure into the collective imaginary of the USA’s populace.

The dramatic display of his supposed head is another event that truly marks the point, in which, the character Joaquín Murrieta achieves Legendary status. Many novels were later written about him and his exploits and adventures, even that of Walt Disney’s Zorro, making Joaquín the infamous fictional vigilante’s original template.

Personal Skills

INNOCENT MONSTER: EX

His entire figure is drawn towards the dilemma of identifying “the real Joaquín Murrieta.” For some, while he undoubtedly existed as an outlaw that terrorized the populace during the Californian gold rush, for others, Murrieta is almost entirely mythological; the name given to a boogeyman who never actually existed.

Real fact and myth merged together to create this Servant, the very shell of an anti-hero. Although this uncertainty helped him to stay alive in the popular consciousness, it became a double-edged sword, transforming what was a simple, if charismatic man, into an anguished monster. Furthermore, as a special kind of existence that “is” and “is not” at the same time, a being that exists in either side of the curse, he is painfully aware that these memories are not even “entirely his.”

—And yet, they keep him going.

——And yet, they are his burden to carry.

BLOODSTAINED DEMON (VENGEANCE): B

The mark of an improper story, translating into an aura classified as “overwhelming.” As unmentioned bonuses, not only it weakens the psyche of the target group by becoming a powerful mind attack, this sense of dread also has the possibility of unsettling enemies into not attacking, if their assessment ultimately concludes that he is a target “far too
    dangerous
    troublesome
    to be dealt with (right now).”

Naturally, because he was someone who fought to the bitter end against his perpetrators while burning with a desire for vengeance more than anything else, he cannot hide that characteristically heavy, rather dark aura of an Avenger Servant.

FLAME OF PURIFICATION: A

Fire is considered by Pagans and Catholics alike a purifying agent. The act of walking into flames to purify one’s body and soul is echoed in many religions. In Catholicism, the destruction of “bad” men is by fire and the purification of the “good” men (those already purged, pruned, and cleaned) is also by fire. A powerful agent of nature that envelops this Servant as a symbol of his role in deliverance and cleaning.

One of the symbols of a Mexican folk saint linked with “Death”, a folk saint that is revered by criminals and the forgotten is the fire, and that is also a possible explanation for a Skill that envelops his battling figure in a constant burst of crimson flames. As an existence that became the personification of a Grim Reaper for those who are afraid of their own sins, he gains the access to the means to purify those whose sins are too much of a burden to carry——it is but an unhappy accident that he is a biased Servant and considers the entire world guilty…

But in a very predictable move, the fire does not hurt those who are “innocent” in Avenger’s eyes.

HUSK OF A HERO: EX

He believed in justice.

Someone who is nowadays nothing more than ally of justice who has fallen to ruins.

An existence dubbed, “The Robin Hood of El Dorado.”

——And yet, he is sung. He is remembered by people. He is praised by his weakness and by his suffering. A man-made devil bearing a curse unattainable through natural means, forever condemned to be all what the world wants him to be and never what he wishes to.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    “The crimson flame is ignited... That is destruction, slumber, resurrection. Come forth the innocent blade... Sign of rebirth, shadows of mist, and let’s start your judgment.”

Rider of Vengeance
    L'HOMME AUX MAINS DE CUIR

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1m
    Max. number of targets: 01

A Noble Phantasm which takes the form of a crimson-tinted rapier. It was believed and passed on as a popular saying in his hometown that “a pure and just heart cannot be touched by despair,” and this Noble Phantasm takes those words literally.

By piercing someone with his sword, Avenger believes he gains access to the “purity” of ones’ heart, or lack thereof, as this is the sublimation of his intense bloodlust and honest desire for deliverance against the ones who ought to be punished. However, in this very detail lies his ultimate weakness: if something does not understand the concept of justice in first place (such as the level of pure instinct one would find in animals or even in extremely mentally ill individuals), his sword cannot hurt them at all.

Avenger believes that if someone can be touched by his weapon, then “it must be guilty on some level.” A biased view like this could only come from a heart that in life came to the conclusion that every human being in the end, by colluding in with his suffering and of many others like him, should be punished by such crime. No human being can possibly live without sin, and a dirty heart like the one of a sinner must be promptly washed anew in blood.

Furthermore, once the target is pierced, they suffer a heavy mental attack in the form of a lengthy, physically painful illusion on top of the pain in their body. A sinner, after all, must not only die, it must suffer before they do so. it is also believed that the more sins he finds in someone, the stronger his weapon becomes and the quicker he is able to execute the target from the heavy toll that is the combined affects from a fatal injury plus the mental collapse… Although since no survivors came forward to back up this claim or refute it, we only have his own words that this is how it works.

There he Shall Stand, in the Dust of Death
    REVENANT DE L'ABÎME

Type: Unknown
    Range:
    Max. number of targets:

Decades after his death, even after the definitive proof of his head being shown to the people, sightings of Joaquín Murrieta were still widely reported, and the crimes he committed still being copied in many other gold mines. For some, it was as if “he never truly died.” Naturally, for a man who was as much of an idea as it was a person, this is a most apt Noble Phantasm.

After this Servant perishes, he will not return to the Throne. As long as there are any remains of his body, he will not die and his body will, in turn, regenerate.

Resurrection. A power reserved only to the dangerous, forgotten beasts of the past. But, in reality, rather than the power to resurrect, this Noble Phantasm is merely a hyper-speedy and thorough healing burst, so quick and so effective that it overturns even death before it can claim his soul—regrettably, the power to die, but to not stay dead is still reserved to the gods; however, precisely because it is so fast, it may look like true resurrection for the untrained eyes.

This power of retroactive immortality can only be used once—even though he is known to have “survived” in the eyes of others for many decades after his demise. It will be activated automatically upon a fatal injury is received by Avenger’s body, ignoring the user’s will.

Character
    “What do I like? Nothing really, I guess. ——But what about you, what do YOU like, Master?”

DISLIKES:
    “My dislikes? Filth, injustice, unfairness, strife… I will fight until my dying breath to end all this.”

WISH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL:
    “What I want from the Holy Grail? That’s easy. A world free of sin. ——That is to say, a world free of humans.”

Avenger is someone who takes everything he does very seriously, especially his work as a Servant——because, of course he thinks that being here is a chore, rather than a second chance. The world and humans never changed, and the anguished souls of those who died un-mourned are still out there, waiting for a deliverance that has yet to come.

He uses a rather formal and piercing language for regular situations, not mincing his words. If he dislikes something, he’s going to say that to the target’s face—and in the same vein, if he takes a liking, he’ll also let that be known. But, because of his menacing aura and his intimidating voice intonation, he looks more like a Yakuza or a vicious guard-dog than an unbothered man, and what often happens is that it makes something innocent and simple appear very ominous. At these times one can notice how this Servant has a bit of an airhead quality to him, because he cannot comprehend why people tend to keep their distance from him, even on breaks, like when he tries to find a place to sit down and enjoy his breakfast… Why are they all turning their faces, what’s up with these frozen, uncomfortable smiles…

Avenger doesn’t like his job. He merely does what he does because it’s the thing that gives his life meaning. If he cannot abide to his own moral code, to that thing that makes him “Joaquín Murrieta” in the eyes of the world, then why else should he be here? If he’s not punishing the sinners who must suffer for their mistakes, he can’t allow himself to exist. So, of course, he has an extreme workaholic characteristic mindset, “all-work-no-play,” and he expects his Master to pull their weight too, at least during the hard times. As the one who called forth for him, he has faith that such a person knows what that entrails.

He loves cute things: children, small animals, bright flowers, colorful stickers, curly fonts (his penmanship is extremely girly, very cursive, go on any of your mockeries will sound like praise for him anyway), anything goes. And the worst is that he’s not even ashamed to demonstrate his love for these items; he’s absolutely that type of man who would purposely choose the frilliest, pinkest apron to wear if he was appointed to cook something, causing a whiplash trying to understand how someone so menacing can also be so… So… Cute….

——Furthermore, if something cute gets his attention, it might even stun him for a moment or two. For him, who sees the world as something unbearably cruel and dark, these small and innocent moments are a reminder that not everything is lost. That there’s still beauty somewhere else.

When it comes to his relationship with the Master, it can be said that he will enjoy them much more if they are small and cute, and will not enjoy at all if they are someone full of grey areas…

Yet, as long as the Master abides to his reasoning and his torturous path as a justice vigilante, and won’t try to stop him, this pair will not have problems. Avenger is also a surprisingly skilled housekeeper, so his Master won’t have to worry about providing for another human being while he’s there, nor worry about calling for delivery food! As if he’d allow his Master to eat unhealthy!

(Good luck trying to live with his overbearing and gloomy aura, though…)

Relationship with other Servants
    Avenger
    ANTONIO SALIERI

*GLAAARES* … Huh? Hey, Master. What am I doing burning holes in his back of his head with my eyes? —So is that what it looked like?... ——"Anyway, what I’m doing?” Did you know that guy’s blessed by the Grim Reaper too? And here I was, thinking I was the only one.

Ruler
    ASTRAEA

Justice is not a glimmering scale, nor a beautiful starry night. You’re nothing but a farce, a small child playing pretend. Justice is a heavy and arduous road and revenge is a thorny forest that will end in two graves. Small emotions from small individuals, such as humans… No god has the right to judge what they don’t understand. Step back.

Lancer
    UTSUMI ERICE

So you’re the famous “Grim Reaper” who hunts Servants down. You must be the target of much dissatisfaction… Yes, indeed, I can feel the energy of one thousand grudges coming from you. They sing to me, so sweetly… You must be quite the delightful target for judgment yourself, I’m itching to go... ——But out of respect for our Master, I shall step back today.

Archer
    NIKOLA TESLA

You… Let’s start your judgment.

Caster
    THOMAS EDISON

Today, you’re my prey. Prepare yourself.

Foreigner
    ABIGAIL WILLIAMS

Filthy… What a filthy soul you have. Pray to whoever is the god residing inside of your eyes, little one, because this is the time of your judgment.

Archer
    ROBIN HOOD

*Smiles* —Yes. If I’m still being compared to him by people, then I’m relieved to know this is my legacy.

Caster/Archer
    ILLYA
    ——Eh? Nothing. I said nothing, Master. I most definitely didn’t said “cute” right now.

Rider/Caster
    MARIE ANTOINETTE

I don’t understand. Don’t you hate those who trampled your honor and desecrated your body? Don’t you wish for deliverance? ——No, you don’t? “You’re happy, as long as they’re also happy”? What a beautiful dream, that must be. And yet a dream is still a dream… I hope you wake up from this sweet lie soon.

Extra (Craft Essence)

The world was bright and forgiving one day.
    A garden full of wonders, a delectable paradise where anything could happen as long one wished enough.
    There were once things worth protecting.
    Fields abundant with flowers and the chirping of birds. Sunlight touching fingertips.

—A place where to return.
    —A smile fading, slowly but surely...

He cannot remember that face no more, nor that voice or the feeling of those hands against his skin.
    He cannot remember if those are even his memories, or those inherited by the abyss of his existence.
    All what remained in his grasp was a scarlet remembrance.
    Even the love he was so certain he felt, sometime, somewhere, that very thing that moved his body forward, looks more and more like a worn-out blank page.

This world, a filthy world that took that smile from him. That turned dreams into ashes…
    This world, a filthy world that cruelly took the warmth of that precious memory from his heart…
    This world, a filthy world that turned him into a monster without his consent…
    Slowly, but surely——
    He will end it——

Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; October 4th, 2020 at 03:09 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Murrieta: Dang, this is a solid sheet. I've seen Joaquin sheets before but usually as a typical gunslinger anti-hero dude, whereas you really crafted a unique take on him. His backstory is really well-written, and the "fallen hero of justice" idea is a neat take on the Avenger Class. One thing I'm curious about is, why are his NPs in French? Since Joaquin was a Mexican-American figure it seems to me like his NPs would either be named in Spanish or just English. I don't get why French, though they do sound cool. Maybe it's just because one of the prominent adaptations of his legend was French or something, but I'm just curious...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Murrieta: Dang, this is a solid sheet. I've seen Joaquin sheets before but usually as a typical gunslinger anti-hero dude, whereas you really crafted a unique take on him. His backstory is really well-written, and the "fallen hero of justice" idea is a neat take on the Avenger Class. One thing I'm curious about is, why are his NPs in French? Since Joaquin was a Mexican-American figure it seems to me like his NPs would either be named in Spanish or just English. I don't get why French, though they do sound cool. Maybe it's just because one of the prominent adaptations of his legend was French or something, but I'm just curious...
    Aww Royd, thank you very much! I'm always super honored when veterans like you praise these sheets, it means a lot, really. I'm glad I could provide a new take on this figure, because holly molly he deserves that. He's a very interesting individual and I just wanted to make a Servant that could translate that feeling of "he can be so many things" other than just a gunslinger. (Besides, we kinda have a lot of those in the Fateverse but not so many actual, disheartened fallen heroes (who aren't a crazy Berserker.) The closest I can think of him for a comparsion is Emiya Alter.
    But YES! His Noble Phantasms' names, I thought of explaining it somewhere but as always, you can never post sheets past midnights bcs you'll always forget something... These are references from the character Zorro, rather than "Joaquín Murrieta". I kinda tried to double down on the idea that he's not his own person, he's "whatever people believe he was", and Zorro is a big figure in the colective imagination that would most certainly mold Avenger to a certain degree. But anyway, seriously! Thanks a lot again! ;_;

Edward Williams: Skull. Skull, Skull... THIS WAS SO GOOD. I found out completely by accident that everything about this sheet had a hidden, collapsed text somewhere, and it was as if I was a kid again in a treasure hunt. This alone elevated our experience with the Servant's story, as we would finding out more and more about him through that act. You did an amazing job fleshing out both his "ideal" self as much as his "real" self - and both are equally tragic but also equally amusing. Seriously, I'm kinda overwhelmed because I have so much to say but I can't quite find the words... So at least, lemme say: you did SO GOOD here. What a strong entry!
    (Alright I also liked quite a lot your jab at this guy's delusions by refusing to use his made-up name hahaha. You're really poking his wounds right now, you know?)
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Edward Williams: Skull. Skull, Skull... THIS WAS SO GOOD. I found out completely by accident that everything about this sheet had a hidden, collapsed text somewhere, and it was as if I was a kid again in a treasure hunt. This alone elevated our experience with the Servant's story, as we would finding out more and more about him through that act. You did an amazing job fleshing out both his "ideal" self as much as his "real" self - and both are equally tragic but also equally amusing. Seriously, I'm kinda overwhelmed because I have so much to say but I can't quite find the words... So at least, lemme say: you did SO GOOD here. What a strong entry!
    (Alright I also liked quite a lot your jab at this guy's delusions by refusing to use his made-up name hahaha. You're really poking his wounds right now, you know?)
    Oh that's a relief, it was such a gimmicky sheet with a lot of formatting that I was worried that it might not have displayed correctly for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Draw your last pathetic sword, Arthur.

The Hole in the World

“This world has fallen from grace. It is up to me to raize it and carve a new Paradise from the bedrock.”

Lore

At one point in time Vortigern might have been a human. A usurper king, Vortigern desired for a Britain that was ruled by the strong and served by the weak. Although his tribe was small they fought with such ferocity and vigor that his Saxon horde rolled over the fledgling nation of Britain, crushing all underfoot. Although Vortigern himself was Romano-Britain born he had no loyalty towards his fellow countrymen, only a desire for dominion over the island nation. One could say he is the ultimate usurper, seizing the throne from Uther through foreign aid by betraying his family, his country and worst of all, betraying himself. It is questionable if he was truly a human at all since turning one's back on one’s own people so quickly is unconscionable within even the most evil and despised figures recorded in Proper Human History.

It was at the end of his reign that he had become “Britain itself” and his victory would have been assured had it not been for the aberrant heir of his brother taking hold of the holy lance, Rhongomyniad, and piercing him with it. As the tyranny spewed forth from Vortigern he was reduced to a feeble old man who was powerless against his attackers. It was in this state that he gave a grim prophecy, that the nation of Britain was doomed due to the coming Age of Man and it would remain an island with no future as long as King Arthur remained.

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Berserker
    True Name: Vortigern the Usurper
    Aliases: Vortigan, Vortiger, the Hole in the World, the White Dragon, Britain
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Source: Arthurian Legend

Parameters

STR: A

END: A+

AGI: B

MGI: B+

LCK: C

NP: A+

Height: 1.86 m (6’1’’)
    Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
    Dislikes: Humanity
    Talent: Usurpation
    Natural Enemy: King Arthur, Knights of the Round Table, Merlin
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: Sword, Lance, Bow, Dragon
    Catalyst: Crystallised dragon blood excavated from Mount Emrys

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A): Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer". Ruler is the holder of the Element of the White Dragon and is tasked with the preservation of “Britain”. This humongous magical power is the source of Ruler’s high Magical Resistance. However, sorceries of “dragon-slaying” will bypass some of the defense this skill offers.

True Name Discernment (B): Status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. If summoned as a Ruler their true name and entire status information will be revealed. For Servants with concealment abilities a LCK check is required. Not only possessing the authority of a king but the will to designate his surroundings as his domain, Ruler has no trouble gleaning information from his “subjects”.

God’s Resolution (A): The privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War: the right to use Command Spells against Servants. Two Command Spells can be used for each Servant participating in the Holy Grail War and Ruler cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others. Even if he were to be summoned in a different class he would still retain this skill as he is in possession of a Noble Phantasm that undermines the authority of any Ruler-class servant.

Personal Skills

Mana Burst (Lightning) (A+): The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. In this case the Magical Energy imparts a lightning effect. He is able to defeat countless enemies with a single blow due to having excessive Magical Energy. The lightning attribute comes from the white dragon that prophesied Ruler’s demise.

Instinct (A+): The ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. A master of combat, his victory over King Arthur was assured. Only a miracle could have made defeat a possibility.

Dragon Core Reactor (A): Different from typical Magical Circuits, a Magical Core is likened to a factory that produces Magical Energy. Derived from Ruler’s Element of White Dragon, the Core generates Magical Energy independent of his body simply by breathing.

Damnation of the Usurper (B): A skill that works in the opposite direction of Charisma; increasing one’s own abilities the more their enemies unite against them. Ruler feeds off the fervor of those who wish to end him.

Noble Phantasms

Dinas Emrys

~The White Comet Foretells the End of an Era~

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 0~100
    Max Targets: 500

It was during construction of a castle in Dinas Emrys where every night the castle walls and foundation would be mysteriously demolished. Hearing the advice from his councillors, Ruler sought out a boy who was “conceived between the Earth and Moon” to sacrifice. Locating the boy, Ruler discovered his talent for prophecies and spared his life in order to learn of his own fate. The boy spoke to him about two dragons living within Mount Emrys, one white the other red. Once the dragons were excavated they fought, the red one claiming victory over the white one. This was transmitted across Britain, many seeing the Saxons symbolised by the white dragon and Britain symbolised by the red dragon, having united under the banner of a new king.

The dragon and Ruler were one in the same, two instances of the same existence created at different points in time and in different forms. The dragon that had the downfall of the Saxons imprinted on it was a thunder dragon who spewed lightning from his maw. It put on great displays of power that drew the ire of the red dragon, who bided its time and grew stronger, eventually surpassing its white counterpart in strength. One could say that the white dragon represents power while the red dragon represents potential. The blood that runs through Ruler’s veins is the same blood that was spilt on Mount Emrys, and from it a new dragon can be born.

Pitch Black Usurper
    ~Against the World I Stand Alone~

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: N/A
    Max Targets: 1

Ruler could not imagine a prosperous Britain living on without him. He had worked so hard to obtain what he had gained and was not ready to let it go. Ruler had become fixated on his idea of a “pure Britain”, one without the follies of humanity. Within the boy’s prophecy he saw not only the end of his own reign but also the end of the Age of Mystery, a transition that would defile his Britain. So Ruler imbibed the white dragon’s ichor, a dragon that had come to embody himself and his desires. He began to metamorphosize into a being that could plunge Britain into darkness, reverting it to its primordial state where no man should ever set foot again. What little humanity he had was expunged and from his earthly vessel emerged a hole in the World. Even the most bright and holy lights could make only a faint glow within the dark shadow that it cast.

Ruler’s fixation manifested as a suit of pitch-black armour. Wrapped in his own solipsism, Ruler is rendered immune to the damage inflicted by Divine Weapons as he rejects the nature of the World around him, content to stew in his own loneliness. While inside the armour the authority of the World is unknown to him and so the anchors of existence simply pass through him as if he were a non-entity. Damage from other weapons and spells is possible, but they still have to contend with his formidable END stat. Nothing short of a miracle could ever pierce it.

Darkened Skies
    ~Rule, Britannia~

Type: Anti-Britain
    Range: ???
    Max Targets: ???

“Let it be known that I, Vortigern the Usurper, the true king of Britain, refuse to acknowledge this walking abomination as your Once and Future King. I can smell the very dark magics that were used to construct you from here. I will not abdicate my throne so easily to something that isn’t human, let alone a woman! If you face me then you will face the full might of my kingdom! Draw your swords, knights, for I AM BRITAIN ITSELF!”

“...You cannot save what you cannot understand. Civilisation is very nearly upon us. As long as you remain, this country has no future. Britain dies with me.”

Personality

Vortigern carries himself with authority. His smugness and sense of superiority rivals that of the King of Conquerors. He is a man who is unsatisfied with how the world has turned out and envisions a superior one under his own rule. Mighty heroes who predate him by thousands of years he views as mere slaves to their ideologies, unwilling to use their gifts to maintain and expand their domains. He blames the coming of the Age of Man on those who came before him yet did nothing to hinder it, though he also partially blames himself for not foreseeing the miracle that brought his own end.

Ruler believes he is “Britain Incarnate”. In all things he does and says, in everything he desires and works towards, they are in his mind one-to-one with Britain. His belief that his will is the will of an entire nation suggests he has a massive ego and an overinflated sense of self-importance. Anyone that disagrees with him is labeled an enemy of the state. Anyone who is an enemy of the state will be pursued with extreme prejudice, no matter how big or small their “crime” was. His hatred of the Knights of the Round Table burns so hotly within his mind it borders on its own Reality Marble. His hatred for Arthur burns even hotter.

Despite what someone might assume he is actually a very graceful loser. To him losing a battle is either a minor setback or part of a much bigger plan.

Quotes

“Behold, for standing before you is Britain itself. Kneel and swear fealty to your new king or I will gladly separate your head from your shoulders.”

“Screw the rules, I’m Britain.”

“You’re a third rate Servant with a fourth rate Master.”

(to Artoria)
    “You may have beaten me last time, but I assure you history won’t repeat itself.”

Authors Notes

i went there

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Murrieta: puh thats a well made one Howaito i must say , i have the feeling that he could be desrcibed or better said the Phrase "He is a Golden Heart beneath the liquid crimson veil " Reall good Job now i must think of a candidate that reach equal Level .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Draw your last pathetic sword, Arthur.
    Artoria: "My grandpa's armoury has no pathetic swords, Vortigern. But it does contain...the unstoppable RHONGOMYNIAD!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Authors Notes

i went there
    Yes...yes you did. And I loved every second of it. XD

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I could hear "ORE NO PURAIDO, SOSHITE ORE NO TAMASHII" through the entire sheet.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To the Late Queen of Lilies, Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna
    Marie, mon soleil, mon amour. If you were to stand beside me now, surely you would not forgive me for this. But you... You're not here. Those people- scums of the earth, every last one of them- they took you away from me, and circumstances prevented me from holding your hand the moment you needed me the most. Those barbarians took your life in the name of 'change', parading across Paris as they triumphantly sang 'La Marseillaise'. They never knew the real you, the Queen who continued to smile even as her dreams crumbled to dust, one who only wished for her people's happiness above all else. You did so much for their sake, and they repaid you with such a grisly end.

News of your... passing reached me in Brussels, as I continued to look for ways to prevent your cruel fate. It was then that a sense of dread and emptiness grasped me at my very core, like never before. I had lost someone very dear to me. Despite everything... I failed you. Yet the more I inquire about your passing, the more my heart bleeds, the emptiness gradually shifting into something else. Knowing you, you would certainly stop me here. If you were here, you would smile and laugh it off, like you always did, assuring me that everything will be fine, and that you would embrace death willingly if it means the happiness of your people.

...But I refuse. Try as I might, my heart could never bear to do so. Knowing that I've lost you, that you're no longer here... I cursed.
    I cursed Louis. I cursed Robespierre. I cursed the ignorant, uneducated masses who demanded your life. Every night, I awoke in cold sweat as my dreams mocked me, reminding me that I was too late. That your hand, your smile was forever beyond my reach. I held on to this newfound feeling. A feeling so painful and repulsive that the slightest thought of it devours my heart from the inside out. Yet despite it all, I can never let go. I can never forget. This soul-crushing resentment at the masses who condemned your name. At the world who could not save you.

Therefore, I shall embrace it all. All that sorrow and loneliness you had to bear by your lonesome... Please entrust it all to me. For your sake, I shall stain my hands with blood and let the darkness swallow me whole, so that you may obtain the justice that the world and all its people robbed you of.

So please... Don't ever let your shining brilliance fade away. Please continue to smile, untouched by the unsightly nature of hate. Someday, if by some chance it is at all possible... I'd love to join you for another cup of tea.
    ...Heh. Just kidding. After everything I did, I doubt you would even glance at this loathsome monster I've become.

-Your dear friend and 'big brother', Fersen.

Avenger of the Shattered Crystal Palace
    -The Other Side of the Revolution-

Source

​"Resent not your suffering and poverty. After all, It is only human to struggle and desire for more. Your ignorance and mindless mob mentality, on the other hand... Therein lies your sin. For the sake of Her Majesty- no, my dear sister- who wished for nothing else but the prosperity of her kingdom and the happiness of her people... Please die."

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Saber, Rider
    True Name: Hans Axel von Fersen
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Sweden (18th Century)

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C+++
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Dislikes: Peasants, manipulators, ignorance, mob mentality, himself
    Talent: Diplomacy, conquest
    Natural Enemy: Anyone connected to the French Revolution
    Armament: Rapier, rifle, crystals
    Catalyst: An old broken pocket watch, although any catalyst meant for Marie also has a small chance of summoning him

Class Skills
    Avenger

A skill representing representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage. Embracing the hatred towards the ungrateful masses who killed his dearest friend, Avenger turns negative emotions directed towards him into strength.

Oblivion Correction

A class skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened. While all of his incarnations retain memories of Marie's death regardless of class, the Avenger class in particular takes this up to eleven, forcing him to remember every bit of sorrow and anguish he felt at the moment of her death. These emotions sublimate into an intense hatred that may never fully fade away.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)

A class skill of the Avenger class, one's magical energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn.

Personal Skills

Mark of the Fleeting Lilies (EX)

A crystallization of Avenger's self-sacrificing mentality, taken to the extreme. While Avenger did bear some level of resentment towards the masses over what happened during the French Revolution, the lack of legends detailing his more vengeful side in life makes it highly unlikely for him to qualify for the class known for their vengeance. Normally, he would be better suited for the Saber and Rider classes, representing the peak of his glory, but a certain mindset of his caused an irregularity of sorts during the summoning. After his friend's death, Avenger spent the rest of his life drowned in regrets, reminiscing of bygone days, thinking of what-ifs and what-could-have-beens. Despite his best efforts, he failed, and even in his final moments, Avenger wondered if there was a way to save his friend. Thus, when the Throne offered him an opportunity to absorb all of the people's hatred, lies, and slanderous rumors directed towards the queen, it was only natural that Avenger would take it as a final act of sacrifice. This is the true reason why "Marie Antoinette Alter" does not exist; because Avenger absorbed all the sorrow, hatred, and false rumors that would make her qualify as an Alter. A Skill similar in nature to a self-inflicted Innocent Monster, Avenger's parameters are greatly boosted by the people's hatred towards Marie Antoinette, and by extension, the French monarchy as a whole. While Innocent Monster normally warps the individual according to the people's views, Avenger seemingly retains most of his appearance and personality, perhaps due to not being the "true" Marie Antoinette. Yet the fact that Avenger is able to relatively remain himself despite embracing the hatred of countless individuals during the revolution... That may mean that Avenger's hatred towards those who killed Marie is much stronger than the people's hatred towards the queen.

Incitement (War) (B)

A skill that functions as the acquisition of the words and gestures to lead the citizens and the masses. While his plan ultimately failed, Avenger possesses this skill as someone who had managed to convince roughly half of Europe to declare war with France, all for the sake of rescuing his friend. Allows Avenger to incite feelings of hostility, resentment, suspicion, and impulsiveness from his surroundings, throwing them into chaos.

Affaire du Collier de la Reine (D)

Affair of the Diamond Necklace. A scandal that ruined Marie's reputation by the implication that she had participated in a crime to defraud the crown jewelers in acquiring a very expensive diamond necklace. A Skill indirectly gained through Mark of the Fleeting Lilies, while Avenger himself had nothing to do with the incident, the scandal further incited the people's hatred towards the monarchy, and Avenger recognized it as one of the many triggers which led to Marie's death, allowing him to obtain this Skill. Allows Avenger to crystallize and store mana in the form of diamond beads and gemstones. Once formed, Avenger can further mold the shape of these beads and gemstones, forming barriers, spikes, projectiles, and even a crystal horse, reminiscent of a certain queen's Noble Phantasm.

Racing Against the Hands of Fate (A-)

Avenger's main Noble Phantasm were he summoned in any other class. A crystallization of both the Flight to Varennes and Avenger's race across Europe in his last-ditch effort to stop Marie's execution; a Skill signifying one man's desperate attempt to prevent his friend's tragic fate. Back then, there was only one thing he could do; run. He rode across France in the dead of night, protecting the royal family. Failing that, he rode across Europe in a race against time, desperate for a way, any way to save Marie. While as a Noble Phantasm, Racing Against the Hands of Fate would highlight the aspect of "protecting what one holds dear", under the Avenger class, it embodies the simple idea of desperation, and "fear of losing what one holds dear". A Skill similar to the far-eastern style of Reduced Earth, the more Avenger considers himself to be in a desperate situation, the more his agility parameter would rise, eventually reaching a point where Avenger's movements would be almost invisible to the human eye. This Skill also grants the benefits of Battle Continuation and Determination of Steel at rank C. That said, Avenger despises this Skill, as it reminds him of the fact that no matter how fast he could run now, he was and will always be too late to save that person back then.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Desolate Palace of Fleeting Brilliance
    Hollow Versailles

Type: Fortress
    Range: 0-100
    Max Targets: 1000 people

A manifestation of Avenger's all-encompassing hatred towards both the peasants who initiated the revolution and the decadence of the French nobility, which made such revolution possible to begin with. This Noble Phantasm takes the form of a pseudo-reality marble containing a replica of the Palace of Versailles, as a place which tied together the decadence of the royals, the hatred of the revolutionaries, and Avenger's own memories of Marie Antoinette; the place where they first met. Its mana cost is massive, but Avenger only uses a small portion of his own mana to activate and supply this Noble Phantasm. Instead, upon its activation, the established pseudo-reality marble drains massive amounts of mana indiscriminately from its surroundings. Yet this massive mana drain would not kill those affected. Rather, it would simply seal magic circuits and immobilize the targets to the point they could do nothing but grovel on the ground before the absolute might of the monarchy. This effect was born from Avenger's belief that the creation and subsequent destruction of the palace, as well as the death of Marie Antoinette by extension, was not the work of a singular person. Rather, it was the work of countless people and numerous factors, all of which Avenger believes should be held responsible for his loss. Thus, he believes it to be natural for everyone to support and suffer through the use of this Noble Phantasm. Only members of royalty may resist this massive mana drain effect and enter the palace.

Entering the palace triggers the next phase of this Noble Phantasm; the Palace of Versailles as a cesspool of grandeur and decadence. Inside, the furniture are coated with gold and precious gemstones, and a masquerade ball is in full swing. Numerous wraiths posed as inhabitants of the palace, dancing merrily to the music. Here, targets are prone to lose themselves as Skills that show "a way out" such as Clairvoyance, Instinct, and Eye of the Mind are sealed and a heavy mental interference is placed upon them.

As time passes, this Noble Phantasm gradually shifts into its second phase; the Palace of Versailles as a target of the people's hatred. As the targets lose themselves in song and dance, the palace's grandeur fades away over time, its golden-painted halls becoming pale and torn, its luxurious furniture becoming broken and unusable, its lights dimming out, and the dancing wraiths disappearing one by one. At this stage, the targets' parameters rapidly drop and they are penalized with heavy conceptual weakness within the palace, as it had become "a place that rejects royalty". This was the Palace of Versailles following the revolution; an abandoned, broken palace symbolizing the death of the monarchy.

Once all targets had perished within the palace, this Noble Phantasm shifts into its third and final phase, representing Avenger's memories of the queen, and his bottomless sorrow and regret over his inability to save her. Avenger would make his way to the throne room of the now deserted palace, a pale image of its former glory. There, he would weep silently as the palace begins to crumble, possibly taking his own life in the process. The entire procession of this Noble Phantasm may last for up to six hours, and it would be automatically canceled should Avenger fail to get past the second phase before the allotted time runs out. Truly, a Noble Phantasm representing Avenger's boundless hatred towards both the world and himself.

Description
    Avenger's True Name is Hans Axel von Fersen, a Swedish nobleman, diplomat, and close friend (and possibly secret lover) to Marie Antoinette.

At first glance, Avenger did not seem to carry himself compared to his other incarnations. He is courteous and chivalrous, if not a bit arrogant, a perfect knight in shining armor. Yet deep down, Avenger is a deeply broken man with boundless hatred erratically directed both inwards and outwards. He resents the decadent intricacies of the monarchy which robbed Marie of her happiness. He resents the ignorant, foolish peasants who robbed Marie of her life in the name of "change" and "justice". Most of all, he resents himself for his failure, claiming that whatever he did, it wasn't enough. He wasn't fast or strong enough to protect her, despite his best efforts. Even as a Servant, Avenger continues to weep and think of what-could-have-beens; how things could have happened if he was just a little bit faster or stronger. If Louis did not ruin his escape plan. If he rode fast enough to reach Paris before her execution, among countless more what-ifs. Due to this deep sense of self-loathing, any mention of Avenger being a "knight in shining armor" is enough to set him off, as it reminds him of his failure.

While some may consider Avenger to be a supporter of the monarchy and an enemy of the revolution, Avenger denies this. He does not resent peasants for being poor and starving. Rather, he despises their ignorance, and their mentality to follow one loud voice without question. To him, it was this ignorance that allowed the revolution and all the chaos it entailed to happen. On the other hand, he also loathes the decadent idiocy displayed by the monarchy. After all, Louis XVI had also played a large part in allowing the revolution to happen, either directly or indirectly. Thus, Avenger claims that he did not side with the monarchy. Rather, he would side with "whichever one did not condemn Marie's name". Yet knowing how Avenger believes that every last person who took part in the revolution was responsible for Marie's death, he was and still is effectively alone. Either way, should he encounter any of those he considers responsible, Avenger would gradually show a different side to himself. He tries maintains his courteous demeanor, but every word he utters out of his mouth is draped with sarcasm, hatred, and malice. As time passes, even his courteous facade would gradually crack, revealing an even more vengeful side to him, determined to make Marie's killers suffer in the worst possible ways.

Under any other class, should one ask Avenger a question regarding his relationship to Marie Antoinette, Avenger would get flustered as he denies anything romantic happening between the two, claiming that Marie was more like "a helpless little sister figure I just had to protect". Under the Avenger-class, however, Avenger would become more forthright with his emotions and outright admit to loving Marie with "every last drop of love I have left in my empty heart". Yet Avenger refuses to do anything about these feelings. Back then, he realized these feelings way too late, and as a Servant, he believes himself to be unworthy of happiness after failing her. To Avenger, as long as he knows that Marie is happy and smiling out there, the sight of her broken pocket watch he still keeps with him at all times is enough to soothe his heart.

Lore
    Hans Axel von Fersen was a Swedish count, Marshal of the Realm of Sweden, a General of Horse in the Royal Swedish Army, one of the Lords of the Realm, aide-de-camp to Rochambeau in the American Revolutionary War, diplomat and statesman, and a friend of Queen Marie Antoinette of France.

Throughout his youth, Fersen embarked on multiple journeys throughout Europe in order to see the world and further his military education. He met Marie Antoinette in one of these journeys, during a masquerade ball while the two were in their teens. Marie had used her anonymity during this ball to get away from the convoluted politics of the French court, and the young Count Fersen unknowingly danced with her. This event sparked a close friendship between the two that would span decades, to the point that Fersen himself was accepted as a close ally of the French Royal Family, oftentimes exchanging letters with the queen even when he was halfway across the world, fighting in the American Revolutionary War. Their friendship also caused rumors and conspiracy mentioning that Fersen was actually the queen's secret lover. The truth of these rumors remain unknown to this day.

After his first encounter with Marie Antoinette, Fersen joined the French to fight Britain in the American Revolutionary War. Within three years, he had become an accomplished, high-ranking soldier admired by many, thanks to both his royal origins and his expertise in the military. He was even awarded as a member of the Order of Cincinnatus by the American General George Washington, although he was forbidden to wear it by his monarchy.

Fersen returned to France as talks of revolution began to circulate within the monarchy. As tensions increased and the masses demanded the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, he steeled his resolve and decided to oppose fate itself for the sake of a world where Marie Antoinette may live, unburdened by her duties as queen and the people's hatred towards royalty. First, he orchestrated the Flight to Varennes, an escape plan where the royal family would leave Paris and travel halfway across France overnight to the town of Varennes, where Louis XVI may consolidate his power once again and enact a counterrevolution against the rioting masses in Paris. While the plan started out successfully, it failed when Louis boasted about the plan and chatted with locals along the way, leaking the royal family's whereabouts, leading up to the arrest of the entire French royal family just before they were able to enter Varennes. Thanks to Fersen's status as a foreign diplomat to France, he was able to get off only with a mild warning from the revolutionaries. Yet even then, the count refused to give up. As the date of Marie's execution looms closer, Fersen went on a race against time across Europe, negotiating with kingdoms throughout the continent to declare war on France as a last ditch effort to save the queen. He knew that should this plan work, it would doom France, and stain his hands with the blood of countless innocents. As much as he resents these revolutionaries, he acknowledges that among them were starving children and impoverished families. The prospect of triggering the ultimate annihilation of France still weighed heavily on his conscience. Regardless, seeing no other option available, Fersen commenced his plan, still wondering if this was the right thing to do for the sake of the queen.

Fersen did not have to wonder for long. Marie Antoinette was executed by guillotine on October 16th 1793 on the Place de la Révolution. At the time, Fersen was in Brussels, roughly halfway across his journey. The count was devastated upon hearing news of Marie Antoinette's execution. Over the years following her death, Fersen would periodically return to Paris to collect the queen's belongings, among them a broken pocket watch which he kept on his personage at all times. Every year on the anniversary of her death, he wrote letters to the queen, and he continued to wait for replies which will never come. He continued to write even as the times changed and he drowned in regrets, sorrow, and resentment. Some of these letters had been recovered in recent years, shedding light on a long line of correspondences between the Queen of France and her close friend; a foreign diplomat who wished and failed to remain by her side.

It was said that Fersen was a changed man ever since the queen's death. He began showing distaste towards peasants, drowning himself in governance, politics, and conquest. He gathered various achievements, climbing up the ranks of Sweden's Order of the Sword, to the point he reached the highest rank within the order, the Knight Commander Grand Cross. Yet despite these achievements and grandiose titles...

None of them could fill a certain empty void in his heart.

Relationships
    Charles-Henri Sanson:
    "The Monsieur de Paris... No. As much as I resent all those who took part in the revolution, You're not worth the effort. Drown in your own regrets and curse yourself for your actions. Once you've had enough, I'll make your death swift, at the very least."

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Chevalier d'Eon:
    "You... You dare call yourself friends of the queen? Then... WHERE WERE YOU!? WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT!? DID SHE MEAN THAT LITTLE TO YOU!?"

Napoleon Bonaparte:
    "And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen! A big round of applause to the man of possibilities himself! A man so drunk in lies and hypocrisy, to the point the masses sang countless praises of him, ignorant of the atrocities he committed! Knowing how the masses are... it's no wonder they hailed you as a hero. You, Robespierre, Saint-Just, every last one of you... You have my biggest thanks! Thank you for showing me the possibility of humans committing such depraved atrocities in the name of your justice!"

Maximillien Robespierre:
    "Well... how was it? That new world you spoke of... was it worth the screams, blood, and tears that stained the streets..? WAS IT WORTH HER HEAD!? sigh... I'd tear you limb to limb, but... no, it's not enough. IT'S NOT ENOUGH! FORFEITING YOUR LIFE ISN'T ENOUGH TO PAY FOR HERS! I COULD KILL YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER, AND IT STILL WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH!"

Louis XVI:
    "The incompetent man who failed as a King, a husband, and a father. If it weren't for you..! IF IT WEREN'T FOR WHAT YOU DID, MARIE WOULDN'T HAVE..! A-Ahem, my apologies, I've lost my composure for a bit there. Hm? You still dare to apologize and regret the things that happened during the revolution? The things you brought upon yourself..? No. A failure like you... The failure who took her... You don't have the right to cry. Not after all the tears I shed for her. Die."

Gilles de Rais:
    "Do you blame God for what happened to the Holy Maiden? How foolish. God had nothing to do with the atrocities man are capable of. Yes, do not resent the heavens. Resent the hands of man, those who condemned your Holy Maiden!"

Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova:
    "A child who lost her loved ones in another revolution. A victim of the people's so-called justice, and the ignorant, uneducated masses who follow unquestioningly. I see that centuries after my time, humans haven't changed one bit. You have my sympathies."

Hans Axel von Fersen (Rider):
    "You ask whether I lost sight of my wish..? I could ask the same to you. You forgot, and that made you weak. Don't ever forget that emptiness you felt for 17 years following her death. The resentment you felt towards those who took part in her demise. How you cursed yourself every night as you grasped the cold night air, wondering about things that could never be. Don't. Ever. Forget."

Louis XVII (Avenger):
    "You're... Marie's son, aren't you? To think they killed a child and called it justice... How barbaric. A-Ahem, don't be afraid, I'm a friend of your mother. I guess you can call me... Uncle? Ahaha, it seems I might need to get used to that name. Now then, would you like to head to the cafeteria with me? We could get some ice cream together, if you'd like."

Marie Antoinette (Bond 5):
    "Ah, that's..! She's... here as well..? ...No, I refuse to see her, not after everything I did. Now, now, don't look so surprised, Master. As long as I know that there is a version of her who continued to smile... That's enough for me. Hm? What's that? Are these... tears? Ufufu, nonsense. You must be seeing things. I have no right to shed those, not after I failed her."

Bond CE
    Memories of Versailles

To the Late Queen of Lilies, Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna

Marie, mon soleil, mon amour.

Seventeen years had passed since your passing. Time sure flew quickly, wouldn't you agree?

A few years ago, I visited Versailles once again to collect your belongings. The palace was quiet, devoid of life. Yet even then, my mind could not help but wander to days past, back to those peaceful summers where we would spend time together in the garden to have tea and play card games, smiling and laughing the afternoon away. Those memories brought the tiniest smile to my face, before I was once again reminded of the things that... transpired soon after those peaceful days.

Following your passing, I finally came to a realization. I finally have a name for these feelings that plagued my mind. That sinking feeling, the pain in my chest whenever I think of your smile, knowing I could never see or touch you again, the emptiness I feel even more than a decade after you left...

It's called love.

Marie Antoinette, I love you. I love you madly, passionately... eternally. It is far too late for me to do anything about it now, yet I shall stubbornly continue to love you. I shall continue to declare my feelings for you to the uncaring void, to this hollow, empty world who robbed you of your happiness. No matter what, I shall carry this love with me to the end of my days.

I love you, and forever is not enough.

-Eternally yours, Axel von Fersen

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Whew, I sure milked the angst with this one, didn't I? Then again, can you blame me? I just love this character, and HE FITS THE ENTIRE "TRAGIC PRINCE CHARMING" NARRATIVE SO WELL. Ahem, anyway, this is a redesign/continuation of an older sheet I wrote on him, and I believe he fits the prompt well. He went through a few different ideas before I finally settled on his Skills and NP. Overall, I'm pretty proud of how he turned out. Anyway, on to the fun facts...

- The idea of Mark of the Fleeting Lilies came from a headcanon of mine. "What if the reason Marie could not be summoned as an alter is because someone else sacrificed themselves to absorb all of her negative aspects?". The appearance of "Marie Alter" in FGO's Requiem collab partially debunked this headcanon, but since the "Marie Alter" there was more like a collection of wraiths who assumed Marie's form due to Erice's prior encounter with Louis XVII, I guess my headcanon still... partially stands?

- Second headcanon! I took some liberties here since some of Fersen's recovered letters painted him as someone with more outright romantic feelings towards Marie even before her death. So at least in my headcanon, while Marie was alive, he was more like a "teasing yet protective older brother" figure to her, without realizing any romantic feelings towards her. Recovered letters between the two suffered from translation errors and different contexts, which led to historians believing the two to have romantic feelings towards each other. In truth (within my headcanon, anyway), Fersen only came to realize his own romantic feelings after Marie passed away, a fact he deeply regretted. Why did I think of this, you ask? Just to increase the angst even further.

- That bond CE was written 17 years after Marie's death. Fersen died 17 years after Marie, at the hands of an angry mob. If you want even more angst, you can interpret that as his final letter or something.

-A part of his Skills and NP are designed to be a parallel of Marie. Affair of the Diamond Necklace allows him to conjure his own version of Guillotine Breaker, and Hollow Versailles is just a darker interpretation of Marie's Crystal Palace NP.

- As indicated in his lines, despite him being openly hostile to almost everyone involved in the French Revolution, Fersen has a soft spot for Louis XVII, assuming the role of a doting uncle of sorts. In some event, he would adopt both Louis and Anastasia due to their similar fates, creating some sort of comedic, semi-dysfunctional family of sorts.

- The French Revolution sure gave birth to lots of Avengers. Not counting Marie, there's Fersen, Louis XVII, Robespierre and Louis XVI would probably qualify as well... I guess it's just something that ended poorly for everyone involved.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 12th, 2020 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar, typo, and line on Louis XVII

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

Death is salvation, but most, if not all methods to achieve death can be very, very, oh so slow and painful! So I’ll make it swift and painless for you, my little dear~ Only then can it be salvation.

True Name: LouisetteThe Guillotine
    Class: Saver
    Other Qualified Classes: Assassin, Avenger, Beast
    Sex: Female
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: France
    Attribute: Man
    Height: 164cm
    Weight: 57kg

Traits: Female, Servant, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: A Guillotine that was used in France and during the French Revolution era (in addition, her summoner must have an extremely desperate desire for their own death; a unique factor required to summon the Saver Louisette)
    Natural Enemy: Marie Antoinette
    Image Colour: Ominous Red
    Character Voice: Tanaka Rie

Parameters

Strength: E
    Constitution: E
    Agility: C
    Magical Power: C
    Luck: A+
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills
    Charisma: A+

The natural talent to command an army. Increases the abilities of allies during group battles.

While not a leader of a nation, the people desperately turned to the Guillotine during the turbulent times to enact justice, as well as to sate their hatred; a symbol of revolution. Because of that, Louisette possesses an extremely high charisma, as if it is even a charm or a curse. It can be said that if she gave someone the death penalty in front of a crowd, the masses will certainly desire for that person’s death fanatically as a result.

Counter-Hero: B+

A Skill that brings down the parameters of any hero on the occasion of dealing with them.

Let alone heroes, anyone and everyone is dealt with equally in the face of the Guillotine, regardless of their social class and privilege. In Louisette’s case, it reduces all parameters of any Servant she confronts by two ranks, and it also nullifies any of their defensive Skills and Noble Phantasms that comprise the effects of mental interference resistance and instant death resistance.

Personal Skills
    Executioner: EX

Severing evil with evil; the ultimate judgement act. In Louisette’s case, she is not the executioner, but the execution tool itself that can sentence executions. Therefore, this Skill works for her not by increasing damage dealt, but by expanding the range of her applicable targets for her Noble Phantasm. Notwithstanding those of the Evil Alignment, but even those she sentences to the death penalty at her whim will become an applicable target for her Noble Phantasm.

Door to Paradise: C+

A Skill given to one who can be a “door” to those who desire paradise. The Guillotine was thought of as a door to paradise, giving those with the desire for death a death so swift and painless, it even gave them the illusion of a heavenly paradise. With this Skill, Louisette is able to locate those who strongly desire death and appear nearby them at will. The range of her manifestation can be as large as an area of the size of a country.

Normally, this would manifest as a different Skill if Louisette was summoned into a different Class that emphasized her hatred, but as a Saver, it is instead manifested as this Skill.

Incitement: A+

The acquisition of the words and gestures to lead many of the masses/citizens. Especially in the case where it is employed against an individual, it functions as some sort of mental attack.

For Louisette, not only can she mentally attack individuals to reduce their will to live, but she can also incite the masses to act against those that (she proclaims to) “deserve death”, amplifying the sense of hatred within them. When combined with her Charisma Skill, she can potentially incite the populace of an entire country and recreate the turbulent times of the French Revolution.

Era Observation: B

A Skill that observes not humans, but the flow of the eras. Louisette incorporates her observations into her very existence to alter her own placement in order to adjust to the current era she is summoned in. Depending on her efforts and the circumstances around her, she can alter her status in the eyes of the people from an abominable execution tool as seen in the modern era to a symbol of revolutionary justice as seen in the French Revolution, and in even some cases, she can raise her status equal to that of a genuine Messiah as a glorious tool of salvation. It is thanks to this Skill that she can raise her fame to the highest level and obtain perks exclusive for people of nobility and even of Messiahs, among other benefits.

Noble Phantasm
    La Mort Salut: Death is Salvation for All Eternity
    Classification: Anti-Personnel Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~100
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1000 people

La Mort Salut (The Death Salvation). A Noble Phantasm of the Constantly Invoked-Type that embodies the existence of the Guillotine: to grant the release of death swiftly and painlessly to all those who need it. Whatever the reason is for requiring one’s death, such as whether a death sentence was announced for the target, or whether the target themselves has lost the will to live, it does not matter. For those applicable targets, the moment their heads are touched by Louisette’s hands, they are instantly beheaded, Louisette pulling their heads off of their bodies as if it was the detachable head of a doll. A Noble Phantasm that inflicts instant death without fail to those whose fate leans even the slightest towards the boundary of death rather than the domain of life, regardless if the target themselves personally desires death or not. However, a Luck Check is applied where if the target successfully gets a favourable check, then they can overturn their fate to have it lean towards the domain of life, regardless of their initial fate, thereby resisting this Noble Phantasm.

Upon its True Name Release however, Louisette can reveal the true nature of this Noble Phantasm. The skies above the target is transformed into a golden sky with adrift golden clouds, giving the impression that Heaven is just above them. The area around the target emanates a blissful atmosphere due to the heavenly light shining on the target from above, dispelling any of the target’s will to live by instilling various reasons such as “living is just so painful” or “I do not deserve to live at all.” But in reality, all of this appears only to the individual targets. A mass Mental Interference Noble Phantasm that “reduces the people’s aptitude for living.” And then, a grandiose Guillotine descends from Heaven, dropping right in front of the target, and the target is naturally drawn to put themselves in position for their beheading.

In this case, there is no Luck Check being done. And unlike Charles-Henri Sanson’s Noble Phantasm, this Noble Phantasm does not require a resistance check from the target. There is no need for a judgment verdict. There is no need to force the target in place. And it does not matter if they can bear with the fate of dying eventually. They are all irrelevant in the face of the one that is the Guillotine itself. Lives come and go to the Guillotine after all. Thus, it is an instant death Noble Phantasm that can be applied to a target at range with a harsher condition to resist it: if one cannot, unconditionally, come to terms that they want to live through this mental “trial” - that they even have the slightest doubts about living - within a set period of time in that mental world, then their head is decapitated on the spot. (While it takes minutes for the target to go through that mental experience, the result is applied to the target within a second in the “real world”.)

While classified as an Anti-Personnel Noble Phantasm, its effects cover a large area surrounding Louisette, making it more appropriately an Anti-Army or even an Anti-Populace Noble Phantasm. The reason it is classified as Anti-”Personnel” is because it enforces a trial of guilt to each and every single person within range individually that all result in their own individual outcomes.

Character
    Personality

A beautiful, gray-haired lady dressed in a black gothic attire. A vicious slash mark appears across her neck, hidden behind her choker. One of the few Heroic Spirits based off of a weapon rather than a living being or concept. A young woman who embodies the true execution tool; the Guillotine. Louisette reaches out to those who wish for death, and grants death to them swiftly and painlessly in response to their pleas. Death in her eyes is salvation, and living in her eyes is folly, especially when doing so in this irrational and malicious world. To her, there is no merit to live a life that is filled with prolonged pain and suffering. Therefore, the best she can do is end their suffering right then and there, and in a way that will instantly bring them to the heavenly paradise that her greatest user, Charles-Henri Sanson, unconsciously desired. And she proclaims that only the most swift and painless death can achieve that.

… Or so, that is how she presents herself in accordance with the people’s desires. But truthfully, Louisette is a wicked person who harbours a wicked soul. She tries to highlight her self-importance, refusing to view her existence as obsolete that was due to the result of the death penalty becoming abolished in France. When she learned of the fact that humanity now prefers to give the condemned a second chance at life through corrections and reformations, she realized deep down in her heart that humanity has been led astray. The condemned must not get a second chance at life, for going through that second chance will only lead to more despair and hopelessness. She believes that humanity has forgotten the salvation death can bring. And thus, she made it her mission to bring salvation to humanity through death. Louisette as an Avenger would direct her hatred towards humanity for forgetting the value of her existence as a Symbol of Revolution, but Louisette as a Saver will direct her sympathetic love towards humanity by beheading them all instantly. At this point, one can see her to be the twisted lady she is, prone to killing anyone who deserves death, and even those who do not, simply because she can make it so that they do deserve death. In the end, bringing salvation according to the people’s desires for a swift and painless death is just a front. She brings salvation according only to her warped desires of making herself needed.

Naturally, Louisette takes pride in being one of the most prolific execution tools in human history, and she also takes pride in her execution method. She believes it to be so swift and painless, the beheaded person must have been experiencing the biggest ecstasy of their life at the moment of their death as they ascend to Heaven. She views that form of death as “true death”; the only form of death that can bring genuine salvation. She has taken a liking to Victorian culture, and would frequently explore gothic attires to try on in her spare time. She is also a yandere to every single human being, apparently, yet she would show her love by degrading them with harsh words. Strangely, she would find herself most often touching her neck, as if she was having intense neck pains.

In the end, Louisette is a dangerous Servant to anyone around her, being quite trigger-happy to killing anyone within her vicinity at a whim, regardless if it is a valid reason or not (for she will create a valid reason if there is none in the first place). But there is a reason why she has a slash mark across her neck, as if she too was a victim of the Guillotine; as if she too had despaired.

It is because she too (her soul) desired for the release of death, for “living” as she did in human history, beheading thousands and thousands of people endlessly, only filled her up with a long and agonizing pain and suffering. And she does not realize that at all.

Motive / Attitude towards the Master

Even her Master is not exempt from Louisette as a target for salvation. To Louisette, depending on factors such as how strong their will to live is or if they have any special characteristics that makes them more resilient to death compared to the more normal humans, it will make her decide if she should kill them earlier or not. However, she recognizes that a Master is needed to remain materialized in this world, so she will try to refrain from killing her own Master until she obtains the Holy Grail. Even so, it all depends on her level of self-control, for her love for them may overflow sporadically.

Louisette’s wish for the Holy Grail is “to uniformly reinstall the death penalty throughout the world, and if so, to preferably bring back the Guillotine as its sole execution method.” It is a wish borne not from her desire to save humanity from life’s hardships, but to simply and selfishly be relevant once again. However, Louisette recognizes this wish as a simple-minded one (although it is perhaps of that simple-mindedness that she, who was originally just an execution tool, was able to harbour a resounding soul and become a Heroic Spirit as a result), and therefore may change the wish she wants to make on the Holy Grail depending on the era she is summoned in and how the people of that era view the necessity of execution tools, as well as the concept of salvation through death.

Historical Image / Character Image
    The Guillotine. One of the most notorious execution tools used throughout human history. Its presence was made known during the French Revolution. While there were similar tools used before that period of turmoil, the most famous one among them would have to be the one used at the beginning stages of the French Revolution, which was given the name of “Guillotine”, named after Joseph-Ignace Guillotin, the French physician who first proposed to carry out executions in France in a more humane manner with this execution tool. And due to its fame and achievements, this Guillotine was able to become a Heroic Spirit. It is uncertain if it is because of that fame and those achievements, or if it already had one since its inception, but the Guillotine harbours a soul. A most vile yet pure soul.

Invented by the French surgeon Antonie Louis and the German engineer Tobias Schmidt, the Guillotine was first known by the name of “Louisette”, named after Antonie Louis. With the advent of the Guillotine, France has found their most successful and humane method of execution, and it became the sole execution method in France, used against every single condemned person, regardless of their social class, privilege, upbringing, position, and so forth. Truly, everyone is equal under the looming blade of the Guillotine. They are all equal before the law, and now, they are all equal in death.

The most prolific user of the Guillotine as an execution tool was the executioner Charles-Henri Sanson. And through his hands, a great many people were beheaded. From the people that shaped the history of France such as King Louis XVI, Queen Marie Antoinette, Maximilien Robespierre and Charlotte Corday, to some of the most obscure people. Just in the Reign of Terror alone, there were around 17000 people who were executed via the Guillotine. The Guillotine represented many things: equality, revolution, destruction, salvation.

But throughout the changing eras, even the Guillotine’s existence would be considered unnecessary and even abominable. Its usage ended when France abolished the death penalty near the advent of the second millennia. It signified to the world that France no longer desires death for the condemned. While the Guillotine has been used elsewhere around the world, its end in France truly signified the end of the Guillotine’s use in human history.

However, the Heroic Spirit known as Louisette sees things differently. It is inevitable that just like heroes of the past, she too - who embodies the Guillotine - would have her existence be made unnecessary for the modern era. Yet, just like some people of the modern era who yearn for heroes to save them, there are also some people who yearn for her hands; the hands that took away lives in a swift and painless motion. Her soul resonated with those who wished to be saved by the purest and truest form of death, and that moved her to answer the call of those that needed her. And thus, she answers the summonings in order to bring death (peace) to the fallen ones who are filled with despair and hopelessness.

Connections to Other Characters
    Charles-Henri Sanson

Sanson, oh Sanson~ Look at how pathetic you are. Living in agony while doing your duty that was forced upon you by the people. When will you willingly offer your head to me (the Guillotine) as atonement for your sins?

Marie Antoinette

Guillotine… Breaker? Pffhahaha! My dear Marie, you can never overturn your fate of being beheaded by the Guillotine. Never. Now, let me offer you the greatest ecstasy once again~

Dark Marie Antoinette

Ahh… You’re a symbol of Royal Authority detested by the masses, while I’m a symbol of Revolution loved by the masses… But it seems humanity has forgotten that, and instead switched their perceptions and made me the detested symbol!... Whatever… Let me take a look at your beautiful neck and the beautiful scar that lays hidden behind it, my love~ And then, I’ll deliver you an even greater ecstasy for your true, gloomy and fallen self.

Victims of the Guillotine (King Louis XVI, Robespierre, Charlotte Corday, etc.)

Good day to you again. Whether you’re suffering in pain, or whether you’ve accepted your demise, I’m always here again to deliver you your just desserts (licks lips).

Salome

Oh, your pure love! And your collection of heads! Truly, there’s nothing wrong with you, mon cheri. It’s simply the world around us that’s wrong!

Shuten-douji

(Blinks and stares at Shuten-douji in bewilderment when she learns that her head is still living even if she should be beheaded.)

Torture-Related Servants (Elizabeth Bathory / Carmilla / Wu Zetian / Hijikata Toshizou, etc.)

Louisette dislikes those who tortures people to death, and is disgusted at their inhumane acts. If she cannot kill them for some reason, she would rather not have anything to do with them at all. However, she harbours mixed feelings for them.

But it is thanks to people like you that I came into existence. How ironic.

Underworld-Related Servants (“The Old Man of the Mountain” / Nitocris / Ereshkigal / Utsumi Erice, etc.)

Louisette dislikes those who trap the souls of the dead in the Underworld rather than letting them ascend to Heaven. However, she is more obsessed with them, excited at the prospect if true death can even be delivered to them.

... If I deliver them the truest of death and grant them salvation, would they too go to the heavenly paradise? I’m so excited to try, I can’t stop shaking!

Kiara Sessyoin

I heard that your… “Heaven’s Hole”, can simultaneously deliver someone their salvation as well as their greatest ecstasy. I’m intrigued, yet offended, that your method of salvation can bring results that are similar to my own. Then how about it? Let us try to simultaneously save one another, right here, right now?
    Last edited by Clyton; October 5th, 2020 at 05:39 AM.